|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have Momo and her mother forgotten?
2. What refers to the foretelling or prediction of what is to come?
3. Where does the crowd drag Momo in Chapter 3?
4. What did one of the community members say Pempa had done while being stolen?
5. What do many of the women whom Momo encounters on her journey tell her to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Momo go about naming Pempa? What fortune is foretold at his naming?
2. How is the village of Gnatong described in the narrative?
3. What does Momo think of her new surroundings and people in Chapter 3?
4. Who comes to Momo's house after the monsoon?
5. Describe Momo's community and their religious beliefs. What does Momo understand of Buddha?
6. Where do Big Dorje and the traders take Momo in Chapter 4? What advice do they give her?
7. Who arrives at Momo's house in Chapter 2? What happens when they leave?
8. Why do the traders tell Momo she won't succeed? How does Momo respond?
9. What exposition is revealed in the beginning of Chapter 2? When does it take place?
10. Where does Momo wake up at the beginning of Chapter 3? What route does she begin descending?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the setting at the beginning of Daughter of the Mountains. What is the name of Momo's village? How big is it? What time does the story take place in?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the city of Kalimpong and Momo's impressions of it. How populated was the city during the time in which the novel is set? How does it differ from Momo's native Tibet?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and compare the characters of Tulsi, Little Dorje, and Big Dorje in the narrative. How do Big Dorje and Little Dorje differ in their approach to Momo?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)