Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The terrain Big Dorje takes Momo through grows increasingly ________.
2. What does Momo refer to as the "land of turquoise"?
3. What is Momo's father's name?
4. What is the name of the merchant Momo encounters?
5. Who is with Big Dorje when Momo finds him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the village of Gnatong described in the narrative?
2. How does Lady Paton intend to punish the thief of Pempa?
3. Why do the traders tell Momo she won't succeed? How does Momo respond?
4. Where does Momo discover the traders are headed with Pempa in Chapter 2? What does she decide to do?
5. What obstacles does Momo encounter in entering the palace in Chapter 8?
6. Who is potentially in Kapup when Momo arrives? Why does she want to hide from this person?
7. What does Momo learn in Lingtu? Where does her journey extend after Lingtu?
8. Where is Momo traveling in Chapter 3? What does she hope to find there?
9. What boy assists Momo in Chapter 4? What news does he relate of Pempa?
10. What does Momo learn about the British gentleman from Big Dorje?
Define and discuss the literary elements of objective and obstacle. What is the objective of Momo in the narrative? What obstacle does she face in attaining that objective in Chapter 4?
Describe the location, geography, and climate of the Great Trade Route, the mountain Jelep La, and the region of Sikkhim. What obstacles does Momo face along her path?
Describe and compare the characters of Tulsi, Little Dorje, and Big Dorje in the narrative. How do Big Dorje and Little Dorje differ in their approach to Momo?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)