|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What festival does Momo attend with her family in Chapter 1?
2. What refers to the foretelling or prediction of what is to come?
3. What is Momo's father's profession?
4. What word refers to confidence or trust in a person or thing?
5. Where does Momo wake up in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Momo initially depart on her journey in Chapter 2? What does she pass through?
2. Where did Momo first see a Lhasa Terrier? Why did her family not buy her one?
3. Why do the traders tell Momo she won't succeed? How does Momo respond?
4. What boy assists Momo in Chapter 4? What news does he relate of Pempa?
5. How does Momo get by along her journey? What suggestion is made by many whom Momo passes?
6. Who comes to Momo's house after the monsoon?
7. What elements of Momo's character maintain her focus along the journey? How is this shown in Chapters 3 and 4?
8. How does Momo feel at nightfall in Chapter 2? What happens at the end of the chapter?
9. How is the village of Gnatong described in the narrative?
10. How are Chapters 3 and 4 structurally developed in the novel? What elements stand out?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the location and history of Gnatong. What led many men to die there? How does the narrator describe the area in the text?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Momo's theological faith and how it compares and contrasts the beliefs of Momo's mother and father. How do Momo's mother and father differ in their view of God?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting at the beginning of Daughter of the Mountains. What is the name of Momo's village? How big is it? What time does the story take place in?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)