|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Momo's father's name?
2. Where is Momo's father likely to be on a trade mission in Chapter 2?
3. What region does Momo enter after passing around the mountain on her way to Calcutta?
4. What is the name of the merchant Momo encounters?
5. Momo discovers that the train will stop at what city on its way to Kalimpong?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who loses patience with Momo in Chapter 8? What does Momo do?
2. Describe Wing Fong's children. What do they think of Momo?
3. How are Chapters 3 and 4 structurally developed in the novel? What elements stand out?
4. Describe Momo's community and their religious beliefs. What does Momo understand of Buddha?
5. Whom does Momo run into while trying to escape in Chapter 3? What does she do?
6. What details do Wing Fong's children wrestle from him in Chapter 7?
7. Who comes to Momo's house after the monsoon?
8. Why are the villagers angry with Momo in Chapter 4?
9. What does the British gentleman give Momo in Chapter 6?
10. Where is Momo in the beginning of Chapter 7? Where does she go for help?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's use of symbolism, metaphor and simile in the narrative. How is Momo's entrapment in Chapter 4 symbolic? How does it relate to the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the characters of the tradesmen and Dawa in Chapter 1. How does Momo go about naming her dog?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of determination and will in Daughter of the Mountain. How does theme differ from subject in a literary work? How is the theme of determination embodied in the text?
This section contains 1,267 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)