|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Momo wake up in Chapter 3?
2. What is Momo's father's profession?
3. Chapter 2, Adventure! The Beginning of the Prophecy begins how long after the first chapter?
4. In Chapter 3, Momo travels to the village on _____ and learns that the mule train is headed for Kalimpong.
5. What is the first of the three vehicles of Buddhism?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Chapter 1, The Gift of a Red-Gold Lhasa Terrier begin? In what voice is the narrative?
2. What does Momo learn in Lingtu? Where does her journey extend after Lingtu?
3. What does Momo think of her new surroundings and people in Chapter 3?
4. Who comes to Momo's house after the monsoon?
5. Why are the villagers angry with Momo in Chapter 4?
6. Who arrives at Momo's house in Chapter 2? What happens when they leave?
7. Where does Momo initially depart on her journey in Chapter 2? What does she pass through?
8. Who is potentially in Kapup when Momo arrives? Why does she want to hide from this person?
9. Where is Momo traveling in Chapter 3? What does she hope to find there?
10. What boy assists Momo in Chapter 4? What news does he relate of Pempa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's use of symbolism, metaphor and simile in the narrative. How is Momo's entrapment in Chapter 4 symbolic? How does it relate to the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role of the traders in Chapter 4. What influence do they have on the protagonist's decision to move forward?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the location of the giant staircase and the border from Tibet into India. How big was Kalimpong during this time? How steep are the mountains that Momo descends?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)