|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to the foretelling or prediction of what is to come?
2. What term refers to a particular form or stage of civilization, as that of a certain nation or period?
3. Who is with Big Dorje when Momo finds him?
4. What is the second of the three vehicles of Buddhism?
5. What did one of the community members say Pempa had done while being stolen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Big Dorje and the traders take Momo in Chapter 4? What advice do they give her?
2. How does Momo go about naming Pempa? What fortune is foretold at his naming?
3. From where were Momo's theological beliefs inherited? How does Momo view God?
4. What boy assists Momo in Chapter 4? What news does he relate of Pempa?
5. Where does Chapter 1, The Gift of a Red-Gold Lhasa Terrier begin? In what voice is the narrative?
6. How does Momo get by along her journey? What suggestion is made by many whom Momo passes?
7. How is the village of Gnatong described in the narrative?
8. Where did Momo first see a Lhasa Terrier? Why did her family not buy her one?
9. Why do the traders tell Momo she won't succeed? How does Momo respond?
10. What do Chapters 3 and 4 reveal about Momo's character? What is her greatest obstacle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and compare the characters of Tulsi, Little Dorje, and Big Dorje in the narrative. How do Big Dorje and Little Dorje differ in their approach to Momo?
Essay Topic 2
Define and identify the literary elements of exposition and rising action in plot structure. How do the events in Chapter 2 propel the plot forward?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the location and history of Gnatong. What led many men to die there? How does the narrator describe the area in the text?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)