|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes fun of Momo in Lingtam?
2. Where does Momo wake up in Chapter 3?
3. Whom does Momo go with to meet the tradesmen of the mule caravan in Chapter 1?
4. What village does Momo come upon where many violent men lived, fought, and killed one another?
5. A boy in the village tells Momo that Pempa will be taken to ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Momo's community and their religious beliefs. What does Momo understand of Buddha?
2. Where is Momo traveling in Chapter 3? What does she hope to find there?
3. Who is potentially in Kapup when Momo arrives? Why does she want to hide from this person?
4. Where did Momo first see a Lhasa Terrier? Why did her family not buy her one?
5. What elements of Momo's character maintain her focus along the journey? How is this shown in Chapters 3 and 4?
6. What exposition is revealed in the beginning of Chapter 2? When does it take place?
7. What does Momo think of her new surroundings and people in Chapter 3?
8. What incident takes place as Momo passes through Lingtam? Why is Momo followed?
9. Who do the traders know? What do they decide to do with Momo?
10. From where were Momo's theological beliefs inherited? How does Momo view God?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of determination and will in Daughter of the Mountain. How does theme differ from subject in a literary work? How is the theme of determination embodied in the text?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the setting at the beginning of Daughter of the Mountains. What is the name of Momo's village? How big is it? What time does the story take place in?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the locations, cultures, and people of Sedonchin and Lingtam. What conflicts does Momo face in Lingtam? Why?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)