|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event brought the tradesmen to Momo's house in Chapter 2?
2. What do many of the women whom Momo encounters on her journey tell her to do?
3. The astrologer, whom Momo meets with, foretells that Pempa will bring her good fortune and __________.
4. What does Momo call the series of rocks and paths that lead down into India from the mountains?
5. Who tells Momo that Buddha will give her a dog if he so wishes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Momo run into while trying to escape in Chapter 3? What does she do?
2. What does Momo learn in Lingtu? Where does her journey extend after Lingtu?
3. Describe Momo's community and their religious beliefs. What does Momo understand of Buddha?
4. Whom does Momo harass about wanting a dog in Chapter 1, The Gift of a Red-Gold Lhasa Terrier? What prayers does she say?
5. Who do the traders know? What do they decide to do with Momo?
6. What boy assists Momo in Chapter 4? What news does he relate of Pempa?
7. Where does Momo wake up at the beginning of Chapter 3? What route does she begin descending?
8. What does Momo do at age eight to get the Buddha's attention to her prayers? What do the priests tell Momo?
9. From where were Momo's theological beliefs inherited? How does Momo view God?
10. What elements of Momo's character maintain her focus along the journey? How is this shown in Chapters 3 and 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role of the traders in Chapter 4. What influence do they have on the protagonist's decision to move forward?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Momo's theological faith and how it compares and contrasts the beliefs of Momo's mother and father. How do Momo's mother and father differ in their view of God?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the city of Kalimpong and Momo's impressions of it. How populated was the city during the time in which the novel is set? How does it differ from Momo's native Tibet?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)