|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of family does Momo pass after crossing the bridge?
2. What location does Momo pass where only the rough men of Bhutan would live permanently?
3. What will stop in Kalimpong in Chapter 3?
4. What mountain does Momo make her way around in Chapter 2?
5. Who captures Momo in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Momo wake up at the beginning of Chapter 3? What route does she begin descending?
2. Whom does Momo harass about wanting a dog in Chapter 1, The Gift of a Red-Gold Lhasa Terrier? What prayers does she say?
3. Who arrives at Momo's house in Chapter 2? What happens when they leave?
4. Who is potentially in Kapup when Momo arrives? Why does she want to hide from this person?
5. What does Momo learn in Lingtu? Where does her journey extend after Lingtu?
6. Who comes to Momo's house after the monsoon?
7. Whom does Momo run into while trying to escape in Chapter 3? What does she do?
8. From where were Momo's theological beliefs inherited? How does Momo view God?
9. Where does Momo discover the traders are headed with Pempa in Chapter 2? What does she decide to do?
10. What exposition is revealed in the beginning of Chapter 2? When does it take place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Momo's theological faith and how it compares and contrasts the beliefs of Momo's mother and father. How do Momo's mother and father differ in their view of God?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of determination and will in Daughter of the Mountain. How does theme differ from subject in a literary work? How is the theme of determination embodied in the text?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the locations, cultures, and people of Sedonchin and Lingtam. What conflicts does Momo face in Lingtam? Why?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)