|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kalimpong is part of what district?
2. What will stop in Kalimpong in Chapter 3?
3. Who captures Momo in Chapter 3?
4. The terrain Big Dorje takes Momo through grows increasingly ________.
5. What word refers to confidence or trust in a person or thing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Momo wake up at the beginning of Chapter 3? What route does she begin descending?
2. Describe Momo's community and their religious beliefs. What does Momo understand of Buddha?
3. What does Momo's mother tell the tradesmen in Chapter 1? What is their response?
4. Whom does Momo harass about wanting a dog in Chapter 1, The Gift of a Red-Gold Lhasa Terrier? What prayers does she say?
5. Where do Big Dorje and the traders take Momo in Chapter 4? What advice do they give her?
6. What exposition is revealed in the beginning of Chapter 2? When does it take place?
7. Why are the villagers angry with Momo in Chapter 4?
8. What does Momo learn in Lingtu? Where does her journey extend after Lingtu?
9. How does Momo go about naming Pempa? What fortune is foretold at his naming?
10. What advice does Little Dorje give Momo in Chapter 4? Where does she go next?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Momo's theological faith and how it compares and contrasts the beliefs of Momo's mother and father. How do Momo's mother and father differ in their view of God?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the city of Kalimpong and Momo's impressions of it. How populated was the city during the time in which the novel is set? How does it differ from Momo's native Tibet?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role of the traders in Chapter 4. What influence do they have on the protagonist's decision to move forward?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)