|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What objects in Buddhist temples, when spun, amplify the power of prayers?
2. What does Little Dorje tell Momo she should do in Chapter 4?
3. A boy in the village tells Momo that Pempa will be taken to ___________.
4. What will stop in Kalimpong in Chapter 3?
5. Kalimpong is part of what district?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Momo run into while trying to escape in Chapter 3? What does she do?
2. What incident takes place as Momo passes through Lingtam? Why is Momo followed?
3. How is the village of Gnatong described in the narrative?
4. Who is potentially in Kapup when Momo arrives? Why does she want to hide from this person?
5. Whom does Momo harass about wanting a dog in Chapter 1, The Gift of a Red-Gold Lhasa Terrier? What prayers does she say?
6. What exposition is revealed in the beginning of Chapter 2? When does it take place?
7. What boy assists Momo in Chapter 4? What news does he relate of Pempa?
8. Who do the traders know? What do they decide to do with Momo?
9. What advice does Little Dorje give Momo in Chapter 4? Where does she go next?
10. Who arrives at Momo's house in Chapter 2? What happens when they leave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the locations, cultures, and people of Sedonchin and Lingtam. What conflicts does Momo face in Lingtam? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What credibility did astrologers have in Momo's village and within her community? What role does astrology and superstition play in Tibetan Buddhist beliefs?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Momo's theological faith and how it compares and contrasts the beliefs of Momo's mother and father. How do Momo's mother and father differ in their view of God?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)