|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What location does Momo pass where only the rough men of Bhutan would live permanently?
2. What refers to the foretelling or prediction of what is to come?
3. Who makes fun of Momo in Lingtam?
4. What does Momo rely on as she climbs down the mountain to India?
5. Kalimpong is part of what district?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who loses patience with Momo in Chapter 8? What does Momo do?
2. What boy assists Momo in Chapter 4? What news does he relate of Pempa?
3. What does Momo think of her new surroundings and people in Chapter 3?
4. How does Lady Paton intend to punish the thief of Pempa?
5. How does Momo go about naming Pempa? What fortune is foretold at his naming?
6. What does the British gentleman give Momo in Chapter 6?
7. Describe Wing Fong's children. What do they think of Momo?
8. What does Momo do at age eight to get the Buddha's attention to her prayers? What do the priests tell Momo?
9. What happens to Momo after departing the train in Calcutta?
10. What does Momo find in the trading shop of Wing Fong? What does she learn of Pempa from him?
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the city of Kalimpong and Momo's impressions of it. How populated was the city during the time in which the novel is set? How does it differ from Momo's native Tibet?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the location, geography, and climate of the Great Trade Route, the mountain Jelep La, and the region of Sikkhim. What obstacles does Momo face along her path?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the location of the giant staircase and the border from Tibet into India. How big was Kalimpong during this time? How steep are the mountains that Momo descends?
This section contains 1,290 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)