|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom do the traders and the family they stay with know?
2. What is the name of Momo's village?
3. What powerful prayer does Momo pray for the Buddha to grant her a dog?
4. Momo's child theology sees both God and evil as _______.
5. What event happened before the mule caravan of tradesmen enter Momo's village?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who arrives at Momo's house in Chapter 2? What happens when they leave?
2. How is the village of Gnatong described in the narrative?
3. Who comes to Momo's house after the monsoon?
4. Where do Big Dorje and the traders take Momo in Chapter 4? What advice do they give her?
5. What advice does Little Dorje give Momo in Chapter 4? Where does she go next?
6. Where is Momo traveling in Chapter 3? What does she hope to find there?
7. What does Momo learn in Lingtu? Where does her journey extend after Lingtu?
8. Who is potentially in Kapup when Momo arrives? Why does she want to hide from this person?
9. What elements of Momo's character maintain her focus along the journey? How is this shown in Chapters 3 and 4?
10. Where does Momo discover the traders are headed with Pempa in Chapter 2? What does she decide to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the location of the giant staircase and the border from Tibet into India. How big was Kalimpong during this time? How steep are the mountains that Momo descends?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the characters of the tradesmen and Dawa in Chapter 1. How does Momo go about naming her dog?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the location, geography, and climate of the Great Trade Route, the mountain Jelep La, and the region of Sikkhim. What obstacles does Momo face along her path?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)