Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first of the three vehicles of Buddhism?
2. What is the vehicle ridden most often by Momo in the novel?
3. Since what age has Momo wanted the dog she desires?
4. What does Momo refer to as the "land of turquoise"?
5. What term refers to that which is of or belonging to language?
Short Essay Questions
1. What elements of Momo's character maintain her focus along the journey? How is this shown in Chapters 3 and 4?
2. What obstacles does Momo encounter in entering the palace in Chapter 8?
3. What exposition is revealed in the beginning of Chapter 2? When does it take place?
4. What does Momo learn about the British gentleman from Big Dorje?
5. Where does Momo wake up at the beginning of Chapter 3? What route does she begin descending?
6. Where does Momo initially depart on her journey in Chapter 2? What does she pass through?
7. What do Chapters 3 and 4 reveal about Momo's character? What is her greatest obstacle?
8. How is the balance of adventure and fortune in Momo's life portrayed in Chapter 6?
9. What does Momo think of her surroundings during her first stop in Chapter 6? What does she see there?
10. What does the British gentleman give Momo in Chapter 6?
Essay Topic 1
Define and identify the literary elements of exposition and rising action in plot structure. How do the events in Chapter 2 propel the plot forward?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the locations, cultures, and people of Sedonchin and Lingtam. What conflicts does Momo face in Lingtam? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the location, geography, and climate of the Great Trade Route, the mountain Jelep La, and the region of Sikkhim. What obstacles does Momo face along her path?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)