|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Momo travel after leaving the village on Lingtu in Chapter 3?
2. What do the traders decide to do with Momo in in Chapter 4?
3. What boy comes to Momo's aid in Chapter 4?
4. Where does the crowd drag Momo in Chapter 3?
5. How many men come to Momo's house to recuperate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Momo discover the traders are headed with Pempa in Chapter 2? What does she decide to do?
2. Who comes to Momo's house after the monsoon?
3. Where does Momo wake up at the beginning of Chapter 3? What route does she begin descending?
4. What does Momo think of her new surroundings and people in Chapter 3?
5. Why do the traders tell Momo she won't succeed? How does Momo respond?
6. Who do the traders know? What do they decide to do with Momo?
7. What does Momo do at age eight to get the Buddha's attention to her prayers? What do the priests tell Momo?
8. Whom does Momo harass about wanting a dog in Chapter 1, The Gift of a Red-Gold Lhasa Terrier? What prayers does she say?
9. How does Momo go about naming Pempa? What fortune is foretold at his naming?
10. How is the village of Gnatong described in the narrative?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the location, geography, and climate of the Great Trade Route, the mountain Jelep La, and the region of Sikkhim. What obstacles does Momo face along her path?
Essay Topic 2
Define and discuss the literary elements of objective and obstacle. What is the objective of Momo in the narrative? What obstacle does she face in attaining that objective in Chapter 4?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of Dolma in the narrative. How did Momo come to the house of Rhenok? Why is Dolma holding Momo captive?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)