|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the color of Lady Paton's car in Chapter 8?
2. What does Pempa do when he hears Momo in Chapter 8?
(a) Runs to her.
(b) Looks around.
(c) Cleans his ears.
(d) Closes his eyes.
3. What does Big Dorje tell Momo to keep an eye on when the train stops?
(a) His luggage.
(b) His coat.
(c) His glasses.
(d) His hat.
4. What does Momo do because she is so happy with Lady Paton's help?
(a) Sings for her.
(b) Prostrates before her.
(c) Offers her money.
(d) Dances for her.
5. What is the name of Lotus Blossom's younger sister?
(a) Blue Sky.
(b) White Jade.
(c) White Lily.
(d) Yellow Sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the Lady Paton ask Lat Sahib to give the orphan girl to for a job in Chapter 8?
2. What is the name of the butler of the palace?
3. What does Lotus Blossom devise for Momo to take to the Military Secretary's home?
4. The gentleman who helps Momo in Chapter 6 is __________ among the British.
5. What powerful river does Gopal show Momo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Momo in the beginning of Chapter 7? Where does she go for help?
2. Where does Momo go after escaping the house of Rhenok? What does she see there?
3. What does Momo think of her surroundings during her first stop in Chapter 6? What does she see there?
4. Who appears after Momo is captured in Chapter 8? Who is asked to translate for Momo?
5. What does Momo find in the trading shop of Wing Fong? What does she learn of Pempa from him?
6. How does Tsu Foo assist Momo? What is her story?
7. How does Lady Paton respond to Momo's story in Chapter 8?
8. What obstacles does Momo encounter in entering the palace in Chapter 8?
9. Whom does Momo relate her story to after spending the night in the palace? What does she claim guided her journey?
10. Whom does Momo encounter by the house with the traders in Chapter 5?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)