|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the Lady Paton ask Lat Sahib to give the orphan girl to for a job in Chapter 8?
(a) Wing Fong.
(c) Christy Memsahib.
(d) Big Dorje.
2. What almost hits Momo as she follows the traders in Chapter 5?
(a) A train.
(b) A bird.
(c) A bus.
(d) A motor car.
3. What does Momo hit the woman of the house with in Chapter 5?
(a) A broom.
(b) A cup.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A pan.
4. Lady Paton tells Momo that she will have Lat Sahib give Momo's father a job as a ______________
(a) Rickshaw driver.
(b) Caretaker for a bungalow.
(c) Police officer.
5. Who leaves the palace with Momo in Chapter 8?
(a) Gopal and Pempa.
(c) Little Dorje.
(d) Sita-Ram and Gopal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tsu Foo works as a _________.
2. What does Momo cry out in the beginning of Chapter 7, Lotus Blossom's Plan?
3. How many guards stop Momo as she tries to enter the palace in Chapter 8?
4. Where does Wing Fong say the seller of Pempa returned in Chapter 7, Lotus Blossom's Plan?
5. What does Big Dorje tell Momo to keep an eye on when the train stops?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Momo after departing the train in Calcutta?
2. What does Momo marvel at in Kapimpong? Who does she hope to find there?
3. Where does Momo go after escaping the house of Rhenok? What does she see there?
4. How does Lady Paton respond to Momo's story in Chapter 8?
5. What does the British gentleman give Momo in Chapter 6?
6. How does Momo get home at the end of the novel? What are her final thoughts?
7. What does Momo learn about the British gentleman from Big Dorje?
8. How is the balance of adventure and fortune in Momo's life portrayed in Chapter 6?
9. Who appears after Momo is captured in Chapter 8? Who is asked to translate for Momo?
10. What does Lady Paton say of Pempa after hearing Momo's story? What letter does she send?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)