|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lotus Blossom devise for Momo to take to the Military Secretary's home?
(a) A boat.
(b) A taxi.
(c) Wing Fong's rickshaw.
(d) A mule.
2. Whom does the Lady Paton ask Lat Sahib to give the orphan girl to for a job in Chapter 8?
(a) Big Dorje.
(b) Wing Fong.
(c) Christy Memsahib.
3. What does Momo pray for at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) To be freed.
(b) To be happy.
(c) To be enlightened.
(d) To be wealthy.
4. What does the gentleman who greets Momo tell her about her prayers?
(a) They are in vain.
(b) They will be heard.
(c) She doesn't pray enough.
(d) They've been answered.
5. What almost hits Momo as she follows the traders in Chapter 5?
(a) A motor car.
(b) A train.
(c) A bus.
(d) A bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a member of a Rajput people, Hindu in religion, who achieved dominion over Nepal in the 18th century?
2. Where is Momo forced to work in Chapter 5?
3. What does a boy rip off Momo after the train stops?
4. Whom does the gentleman in Chapter 6 order to watch over Momo along her journey?
5. Who is Momo's driver in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Momo finds Big Dorje in Chapter 5?
2. What does Momo marvel at in Kapimpong? Who does she hope to find there?
3. Where is Momo at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. What details do Wing Fong's children wrestle from him in Chapter 7?
5. How does Momo get home at the end of the novel? What are her final thoughts?
6. What does Momo learn about the British gentleman from Big Dorje?
7. What does the British gentleman give Momo in Chapter 6?
8. How is the balance of adventure and fortune in Momo's life portrayed in Chapter 6?
9. Where does Momo go after escaping the house of Rhenok? What does she see there?
10. What power does Lat Sahib hold in Tibet? How does Big Dorje feel about him?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)