|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The owner of the Chinese trading shop tells Momo that the man with her dog went home _________.
(a) Two weeks ago.
(b) Ten hours ago.
(c) Four hours ago.
2. Who does Momo hope will give her money to board the train in Chapter 5?
(a) Little Dorje.
(c) Big Dorje.
3. Who is the British man is in Chapter 6?
(b) Wing Fong.
(d) Lat Sahib.
4. What is the name of the butler of the palace?
5. What name refers to a member of a monotheistic religion, founded in the Punjab by the guru Nanak, that refuses to recognize the Hindu caste system or the Brahmanical priesthood?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Momo find at the Chinese trading shop?
2. What is the color of Lady Paton's car in Chapter 8?
3. How does Big Dorje leave in Chapter 5?
4. Which of the guards loses his patience with Momo in Chapter 8?
5. How many guards stop Momo as she tries to enter the palace in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who loses patience with Momo in Chapter 8? What does Momo do?
2. How does Lady Paton respond to Momo's story in Chapter 8?
3. What does Lady Paton say of Pempa after hearing Momo's story? What letter does she send?
4. How does Tsu Foo assist Momo? What is her story?
5. How does Lady Paton intend to punish the thief of Pempa?
6. How is the balance of adventure and fortune in Momo's life portrayed in Chapter 6?
7. What does Momo think of her surroundings during her first stop in Chapter 6? What does she see there?
8. What does Momo find in the trading shop of Wing Fong? What does she learn of Pempa from him?
9. Whom does Momo encounter by the house with the traders in Chapter 5?
10. Where is Momo traveling in Chapter 8? Who is with her?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)