|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the gentleman who greets Momo tell her about her prayers?
(a) They've been answered.
(b) They are in vain.
(c) They will be heard.
(d) She doesn't pray enough.
2. How many guards stop Momo as she tries to enter the palace in Chapter 8?
3. What almost hits Momo as she follows the traders in Chapter 5?
(a) A bird.
(b) A motor car.
(c) A bus.
(d) A train.
4. Whom does the Lady Paton ask Lat Sahib to give the orphan girl to for a job in Chapter 8?
(a) Big Dorje.
(c) Wing Fong.
(d) Christy Memsahib.
5. Who runs the Chinese trading shop?
(a) Wing Fong.
(b) Lat Sahib.
(d) Big Dorje.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Momo pray for at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. What does Momo promise Big Dorje in return for money?
3. The gentleman in Chapter 6 gives Momo enough money to stay where along her way?
4. When did Tsu Foo's parents die?
5. The gentleman who helps Momo in Chapter 6 is __________ among the British.
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Momo relate her story to after spending the night in the palace? What does she claim guided her journey?
2. What does Momo think of her surroundings during her first stop in Chapter 6? What does she see there?
3. How does Lady Paton respond to Momo's story in Chapter 8?
4. Who loses patience with Momo in Chapter 8? What does Momo do?
5. Where is Momo traveling in Chapter 8? Who is with her?
6. When does Wing Fong say the Lady had first requested a Lhasa Terrier? How much did she offer?
7. What power does Lat Sahib hold in Tibet? How does Big Dorje feel about him?
8. How is the balance of adventure and fortune in Momo's life portrayed in Chapter 6?
9. Whom does Momo meet at the beginning of Chapter 6? What does he ask Momo?
10. What happens when Momo finds Big Dorje in Chapter 5?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)