|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Momo sneak away to sleep after finding the traders?
(a) By the river.
(b) Outside the house.
(c) The barn.
(d) The forest.
2. The gentleman who helps Momo in Chapter 6 is supposedly the only __________ allowed in Tibet.
(b) British man.
(d) White person.
3. Who stole Pempa?
(a) Nema Doorg.
(c) Wing Fong.
(d) Lat Sahib.
4. How many guards stop Momo as she tries to enter the palace in Chapter 8?
5. The gentleman who helps Momo in Chapter 6 is __________ among the British.
(a) A prince.
(b) A merchant.
(c) A king.
(d) A court jester.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tsu Foo's uncle?
2. What had Momo never seen before Chapter 5, The Ten Traders and Tsu Foo?
3. Who leaves the palace with Momo in Chapter 8?
4. Who does Momo hope will give her money to board the train in Chapter 5?
5. The owner of the Chinese trading shop tells Momo that the man with her dog went home _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Momo think of her surroundings during her first stop in Chapter 6? What does she see there?
2. How does Momo get home at the end of the novel? What are her final thoughts?
3. Whom does Momo relate her story to after spending the night in the palace? What does she claim guided her journey?
4. Describe Wing Fong's children. What do they think of Momo?
5. When does Wing Fong say the Lady had first requested a Lhasa Terrier? How much did she offer?
6. Where is Momo traveling in Chapter 8? Who is with her?
7. What does Lady Paton say of Pempa after hearing Momo's story? What letter does she send?
8. What details do Wing Fong's children wrestle from him in Chapter 7?
9. What happens when Momo finds Big Dorje in Chapter 5?
10. What power does Lat Sahib hold in Tibet? How does Big Dorje feel about him?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)