|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom do the traders and the family they stay with know?
(a) Momo's father.
(b) Lotus Blossom.
(d) Tsu Foo.
2. What term refers to a particular form or stage of civilization, as that of a certain nation or period?
3. Who is the astrologer Momo asks about naming her dog?
4. Momo's desire for a Lhasa Terrier continued until what age?
5. In Chapter 4, why do the traders tell Momo she will never get to Calcutta?
(a) There is a typhoon coming.
(b) She doesn't have money for a train.
(c) It is too far away.
(d) It's getting dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Momo discovers that the train will stop at what city on its way to Kalimpong?
2. Since what age has Momo wanted the dog she desires?
3. What objects in Buddhist temples, when spun, amplify the power of prayers?
4. What minor goddess does Momo wail for in Chapter 2?
5. What is the second of the three vehicles of Buddhism?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the traders tell Momo she won't succeed? How does Momo respond?
2. What does Momo think of her surroundings during her first stop in Chapter 6? What does she see there?
3. How does Momo go about naming Pempa? What fortune is foretold at his naming?
4. Whom does Momo relate her story to after spending the night in the palace? What does she claim guided her journey?
5. What does Momo learn about the British gentleman from Big Dorje?
6. How are Chapters 3 and 4 structurally developed in the novel? What elements stand out?
7. What does Momo's mother tell the tradesmen in Chapter 1? What is their response?
8. What exposition is revealed in the beginning of Chapter 2? When does it take place?
9. Where is Momo traveling in Chapter 3? What does she hope to find there?
10. Where does Momo go after escaping the house of Rhenok? What does she see there?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)