|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Momo's child theology sees both God and evil as _______.
2. What do the tradesmen of the mule caravan think of children?
(a) They fear children.
(b) They hate children.
(c) They love children.
(d) They are suspicious of children.
3. What is the second of the three vehicles of Buddhism?
4. What is the name of Momo's village?
5. Whom does Momo understand as the one who taught love and kindness and helped the people to scare away the demons that plagued them?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who actually stole something in Chapter 4?
2. Where does the giant staircase end in Chapter 3?
3. What kind of Lhasa Terrier has Momo been set on having since her childhood?
4. What have Momo and her mother forgotten?
5. Who is the astrologer Momo asks about naming her dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Momo get by along her journey? What suggestion is made by many whom Momo passes?
2. Describe Momo's community and their religious beliefs. What does Momo understand of Buddha?
3. Who arrives at Momo's house in Chapter 2? What happens when they leave?
4. What incident takes place as Momo passes through Lingtam? Why is Momo followed?
5. Where do Big Dorje and the traders take Momo in Chapter 4? What advice do they give her?
6. How are Chapters 3 and 4 structurally developed in the novel? What elements stand out?
7. Where did Momo first see a Lhasa Terrier? Why did her family not buy her one?
8. Where does Momo discover the traders are headed with Pempa in Chapter 2? What does she decide to do?
9. From where were Momo's theological beliefs inherited? How does Momo view God?
10. Who comes to Momo's house after the monsoon?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)