|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes fun of Momo in Lingtam?
(a) Old men.
(d) Old women.
2. Where is Kalimpong located?
(d) West Bengal.
3. What event brought the tradesmen to Momo's house in Chapter 2?
(a) A monsoon.
(b) An avalanche.
(c) A terrible storm.
(d) An earthquake.
4. In Chapter 4, why do the traders tell Momo she will never get to Calcutta?
(a) She doesn't have money for a train.
(b) There is a typhoon coming.
(c) It is too far away.
(d) It's getting dark.
5. What does Momo have on her head when she wakes up in Chapter 3?
(a) A bump.
(b) A scar.
(c) A mole.
(d) A butterfly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what faith is Momo and her family?
2. What was the weather like when Momo traveled across the bridge in Chapter 4?
3. Chapter 2, Adventure! The Beginning of the Prophecy begins how long after the first chapter?
4. What does Momo refer to as the "land of turquoise"?
5. Momo finds the people to be __________as she enters into India.
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Momo run into while trying to escape in Chapter 3? What does she do?
2. What incident takes place as Momo passes through Lingtam? Why is Momo followed?
3. Where does Chapter 1, The Gift of a Red-Gold Lhasa Terrier begin? In what voice is the narrative?
4. What exposition is revealed in the beginning of Chapter 2? When does it take place?
5. What boy assists Momo in Chapter 4? What news does he relate of Pempa?
6. Where did Momo first see a Lhasa Terrier? Why did her family not buy her one?
7. What does Momo do at age eight to get the Buddha's attention to her prayers? What do the priests tell Momo?
8. What elements of Momo's character maintain her focus along the journey? How is this shown in Chapters 3 and 4?
9. Where does Momo initially depart on her journey in Chapter 2? What does she pass through?
10. How does Momo feel at nightfall in Chapter 2? What happens at the end of the chapter?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)