|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Kalimpong located?
(c) West Bengal.
2. According to the boy, where is the train heading with Pempa?
3. Where did Momo first see the kind of dog she wanted?
(a) Kargayu Temple.
(b) Komodo Temple.
(c) Kangaroo Temple.
(d) Kubota Temple.
4. What minor goddess does Momo wail for in Chapter 2?
5. From where does the train for Calcutta leave in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. The astrologer, whom Momo meets with, foretells that Pempa will bring her good fortune and __________.
2. Momo finds the people to be __________as she enters into India.
3. At what exact location in the city will the train stop on its way to Kalimpong?
4. The Lhasa-Terrier given to Momo by the tradesmen was bred from a dog owned by whom?
5. What objects in Buddhist temples, when spun, amplify the power of prayers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who comes to Momo's house after the monsoon?
2. Where does Chapter 1, The Gift of a Red-Gold Lhasa Terrier begin? In what voice is the narrative?
3. Who do the traders know? What do they decide to do with Momo?
4. How does Momo feel at nightfall in Chapter 2? What happens at the end of the chapter?
5. What does Momo think of her new surroundings and people in Chapter 3?
6. Why do the traders tell Momo she won't succeed? How does Momo respond?
7. How does Momo get by along her journey? What suggestion is made by many whom Momo passes?
8. Who arrives at Momo's house in Chapter 2? What happens when they leave?
9. What do Chapters 3 and 4 reveal about Momo's character? What is her greatest obstacle?
10. Where does Momo initially depart on her journey in Chapter 2? What does she pass through?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)