|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the vehicle ridden most often by Momo in the novel?
2. Who captures Momo in Chapter 3?
(a) A monk.
(b) A fisherman.
(c) A blacksmith.
(d) A merchant.
3. In Chapter 4, why do the traders tell Momo she will never get to Calcutta?
(a) It's getting dark.
(b) It is too far away.
(c) She doesn't have money for a train.
(d) There is a typhoon coming.
4. What is the first of the three vehicles of Buddhism?
(a) The Vehicle of Contentment.
(b) The Land Vehicle.
(c) The Foundational Vehicle.
(d) The Eternal Vehicle.
5. What is the small theocratic nation of which Momo is a citizen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Momo wake up next to in Chapter 3, The Giant Staircase and the Forest?
2. Where is Kalimpong located?
3. Momo's child theology sees both God and evil as _______.
4. What is Momo's father's name?
5. What festival does Momo attend with her family in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Momo think of her new surroundings and people in Chapter 3?
2. How are Chapters 3 and 4 structurally developed in the novel? What elements stand out?
3. What advice does Little Dorje give Momo in Chapter 4? Where does she go next?
4. Where does Momo discover the traders are headed with Pempa in Chapter 2? What does she decide to do?
5. What elements of Momo's character maintain her focus along the journey? How is this shown in Chapters 3 and 4?
6. How does Momo get by along her journey? What suggestion is made by many whom Momo passes?
7. What does Momo learn in Lingtu? Where does her journey extend after Lingtu?
8. Whom does Momo run into while trying to escape in Chapter 3? What does she do?
9. Who comes to Momo's house after the monsoon?
10. Where does Chapter 1, The Gift of a Red-Gold Lhasa Terrier begin? In what voice is the narrative?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)