|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Momo first see the kind of dog she wanted?
(a) Kargayu Temple.
(b) Kangaroo Temple.
(c) Kubota Temple.
(d) Komodo Temple.
2. Where is Momo's father likely to be on a trade mission in Chapter 2?
3. What word refers to confidence or trust in a person or thing?
4. What term is relating to or characteristic of a human group having racial, religious, linguistic, and certain other traits in common?
5. What is the second of the three vehicles of Buddhism?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the third of the three vehicles of Buddhism?
2. What does Momo rely on as she climbs down the mountain to India?
3. What is the small theocratic nation of which Momo is a citizen?
4. Where does the giant staircase end in Chapter 3?
5. What powerful prayer does Momo pray for the Buddha to grant her a dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the villagers angry with Momo in Chapter 4?
2. How does Momo feel at nightfall in Chapter 2? What happens at the end of the chapter?
3. How are Chapters 3 and 4 structurally developed in the novel? What elements stand out?
4. Whom does Momo run into while trying to escape in Chapter 3? What does she do?
5. Who is potentially in Kapup when Momo arrives? Why does she want to hide from this person?
6. What elements of Momo's character maintain her focus along the journey? How is this shown in Chapters 3 and 4?
7. Where is Momo traveling in Chapter 3? What does she hope to find there?
8. What do Chapters 3 and 4 reveal about Momo's character? What is her greatest obstacle?
9. How does Momo get by along her journey? What suggestion is made by many whom Momo passes?
10. From where were Momo's theological beliefs inherited? How does Momo view God?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)