|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mountain does Momo make her way around in Chapter 2?
(a) Deralm Jah.
(b) Pronda Sey.
(c) Baruga Panjip.
(d) Jelep La.
2. What minor goddess does Momo wail for in Chapter 2?
3. What objects in Buddhist temples, when spun, amplify the power of prayers?
(d) Prayer wheels.
4. What do the traders decide to do with Momo in in Chapter 4?
(a) Forcibly take her home.
(b) Make her their servant.
(c) Sell her as a slave.
(d) Let her go,
5. The terrain Big Dorje takes Momo through grows increasingly ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the astrologer Momo asks about naming her dog?
2. Where does Momo travel after leaving the village on Lingtu in Chapter 3?
3. What is the small theocratic nation of which Momo is a citizen?
4. Where does Momo run to look for Pempa in Chapter 2?
5. Whom do the traders and the family they stay with know?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Chapters 3 and 4 structurally developed in the novel? What elements stand out?
2. What advice does Little Dorje give Momo in Chapter 4? Where does she go next?
3. Where does Momo initially depart on her journey in Chapter 2? What does she pass through?
4. Where do Big Dorje and the traders take Momo in Chapter 4? What advice do they give her?
5. Where does Momo discover the traders are headed with Pempa in Chapter 2? What does she decide to do?
6. What does Momo learn in Lingtu? Where does her journey extend after Lingtu?
7. Where is Momo traveling in Chapter 3? What does she hope to find there?
8. From where were Momo's theological beliefs inherited? How does Momo view God?
9. Where does Chapter 1, The Gift of a Red-Gold Lhasa Terrier begin? In what voice is the narrative?
10. Whom does Momo harass about wanting a dog in Chapter 1, The Gift of a Red-Gold Lhasa Terrier? What prayers does she say?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)