|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Momo wake up in Chapter 3?
(a) An ox cart.
(b) Her bed.
(c) A field.
(d) A tree.
2. A community member tells Momo that one of the men from ___________ stole Pempa.
(a) The mule train.
(b) The temple.
(c) The market.
(d) The palace.
3. What do many of the women whom Momo encounters on her journey tell her to do?
(a) Give up her search.
(b) Think harder.
(c) Keep looking.
(d) Change her perspective.
4. Since what age has Momo wanted the dog she desires?
5. What event brought the tradesmen to Momo's house in Chapter 2?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A monsoon.
(c) A terrible storm.
(d) An avalanche.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the tradesmen of the mule caravan think of children?
2. The astrologer, whom Momo meets with, foretells that Pempa will bring her good fortune and __________.
3. The name Pempa refers to the full moon and __________.
4. In Chapter 4, the villagers are angry at Momo because they think she stole ____________.
5. What kind of family does Momo pass after crossing the bridge?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Momo feel at nightfall in Chapter 2? What happens at the end of the chapter?
2. Who comes to Momo's house after the monsoon?
3. What exposition is revealed in the beginning of Chapter 2? When does it take place?
4. Where do Big Dorje and the traders take Momo in Chapter 4? What advice do they give her?
5. What elements of Momo's character maintain her focus along the journey? How is this shown in Chapters 3 and 4?
6. Whom does Momo run into while trying to escape in Chapter 3? What does she do?
7. Where does Momo initially depart on her journey in Chapter 2? What does she pass through?
8. Where does Momo wake up at the beginning of Chapter 3? What route does she begin descending?
9. Where does Chapter 1, The Gift of a Red-Gold Lhasa Terrier begin? In what voice is the narrative?
10. How does Momo get by along her journey? What suggestion is made by many whom Momo passes?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)