|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since what age has Momo wanted the dog she desires?
2. What region does Momo enter after passing around the mountain on her way to Calcutta?
3. In Chapter 4, why do the traders tell Momo she will never get to Calcutta?
(a) There is a typhoon coming.
(b) She doesn't have money for a train.
(c) It's getting dark.
(d) It is too far away.
4. What objects in Buddhist temples, when spun, amplify the power of prayers?
(b) Prayer wheels.
5. Whom does Momo go with to meet the tradesmen of the mule caravan in Chapter 1?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word refers to confidence or trust in a person or thing?
2. What event happened before the mule caravan of tradesmen enter Momo's village?
3. The terrain Big Dorje takes Momo through grows increasingly ________.
4. What is the small theocratic nation of which Momo is a citizen?
5. How long did the festival last which Momo attended with her family in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Momo think of her new surroundings and people in Chapter 3?
2. How does Momo get by along her journey? What suggestion is made by many whom Momo passes?
3. How does Momo go about naming Pempa? What fortune is foretold at his naming?
4. How does Momo feel at nightfall in Chapter 2? What happens at the end of the chapter?
5. Describe Momo's community and their religious beliefs. What does Momo understand of Buddha?
6. Who arrives at Momo's house in Chapter 2? What happens when they leave?
7. What exposition is revealed in the beginning of Chapter 2? When does it take place?
8. What do Chapters 3 and 4 reveal about Momo's character? What is her greatest obstacle?
9. What does Momo's mother tell the tradesmen in Chapter 1? What is their response?
10. Why do the traders tell Momo she won't succeed? How does Momo respond?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)