|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the path Momo sets out on in Chapter 2?
(a) The Yellow Brick Road.
(b) The Great Trade Route.
(c) The Golden Road.
(d) Interstate Seventy-five.
2. What festival does Momo attend with her family in Chapter 1?
(a) Yellow Orchid Festival.
(b) Purple Daisy Festival.
(c) Brown Hat Festival.
(d) Red Hat Festival.
3. What will stop in Kalimpong in Chapter 3?
(a) The mule train.
(b) The rain.
(c) The Dhali Lahma.
(d) The journey.
4. What do the traders decide to do with Momo in in Chapter 4?
(a) Let her go,
(b) Forcibly take her home.
(c) Make her their servant.
(d) Sell her as a slave.
5. The women whom Momo encounters maintain that the mule train is ___________.
(a) Too far ahead.
(b) Completely off course.
(c) Keeping the right pace.
(d) Too far behind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Momo travel after leaving the village on Lingtu in Chapter 3?
2. What location does Momo pass where only the rough men of Bhutan would live permanently?
3. Who actually stole something in Chapter 4?
4. Where does the crowd drag Momo in Chapter 3?
5. Who makes fun of Momo in Lingtam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What exposition is revealed in the beginning of Chapter 2? When does it take place?
2. From where were Momo's theological beliefs inherited? How does Momo view God?
3. Whom does Momo harass about wanting a dog in Chapter 1, The Gift of a Red-Gold Lhasa Terrier? What prayers does she say?
4. Where does Momo initially depart on her journey in Chapter 2? What does she pass through?
5. What does Momo do at age eight to get the Buddha's attention to her prayers? What do the priests tell Momo?
6. Who is potentially in Kapup when Momo arrives? Why does she want to hide from this person?
7. Where does Chapter 1, The Gift of a Red-Gold Lhasa Terrier begin? In what voice is the narrative?
8. What incident takes place as Momo passes through Lingtam? Why is Momo followed?
9. What boy assists Momo in Chapter 4? What news does he relate of Pempa?
10. Where did Momo first see a Lhasa Terrier? Why did her family not buy her one?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)