|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kalimpong is part of what district?
2. What kind of Lhasa Terrier has Momo been set on having since her childhood?
3. Momo's child theology sees both God and evil as _______.
4. What does Momo wake up next to in Chapter 3, The Giant Staircase and the Forest?
(a) A swan.
(b) A buffalo.
(c) A turtle.
(d) A beaver.
5. What does Momo rely on as she climbs down the mountain to India?
(a) Stolen money.
(b) Her mother's money.
(c) Her inheritance.
(d) The hospitality of strangers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the merchant Momo encounters?
2. What is the third of the three vehicles of Buddhism?
3. What was the weather like when Momo traveled across the bridge in Chapter 4?
4. What mountain does Momo make her way around in Chapter 2?
5. What does Little Dorje tell Momo she should do in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Momo do at age eight to get the Buddha's attention to her prayers? What do the priests tell Momo?
2. What elements of Momo's character maintain her focus along the journey? How is this shown in Chapters 3 and 4?
3. Who is potentially in Kapup when Momo arrives? Why does she want to hide from this person?
4. What exposition is revealed in the beginning of Chapter 2? When does it take place?
5. Where did Momo first see a Lhasa Terrier? Why did her family not buy her one?
6. Who arrives at Momo's house in Chapter 2? What happens when they leave?
7. Who comes to Momo's house after the monsoon?
8. Whom does Momo run into while trying to escape in Chapter 3? What does she do?
9. Where does Momo discover the traders are headed with Pempa in Chapter 2? What does she decide to do?
10. What does Momo think of her new surroundings and people in Chapter 3?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)