|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What business does Momo's mother run from their home?
(a) A stable.
(b) A tea house.
(c) A convent.
(d) A fishing store.
2. What is the vehicle ridden most often by Momo in the novel?
3. Who actually stole something in Chapter 4?
4. Where is Momo's father likely to be on a trade mission in Chapter 2?
5. What is the first of the three vehicles of Buddhism?
(a) The Vehicle of Contentment.
(b) The Foundational Vehicle.
(c) The Eternal Vehicle.
(d) The Land Vehicle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Momo's village?
2. Why do the tradesmen on the mule caravan often stop in Momo's village?
3. What is Momo's father's profession?
4. What word refers to confidence or trust in a person or thing?
5. What term refers to that which is of or belonging to language?
Short Essay Questions
1. What boy assists Momo in Chapter 4? What news does he relate of Pempa?
2. How is the village of Gnatong described in the narrative?
3. Where does Momo initially depart on her journey in Chapter 2? What does she pass through?
4. Who do the traders know? What do they decide to do with Momo?
5. What does Momo's mother tell the tradesmen in Chapter 1? What is their response?
6. How does Momo go about naming Pempa? What fortune is foretold at his naming?
7. What does Momo think of her new surroundings and people in Chapter 3?
8. What elements of Momo's character maintain her focus along the journey? How is this shown in Chapters 3 and 4?
9. Where do Big Dorje and the traders take Momo in Chapter 4? What advice do they give her?
10. How does Momo get by along her journey? What suggestion is made by many whom Momo passes?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)