|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who captures Momo in Chapter 3?
(a) A merchant.
(b) A blacksmith.
(c) A monk.
(d) A fisherman.
2. What does Momo call the series of rocks and paths that lead down into India from the mountains?
(a) The Giant Staircase.
(b) The Boulder Jam.
(c) The Obstacle Course.
(d) The Grand Slalom.
3. How many men come to Momo's house to recuperate?
4. What is the name of the path Momo sets out on in Chapter 2?
(a) The Yellow Brick Road.
(b) The Great Trade Route.
(c) Interstate Seventy-five.
(d) The Golden Road.
5. Chapter 2, Adventure! The Beginning of the Prophecy begins how long after the first chapter?
(a) Thirty days.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do many of the women whom Momo encounters on her journey tell her to do?
2. Where does the giant staircase end in Chapter 3?
3. What refers to a divine character or nature, especially that of the Supreme Being?
4. Why do the tradesmen on the mule caravan often stop in Momo's village?
5. Who makes fun of Momo in Lingtam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Momo traveling in Chapter 3? What does she hope to find there?
2. Who do the traders know? What do they decide to do with Momo?
3. How are Chapters 3 and 4 structurally developed in the novel? What elements stand out?
4. What does Momo learn about the British gentleman from Big Dorje?
5. How does Tsu Foo assist Momo? What is her story?
6. Who arrives at Momo's house in Chapter 2? What happens when they leave?
7. Where did Momo first see a Lhasa Terrier? Why did her family not buy her one?
8. Where is Momo traveling in Chapter 8? Who is with her?
9. Where is Momo in the beginning of Chapter 7? Where does she go for help?
10. How is the balance of adventure and fortune in Momo's life portrayed in Chapter 6?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)