|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Little Dorje, who might take Momo to Kalimpong?
(a) Tsu Foo.
(b) Lady Paton.
(c) Wing Fong.
(d) Big Dorje.
2. From where does the train for Calcutta leave in Chapter 4?
3. A boy in the village tells Momo that Pempa will be taken to ___________.
4. What causes Momo to lose track of Pempa in Chapter 2?
5. Momo finds the people to be __________as she enters into India.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Momo give to the Buddha shrine as a way of demanding that the Buddha hear her?
2. What do the traders decide to do with Momo in in Chapter 4?
3. What refers to the foretelling or prediction of what is to come?
4. What healthy food did Pempa grow up on?
5. Chapter 2, Adventure! The Beginning of the Prophecy begins how long after the first chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Momo go about naming Pempa? What fortune is foretold at his naming?
2. What does Momo's mother tell the tradesmen in Chapter 1? What is their response?
3. What does Momo marvel at in Kapimpong? Who does she hope to find there?
4. What does Lady Paton say of Pempa after hearing Momo's story? What letter does she send?
5. Whom does Momo relate her story to after spending the night in the palace? What does she claim guided her journey?
6. Who do the traders know? What do they decide to do with Momo?
7. Where did Momo first see a Lhasa Terrier? Why did her family not buy her one?
8. What elements of Momo's character maintain her focus along the journey? How is this shown in Chapters 3 and 4?
9. Where is Momo at the beginning of Chapter 5?
10. What happens to Momo after departing the train in Calcutta?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)