|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, the villagers are angry at Momo because they think she stole ____________.
(a) A merchant's wages.
(b) A dog.
(c) Gold coins.
(d) A sacred script.
2. What mountain does Momo make her way around in Chapter 2?
(a) Jelep La.
(b) Deralm Jah.
(c) Pronda Sey.
(d) Baruga Panjip.
3. How many men come to Momo's house to recuperate?
4. The name Pempa refers to the full moon and __________.
(b) The equinox.
(d) New Years Day.
5. Momo's desire for a Lhasa Terrier continued until what age?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the major city which Momo passes through on her way to Calcutta?
2. A boy in the village tells Momo that Pempa will be taken to ___________.
3. The Lhasa-Terrier given to Momo by the tradesmen was bred from a dog owned by whom?
4. What village does Momo come upon where many violent men lived, fought, and killed one another?
5. Where is Momo's father likely to be on a trade mission in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who arrives at Momo's house in Chapter 2? What happens when they leave?
2. What boy assists Momo in Chapter 4? What news does he relate of Pempa?
3. Where does Momo initially depart on her journey in Chapter 2? What does she pass through?
4. Whom does Momo run into while trying to escape in Chapter 3? What does she do?
5. What does Momo think of her new surroundings and people in Chapter 3?
6. How does Momo go about naming Pempa? What fortune is foretold at his naming?
7. Where did Momo first see a Lhasa Terrier? Why did her family not buy her one?
8. How is the village of Gnatong described in the narrative?
9. Where does Momo wake up at the beginning of Chapter 3? What route does she begin descending?
10. Describe Momo's community and their religious beliefs. What does Momo understand of Buddha?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)