|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Momo's village?
2. What healthy food did Pempa grow up on?
(a) Buffalo milk.
(b) Yak milk.
(c) Antelope milk.
(d) Cow milk.
3. What business does Momo's mother run from their home?
(a) A tea house.
(b) A fishing store.
(c) A stable.
(d) A convent.
4. What keeps Momo from giving up in Chapter 3?
(a) Her generosity.
(b) Her obstinance.
(c) Her fear.
(d) Her verisimilitude.
5. Momo's child theology sees both God and evil as _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term refers to a particular form or stage of civilization, as that of a certain nation or period?
2. Where did Momo first see the kind of dog she wanted?
3. What is the second of the three vehicles of Buddhism?
4. Where does Momo run to look for Pempa in Chapter 2?
5. What did one of the community members say Pempa had done while being stolen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Momo run into while trying to escape in Chapter 3? What does she do?
2. How is the balance of adventure and fortune in Momo's life portrayed in Chapter 6?
3. What incident takes place as Momo passes through Lingtam? Why is Momo followed?
4. Where do Big Dorje and the traders take Momo in Chapter 4? What advice do they give her?
5. Who loses patience with Momo in Chapter 8? What does Momo do?
6. What does Momo's mother tell the tradesmen in Chapter 1? What is their response?
7. What does Momo marvel at in Kapimpong? Who does she hope to find there?
8. Who appears after Momo is captured in Chapter 8? Who is asked to translate for Momo?
9. What details do Wing Fong's children wrestle from him in Chapter 7?
10. How does Momo go about naming Pempa? What fortune is foretold at his naming?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)