|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of family does Momo pass after crossing the bridge?
2. What term refers to a particular form or stage of civilization, as that of a certain nation or period?
3. What village does Momo come upon where many violent men lived, fought, and killed one another?
4. Who tells Momo that Buddha will give her a dog if he so wishes?
(c) Wing Fong.
5. Where is Kalimpong located?
(b) West Bengal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Momo run to look for Pempa in Chapter 2?
2. Who captures Momo in Chapter 3?
3. What was the weather like when Momo traveled across the bridge in Chapter 4?
4. What did one of the community members say Pempa had done while being stolen?
5. What do many of the women whom Momo encounters on her journey tell her to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Momo harass about wanting a dog in Chapter 1, The Gift of a Red-Gold Lhasa Terrier? What prayers does she say?
2. What do Chapters 3 and 4 reveal about Momo's character? What is her greatest obstacle?
3. Whom does Momo run into while trying to escape in Chapter 3? What does she do?
4. What incident takes place as Momo passes through Lingtam? Why is Momo followed?
5. Where do Big Dorje and the traders take Momo in Chapter 4? What advice do they give her?
6. Describe Momo's community and their religious beliefs. What does Momo understand of Buddha?
7. What does Momo think of her new surroundings and people in Chapter 3?
8. From where were Momo's theological beliefs inherited? How does Momo view God?
9. What does Momo learn in Lingtu? Where does her journey extend after Lingtu?
10. Why do the traders tell Momo she won't succeed? How does Momo respond?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)