|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Little Dorje tell Momo she should do in Chapter 4?
(b) Go home.
(c) Head to the mountains.
(d) Count her blessings.
2. In Chapter 2, Momo realized that she would have to climb down the mountain into India and go to the hamlet named __________.
3. What boy comes to Momo's aid in Chapter 4?
(a) Lat Sahib.
(b) Wing Fong.
(d) Little Dorje.
4. Momo's child theology sees both God and evil as _______.
5. What objects in Buddhist temples, when spun, amplify the power of prayers?
(c) Prayer wheels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Momo's desire for a Lhasa Terrier continued until what age?
2. According to Little Dorje, who might take Momo to Kalimpong?
3. What business does Momo's mother run from their home?
4. Where does Momo first encounter dark-skinned Indians and women in saris?
5. Where do the traders take Momo for a night in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What exposition is revealed in the beginning of Chapter 2? When does it take place?
2. What does Momo learn in Lingtu? Where does her journey extend after Lingtu?
3. Where does Chapter 1, The Gift of a Red-Gold Lhasa Terrier begin? In what voice is the narrative?
4. Who do the traders know? What do they decide to do with Momo?
5. Whom does Momo run into while trying to escape in Chapter 3? What does she do?
6. How are Chapters 3 and 4 structurally developed in the novel? What elements stand out?
7. Who is potentially in Kapup when Momo arrives? Why does she want to hide from this person?
8. Where does Momo wake up at the beginning of Chapter 3? What route does she begin descending?
9. Whom does Momo harass about wanting a dog in Chapter 1, The Gift of a Red-Gold Lhasa Terrier? What prayers does she say?
10. What incident takes place as Momo passes through Lingtam? Why is Momo followed?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)