|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the astrologer Momo asks about naming her dog?
2. What is Momo's father's name?
(b) Big Dorje.
(d) Tsu Foo.
3. What region does Momo enter after passing around the mountain on her way to Calcutta?
4. Where is Kalimpong located?
(a) West Bengal.
5. What kind of Lhasa Terrier has Momo been set on having since her childhood?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the festival last which Momo attended with her family in Chapter 1?
2. Kalimpong is part of what district?
3. What did one of the community members say Pempa had done while being stolen?
4. Where does Momo wake up in Chapter 3?
5. What refers to a divine character or nature, especially that of the Supreme Being?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Momo wake up at the beginning of Chapter 3? What route does she begin descending?
2. How are Chapters 3 and 4 structurally developed in the novel? What elements stand out?
3. Where do Big Dorje and the traders take Momo in Chapter 4? What advice do they give her?
4. What elements of Momo's character maintain her focus along the journey? How is this shown in Chapters 3 and 4?
5. Why do the traders tell Momo she won't succeed? How does Momo respond?
6. What does Momo think of her new surroundings and people in Chapter 3?
7. Who do the traders know? What do they decide to do with Momo?
8. What exposition is revealed in the beginning of Chapter 2? When does it take place?
9. What advice does Little Dorje give Momo in Chapter 4? Where does she go next?
10. Whom does Momo harass about wanting a dog in Chapter 1, The Gift of a Red-Gold Lhasa Terrier? What prayers does she say?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)