|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The terrain Big Dorje takes Momo through grows increasingly ________.
2. Where does the giant staircase end in Chapter 3?
3. What festival does Momo attend with her family in Chapter 1?
(a) Brown Hat Festival.
(b) Purple Daisy Festival.
(c) Yellow Orchid Festival.
(d) Red Hat Festival.
4. Who is with Big Dorje when Momo finds him?
(a) Ten traders.
(b) Twelve traders.
(c) Two fisherman.
(d) Eight fisherman.
5. From where does the train for Calcutta leave in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What powerful prayer does Momo pray for the Buddha to grant her a dog?
2. What mountain does Momo make her way around in Chapter 2?
3. At what exact location in the city will the train stop on its way to Kalimpong?
4. According to the boy, who was going to buy Pempa?
5. What do the traders decide to do with Momo in in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the villagers angry with Momo in Chapter 4?
2. What incident takes place as Momo passes through Lingtam? Why is Momo followed?
3. How are Chapters 3 and 4 structurally developed in the novel? What elements stand out?
4. How is the village of Gnatong described in the narrative?
5. How does Momo feel at nightfall in Chapter 2? What happens at the end of the chapter?
6. What elements of Momo's character maintain her focus along the journey? How is this shown in Chapters 3 and 4?
7. Who arrives at Momo's house in Chapter 2? What happens when they leave?
8. Where is Momo traveling in Chapter 3? What does she hope to find there?
9. Who is potentially in Kapup when Momo arrives? Why does she want to hide from this person?
10. Who comes to Momo's house after the monsoon?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)