|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What healthy food did Pempa grow up on?
(a) Yak milk.
(b) Cow milk.
(c) Antelope milk.
(d) Buffalo milk.
2. Where does the crowd drag Momo in Chapter 3?
(a) To her house.
(b) Up a hill.
(c) To the cemetery.
(d) To the temple.
3. The name Pempa refers to the full moon and __________.
(b) The equinox.
(d) New Years Day.
4. What is Momo's father's name?
(a) Big Dorje.
(b) Tsu Foo.
5. What have Momo and her mother forgotten?
(b) A guide.
(c) The prophecy.
(d) The map.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second of the three vehicles of Buddhism?
2. What river does Kalimpong overlook?
3. Whom does Momo understand as the one who taught love and kindness and helped the people to scare away the demons that plagued them?
4. The Lhasa-Terrier given to Momo by the tradesmen was bred from a dog owned by whom?
5. The terrain Big Dorje takes Momo through grows increasingly ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who arrives at Momo's house in Chapter 2? What happens when they leave?
2. What does Momo's mother tell the tradesmen in Chapter 1? What is their response?
3. Who is potentially in Kapup when Momo arrives? Why does she want to hide from this person?
4. How does Momo go about naming Pempa? What fortune is foretold at his naming?
5. What does Momo learn in Lingtu? Where does her journey extend after Lingtu?
6. Who comes to Momo's house after the monsoon?
7. Where did Momo first see a Lhasa Terrier? Why did her family not buy her one?
8. What do Chapters 3 and 4 reveal about Momo's character? What is her greatest obstacle?
9. Who do the traders know? What do they decide to do with Momo?
10. What does Momo think of her new surroundings and people in Chapter 3?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)