Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first of the three vehicles of Buddhism?
(a) The Foundational Vehicle.
(b) The Vehicle of Contentment.
(c) The Eternal Vehicle.
(d) The Land Vehicle.
2. What is the vehicle ridden most often by Momo in the novel?
3. Since what age has Momo wanted the dog she desires?
4. What does Momo refer to as the "land of turquoise"?
(c) The Grand Temple.
(d) Jarud Island.
5. What term refers to that which is of or belonging to language?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the astrologer Momo asks about naming her dog?
2. What village does Momo come upon where many violent men lived, fought, and killed one another?
3. What is the major city which Momo passes through on her way to Calcutta?
4. According to the boy, where is the train heading with Pempa?
5. The astrologer, whom Momo meets with, foretells that Pempa will bring her good fortune and __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What elements of Momo's character maintain her focus along the journey? How is this shown in Chapters 3 and 4?
2. What obstacles does Momo encounter in entering the palace in Chapter 8?
3. What exposition is revealed in the beginning of Chapter 2? When does it take place?
4. What does Momo learn about the British gentleman from Big Dorje?
5. Where does Momo wake up at the beginning of Chapter 3? What route does she begin descending?
6. Where does Momo initially depart on her journey in Chapter 2? What does she pass through?
7. What do Chapters 3 and 4 reveal about Momo's character? What is her greatest obstacle?
8. How is the balance of adventure and fortune in Momo's life portrayed in Chapter 6?
9. What does Momo think of her surroundings during her first stop in Chapter 6? What does she see there?
10. What does the British gentleman give Momo in Chapter 6?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)