|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the giant staircase end in Chapter 3?
2. What is the third of the three vehicles of Buddhism?
3. What was the weather like when Momo traveled across the bridge in Chapter 4?
4. What does Momo refer to as the "land of turquoise"?
(a) Jarud Island.
(b) The Grand Temple.
5. What term is relating to or characteristic of a human group having racial, religious, linguistic, and certain other traits in common?
Short Answer Questions
1. What event happened before the mule caravan of tradesmen enter Momo's village?
2. In Chapter 4, the villagers are angry at Momo because they think she stole ____________.
3. Momo's desire for a Lhasa Terrier continued until what age?
4. In Chapter 3, Momo travels to the village on _____ and learns that the mule train is headed for Kalimpong.
5. Of what faith is Momo and her family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What boy assists Momo in Chapter 4? What news does he relate of Pempa?
2. Why are the villagers angry with Momo in Chapter 4?
3. How is the village of Gnatong described in the narrative?
4. Where does Momo wake up at the beginning of Chapter 3? What route does she begin descending?
5. Describe Momo's community and their religious beliefs. What does Momo understand of Buddha?
6. From where were Momo's theological beliefs inherited? How does Momo view God?
7. Who arrives at Momo's house in Chapter 2? What happens when they leave?
8. What does Momo do at age eight to get the Buddha's attention to her prayers? What do the priests tell Momo?
9. What does Momo learn in Lingtu? Where does her journey extend after Lingtu?
10. Why do the traders tell Momo she won't succeed? How does Momo respond?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)