|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Momo to lose track of Pempa in Chapter 2?
2. What is the name of the merchant Momo encounters?
(b) Lat Sahib.
(c) Big Dorje.
(d) Nema Doorg.
3. Who tells Momo that Buddha will give her a dog if he so wishes?
(b) Wing Fong.
4. What is the third of the three vehicles of Buddhism?
5. In Chapter 3, Momo travels to the village on _____ and learns that the mule train is headed for Kalimpong.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Lhasa-Terrier given to Momo by the tradesmen was bred from a dog owned by whom?
2. According to Little Dorje, who might take Momo to Kalimpong?
3. Who is the astrologer Momo asks about naming her dog?
4. From where does the train for Calcutta leave in Chapter 4?
5. Where does Momo travel after leaving the village on Lingtu in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Momo learn in Lingtu? Where does her journey extend after Lingtu?
2. What does Momo do at age eight to get the Buddha's attention to her prayers? What do the priests tell Momo?
3. What elements of Momo's character maintain her focus along the journey? How is this shown in Chapters 3 and 4?
4. Where is Momo traveling in Chapter 3? What does she hope to find there?
5. How is the village of Gnatong described in the narrative?
6. Who arrives at Momo's house in Chapter 2? What happens when they leave?
7. What does Momo's mother tell the tradesmen in Chapter 1? What is their response?
8. Why are the villagers angry with Momo in Chapter 4?
9. How are Chapters 3 and 4 structurally developed in the novel? What elements stand out?
10. Why do the traders tell Momo she won't succeed? How does Momo respond?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)