|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Tsu Foo's uncle?
(a) Big Dorje.
(b) Lop San.
(c) Lat Sahib.
(d) Wing Fong.
2. Whom does the Lady Paton insist on keeping Pempa for the time being in Chapter 8?
(c) Tsu Foo.
(d) Lat Sahib.
3. In Chapter 5 how is the woman of the house described?
4. The gentleman who helps Momo in Chapter 6 is __________ among the British.
(a) A prince.
(b) A court jester.
(c) A merchant.
(d) A king.
5. What is the name of Lotus Blossom's younger sister?
(a) White Jade.
(b) Blue Sky.
(c) Yellow Sun.
(d) White Lily.
6. Whom does the Lady Paton send a letter to in Chapter 8?
(d) Wing Fong.
7. Momo claims her path was guided by ____________in telling her story to Lady Paton.
(b) A sense of wonder.
8. Wing Fong reveals that Pempa was sold to whom?
(a) English lady.
(b) Indian man.
(c) Tibetan monk.
(d) Indian lady.
9. The spouse of the person who bought Pempa holds what position?
(c) Military Secretary of the Governor of Bengal.
(d) Military Secretary of the Governor of Tibet.
10. What had Momo never seen before Chapter 5, The Ten Traders and Tsu Foo?
(a) A train.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A motor car.
(d) A parrot.
11. Lady Paton and her husband refer to Lat Sahib as ____________.
12. Where is the gentleman from who greets Momo in Chapter 6?
(a) The United States.
(b) Great Britain.
13. How many guards stop Momo as she tries to enter the palace in Chapter 8?
14. What does Pempa do when he hears Momo in Chapter 8?
(a) Looks around.
(b) Cleans his ears.
(c) Runs to her.
(d) Closes his eyes.
15. How does Big Dorje leave in Chapter 5?
(a) By taxi.
(b) By train.
(c) By airplane.
(d) By mule.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Paton tells Momo that she will have Lat Sahib give Momo's father a job as a ______________
2. Whom does Lady Paton ask to translate for Momo?
3. The gentleman who helps Momo in Chapter 6 is ________to Tibet.
4. How is the gentleman described who greets Momo?
5. What name refers to a member of a monotheistic religion, founded in the Punjab by the guru Nanak, that refuses to recognize the Hindu caste system or the Brahmanical priesthood?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)