|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the Lady Paton insist on keeping Pempa for the time being in Chapter 8?
(b) Lat Sahib.
(d) Tsu Foo.
2. What almost hits Momo as she follows the traders in Chapter 5?
(a) A bird.
(b) A motor car.
(c) A train.
(d) A bus.
3. When did Tsu Foo's parents die?
(a) Seven years prior.
(b) Two years prior.
(c) The previous year.
(d) Four years prior.
4. What is the color of Lady Paton's car in Chapter 8?
5. What do the guards at the palace tell Momo to do?
(a) Go home.
(b) Get lost.
(c) Come in.
(d) Grow up.
6. Whom does the Lady Paton ask Lat Sahib to rescue in Chapter 8?
(b) Wing Fong.
(c) Tsu Foo.
7. What does the gentleman who greets Momo ask her?
(a) Why she is crying.
(b) Where her parents are.
(c) How old she is.
(d) How to get across the city.
8. How is the gentleman described who greets Momo?
9. Who guides Momo to a Chinese trading shop?
(a) Three women.
(b) One monk.
(c) Seven dogs.
(d) Two priests.
10. What does Momo hit the woman of the house with in Chapter 5?
(a) A cup.
(b) A broom.
(c) A pan.
(d) A shoe.
11. What does Momo do because she is so happy with Lady Paton's help?
(a) Prostrates before her.
(b) Sings for her.
(c) Offers her money.
(d) Dances for her.
12. Who does Momo find at the Chinese trading shop?
(a) The ten traders.
(b) Seven of the ten traders.
(c) Only one of the ten traders.
(d) Five of the ten traders.
13. What is the name of Lotus Blossom's younger sister?
(a) White Lily.
(b) White Jade.
(c) Blue Sky.
(d) Yellow Sun.
14. What does Momo pray for at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) To be enlightened.
(b) To be freed.
(c) To be happy.
(d) To be wealthy.
15. The spouse of the person who bought Pempa holds what position?
(a) Military Secretary of the Governor of Bengal.
(c) Military Secretary of the Governor of Tibet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tsu Foo works as a _________.
2. What does the gentleman who greets Momo tell her about her prayers?
3. What powerful river does Gopal show Momo?
4. Where does Momo find her way to after the crowd disperses in Chapter 7, Lotus Blossom's Plan?
5. What does Lady Paton instruct her men to make sure that the thief of Pempa must do?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)