|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What festival does Momo attend with her family in Chapter 1?
(a) Red Hat Festival.
(b) Brown Hat Festival.
(c) Purple Daisy Festival.
(d) Yellow Orchid Festival.
2. What does Momo give to the Buddha shrine as a way of demanding that the Buddha hear her?
(a) A special stone.
(b) A gold coin.
(c) A glass marble and bottle.
(d) An eagle chick.
3. What location does Momo pass where only the rough men of Bhutan would live permanently?
4. Momo's child theology sees both God and evil as _______.
5. What region does Momo enter after passing around the mountain on her way to Calcutta?
6. In Chapter 4, why do the traders tell Momo she will never get to Calcutta?
(a) It is too far away.
(b) There is a typhoon coming.
(c) She doesn't have money for a train.
(d) It's getting dark.
7. What did one of the community members say Pempa had done while being stolen?
8. What do the tradesmen of the mule caravan think of children?
(a) They fear children.
(b) They are suspicious of children.
(c) They love children.
(d) They hate children.
9. Where does the crowd drag Momo in Chapter 3?
(a) To the cemetery.
(b) To the temple.
(c) Up a hill.
(d) To her house.
10. In Chapter 4, the villagers are angry at Momo because they think she stole ____________.
(a) A sacred script.
(b) A dog.
(c) A merchant's wages.
(d) Gold coins.
11. What is the name of Momo's village?
12. How many men come to Momo's house to recuperate?
13. What keeps Momo from giving up in Chapter 3?
(a) Her obstinance.
(b) Her fear.
(c) Her verisimilitude.
(d) Her generosity.
14. Where does Momo first encounter dark-skinned Indians and women in saris?
15. Who makes fun of Momo in Lingtam?
(a) Old women.
(b) Old men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Momo go with to meet the tradesmen of the mule caravan in Chapter 1?
2. What do the traders decide to do with Momo in in Chapter 4?
3. What is the first of the three vehicles of Buddhism?
4. What was the weather like when Momo traveled across the bridge in Chapter 4?
5. Who is with Big Dorje when Momo finds him?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)