|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, the villagers are angry at Momo because they think she stole ____________.
(a) A dog.
(b) Gold coins.
(c) A sacred script.
(d) A merchant's wages.
2. What does Momo have on her head when she wakes up in Chapter 3?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A scar.
(c) A bump.
(d) A mole.
3. What kind of family does Momo pass after crossing the bridge?
4. What refers to the foretelling or prediction of what is to come?
5. What refers to a divine character or nature, especially that of the Supreme Being?
6. From where does the train for Calcutta leave in Chapter 4?
7. Whom do the traders and the family they stay with know?
(a) Tsu Foo.
(c) Momo's father.
(d) Lotus Blossom.
8. Where does Momo wake up in Chapter 3?
(a) An ox cart.
(b) A tree.
(c) Her bed.
(d) A field.
9. In Chapter 2, Momo realized that she would have to climb down the mountain into India and go to the hamlet named __________.
10. What does Momo call the series of rocks and paths that lead down into India from the mountains?
(a) The Obstacle Course.
(b) The Boulder Jam.
(c) The Grand Slalom.
(d) The Giant Staircase.
11. What have Momo and her mother forgotten?
(a) The prophecy.
(b) A guide.
(c) The map.
12. Why do the tradesmen on the mule caravan often stop in Momo's village?
(a) To trade.
(b) To rest.
(d) To eat.
13. According to the boy, who was going to buy Pempa?
(a) An Italian Man.
(b) An English woman.
(c) A Turkish Merchant.
(d) An Egyptian Queen.
14. In Chapter 3, Momo travels to the village on _____ and learns that the mule train is headed for Kalimpong.
15. What do the tradesmen of the mule caravan think of children?
(a) They hate children.
(b) They love children.
(c) They fear children.
(d) They are suspicious of children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What festival does Momo attend with her family in Chapter 1?
2. What does Momo wake up next to in Chapter 3, The Giant Staircase and the Forest?
3. Who actually stole something in Chapter 4?
4. What does Momo rely on as she climbs down the mountain to India?
5. Who is the astrologer Momo asks about naming her dog?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)