|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What powerful prayer does Momo pray for the Buddha to grant her a dog?
(a) "Da Yoga Fenau De."
(b) "Yo Mune Saren Zin.."
(c) "Om Mani Padme Hum."
(d) "Ja Osay Hagem Joy."
2. According to the boy, who was going to buy Pempa?
(a) An Italian Man.
(b) A Turkish Merchant.
(c) An English woman.
(d) An Egyptian Queen.
3. At what exact location in the city will the train stop on its way to Kalimpong?
(a) A bazaar.
(b) A castle.
(c) A fishing hole.
(d) A temple.
4. Where is Momo's father likely to be on a trade mission in Chapter 2?
5. Momo finds the people to be __________as she enters into India.
6. Who tells Momo that Buddha will give her a dog if he so wishes?
(c) Wing Fong.
7. How many men come to Momo's house to recuperate?
8. Who actually stole something in Chapter 4?
9. In Chapter 2, Momo realized that she would have to climb down the mountain into India and go to the hamlet named __________.
10. What does Momo rely on as she climbs down the mountain to India?
(a) Her inheritance.
(b) The hospitality of strangers.
(c) Stolen money.
(d) Her mother's money.
11. Where does the giant staircase end in Chapter 3?
12. What does Momo wake up next to in Chapter 3, The Giant Staircase and the Forest?
(a) A turtle.
(b) A buffalo.
(c) A swan.
(d) A beaver.
13. What word refers to confidence or trust in a person or thing?
14. Momo's child theology sees both God and evil as _______.
15. What minor goddess does Momo wail for in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Momo to lose track of Pempa in Chapter 2?
2. What does Momo call the series of rocks and paths that lead down into India from the mountains?
3. What is the name of the path Momo sets out on in Chapter 2?
4. Where does Momo first encounter dark-skinned Indians and women in saris?
5. Momo discovers that the train will stop at what city on its way to Kalimpong?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)