|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is with Big Dorje when Momo finds him?
(a) Twelve traders.
(b) Two fisherman.
(c) Eight fisherman.
(d) Ten traders.
2. What do the tradesmen of the mule caravan think of children?
(a) They hate children.
(b) They are suspicious of children.
(c) They fear children.
(d) They love children.
3. What have Momo and her mother forgotten?
(a) A guide.
(c) The map.
(d) The prophecy.
4. Who actually stole something in Chapter 4?
5. Where did Momo first see the kind of dog she wanted?
(a) Kubota Temple.
(b) Komodo Temple.
(c) Kargayu Temple.
(d) Kangaroo Temple.
6. What mountain does Momo make her way around in Chapter 2?
(a) Pronda Sey.
(b) Deralm Jah.
(c) Baruga Panjip.
(d) Jelep La.
7. What term is relating to or characteristic of a human group having racial, religious, linguistic, and certain other traits in common?
8. Where is Kalimpong located?
(d) West Bengal.
9. What refers to a divine character or nature, especially that of the Supreme Being?
10. In Chapter 3, Momo travels to the village on _____ and learns that the mule train is headed for Kalimpong.
11. What minor goddess does Momo wail for in Chapter 2?
12. What is the second of the three vehicles of Buddhism?
13. What objects in Buddhist temples, when spun, amplify the power of prayers?
(a) Prayer wheels.
14. From where does the train for Calcutta leave in Chapter 4?
15. Where does the crowd drag Momo in Chapter 3?
(a) To the temple.
(b) To her house.
(c) Up a hill.
(d) To the cemetery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do many of the women whom Momo encounters on her journey tell her to do?
2. Since what age has Momo wanted the dog she desires?
3. Who tells Momo that Buddha will give her a dog if he so wishes?
4. What is the small theocratic nation of which Momo is a citizen?
5. What is the third of the three vehicles of Buddhism?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)