|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the boy, how much was offered for Pempa?
(a) 95 rupees.
(b) 100 rupees.
(c) 50 rupees.
(d) 75 rupees.
2. What term refers to a particular form or stage of civilization, as that of a certain nation or period?
3. What business does Momo's mother run from their home?
(a) A convent.
(b) A fishing store.
(c) A stable.
(d) A tea house.
4. According to the boy, where is the train heading with Pempa?
5. Who makes fun of Momo in Lingtam?
(a) Old men.
(d) Old women.
6. How many men come to Momo's house to recuperate?
7. Where is Momo's father likely to be on a trade mission in Chapter 2?
8. What village does Momo come upon where many violent men lived, fought, and killed one another?
9. A community member tells Momo that one of the men from ___________ stole Pempa.
(a) The mule train.
(b) The temple.
(c) The palace.
(d) The market.
10. Where did Momo first see the kind of dog she wanted?
(a) Kangaroo Temple.
(b) Kubota Temple.
(c) Kargayu Temple.
(d) Komodo Temple.
11. From where does the train for Calcutta leave in Chapter 4?
12. What is the first of the three vehicles of Buddhism?
(a) The Vehicle of Contentment.
(b) The Foundational Vehicle.
(c) The Land Vehicle.
(d) The Eternal Vehicle.
13. At what exact location in the city will the train stop on its way to Kalimpong?
(a) A fishing hole.
(b) A temple.
(c) A bazaar.
(d) A castle.
14. What is Momo's father's profession?
(d) Mail carrier.
15. What does Momo have on her head when she wakes up in Chapter 3?
(a) A scar.
(b) A mole.
(c) A bump.
(d) A butterfly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who captures Momo in Chapter 3?
2. Where does Momo first encounter dark-skinned Indians and women in saris?
3. What is the name of Momo's village?
4. Where does the giant staircase end in Chapter 3?
5. What does Momo wake up next to in Chapter 3, The Giant Staircase and the Forest?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)