|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Momo's father likely to be on a trade mission in Chapter 2?
2. What does Momo wake up next to in Chapter 3, The Giant Staircase and the Forest?
(a) A buffalo.
(b) A turtle.
(c) A beaver.
(d) A swan.
3. Where is Kalimpong located?
(d) West Bengal.
4. According to the boy, where is the train heading with Pempa?
5. What does Momo refer to as the "land of turquoise"?
(a) Jarud Island.
(b) The Grand Temple.
6. The astrologer, whom Momo meets with, foretells that Pempa will bring her good fortune and __________.
7. What event brought the tradesmen to Momo's house in Chapter 2?
(a) A terrible storm.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) An avalanche.
(d) A monsoon.
8. Whom does Momo understand as the one who taught love and kindness and helped the people to scare away the demons that plagued them?
9. What is the name of Momo's village?
10. What will stop in Kalimpong in Chapter 3?
(a) The rain.
(b) The journey.
(c) The Dhali Lahma.
(d) The mule train.
11. What healthy food did Pempa grow up on?
(a) Cow milk.
(b) Yak milk.
(c) Buffalo milk.
(d) Antelope milk.
12. Who is the astrologer Momo asks about naming her dog?
13. Who makes fun of Momo in Lingtam?
(b) Old women.
(d) Old men.
14. What mountain does Momo make her way around in Chapter 2?
(a) Baruga Panjip.
(b) Pronda Sey.
(c) Jelep La.
(d) Deralm Jah.
15. Whom does Momo go with to meet the tradesmen of the mule caravan in Chapter 1?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What festival does Momo attend with her family in Chapter 1?
2. What did one of the community members say Pempa had done while being stolen?
3. What is Momo's father's name?
4. What does Momo rely on as she climbs down the mountain to India?
5. What powerful prayer does Momo pray for the Buddha to grant her a dog?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)