|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What village does Momo come upon where many violent men lived, fought, and killed one another?
2. A community member tells Momo that one of the men from ___________ stole Pempa.
(a) The palace.
(b) The mule train.
(c) The temple.
(d) The market.
3. According to the boy, how much was offered for Pempa?
(a) 95 rupees.
(b) 100 rupees.
(c) 50 rupees.
(d) 75 rupees.
4. What region does Momo enter after passing around the mountain on her way to Calcutta?
5. What is the name of the merchant Momo encounters?
(a) Lat Sahib.
(c) Big Dorje.
(d) Nema Doorg.
6. What does Little Dorje tell Momo she should do in Chapter 4?
(b) Head to the mountains.
(c) Count her blessings.
(d) Go home.
7. Where does Momo first encounter dark-skinned Indians and women in saris?
8. What refers to a divine character or nature, especially that of the Supreme Being?
9. What was the weather like when Momo traveled across the bridge in Chapter 4?
10. What does Momo have on her head when she wakes up in Chapter 3?
(a) A scar.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) A bump.
(d) A mole.
11. Where does Momo run to look for Pempa in Chapter 2?
(a) The temple.
(b) The river.
(c) The village.
(d) The mountains.
12. What is the small theocratic nation of which Momo is a citizen?
13. Where does the giant staircase end in Chapter 3?
14. What did one of the community members say Pempa had done while being stolen?
15. What refers to the foretelling or prediction of what is to come?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the tradesmen on the mule caravan often stop in Momo's village?
2. What festival does Momo attend with her family in Chapter 1?
3. What keeps Momo from giving up in Chapter 3?
4. Who actually stole something in Chapter 4?
5. What minor goddess does Momo wail for in Chapter 2?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)