|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The women whom Momo encounters maintain that the mule train is ___________.
(a) Too far ahead.
(b) Too far behind.
(c) Completely off course.
(d) Keeping the right pace.
2. Who is the astrologer Momo asks about naming her dog?
3. A boy in the village tells Momo that Pempa will be taken to ___________.
4. What word refers to confidence or trust in a person or thing?
5. What does Little Dorje tell Momo she should do in Chapter 4?
(a) Head to the mountains.
(b) Go home.
(d) Count her blessings.
6. What event brought the tradesmen to Momo's house in Chapter 2?
(a) A monsoon.
(b) A terrible storm.
(c) An avalanche.
(d) An earthquake.
7. Where does the giant staircase end in Chapter 3?
8. What keeps Momo from giving up in Chapter 3?
(a) Her fear.
(b) Her generosity.
(c) Her verisimilitude.
(d) Her obstinance.
9. What is the name of the merchant Momo encounters?
(a) Nema Doorg.
(c) Lat Sahib.
(d) Big Dorje.
10. Who actually stole something in Chapter 4?
11. What do the traders decide to do with Momo in in Chapter 4?
(a) Forcibly take her home.
(b) Sell her as a slave.
(c) Let her go,
(d) Make her their servant.
12. What is the name of Momo's village?
13. Where is Kalimpong located?
(c) West Bengal.
14. Who captures Momo in Chapter 3?
(a) A monk.
(b) A merchant.
(c) A blacksmith.
(d) A fisherman.
15. Where does Momo first encounter dark-skinned Indians and women in saris?
Short Answer Questions
1. The name Pempa refers to the full moon and __________.
2. Where is Momo's father likely to be on a trade mission in Chapter 2?
3. What refers to the foretelling or prediction of what is to come?
4. In Chapter 4, the villagers are angry at Momo because they think she stole ____________.
5. Where does Momo wake up in Chapter 3?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)