|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Momo rely on as she climbs down the mountain to India?
(a) Her inheritance.
(b) The hospitality of strangers.
(c) Her mother's money.
(d) Stolen money.
2. Who is the astrologer Momo asks about naming her dog?
3. Whom do the traders and the family they stay with know?
(a) Lotus Blossom.
(b) Tsu Foo.
(c) Momo's father.
4. What boy comes to Momo's aid in Chapter 4?
(a) Lat Sahib.
(b) Little Dorje.
(c) Wing Fong.
5. What river does Kalimpong overlook?
(a) River Ganges.
(b) River Teesta.
(c) River Subanshiri.
(d) River Churni.
6. According to Little Dorje, who might take Momo to Kalimpong?
(a) Tsu Foo.
(b) Lady Paton.
(c) Big Dorje.
(d) Wing Fong.
7. What keeps Momo from giving up in Chapter 3?
(a) Her generosity.
(b) Her obstinance.
(c) Her verisimilitude.
(d) Her fear.
8. What is the name of the path Momo sets out on in Chapter 2?
(a) Interstate Seventy-five.
(b) The Golden Road.
(c) The Great Trade Route.
(d) The Yellow Brick Road.
9. From where does the train for Calcutta leave in Chapter 4?
10. What do the tradesmen of the mule caravan think of children?
(a) They love children.
(b) They are suspicious of children.
(c) They fear children.
(d) They hate children.
11. What is the third of the three vehicles of Buddhism?
12. What kind of family does Momo pass after crossing the bridge?
13. A boy in the village tells Momo that Pempa will be taken to ___________.
14. What do the traders decide to do with Momo in in Chapter 4?
(a) Forcibly take her home.
(b) Sell her as a slave.
(c) Let her go,
(d) Make her their servant.
15. Whom does Momo understand as the one who taught love and kindness and helped the people to scare away the demons that plagued them?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, the villagers are angry at Momo because they think she stole ____________.
2. Where does Momo travel after leaving the village on Lingtu in Chapter 3?
3. At what exact location in the city will the train stop on its way to Kalimpong?
4. What term refers to a particular form or stage of civilization, as that of a certain nation or period?
5. What does Momo call the series of rocks and paths that lead down into India from the mountains?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)