|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Little Dorje, who might take Momo to Kalimpong?
(a) Big Dorje.
(b) Wing Fong.
(c) Lady Paton.
(d) Tsu Foo.
2. The name Pempa refers to the full moon and __________.
(b) New Years Day.
(d) The equinox.
3. What does Momo have on her head when she wakes up in Chapter 3?
(a) A scar.
(b) A bump.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) A mole.
4. Where is Kalimpong located?
(c) West Bengal.
5. What minor goddess does Momo wail for in Chapter 2?
6. A community member tells Momo that one of the men from ___________ stole Pempa.
(a) The temple.
(b) The mule train.
(c) The palace.
(d) The market.
7. What is the name of the path Momo sets out on in Chapter 2?
(a) The Golden Road.
(b) Interstate Seventy-five.
(c) The Great Trade Route.
(d) The Yellow Brick Road.
8. In Chapter 4, why do the traders tell Momo she will never get to Calcutta?
(a) She doesn't have money for a train.
(b) There is a typhoon coming.
(c) It's getting dark.
(d) It is too far away.
9. What does Momo refer to as the "land of turquoise"?
(a) The Grand Temple.
(d) Jarud Island.
10. What does Momo rely on as she climbs down the mountain to India?
(a) Stolen money.
(b) The hospitality of strangers.
(c) Her inheritance.
(d) Her mother's money.
11. The astrologer, whom Momo meets with, foretells that Pempa will bring her good fortune and __________.
12. What is the vehicle ridden most often by Momo in the novel?
13. The Lhasa-Terrier given to Momo by the tradesmen was bred from a dog owned by whom?
(a) The Special Lama.
(b) The Grand Lama.
(c) The Dalai Lama.
(d) The Jolly Lama.
14. What does Little Dorje tell Momo she should do in Chapter 4?
(a) Go home.
(b) Count her blessings.
(c) Head to the mountains.
15. According to the boy, how much was offered for Pempa?
(a) 50 rupees.
(b) 95 rupees.
(c) 75 rupees.
(d) 100 rupees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Momo's child theology sees both God and evil as _______.
2. What do many of the women whom Momo encounters on her journey tell her to do?
3. How many men come to Momo's house to recuperate?
4. What kind of family does Momo pass after crossing the bridge?
5. What village does Momo come upon where many violent men lived, fought, and killed one another?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)