|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, the villagers are angry at Momo because they think she stole ____________.
(a) A sacred script.
(b) A dog.
(c) Gold coins.
(d) A merchant's wages.
2. Who is with Big Dorje when Momo finds him?
(a) Eight fisherman.
(b) Two fisherman.
(c) Ten traders.
(d) Twelve traders.
3. What festival does Momo attend with her family in Chapter 1?
(a) Purple Daisy Festival.
(b) Brown Hat Festival.
(c) Yellow Orchid Festival.
(d) Red Hat Festival.
4. Where does Momo first encounter dark-skinned Indians and women in saris?
5. Who captures Momo in Chapter 3?
(a) A monk.
(b) A merchant.
(c) A blacksmith.
(d) A fisherman.
6. What kind of family does Momo pass after crossing the bridge?
7. What kind of Lhasa Terrier has Momo been set on having since her childhood?
8. What do the traders decide to do with Momo in in Chapter 4?
(a) Forcibly take her home.
(b) Sell her as a slave.
(c) Let her go,
(d) Make her their servant.
9. What mountain does Momo make her way around in Chapter 2?
(a) Deralm Jah.
(b) Pronda Sey.
(c) Jelep La.
(d) Baruga Panjip.
10. A community member tells Momo that one of the men from ___________ stole Pempa.
(a) The market.
(b) The temple.
(c) The palace.
(d) The mule train.
11. What does Little Dorje tell Momo she should do in Chapter 4?
(a) Count her blessings.
(b) Go home.
(d) Head to the mountains.
12. What does Momo give to the Buddha shrine as a way of demanding that the Buddha hear her?
(a) An eagle chick.
(b) A special stone.
(c) A gold coin.
(d) A glass marble and bottle.
13. What is the first of the three vehicles of Buddhism?
(a) The Eternal Vehicle.
(b) The Foundational Vehicle.
(c) The Vehicle of Contentment.
(d) The Land Vehicle.
14. Kalimpong is part of what district?
15. What term refers to a particular form or stage of civilization, as that of a certain nation or period?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the vehicle ridden most often by Momo in the novel?
2. What is the name of the path Momo sets out on in Chapter 2?
3. What is Momo's father's profession?
4. What does Momo wake up next to in Chapter 3, The Giant Staircase and the Forest?
5. Where is Kalimpong located?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)