|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who actually stole something in Chapter 4?
2. What healthy food did Pempa grow up on?
(a) Cow milk.
(b) Yak milk.
(c) Antelope milk.
(d) Buffalo milk.
3. What mountain does Momo make her way around in Chapter 2?
(a) Jelep La.
(b) Baruga Panjip.
(c) Deralm Jah.
(d) Pronda Sey.
4. Where does Momo run to look for Pempa in Chapter 2?
(a) The river.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The temple.
(d) The village.
5. What does Momo have on her head when she wakes up in Chapter 3?
(a) A bump.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) A mole.
(d) A scar.
6. What do the tradesmen of the mule caravan think of children?
(a) They fear children.
(b) They hate children.
(c) They love children.
(d) They are suspicious of children.
7. What region does Momo enter after passing around the mountain on her way to Calcutta?
8. What business does Momo's mother run from their home?
(a) A tea house.
(b) A convent.
(c) A stable.
(d) A fishing store.
9. Where does the giant staircase end in Chapter 3?
10. What is the name of the path Momo sets out on in Chapter 2?
(a) The Golden Road.
(b) The Yellow Brick Road.
(c) Interstate Seventy-five.
(d) The Great Trade Route.
11. The astrologer, whom Momo meets with, foretells that Pempa will bring her good fortune and __________.
12. In Chapter 2, Momo realized that she would have to climb down the mountain into India and go to the hamlet named __________.
13. Whom does Momo go with to meet the tradesmen of the mule caravan in Chapter 1?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her aunt.
14. Who tells Momo that Buddha will give her a dog if he so wishes?
(a) Wing Fong.
15. In Chapter 4, why do the traders tell Momo she will never get to Calcutta?
(a) It's getting dark.
(b) She doesn't have money for a train.
(c) It is too far away.
(d) There is a typhoon coming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Momo first see the kind of dog she wanted?
2. Momo discovers that the train will stop at what city on its way to Kalimpong?
3. What objects in Buddhist temples, when spun, amplify the power of prayers?
4. The terrain Big Dorje takes Momo through grows increasingly ________.
5. Since what age has Momo wanted the dog she desires?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)