|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What healthy food did Pempa grow up on?
(a) Antelope milk.
(b) Buffalo milk.
(c) Cow milk.
(d) Yak milk.
2. According to the boy, where is the train heading with Pempa?
3. What is the second of the three vehicles of Buddhism?
4. Momo's child theology sees both God and evil as _______.
5. Of what faith is Momo and her family?
(d) Tibetan Buddhist.
6. How many men come to Momo's house to recuperate?
7. Whom does Momo go with to meet the tradesmen of the mule caravan in Chapter 1?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her mother.
8. Where does Momo run to look for Pempa in Chapter 2?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The village.
(c) The river.
(d) The temple.
9. What event brought the tradesmen to Momo's house in Chapter 2?
(a) A monsoon.
(b) An avalanche.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A terrible storm.
10. What is the vehicle ridden most often by Momo in the novel?
11. In Chapter 4, the villagers are angry at Momo because they think she stole ____________.
(a) A dog.
(b) A merchant's wages.
(c) Gold coins.
(d) A sacred script.
12. In Chapter 4, why do the traders tell Momo she will never get to Calcutta?
(a) There is a typhoon coming.
(b) It's getting dark.
(c) She doesn't have money for a train.
(d) It is too far away.
13. Who makes fun of Momo in Lingtam?
(a) Old men.
(d) Old women.
14. What is the name of Momo's village?
15. The terrain Big Dorje takes Momo through grows increasingly ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the boy, how much was offered for Pempa?
2. What is the name of the merchant Momo encounters?
3. What will stop in Kalimpong in Chapter 3?
4. In Chapter 2, Momo realized that she would have to climb down the mountain into India and go to the hamlet named __________.
5. What business does Momo's mother run from their home?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)