|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Momo rely on as she climbs down the mountain to India?
(a) Stolen money.
(b) Her inheritance.
(c) The hospitality of strangers.
(d) Her mother's money.
2. The astrologer, whom Momo meets with, foretells that Pempa will bring her good fortune and __________.
3. In Chapter 4, why do the traders tell Momo she will never get to Calcutta?
(a) It is too far away.
(b) There is a typhoon coming.
(c) She doesn't have money for a train.
(d) It's getting dark.
4. Who is the astrologer Momo asks about naming her dog?
5. What kind of Lhasa Terrier has Momo been set on having since her childhood?
6. What is the name of the path Momo sets out on in Chapter 2?
(a) The Golden Road.
(b) Interstate Seventy-five.
(c) The Great Trade Route.
(d) The Yellow Brick Road.
7. What powerful prayer does Momo pray for the Buddha to grant her a dog?
(a) "Om Mani Padme Hum."
(b) "Ja Osay Hagem Joy."
(c) "Yo Mune Saren Zin.."
(d) "Da Yoga Fenau De."
8. Whom does Momo go with to meet the tradesmen of the mule caravan in Chapter 1?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her brother.
9. What term is relating to or characteristic of a human group having racial, religious, linguistic, and certain other traits in common?
10. What refers to a divine character or nature, especially that of the Supreme Being?
11. What mountain does Momo make her way around in Chapter 2?
(a) Deralm Jah.
(b) Jelep La.
(c) Pronda Sey.
(d) Baruga Panjip.
12. What is the major city which Momo passes through on her way to Calcutta?
13. What is Momo's father's profession?
(a) Mail carrier.
14. What does Momo call the series of rocks and paths that lead down into India from the mountains?
(a) The Obstacle Course.
(b) The Giant Staircase.
(c) The Grand Slalom.
(d) The Boulder Jam.
15. What keeps Momo from giving up in Chapter 3?
(a) Her fear.
(b) Her obstinance.
(c) Her generosity.
(d) Her verisimilitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Momo travel after leaving the village on Lingtu in Chapter 3?
2. Where does Momo run to look for Pempa in Chapter 2?
3. At what exact location in the city will the train stop on its way to Kalimpong?
4. Where does the giant staircase end in Chapter 3?
5. The name Pempa refers to the full moon and __________.
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)