|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Momo first see the kind of dog she wanted?
(a) Komodo Temple.
(b) Kubota Temple.
(c) Kargayu Temple.
(d) Kangaroo Temple.
2. What kind of Lhasa Terrier has Momo been set on having since her childhood?
3. A community member tells Momo that one of the men from ___________ stole Pempa.
(a) The market.
(b) The mule train.
(c) The temple.
(d) The palace.
4. What event brought the tradesmen to Momo's house in Chapter 2?
(a) A monsoon.
(b) An avalanche.
(c) A terrible storm.
(d) An earthquake.
5. Where is Kalimpong located?
(b) West Bengal.
6. In Chapter 4, why do the traders tell Momo she will never get to Calcutta?
(a) There is a typhoon coming.
(b) It's getting dark.
(c) It is too far away.
(d) She doesn't have money for a train.
7. Momo's desire for a Lhasa Terrier continued until what age?
8. What is the small theocratic nation of which Momo is a citizen?
9. Who actually stole something in Chapter 4?
10. The Lhasa-Terrier given to Momo by the tradesmen was bred from a dog owned by whom?
(a) The Special Lama.
(b) The Dalai Lama.
(c) The Grand Lama.
(d) The Jolly Lama.
11. What term refers to a particular form or stage of civilization, as that of a certain nation or period?
12. What village does Momo come upon where many violent men lived, fought, and killed one another?
13. What does Momo give to the Buddha shrine as a way of demanding that the Buddha hear her?
(a) An eagle chick.
(b) A gold coin.
(c) A special stone.
(d) A glass marble and bottle.
14. What does Momo wake up next to in Chapter 3, The Giant Staircase and the Forest?
(a) A beaver.
(b) A turtle.
(c) A buffalo.
(d) A swan.
15. What is the name of the path Momo sets out on in Chapter 2?
(a) The Golden Road.
(b) Interstate Seventy-five.
(c) The Great Trade Route.
(d) The Yellow Brick Road.
Short Answer Questions
1. A boy in the village tells Momo that Pempa will be taken to ___________.
2. What business does Momo's mother run from their home?
3. What term is relating to or characteristic of a human group having racial, religious, linguistic, and certain other traits in common?
4. Where does the giant staircase end in Chapter 3?
5. What healthy food did Pempa grow up on?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)