|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Momo first encounter dark-skinned Indians and women in saris?
2. Who makes fun of Momo in Lingtam?
(a) Old men.
(c) Old women.
3. According to the boy, where is the train heading with Pempa?
4. What kind of Lhasa Terrier has Momo been set on having since her childhood?
5. How many men come to Momo's house to recuperate?
6. What event brought the tradesmen to Momo's house in Chapter 2?
(a) A terrible storm.
(b) An avalanche.
(c) A monsoon.
(d) An earthquake.
7. Momo finds the people to be __________as she enters into India.
8. What does Momo refer to as the "land of turquoise"?
(b) Jarud Island.
(d) The Grand Temple.
9. What minor goddess does Momo wail for in Chapter 2?
10. What kind of family does Momo pass after crossing the bridge?
11. Momo's child theology sees both God and evil as _______.
12. What river does Kalimpong overlook?
(a) River Ganges.
(b) River Teesta.
(c) River Churni.
(d) River Subanshiri.
13. What word refers to confidence or trust in a person or thing?
14. Where does the crowd drag Momo in Chapter 3?
(a) To the cemetery.
(b) To the temple.
(c) Up a hill.
(d) To her house.
15. According to the boy, how much was offered for Pempa?
(a) 75 rupees.
(b) 50 rupees.
(c) 95 rupees.
(d) 100 rupees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What festival does Momo attend with her family in Chapter 1?
2. Who tells Momo that Buddha will give her a dog if he so wishes?
3. How long did the festival last which Momo attended with her family in Chapter 1?
4. Where does Momo travel after leaving the village on Lingtu in Chapter 3?
5. What event happened before the mule caravan of tradesmen enter Momo's village?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)