|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kalimpong is part of what district?
2. In Chapter 3, Momo travels to the village on _____ and learns that the mule train is headed for Kalimpong.
3. Of what faith is Momo and her family?
(c) Tibetan Buddhist.
4. What is the name of Momo's village?
5. Where does the crowd drag Momo in Chapter 3?
(a) To her house.
(b) To the cemetery.
(c) To the temple.
(d) Up a hill.
6. How many men come to Momo's house to recuperate?
7. How long did the festival last which Momo attended with her family in Chapter 1?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Fifteen hours.
8. Momo's child theology sees both God and evil as _______.
9. What refers to the foretelling or prediction of what is to come?
10. Momo discovers that the train will stop at what city on its way to Kalimpong?
11. In Chapter 4, why do the traders tell Momo she will never get to Calcutta?
(a) It's getting dark.
(b) She doesn't have money for a train.
(c) There is a typhoon coming.
(d) It is too far away.
12. In Chapter 2, Momo realized that she would have to climb down the mountain into India and go to the hamlet named __________.
13. What will stop in Kalimpong in Chapter 3?
(a) The journey.
(b) The rain.
(c) The Dhali Lahma.
(d) The mule train.
14. What powerful prayer does Momo pray for the Buddha to grant her a dog?
(a) "Om Mani Padme Hum."
(b) "Da Yoga Fenau De."
(c) "Yo Mune Saren Zin.."
(d) "Ja Osay Hagem Joy."
15. Who tells Momo that Buddha will give her a dog if he so wishes?
(c) Wing Fong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Momo from giving up in Chapter 3?
2. What causes Momo to lose track of Pempa in Chapter 2?
3. Who actually stole something in Chapter 4?
4. Whom does Momo understand as the one who taught love and kindness and helped the people to scare away the demons that plagued them?
5. Whom does Momo go with to meet the tradesmen of the mule caravan in Chapter 1?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)