|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Kalimpong located?
(a) West Bengal.
2. What refers to the foretelling or prediction of what is to come?
3. Why do the tradesmen on the mule caravan often stop in Momo's village?
(a) To trade.
(b) To rest.
(c) To eat.
4. What does Momo call the series of rocks and paths that lead down into India from the mountains?
(a) The Grand Slalom.
(b) The Giant Staircase.
(c) The Obstacle Course.
(d) The Boulder Jam.
5. What did one of the community members say Pempa had done while being stolen?
6. What event brought the tradesmen to Momo's house in Chapter 2?
(a) A monsoon.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A terrible storm.
(d) An avalanche.
7. Who is the astrologer Momo asks about naming her dog?
8. Whom do the traders and the family they stay with know?
(b) Tsu Foo.
(c) Momo's father.
(d) Lotus Blossom.
9. Where does Momo run to look for Pempa in Chapter 2?
(a) The temple.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The river.
(d) The village.
10. What location does Momo pass where only the rough men of Bhutan would live permanently?
11. What does Momo give to the Buddha shrine as a way of demanding that the Buddha hear her?
(a) A gold coin.
(b) A special stone.
(c) An eagle chick.
(d) A glass marble and bottle.
12. What term refers to that which is of or belonging to language?
13. Where is Momo's father likely to be on a trade mission in Chapter 2?
14. A boy in the village tells Momo that Pempa will be taken to ___________.
15. According to Little Dorje, who might take Momo to Kalimpong?
(a) Big Dorje.
(b) Tsu Foo.
(c) Lady Paton.
(d) Wing Fong.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what exact location in the city will the train stop on its way to Kalimpong?
2. In Chapter 2, Momo realized that she would have to climb down the mountain into India and go to the hamlet named __________.
3. The women whom Momo encounters maintain that the mule train is ___________.
4. What refers to a divine character or nature, especially that of the Supreme Being?
5. What minor goddess does Momo wail for in Chapter 2?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)