|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What business does Momo's mother run from their home?
(a) A convent.
(b) A tea house.
(c) A fishing store.
(d) A stable.
2. Who captures Momo in Chapter 3?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) A merchant.
(c) A monk.
(d) A fisherman.
3. A boy in the village tells Momo that Pempa will be taken to ___________.
4. Who makes fun of Momo in Lingtam?
(a) Old women.
(d) Old men.
5. What does Momo give to the Buddha shrine as a way of demanding that the Buddha hear her?
(a) A glass marble and bottle.
(b) A gold coin.
(c) An eagle chick.
(d) A special stone.
6. Where does Momo travel after leaving the village on Lingtu in Chapter 3?
7. How many men come to Momo's house to recuperate?
8. The women whom Momo encounters maintain that the mule train is ___________.
(a) Completely off course.
(b) Too far ahead.
(c) Keeping the right pace.
(d) Too far behind.
9. Momo's child theology sees both God and evil as _______.
10. What event happened before the mule caravan of tradesmen enter Momo's village?
(a) An Indian monsoon.
(b) A hailstorm.
(c) A thunderstorm.
(d) A blizzard.
11. Where did Momo first see the kind of dog she wanted?
(a) Komodo Temple.
(b) Kargayu Temple.
(c) Kubota Temple.
(d) Kangaroo Temple.
12. What is the major city which Momo passes through on her way to Calcutta?
13. What region does Momo enter after passing around the mountain on her way to Calcutta?
14. What have Momo and her mother forgotten?
(a) A guide.
(b) The prophecy.
(c) The map.
15. What event brought the tradesmen to Momo's house in Chapter 2?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) An avalanche.
(c) A terrible storm.
(d) A monsoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the astrologer Momo asks about naming her dog?
2. The terrain Big Dorje takes Momo through grows increasingly ________.
3. What term is relating to or characteristic of a human group having racial, religious, linguistic, and certain other traits in common?
4. How long did the festival last which Momo attended with her family in Chapter 1?
5. In Chapter 4, the villagers are angry at Momo because they think she stole ____________.
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)