|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6, The Ten Traders and Tsu Foo, Protector of the Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, why do the traders tell Momo she will never get to Calcutta?
(a) There is a typhoon coming.
(b) She doesn't have money for a train.
(c) It's getting dark.
(d) It is too far away.
2. Where is Momo forced to work in Chapter 5?
(a) The stables.
(b) The farmhouse.
(c) The convent.
(d) The fields.
3. The gentleman who helps Momo in Chapter 6 is ________to Tibet.
(a) A merchant.
(b) An advisor.
(d) A peasant.
4. In Chapter 3, Momo travels to the village on _____ and learns that the mule train is headed for Kalimpong.
5. What does Momo rely on as she climbs down the mountain to India?
(a) Her inheritance.
(b) Stolen money.
(c) The hospitality of strangers.
(d) Her mother's money.
Short Answer Questions
1. A community member tells Momo that one of the men from ___________ stole Pempa.
2. Whom does Momo understand as the one who taught love and kindness and helped the people to scare away the demons that plagued them?
3. What does the woman of the house do when Momo says she wishes to be released?
4. What does Momo call the series of rocks and paths that lead down into India from the mountains?
5. Who is the British man is in Chapter 6?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)