Chapters 1-2, The Gift of a Red-Gold Lhasa Terrier, Adventure! The Beginning of the Prophecy
• Chapter 1, The Gift of a Red-Gold Lhasa Terrier opens in the mountains of Tibet in the home of a small Tibetan family.
• Momo, a little girl, has fallen in love with the idea of getting a red-gold Lhasa Terrier at the age of four until at last she gets the dog she wants.
• Momo's father, Nema, was too poor to fulfill Momo's wish, which continued without exception until she was eight.
• Momo's family along with the Tibetan Buddhist community of which she was part, often perform ceremonies and pray regularly to God, the Enlightened One, the Buddha.
• Momo most harassed her mother for the dog since her father Nema was often away.
• Nema tells Momo that if the Lord Buddha wishes, he will give her a dog.
• Momo's visits to the monastery throw...
This section contains 2,613 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)