|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sorcha cry with Red?
2. How does the man who saves Sorcha from drowning know Simon?
3. What is Sorcha doing when she sees Richard alone?
4. How does Sorcha get away from the banquet on Mid Summer?
5. Who keeps telling Red that Simon is dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sorcha agree to marry Red?
2. Why is it so hard for Red to learn anything about Sorcha?
3. What does Sorcha sacrifice when Margery gives birth?
4. Why does Richard want to know more about Sorcha?
5. What is the first word Sorcha vocalizes, and why?
6. What good news does Red bring to Sorcha?
7. Why is Ben so hesitant to welcome Sorcha?
8. Why is Sorcha so afraid of being captured by Redbeard's men?
9. How does John die?
10. Why is Sorcha so upset over John's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Red give Sorcha when he proposes, and how does this prove his love for her?
Essay Topic 2
Betrayal is a theme introduced at the very beginning of this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 3
Sorcha endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)