|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Richard try to get rid of Simon?
2. What is Sorcha doing when she sees Richard alone?
3. What does Sorcha do when a man tries to save her from the storm?
4. Where does Red take Sorcha on the morning of his wedding?
5. Who keeps Sorcha from going to the river alone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Betrayal is a theme introduced at the very beginning of this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this play? Are the characters able to overcome despair? If they do, how? If they do not, why not?
Essay Topic 3
Choosing sides is one of the book's themes.. List some passages in which this theme appears and discuss how the theme affects the characters involved?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)