|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sorcha's new name?
2. What is Sorcha made to promise after she is rescued from Richard?
3. How does Margery treat Sorcha?
4. What has Simon left for Sorcha?
5. How does Red plan to protect Sorcha while he looks for Simon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Richard want to know more about Sorcha?
2. How does Sorcha meet Red?
3. Why is Sorcha so upset over John's death?
4. Why does Red say he wants to marry Sorcha?
5. How does Anne help Sorcha while she is being held in prison?
6. Why is Sorcha so afraid of being captured by Redbeard's men?
7. Why does Sorcha agree to marry Red?
8. What is the first word Sorcha vocalizes, and why?
9. What causes Sorcha to pass out during her trial?
10. What future does Sorcha see in a vision?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this play? Are the characters able to overcome despair? If they do, how? If they do not, why not?
Essay Topic 2
Choosing sides is one of the book's themes.. List some passages in which this theme appears and discuss how the theme affects the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Overcoming prejudice was a very important theme in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does Marillier present the theme in a dynamic way?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)