|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sorcha meet Eilis?
2. Who does Father Brien ask for help with the person he has been caring for?
3. What bad news does Liam get about Eilis?
4. Who buries Linn?
5. Who does Sorcha think is responsible for what happened to Eilis on Colum's wedding day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strange things happen on the day of Colum's wedding?
2. When does Sorcha realize her mistake in not keeping her location more secret?
3. What does Sorcha say is the hardest part of their brothers' curse?
4. What is Sorcha's first impression of her father's new wife?
5. What exciting news of Conor does Father Brien tell ?
6. Who does Sorcha rely heavily on in this book, and why?
7. After the ceremony, what does Sorcha find in a cave?
8. What does the Lady of the Forest say to Sorcha after her attack?
9. What is a luath?
10. What do Sorcha's brothers do when they realize Sorchas has been attacked?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Sorcha almost killed, and what is proven about her during this harrowing experience?
Essay Topic 2
Love is a theme that is displayed in various relationships in Daughter of the Forest. Choose two of these relationships and compare and contrast them with each other, focusing on how love is portrayed in each.
Essay Topic 3
Sorcha endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)