|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Sorcha's brothers turned into?
2. What does Sorcha make for the prisoner?
3. How many shirts does Sorcha complete in 6 months?
4. Who does Sorcha blame for Cormack hurting an animal?
5. What swells when Sorcha comes in contact with starwart?
Short Essay Questions
1. What exciting news of Conor does Father Brien tell ?
2. What strange things happen on the day of Colum's wedding?
3. What is a luath?
4. What does Sorcha have difficulty doing after her attack?
5. What bad news does Liam hear about home?
6. How does Sorcha describe Liam, Diarmid, and Cormack at the beginning of the book?
7. What does Sorcha say is the hardest part of their brothers' curse?
8. What makes the shirts for her brothers so hard to weave ?
9. When does Sorcha realize her mistake in not keeping her location more secret?
10. How does Colum handle the death of his wife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Overcoming prejudice was a very important theme in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does Marillier present the theme in a dynamic way?
Essay Topic 2
Where do the different brothers go at the end of the book, and what does this signify about them?
Essay Topic 3
Valor is one of the themes of this novel. Where does the theme of valor present itself and how does the theme of valor present in the plot and how does it impact the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)