Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are enemies to Sorcha's father?
2. What does Finbar hide from Sorcha?
3. Where is Colum from?
4. Who comes to get Sorcha while Father Brien is gone?
5. What do Sorcha and her brothers stand around during a ceremony?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the shirts for her brothers so hard to weave ?
2. What role does Sorcha take in helping the village when she returns?
3. What is Sorcha's first impression of her father's new wife?
4. What causes Sorcha and her brothers to do a ceremony?
5. How does John die?
6. How does Colum handle the death of his wife?
7. What does Sorcha have difficulty doing after her attack?
8. What bad news does Liam hear about home?
9. Why does Sorcha think Red is working so hard to protect her?
10. What does Red do to prove his true love for Sorcha?
Love is a theme that is displayed in various relationships in Daughter of the Forest. Choose two of these relationships and compare and contrast them with each other, focusing on how love is portrayed in each.
Sorcha endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
The characters in this book all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write each character's main motivation throughout the book and how their goals affected the characters around them.
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)