|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sorcha feel around the woman her father plans to marry?
2. How many older siblings does Sorcha have?
3. For whom has the altar that Sorcha finds been built?
4. Who tells Sorcha about the person's disappearance shortly after Colum introduces the woman he plans to marry?
5. How does Sorcha's new mother respond when she sees Sorcha and her brothers conducting a ceremony?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sorcha feel when her oldest brother gets engaged?
2. How does Colum handle the death of his wife?
3. What is a luath?
4. When will Sorcha be able to see her brothers after the spell is placed upon them?
5. How does Sorcha describe Liam, Diarmid, and Cormack at the beginning of the book?
6. How does Finbar especially help Sorcha after her attack?
7. What counsel is Sorcha given after the ceremony?
8. How does Sorcha describe Finbar, Padriac, and Conor at the beginning of the book?
9. What do Sorcha's brothers do when they realize Sorchas has been attacked?
10. What causes Sorcha and her brothers to do a ceremony?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choosing sides is one of the book's themes.. List some passages in which this theme appears and discuss how the theme affects the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Betrayal is a theme introduced at the very beginning of this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do the instances of gratitude affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)