|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Sorcha how to reverse the spell on her brothers?
2. What kind of things happen in the presence of the woman Sorcha's father plans to marry?
3. How does Sorcha meet Eilis?
4. Where does Father Brien go to get supplies?
5. Where are the nearest people to Sorcha when she is in the village alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Colum handle the death of his wife?
2. What does the ceremony held by Sorcha and her brothers involve?
3. Who helps the prisoner, and why?
4. How does Sorcha describe Liam, Diarmid, and Cormack at the beginning of the book?
5. When will Sorcha be able to see her brothers after the spell is placed upon them?
6. What causes Sorcha and her brothers to do a ceremony?
7. Who does Sorcha rely heavily on in this book, and why?
8. What does Sorcha say is the hardest part of their brothers' curse?
9. When does Sorcha realize her mistake in not keeping her location more secret?
10. What is unique about Padriac?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
Sorcha endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
This plot takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Marillier have chosen these particular places for a specific plot point to take place?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)