Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are enemies to Sorcha's father?
2. What does Finbar hide from Sorcha?
3. Where is Colum from?
4. Who comes to get Sorcha while Father Brien is gone?
5. What do Sorcha and her brothers stand around during a ceremony?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the shirts for her brothers so hard to weave ?
2. What role does Sorcha take in helping the village when she returns?
3. What is Sorcha's first impression of her father's new wife?
4. What causes Sorcha and her brothers to do a ceremony?
5. How does John die?
6. How does Colum handle the death of his wife?
7. What does Sorcha have difficulty doing after her attack?
8. What bad news does Liam hear about home?
9. Why does Sorcha think Red is working so hard to protect her?
10. What does Red do to prove his true love for Sorcha?
Essay Topic 1
Betrayal is a theme introduced at the very beginning of this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
Power and greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
Choosing sides is one of the book's themes.. List some passages in which this theme appears and discuss how the theme affects the characters involved?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)