Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are enemies to Sorcha's father?
2. What does Finbar hide from Sorcha?
3. Where is Colum from?
4. Who comes to get Sorcha while Father Brien is gone?
5. What do Sorcha and her brothers stand around during a ceremony?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the shirts for her brothers so hard to weave ?
2. What role does Sorcha take in helping the village when she returns?
3. What is Sorcha's first impression of her father's new wife?
4. What causes Sorcha and her brothers to do a ceremony?
5. How does John die?
6. How does Colum handle the death of his wife?
7. What does Sorcha have difficulty doing after her attack?
8. What bad news does Liam hear about home?
9. Why does Sorcha think Red is working so hard to protect her?
10. What does Red do to prove his true love for Sorcha?
Essay Topic 1
Sorcha endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
John is a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did the author accomplish using a minor character so effectively? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if John had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
How does the attack endured by Sorcha affect her life?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)