Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are enemies to Sorcha's father?
2. What does Finbar hide from Sorcha?
3. Where is Colum from?
4. Who comes to get Sorcha while Father Brien is gone?
5. What do Sorcha and her brothers stand around during a ceremony?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the shirts for her brothers so hard to weave ?
2. What role does Sorcha take in helping the village when she returns?
3. What is Sorcha's first impression of her father's new wife?
4. What causes Sorcha and her brothers to do a ceremony?
5. How does John die?
6. How does Colum handle the death of his wife?
7. What does Sorcha have difficulty doing after her attack?
8. What bad news does Liam hear about home?
9. Why does Sorcha think Red is working so hard to protect her?
10. What does Red do to prove his true love for Sorcha?
Essay Topic 1
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this play? Are the characters able to overcome despair? If they do, how? If they do not, why not?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Which characters are used the most to express this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)