|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sorcha do at times to distract Simon?
2. Who comes to get Sorcha while Father Brien is gone?
3. Where does Sorcha live in the forest?
4. What bad news does Liam get about Eilis?
5. Who does Sorcha think is responsible for what happened to Eilis on Colum's wedding day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the shirts for her brothers so hard to weave ?
2. When will Sorcha be able to see her brothers after the spell is placed upon them?
3. How does Sorcha describe Liam, Diarmid, and Cormack at the beginning of the book?
4. How does Finbar especially help Sorcha after her attack?
5. What is unique about Padriac?
6. What strange things happen on the day of Colum's wedding?
7. Who does Sorcha rely heavily on in this book, and why?
8. What does Sorcha say is the hardest part of their brothers' curse?
9. How does Sorcha describe Finbar, Padriac, and Conor at the beginning of the book?
10. What shows that Simon has begun to trust Sorcha?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this play? Are the characters able to overcome despair? If they do, how? If they do not, why not?
Essay Topic 2
Choosing sides is one of the book's themes.. List some passages in which this theme appears and discuss how the theme affects the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Betrayal is a theme introduced at the very beginning of this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters are most affected by it?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)