|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Anne related to Richard?
(a) She is his cousin.
(b) She is his sister.
(c) She is his niece.
(d) She is his fiance.
2. Who controls the house when Red goes looking for Simon?
3. Who is searching for the man who saves Sorcha from drowning?
(a) Lady Oonagh.
(b) Eilis's father.
(c) Sorcha's brothers.
4. How does Margery treat Sorcha?
(a) Like a friend.
(b) Like a child.
(c) Like a guest.
(d) Like an enemy.
5. Why does Sorcha want to go to the river alone while in Briton?
(a) To pray.
(b) To gather starwort.
(c) To see her brothers.
(d) To escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what country does Red travel in search of Simon?
2. Who does Red plan to marry?
3. Where does the man who saves Sorcha from drowning get an injury that Sorcha must heal?
4. Who does Richard get to try and convince someone to send Sorcha away?
5. Why does Richard tell Sorcha some of his secrets?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sorcha meet Red?
2. What makes Margery's delivery so difficult, and how does she get through it?
3. What leads to Sorcha's trial?
4. Why does Red say he wants to marry Sorcha?
5. How does Anne help Sorcha while she is being held in prison?
6. What is the first word Sorcha vocalizes, and why?
7. How does Sorcha save Red from Redbeard's men?
8. What happens when Sorcha tries on the dress Margery made for her?
9. How does John die?
10. Why does Sorcha not defend herself during the trial?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)