|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to keep Sorcha from going to the river alone?
(a) The doors are locked.
(b) Someone goes into labor.
(c) There is a fight.
(d) A feast is held.
2. How many companions does the man who saves Sorcha from drowning have with him?
3. How does John die?
(a) He is poisoned.
(b) He is stabbed in the back.
(c) He get an infection.
(d) He is caught in a landslide.
4. What does Sorcha do when a man tries to save her from the storm?
(a) Clings to him.
(b) Curses the Lady of the Forest.
(c) Curls up in a ball.
(d) Jumps into the water.
5. What is Sorcha doing when she sees Richard alone?
(a) Gathering starwort.
(b) Looking for her brothers.
(c) Washing her clothes.
(d) Weaving the shirts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves Sorcha from Richard?
2. How does Red plan to protect Sorcha while he looks for Simon?
3. Who sees Sorcha talking to her brother?
4. Where does Sorcha cry with Red?
5. How does the man who saves Sorcha from drowning know Simon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John die?
2. What future does Sorcha see in a vision?
3. What makes Sorcha so uncomfortable around Richard?
4. Why is it so hard for Red to learn anything about Sorcha?
5. Why does Sorcha agree to marry Red?
6. How does Sorcha meet Red?
7. How does Sorcha feel as she sees the preparations for Red's wedding?
8. What is the first word Sorcha vocalizes, and why?
9. What does Sorcha sacrifice when Margery gives birth?
10. Why does Sorcha not defend herself during the trial?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)