|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Margery treat Sorcha?
(a) Like a friend.
(b) Like an enemy.
(c) Like a child.
(d) Like a guest.
2. Where does Sorcha get new clothing?
(a) A healing home.
(b) A convent.
(c) An abandoned house.
(d) A dress shop.
3. How does Sorcha get away from the banquet on Mid Summer?
(a) She sneaks away.
(b) She demands to leave.
(c) She says she is sick.
(d) She faints.
4. Why don't people want Sorcha's help with medical problems?
(a) She never talks.
(b) Red trusts her.
(c) Her hands are swollen.
(d) She is Irish.
5. Who speaks to Sorcha when Red takes her somewhere on the morning of his wedding?
(b) Father Brien.
(d) The Lady of the Forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John die?
2. What makes it hard for Sorcha to steer in the storm?
3. How does the man who saves Sorcha from drowning know Simon?
4. Who does Red plan to marry?
5. What is the name of Margery's husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Sorcha to pass out during her trial?
2. Why does Richard want to know more about Sorcha?
3. How does John die?
4. What happens when Sorcha tries on the dress Margery made for her?
5. Why does Sorcha not defend herself during the trial?
6. What good news does Red bring to Sorcha?
7. What is the first word Sorcha vocalizes, and why?
8. How does Anne help Sorcha while she is being held in prison?
9. How does Sorcha meet Red?
10. What leads to Sorcha's trial?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)