|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Red plan to get married?
(a) Fall Equinox.
(b) Mid Winter.
(c) Mid Summer.
(d) May Day.
2. Who keeps telling Red that Simon is dead?
3. Who is the witness to Red's wedding?
(d) Father Brien.
4. Where does Richard want Sorcha to be sent?
(a) The Southwoods.
(b) Her home.
(c) The Northwoods.
(d) The prison.
5. Why does Sorcha want to go to the river alone while in Briton?
(a) To see her brothers.
(b) To escape.
(c) To pray.
(d) To gather starwort.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is provided for Sorcha's protection in Harrowfield?
2. Who is searching for the man who saves Sorcha from drowning?
3. Who does Sorcha think placed a spell on Red?
4. Who does Red plan to marry?
5. Why does Sorcha cry with Red?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Sorcha so uncomfortable around Richard?
2. How does John die?
3. What causes Sorcha to pass out during her trial?
4. What is the first word Sorcha vocalizes, and why?
5. Why does Sorcha think Red is working so hard to protect her?
6. How does Sorcha feel as she sees the preparations for Red's wedding?
7. Why does Sorcha agree to marry Red?
8. How does Anne help Sorcha while she is being held in prison?
9. What makes Margery's delivery so difficult, and how does she get through it?
10. Why does Richard want to know more about Sorcha?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)