|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Sorcha a new name?
(a) Some nuns.
(b) The Lady of the Forest.
(c) The man who saves her from drowning.
(d) The swans.
2. Who controls the house when Red goes looking for Simon?
3. Where is a banquet held on Mid Summer?
(a) The square.
(b) The cove.
(c) The gardens.
(d) The castle.
4. How does Red plan to protect Sorcha while he looks for Simon?
(a) By taking her with him.
(b) By locking her up.
(c) By marrying her.
(d) By faking her death.
5. What is the name of Margery's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't people want Sorcha's help with medical problems?
2. What is Sorcha doing when she sees Richard alone?
3. !t Red's house, when do bad things begin happening to Sorcha ?
4. Who does Sorcha pray to for help during the fight in the forest?
5. Why doesn't Richard like Sorcha?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sorcha think Red is working so hard to protect her?
2. Why does Richard want to know more about Sorcha?
3. What makes Sorcha so uncomfortable around Richard?
4. How does Sorcha meet Red?
5. Why is it so hard for Red to learn anything about Sorcha?
6. What causes Sorcha to pass out during her trial?
7. What good news does Red bring to Sorcha?
8. What does Sorcha sacrifice when Margery gives birth?
9. Why does Red place Sorcha under certain protections in his home?
10. Why is Sorcha so upset over John's death?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)