|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man who saves Sorcha from drowning known as in his homeland?
(a) Lord Hoffman.
(b) Lord Hugh.
(c) Lord Henry.
(d) Lord Halbert.
2. How does Red plan to protect Sorcha while he looks for Simon?
(a) By marrying her.
(b) By faking her death.
(c) By taking her with him.
(d) By locking her up.
3. When does Red plan to get married?
(a) Fall Equinox.
(b) May Day.
(c) Mid Summer.
(d) Mid Winter.
4. What is Sorcha made to promise after she is rescued from Richard?
(a) She will speak the next time she needs help.
(b) She will never lie to them again.
(c) She will never wander alone.
(d) She will carry a knife with her.
5. Who fills the cave where Sorcha and the man who saved her from drowning hide?
(a) People from the village.
(d) The Fair Folk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who saves Sorcha from drowning?
2. Where does Sorcha get new clothing?
3. What makes it hard for Sorcha to steer in the storm?
4. Where does Red think Simon might be?
5. What wakes Sorcha the night after being saved from drowning?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anne help Sorcha while she is being held in prison?
2. What leads to Sorcha's trial?
3. Why does Sorcha think Red is working so hard to protect her?
4. What makes Margery's delivery so difficult, and how does she get through it?
5. What causes Sorcha to pass out during her trial?
6. What makes Sorcha so uncomfortable around Richard?
7. Why is Sorcha so upset over John's death?
8. Why does Red place Sorcha under certain protections in his home?
9. Why does Sorcha agree to marry Red?
10. How does John die?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)