|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Red say Sorcha has to do to get home?
(a) Finish the shirts.
(c) Ask for help.
(d) Tell him of his brother.
2. Why is Sorcha so nervous around the man who saves her from drowning and his companions?
(a) They are Britons.
(b) She thinks they will try to hurt her.
(c) All of these.
(d) She doesn't know them.
3. What is Sorcha doing when she sees Richard alone?
(a) Looking for her brothers.
(b) Washing her clothes.
(c) Gathering starwort.
(d) Weaving the shirts.
4. Where does Richard want Sorcha to be sent?
(a) The Southwoods.
(b) The prison.
(c) The Northwoods.
(d) Her home.
5. What has Simon left for Sorcha?
(a) A hat.
(b) A letter.
(c) A coin.
(d) A carving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the man who saves Sorcha from drowning get an injury that Sorcha must heal?
2. What happens when Sorcha prays for help during the fight in the forest?
3. What makes it hard for Sorcha to steer in the storm?
4. Who makes Sorcha a dress?
5. Who gives Sorcha a new name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Sorcha tries on the dress Margery made for her?
2. What good news does Red bring to Sorcha?
3. How does Anne help Sorcha while she is being held in prison?
4. What leads to Sorcha's trial?
5. Why is Sorcha so afraid of being captured by Redbeard's men?
6. What is the first word Sorcha vocalizes, and why?
7. Why is Sorcha so upset over John's death?
8. Why does Sorcha agree to marry Red?
9. Why does Sorcha not defend herself during the trial?
10. Why does Red say he wants to marry Sorcha?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)