|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the worst wounds for Simon to handle?
(a) His wounded stomach.
(b) His wounded arms.
(c) His mental wounds.
(d) His internal wounds.
2. Why is Sorcha's father often away from home?
(a) He must sell the produce of his land.
(b) He hates looking after his children.
(c) He has many duties.
(d) He is always drunk.
3. Where does Sorcha live in the forest?
(a) A tree.
(b) A cottage.
(c) A hut.
(d) A cave.
4. Where does Sorcha come in contact with starwart?
(a) Near the lake.
(b) On the farm.
(c) In the town square.
(d) Outside the church.
5. Where is Sorcha when she sees her brothers for the first time since the spell?
(a) By the ocean.
(b) In her cave.
(c) Near the village.
(d) By the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal did Cormack injure?
2. What does Simon do when someone comes to get Sorcha while Father Brien is gone?
3. Why does Sorcha think her father chose the wrong woman to marry?
4. What does Father Brien say about the woman Colum plans to marry?
5. Who helps Sorcha when she comes in contact with starwart?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sorcha have difficulty doing after her attack?
2. How does Finbar especially help Sorcha after her attack?
3. What happens after the ceremony?
4. What bad news does Liam hear about home?
5. How does Sorcha describe Liam, Diarmid, and Cormack at the beginning of the book?
6. What counsel is Sorcha given after the ceremony?
7. What does Sorcha say is the hardest part of their brothers' curse?
8. What is Sorcha's first impression of her father's new wife?
9. How does Sorcha feel when her oldest brother gets engaged?
10. Who does Sorcha rely heavily on in this book, and why?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)