|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Father Brien go to get supplies?
(a) The dell.
(b) The village.
(c) The luath.
(d) The forest.
2. What kind of animal does Sorcha keep for company in the forest?
(a) A dog.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A bird.
(d) A cat.
3. Who does Sorcha blame for Cormack hurting an animal?
(c) Father Brien.
(d) The woman her father will marry.
4. Who are enemies to Sorcha's father?
(c) All of these.
5. How do Sorcha's brothers feel around the woman their father plans to marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Diarmid and Liam do for Sorcha to make her life easier?
2. What are Sorcha's brothers turned into?
3. Who tells Sorcha about the person's disappearance shortly after Colum introduces the woman he plans to marry?
4. Why is Sorcha's father often away from home?
5. What is Colum's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Colum handle the death of his wife?
2. How does Sorcha describe Finbar, Padriac, and Conor at the beginning of the book?
3. How does Sorcha describe Liam, Diarmid, and Cormack at the beginning of the book?
4. What is unique about Finbar?
5. What bad news does Liam hear about home?
6. After the ceremony, what does Sorcha find in a cave?
7. What counsel is Sorcha given after the ceremony?
8. What happens after the ceremony?
9. When will Sorcha be able to see her brothers after the spell is placed upon them?
10. What does the ceremony held by Sorcha and her brothers involve?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)