|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sorcha's father often away from home?
(a) He is always drunk.
(b) He hates looking after his children.
(c) He has many duties.
(d) He must sell the produce of his land.
2. What does a boy think Sorcha is when he sees her in the forest?
(a) A troll.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A fairy.
(d) An angel.
3. What happens to Eilis on the day of Colum's wedding?
(a) She is poisoned.
(b) She disappears.
(c) She hangs herself.
(d) She is stabbed.
4. Who tells Sorcha how to reverse the spell on her brothers?
(b) The Lady of the Forest.
(c) Lady Oonagh.
(d) Father Brien.
5. What does Father Brien say about the woman Colum plans to marry?
(a) Sorcha should trust her instincts.
(b) She is the right woman.
(c) She has been bewitched.
(d) There is evil about her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Padriac and Cormack do to make Sorcha's life easier?
2. Where does Sorcha go when her brothers are transformed?
3. About what is the prisoner angry?
4. Why does Sorcha take something from the altar?
5. Who does Sorcha tell about her visit with the Lady of the Forest?
Short Essay Questions
1. When will Sorcha be able to see her brothers after the spell is placed upon them?
2. What exciting news of Conor does Father Brien tell ?
3. What is Sorcha's first impression of her father's new wife?
4. How does Finbar especially help Sorcha after her attack?
5. When does Sorcha realize her mistake in not keeping her location more secret?
6. What does the Lady of the Forest say to Sorcha after her attack?
7. What is unique about Padriac?
8. What is unique about Finbar?
9. What happens after the ceremony?
10. Who helps the prisoner, and why?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)