|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is starwart?
(a) A sickness.
(b) A plant.
(c) An insect.
(d) A tree.
2. How does Sorcha meet Eilis?
(a) She is an orphan in need of a home.
(b) She is hired as a tutor.
(c) She is the daughter of a servant.
(d) She is the daughter of a neighboring war lord.
3. What kind of animal did Cormack injure?
(a) A horse.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A donkey.
4. What do Sorcha and her brothers stand around during a ceremony?
(a) A grave.
(b) An altar.
(c) A bush.
(d) A tree.
5. When is this book set?
(a) The mid 1200s.
(b) The mid 800s.
(c) The mid 1100s.
(d) The mid 1800s.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sorcha think is responsible for what happened to Eilis on Colum's wedding day?
2. What makes Sorcha's brothers angry when they first see her after the spell?
3. About what is the prisoner angry?
4. How does Sorcha feel around the woman her father plans to marry?
5. How many older siblings does Sorcha have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Colum handle the death of his wife?
2. How does Sorcha feel when her oldest brother gets engaged?
3. When will Sorcha be able to see her brothers after the spell is placed upon them?
4. What counsel is Sorcha given after the ceremony?
5. How does Finbar especially help Sorcha after her attack?
6. How does Sorcha describe Finbar, Padriac, and Conor at the beginning of the book?
7. What does Sorcha have difficulty doing after her attack?
8. What is a luath?
9. What happens after the ceremony?
10. What is unique about Padriac?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)