|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is destroyed when Sorcha refuses to study what her new mother tells her to?
(a) Her wardrobe.
(b) Her library.
(c) Her garden.
(d) Her carriage.
2. What swells when Sorcha comes in contact with starwart?
(a) Her face.
(b) Her neck.
(c) Her hand.
(d) Her foot.
3. How does Sorcha's new mother respond when she sees Sorcha and her brothers conducting a ceremony?
(a) She becomes angry.
(b) She cries.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She faints.
4. To whom does Sorcha pray for help after something of hers is destroyed by her new mother?
(a) The Celtic Gods.
(b) The Forest people.
(c) The Fair Fok.
(d) Her dead ancestors.
5. What does Finbar hide from Sorcha?
(a) What is happening at the castle.
(b) His own future.
(c) The cure for the starwort.
(d) The future he sees for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sorcha when she sees her brothers for the first time since the spell?
2. How does Sorcha feel around the woman her father plans to marry?
3. What do Diarmid and Liam do for Sorcha to make her life easier?
4. What kind of things happen in the presence of the woman Sorcha's father plans to marry?
5. What is the name of the prisoner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who helps the prisoner, and why?
2. What does Sorcha have difficulty doing after her attack?
3. When does Sorcha realize her mistake in not keeping her location more secret?
4. After the ceremony, what does Sorcha find in a cave?
5. How does Colum handle the death of his wife?
6. How does Sorcha feel when her oldest brother gets engaged?
7. What causes Sorcha and her brothers to do a ceremony?
8. What is starwort?
9. When will Sorcha be able to see her brothers after the spell is placed upon them?
10. What shows that Simon has begun to trust Sorcha?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)