|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sorcha think her father chose the wrong woman to marry?
(a) She is from Ireland.
(b) She is too dainty.
(c) She is sickly.
(d) She is much younger.
2. About what is the prisoner angry?
(a) His family was murdered.
(b) The way his country is being run.
(c) He was tortured.
(d) The circumstances of his escape.
3. Why is Sorcha's father often away from home?
(a) He has many duties.
(b) He must sell the produce of his land.
(c) He hates looking after his children.
(d) He is always drunk.
4. Who tells Sorcha about her new brother?
5. To whom does Sorcha pray for help after something of hers is destroyed by her new mother?
(a) The Forest people.
(b) The Fair Fok.
(c) The Celtic Gods.
(d) Her dead ancestors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sorcha make for the prisoner?
2. Where does Sorcha go when her brothers are transformed?
3. What is destroyed when Sorcha refuses to study what her new mother tells her to?
4. Who helps Sorcha when she comes in contact with starwart?
5. How long does Sorcha treat Simon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What shows that Simon has begun to trust Sorcha?
2. What makes the shirts for her brothers so hard to weave ?
3. How does Finbar especially help Sorcha after her attack?
4. Who helps the prisoner, and why?
5. What happens after the ceremony?
6. When does Sorcha realize her mistake in not keeping her location more secret?
7. How does Sorcha feel when her oldest brother gets engaged?
8. What exciting news of Conor does Father Brien tell ?
9. What causes Sorcha and her brothers to do a ceremony?
10. What counsel is Sorcha given after the ceremony?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)