|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sorcha take something from the altar?
(a) She is starving.
(b) She needs something new.
(c) She thinks it is meant for her.
(d) She doesn't believe in sacrifices.
2. What do Sorcha and her brothers stand around during a ceremony?
(a) An altar.
(b) A tree.
(c) A bush.
(d) A grave.
3. Who does Sorcha tell about her visit with the Lady of the Forest?
(c) Father Brien.
4. How does Sorcha meet Eilis?
(a) She is an orphan in need of a home.
(b) She is the daughter of a servant.
(c) She is hired as a tutor.
(d) She is the daughter of a neighboring war lord.
5. How old is Sorcha when she meets Eilis?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to keep the brothers from being upset with Sorcha when they see her after the spell?
2. Who are enemies to Sorcha's father?
3. What are Sorcha's brothers turned into?
4. What kind of animal did Cormack injure?
5. Who tells Sorcha about her new brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Sorcha tries on the dress Margery made for her?
2. What do Diarmad and Cormack team up to do at the end of the book?
3. How does Colum handle the death of his wife?
4. What is the first word Sorcha vocalizes, and why?
5. What does the Lady of the Forest say to Sorcha after her attack?
6. What does Sorcha have difficulty doing after her attack?
7. What does Red do to prove his true love for Sorcha?
8. How does Sorcha feel as she sees the preparations for Red's wedding?
9. What shows that Simon has begun to trust Sorcha?
10. What is a luath?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)