|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is provided for Sorcha's protection in Harrowfield?
(b) A private room.
(c) Locks on the doors.
2. Why does Sorcha do what she does when a man tries to save her from drowning?
(a) She succumbs to her fear of drowning.
(b) She thinks she is being punished again.
(c) She recognizes him.
(d) She thinks he wants to hurt her.
3. Who must be convinced before Sorcha will be sent away?
4. Who gives Sorcha a new name?
(a) Some nuns.
(b) The Lady of the Forest.
(c) The man who saves her from drowning.
(d) The swans.
5. When does Red plan to get married?
(a) Mid Summer.
(b) Fall Equinox.
(c) May Day.
(d) Mid Winter.
6. Who does Sorcha think placed a spell on Red?
(a) His fiance.
(b) Lady Oonagh.
(d) The Fair Folk.
7. What happens to keep Sorcha from going to the river alone?
(a) Someone goes into labor.
(b) A feast is held.
(c) The doors are locked.
(d) There is a fight.
8. What is Sorcha made to promise after she is rescued from Richard?
(a) She will never wander alone.
(b) She will speak the next time she needs help.
(c) She will carry a knife with her.
(d) She will never lie to them again.
9. Which of Sorcha's brothers is Sorcha seen talking to?
10. What does Red say Sorcha has to do to get home?
(a) Ask for help.
(c) Finish the shirts.
(d) Tell him of his brother.
11. Who does Father Dominic work for?
(a) Father Brien.
(b) The Cardinal.
(c) The Bishop.
(d) The Priestship.
12. Who does Sorcha pray to for help during the fight in the forest?
(a) The Celtic Gods.
(b) Her ancestors.
(c) The Holy Trinity.
(d) The Fair Folk.
13. Why does Richard tell Sorcha some of his secrets?
(a) It will hurt her feelings.
(b) It will make her stronger.
(c) She can't speak.
(d) She can help him.
14. Who saves Sorcha from Richard?
15. Who speaks to Sorcha when Red takes her somewhere on the morning of his wedding?
(c) Father Brien.
(d) The Lady of the Forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't people want Sorcha's help with medical problems?
2. Who fills the cave where Sorcha and the man who saved her from drowning hide?
3. What season is it when Sorcha wants to go to the river alone while in Briton?
4. Who does Richard get to try and convince someone to send Sorcha away?
5. Why is Sorcha so nervous around the man who saves her from drowning and his companions?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)