|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many companions does the man who saves Sorcha from drowning have with him?
2. Why does Sorcha cry with Red?
(a) She didn't see her brothers.
(b) She is in pain.
(c) The baby died.
(d) There has been no word from Simon.
3. Where does Richard want Sorcha to be sent?
(a) The Southwoods.
(b) The prison.
(c) Her home.
(d) The Northwoods.
4. What does Red say Sorcha has to do to get home?
(a) Finish the shirts.
(c) Tell him of his brother.
(d) Ask for help.
5. What does Sorcha do when a man tries to save her from the storm?
(a) Clings to him.
(b) Curls up in a ball.
(c) Curses the Lady of the Forest.
(d) Jumps into the water.
6. Why does Ben dislike having Sorcha in the group?
(a) She talks too much.
(b) She is not a Briton.
(c) She knows Simon.
(d) She might slow them down.
7. How does John die?
(a) He is poisoned.
(b) He get an infection.
(c) He is caught in a landslide.
(d) He is stabbed in the back.
8. Which of Sorcha's brothers is Sorcha seen talking to?
9. Who does Father Dominic work for?
(a) Father Brien.
(b) The Cardinal.
(c) The Bishop.
(d) The Priestship.
10. How does Sorcha get away from the banquet on Mid Summer?
(a) She faints.
(b) She demands to leave.
(c) She sneaks away.
(d) She says she is sick.
11. Why doesn't Richard like Sorcha?
(a) She is a woman.
(b) She never speaks.
(c) She is young.
(d) She is Irish.
12. What is Sorcha made to promise after she is rescued from Richard?
(a) She will carry a knife with her.
(b) She will never lie to them again.
(c) She will speak the next time she needs help.
(d) She will never wander alone.
13. What is provided for Sorcha's protection in Harrowfield?
(b) Locks on the doors.
(c) A private room.
14. What wakes Sorcha the night after being saved from drowning?
(a) The Lady of the Forest.
(b) A strange noise.
(c) A nightmare.
15. Who controls the house when Red goes looking for Simon?
Short Answer Questions
1. !t Red's house, when do bad things begin happening to Sorcha ?
2. Where does Sorcha get new clothing?
3. Who must be convinced before Sorcha will be sent away?
4. Who does Richard get to try and convince someone to send Sorcha away?
5. What does Richard think happened to Simon?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)