|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Anne related to Richard?
(a) She is his cousin.
(b) She is his fiance.
(c) She is his sister.
(d) She is his niece.
2. Why does Ben dislike having Sorcha in the group?
(a) She might slow them down.
(b) She talks too much.
(c) She is not a Briton.
(d) She knows Simon.
3. Who does Sorcha think placed a spell on Red?
(a) Lady Oonagh.
(c) The Fair Folk.
(d) His fiance.
4. Where is a banquet held on Mid Summer?
(a) The square.
(b) The cove.
(c) The castle.
(d) The gardens.
5. Why doesn't Richard like Sorcha?
(a) She is a woman.
(b) She is Irish.
(c) She never speaks.
(d) She is young.
6. What makes it hard for Sorcha to steer in the storm?
(a) There are no paddles.
(b) She can't see.
(c) She is very weak.
(d) Her brothers leave her.
7. Who saves Sorcha from Richard?
8. !t Red's house, when do bad things begin happening to Sorcha ?
(a) After the battle with Redbeard.
(b) After the Fall Equinox.
(c) After Red's fiance leaves.
(d) After Richard comes for a visit.
9. What is provided for Sorcha's protection in Harrowfield?
(a) A private room.
(d) Locks on the doors.
10. Who controls the house when Red goes looking for Simon?
11. Why does Sorcha do what she does when a man tries to save her from drowning?
(a) She thinks she is being punished again.
(b) She succumbs to her fear of drowning.
(c) She thinks he wants to hurt her.
(d) She recognizes him.
12. Where does Red take Sorcha on the morning of his wedding?
(a) A bridge.
(b) A cottage.
(c) A cove.
(d) A cave.
13. Where does Red think Simon might be?
(a) In a castle.
(b) In France.
(c) In a monastery.
(d) In a prison.
14. Who does Father Dominic work for?
(a) Father Brien.
(b) The Cardinal.
(c) The Priestship.
(d) The Bishop.
15. Who does Sorcha pray to for help during the fight in the forest?
(a) The Holy Trinity.
(b) The Celtic Gods.
(c) Her ancestors.
(d) The Fair Folk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fills the cave where Sorcha and the man who saved her from drowning hide?
2. How does John die?
3. Where does the man who saves Sorcha from drowning get an injury that Sorcha must heal?
4. What wakes Sorcha the night after being saved from drowning?
5. What is Sorcha doing when she sees Richard alone?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)