|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did John make Sorcha promise before he died?
(a) That she would finish her shirts.
(b) That she would raise his son.
(c) That she would say yes to an important question.
(d) That she would reveal the truth to Red.
2. Why is Sorcha so nervous around the man who saves her from drowning and his companions?
(a) She doesn't know them.
(b) All of these.
(c) They are Britons.
(d) She thinks they will try to hurt her.
3. Who does Richard want more information about while at Harrowfield?
(c) The swans.
4. Why doesn't Richard like Sorcha?
(a) She is Irish.
(b) She is a woman.
(c) She never speaks.
(d) She is young.
5. Where is a banquet held on Mid Summer?
(a) The cove.
(b) The castle.
(c) The square.
(d) The gardens.
6. Where does Richard want Sorcha to be sent?
(a) Her home.
(b) The Northwoods.
(c) The Southwoods.
(d) The prison.
7. When does Red plan to get married?
(a) Mid Summer.
(b) Mid Winter.
(c) Fall Equinox.
(d) May Day.
8. Why does Ben dislike having Sorcha in the group?
(a) She is not a Briton.
(b) She knows Simon.
(c) She might slow them down.
(d) She talks too much.
9. What does Sorcha do when a man tries to save her from the storm?
(a) Curls up in a ball.
(b) Clings to him.
(c) Curses the Lady of the Forest.
(d) Jumps into the water.
10. How does John die?
(a) He is poisoned.
(b) He is caught in a landslide.
(c) He is stabbed in the back.
(d) He get an infection.
11. What makes it hard for Sorcha to steer in the storm?
(a) She can't see.
(b) There are no paddles.
(c) Her brothers leave her.
(d) She is very weak.
12. Who must be convinced before Sorcha will be sent away?
13. How does the man who saves Sorcha from drowning know Simon?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) Simon is his uncle.
(c) They are comrades in arms.
(d) They are brothers.
14. What is Sorcha doing when she sees Richard alone?
(a) Gathering starwort.
(b) Looking for her brothers.
(c) Washing her clothes.
(d) Weaving the shirts.
15. Who makes it possible for Sorcha to complete the last shirt?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Sorcha a new name?
2. How does Margery treat Sorcha?
3. !t Red's house, when do bad things begin happening to Sorcha ?
4. How many shirts does Sorcha have to finish when John dies?
5. Who is the witness to Red's wedding?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)