|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is searching for the man who saves Sorcha from drowning?
(a) Sorcha's brothers.
(b) Lady Oonagh.
(d) Eilis's father.
2. Where is a banquet held on Mid Summer?
(a) The square.
(b) The castle.
(c) The gardens.
(d) The cove.
3. Why does Sorcha cry with Red?
(a) She didn't see her brothers.
(b) There has been no word from Simon.
(c) The baby died.
(d) She is in pain.
4. What is Sorcha made to promise after she is rescued from Richard?
(a) She will never lie to them again.
(b) She will never wander alone.
(c) She will speak the next time she needs help.
(d) She will carry a knife with her.
5. How long does it take Sorcha to make the last shirt?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 1 month.
6. Who must be convinced before Sorcha will be sent away?
7. What happens when Sorcha prays for help during the fight in the forest?
(a) A storm comes.
(b) A large bear comes out.
(c) The ground shakes.
(d) The enemies leave.
8. How many shirts does Sorcha have to finish when John dies?
9. What is Sorcha's new name?
10. What is Sorcha doing when she sees Richard alone?
(a) Looking for her brothers.
(b) Gathering starwort.
(c) Weaving the shirts.
(d) Washing her clothes.
11. How does Sorcha get away from the banquet on Mid Summer?
(a) She sneaks away.
(b) She faints.
(c) She demands to leave.
(d) She says she is sick.
12. Who saves Sorcha from Richard?
13. Which of Sorcha's brothers is Sorcha seen talking to?
14. Who makes it possible for Sorcha to complete the last shirt?
15. What season is it when Sorcha wants to go to the river alone while in Briton?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fills the cave where Sorcha and the man who saved her from drowning hide?
2. Who charges Sorcha with crimes and demands her arrest?
3. Who does Sorcha pray to for help during the fight in the forest?
4. Who controls the house when Red goes looking for Simon?
5. Where does Sorcha cry with Red?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)