|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Sorcha when she comes in contact with starwart?
2. What do Sorcha and her brothers stand around during a ceremony?
(a) A tree.
(b) An altar.
(c) A grave.
(d) A bush.
3. What has Conor been chosen to become?
(a) A healer.
(b) A Druid.
(c) A Lord.
(d) A Priest.
4. What does Sorcha do at times to distract Simon?
(b) Tells tales.
(c) Reads books.
(d) Sings songs.
5. Where is the prisoner from?
6. What is the name of Colum's homeland?
7. What does Finbar hide from Sorcha?
(a) The cure for the starwort.
(b) What is happening at the castle.
(c) His own future.
(d) The future he sees for her.
8. About what is the prisoner angry?
(a) He was tortured.
(b) His family was murdered.
(c) The circumstances of his escape.
(d) The way his country is being run.
9. What kind of pursuits is Sorcha told to study around her new mother?
(a) Quiet things.
(b) Lady-like things.
(c) Domestic things.
(d) Practical things.
10. What happens to Eilis on the day of Colum's wedding?
(a) She hangs herself.
(b) She is poisoned.
(c) She is stabbed.
(d) She disappears.
11. Where is Sorcha when she sees her brothers for the first time since the spell?
(a) By the ocean.
(b) Near the village.
(c) By the river.
(d) In her cave.
12. What season is it when Sorcha first lives alone in the forest?
13. What does Father Brien live like?
(a) A hermit.
(b) A lord.
(c) A servant.
(d) A king.
14. What is Colum's occupation?
(c) War lord.
15. When is this book set?
(a) The mid 800s.
(b) The mid 1100s.
(c) The mid 1800s.
(d) The mid 1200s.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sorcha tell about her visit with the Lady of the Forest?
2. Where does Sorcha come in contact with starwart?
3. Who has Father Brien been caring for?
4. What is the first message in this book that Sorcha gets from the Lady of the Forest?
5. What does Sorcha distract Simon from?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)