|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sorcha forbidden from practicing around her new mother?
2. What makes Sorcha's brothers angry when they first see her after the spell?
(a) She doesn't recognize them.
(b) She won't talk to them.
(c) She was not transformed.
(d) She won't look them in the eye.
3. In what season does Mean Sumhraidh take place?
4. Who helps Sorcha when she comes in contact with starwart?
5. What kind of pursuits is Sorcha told to study around her new mother?
(a) Domestic things.
(b) Practical things.
(c) Quiet things.
(d) Lady-like things.
6. Where does Father Brien go to get supplies?
(a) The village.
(b) The forest.
(c) The luath.
(d) The dell.
7. Where does Sorcha come in contact with starwart?
(a) On the farm.
(b) Outside the church.
(c) Near the lake.
(d) In the town square.
8. What has Conor been chosen to become?
(a) A healer.
(b) A Lord.
(c) A Priest.
(d) A Druid.
9. What does Finbar hide from Sorcha?
(a) The future he sees for her.
(b) What is happening at the castle.
(c) The cure for the starwort.
(d) His own future.
10. Who has Father Brien been caring for?
(a) The prisoner.
(c) Eilis's mother.
11. How does Colum respond to what Father Brien says about the woman he plans to marry?
(a) He does not listen.
(b) He suspends the wedding date.
(c) He ends his engagement.
(d) He kicks him out.
12. Who disappears shortly after Colum introduces the woman he plans to marry?
(a) The Lady of the Forest.
13. What is the name of the prisoner?
14. Who buries Linn?
15. How does Sorcha describe Eilis when they first meet?
Short Answer Questions
1. When is this book set?
2. What does Father Brien say about the woman Colum plans to marry?
3. What do Padriac and Cormack do to make Sorcha's life easier?
4. What kind of things happen in the presence of the woman Sorcha's father plans to marry?
5. What is Colum's occupation?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)