|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sorcha think her father chose the wrong woman to marry?
(a) She is too dainty.
(b) She is sickly.
(c) She is much younger.
(d) She is from Ireland.
2. What does Simon do when someone comes to get Sorcha while Father Brien is gone?
(a) Pretends to be dead.
(b) Thanks her and sends her off.
(c) Begs her to stay.
3. What is the name of the animal Sorcha keeps for company in the forest?
4. Where does Father Brien go to get supplies?
(a) The village.
(b) The luath.
(c) The dell.
(d) The forest.
5. What does a boy think Sorcha is when he sees her in the forest?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A fairy.
(c) An angel.
(d) A troll.
6. What is the first message in this book that Sorcha gets from the Lady of the Forest?
(a) She will need to harness love soon.
(b) She has to choose sides and stay strong.
(c) She is about to go on a journey.
(d) She must stop her father.
7. Who disappears shortly after Colum introduces the woman he plans to marry?
(a) The Lady of the Forest.
8. What is used to help Sorcha when she comes in contact with starwart?
(b) Boiling water.
9. Who tells Sorcha about her new brother?
10. How long does Sorcha treat Simon?
(a) Several hours.
(b) Several days.
(c) Several months.
(d) Several weeks.
11. How does Sorcha describe Eilis when they first meet?
12. When is this book set?
(a) The mid 1100s.
(b) The mid 1200s.
(c) The mid 1800s.
(d) The mid 800s.
13. What does Sorcha do at times to distract Simon?
(a) Reads books.
(c) Sings songs.
(d) Tells tales.
14. Where is Colum from?
15. What kind of things happen in the presence of the woman Sorcha's father plans to marry?
(a) Strange things.
(b) Happy things.
(c) Petty things.
(d) Forgotten things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sorcha distract Simon from?
2. About what is the prisoner angry?
3. Who tells Sorcha where to stay while in the forest?
4. What does Father Brien live like?
5. How did Sorcha's mother die?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)