|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the prisoner?
2. How old is Sorcha when she meets Eilis?
3. What makes Sorcha's brothers angry when they first see her after the spell?
(a) She doesn't recognize them.
(b) She was not transformed.
(c) She won't look them in the eye.
(d) She won't talk to them.
4. What is starwart?
(a) A sickness.
(b) A plant.
(c) A tree.
(d) An insect.
5. What does Sorcha distract Simon from?
6. How do Sorcha's brothers feel around the woman their father plans to marry?
7. What is destroyed when Sorcha refuses to study what her new mother tells her to?
(a) Her library.
(b) Her garden.
(c) Her wardrobe.
(d) Her carriage.
8. What do Padriac and Cormack do to make Sorcha's life easier?
(a) Heal her hands.
(b) Cut wood.
(c) Gather food.
(d) Gather starwort.
9. Who is the first to keep the brothers from being upset with Sorcha when they see her after the spell?
10. What swells when Sorcha comes in contact with starwart?
(a) Her face.
(b) Her neck.
(c) Her foot.
(d) Her hand.
11. Who has Father Brien been caring for?
(a) The prisoner.
(b) Eilis's mother.
12. Why does Sorcha take something from the altar?
(a) She doesn't believe in sacrifices.
(b) She thinks it is meant for her.
(c) She is starving.
(d) She needs something new.
13. What are the worst wounds for Simon to handle?
(a) His wounded arms.
(b) His internal wounds.
(c) His wounded stomach.
(d) His mental wounds.
14. Who comes to get Sorcha while Father Brien is gone?
(a) Her brothers.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her neighbors.
(d) Her aunt.
15. Where does Sorcha come in contact with starwart?
(a) Outside the church.
(b) Near the lake.
(c) On the farm.
(d) In the town square.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sorcha when she sees her brothers for the first time since the spell?
2. What is sitting on the altar Sorcha finds?
3. Where are the nearest people to Sorcha when she is in the village alone?
4. What has Conor been chosen to become?
5. How does Sorcha's new mother respond when she sees Sorcha and her brothers conducting a ceremony?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)