|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes care of Sorcha when her father is away?
(a) Her step-mother.
(b) Her maid-servant.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her brothers.
2. Who does Sorcha think is responsible for what happened to Eilis on Colum's wedding day?
(b) Colum's fiance.
(c) Father Brien.
3. What does Father Brien say about the woman Colum plans to marry?
(a) There is evil about her.
(b) She is the right woman.
(c) Sorcha should trust her instincts.
(d) She has been bewitched.
4. How is Colum related to Sorcha?
(a) Colum is her cousin.
(b) Colum is her father.
(c) Colum is her uncle.
(d) Colum is her brother.
5. When is this book set?
(a) The mid 800s.
(b) The mid 1800s.
(c) The mid 1200s.
(d) The mid 1100s.
6. What bad news does Liam get about Eilis?
(a) She has died.
(b) She is engaged to someone else.
(c) She is married.
(d) She weeps for him every night.
7. About what is the prisoner angry?
(a) The way his country is being run.
(b) He was tortured.
(c) His family was murdered.
(d) The circumstances of his escape.
8. How does Sorcha describe Eilis when they first meet?
9. What happens to Eilis on the day of Colum's wedding?
(a) She disappears.
(b) She is stabbed.
(c) She hangs herself.
(d) She is poisoned.
10. What kind of animal did Cormack injure?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A dog.
(c) A horse.
(d) A cat.
11. Who is the first to keep the brothers from being upset with Sorcha when they see her after the spell?
12. Who comes up with a plan to help Sorcha when something of hers is destroyed by her new mother?
13. What season is it when Sorcha first lives alone in the forest?
14. How old is Sorcha when she meets Eilis?
15. How does Sorcha's new mother respond when she sees Sorcha and her brothers conducting a ceremony?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She faints.
(c) She becomes angry.
(d) She cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sorcha feel around the woman her father plans to marry?
2. For whom has the altar that Sorcha finds been built?
3. What do Sorcha and her brothers stand around during a ceremony?
4. What is destroyed when Sorcha refuses to study what her new mother tells her to?
5. Who comes to get Sorcha while Father Brien is gone?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)