|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Colum from?
2. Who is most interested in Eilis?
3. What is Sorcha forbidden from practicing around her new mother?
4. What is the name of Colum's homeland?
5. Who does Sorcha blame for Cormack hurting an animal?
(a) The woman her father will marry.
(c) Father Brien.
6. Who tells Sorcha about the person's disappearance shortly after Colum introduces the woman he plans to marry?
(c) Father Brien.
7. When is this book set?
(a) The mid 1100s.
(b) The mid 800s.
(c) The mid 1800s.
(d) The mid 1200s.
8. What bad news does Liam get about Eilis?
(a) She has died.
(b) She is engaged to someone else.
(c) She weeps for him every night.
(d) She is married.
9. Who buries Linn?
10. Why is Sorcha's father often away from home?
(a) He must sell the produce of his land.
(b) He has many duties.
(c) He is always drunk.
(d) He hates looking after his children.
11. Who takes care of Sorcha when her father is away?
(a) Her step-mother.
(b) Her maid-servant.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her brothers.
12. What do Padriac and Cormack do to make Sorcha's life easier?
(a) Heal her hands.
(b) Gather starwort.
(c) Gather food.
(d) Cut wood.
13. Where does Sorcha go when her brothers are transformed?
(a) The river.
(b) Her father's castle.
(c) The woods.
(d) Simon's cave.
14. Where does Sorcha come in contact with starwart?
(a) On the farm.
(b) In the town square.
(c) Near the lake.
(d) Outside the church.
15. What has Conor been chosen to become?
(a) A Priest.
(b) A Lord.
(c) A healer.
(d) A Druid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the prisoner?
2. How do Sorcha's brothers feel around the woman their father plans to marry?
3. How is Colum related to Sorcha?
4. Who comes to get Sorcha while Father Brien is gone?
5. Who is the first to keep the brothers from being upset with Sorcha when they see her after the spell?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)