|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sorcha blame for Cormack hurting an animal?
(b) Father Brien.
(d) The woman her father will marry.
2. What swells when Sorcha comes in contact with starwart?
(a) Her neck.
(b) Her foot.
(c) Her face.
(d) Her hand.
3. Who takes care of Sorcha when her father is away?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her step-mother.
(c) Her maid-servant.
(d) Her brothers.
4. How many men attack Sorcha in the forest?
5. What makes Sorcha's brothers angry when they first see her after the spell?
(a) She was not transformed.
(b) She won't look them in the eye.
(c) She won't talk to them.
(d) She doesn't recognize them.
6. What is sitting on the altar Sorcha finds?
(a) Bread and cheese.
7. Who buries Linn?
8. Where does Sorcha find an altar?
(a) Her cave.
(b) The forest.
(c) A copse of trees.
(d) The village.
9. Who are enemies to Sorcha's father?
(d) All of these.
10. What kind of things happen in the presence of the woman Sorcha's father plans to marry?
(a) Happy things.
(b) Forgotten things.
(c) Strange things.
(d) Petty things.
11. In what season does Mean Sumhraidh take place?
12. Who does Father Brien ask for help with the person he has been caring for?
13. What does Father Brien say about the woman Colum plans to marry?
(a) Sorcha should trust her instincts.
(b) She has been bewitched.
(c) There is evil about her.
(d) She is the right woman.
14. Who does Sorcha tell about her visit with the Lady of the Forest?
(c) Father Brien.
15. What do Padriac and Cormack do to make Sorcha's life easier?
(a) Gather starwort.
(b) Gather food.
(c) Cut wood.
(d) Heal her hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to get Sorcha while Father Brien is gone?
2. What does Sorcha distract Simon from?
3. What has Conor been chosen to become?
4. Where is the prisoner from?
5. What is the first message in this book that Sorcha gets from the Lady of the Forest?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)