|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Colum respond to what Father Brien says about the woman he plans to marry?
(a) He kicks him out.
(b) He ends his engagement.
(c) He suspends the wedding date.
(d) He does not listen.
2. Who buries Linn?
3. What do Padriac and Cormack do to make Sorcha's life easier?
(a) Gather food.
(b) Gather starwort.
(c) Heal her hands.
(d) Cut wood.
4. How old is Sorcha when she meets Eilis?
5. Who is most interested in Eilis?
6. Who comes to get Sorcha while Father Brien is gone?
(a) Her neighbors.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her brothers.
7. What season is it when Sorcha first lives alone in the forest?
8. Who has Father Brien been caring for?
(b) Eilis's mother.
(d) The prisoner.
9. How long does Sorcha treat Simon?
(a) Several weeks.
(b) Several hours.
(c) Several months.
(d) Several days.
10. Where are the nearest people to Sorcha when she is in the village alone?
(a) The luath.
(b) The prison.
(c) The village.
(d) The castle.
11. Who disappears shortly after Colum introduces the woman he plans to marry?
(b) The Lady of the Forest.
12. How do Sorcha's brothers feel around the woman their father plans to marry?
13. What is the name of Colum's homeland?
14. In what season does Mean Sumhraidh take place?
15. Who tells Sorcha about her new brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father Brien live like?
2. What does Sorcha do at times to distract Simon?
3. Who tells Sorcha about the person's disappearance shortly after Colum introduces the woman he plans to marry?
4. Where does Sorcha live in the forest?
5. Who does Sorcha tell about her visit with the Lady of the Forest?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)