Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does Styron give to the loss of a parent or something early in life?
(a) Insurmountable loss.
(b) Dark depression.
(c) Lifelong loss.
(d) Incomplete mourning.
2. What percentage of artistic types who suffer from depression die from suicide?
3. Which group of people does depression never happen to?
(a) Older people who have gotten a grasp on life.
(b) None are excluded; it attacks all groups.
(c) People younger than their teens.
(d) Mothers who enjoy their role.
4. What is the third stage of psychological development in depression?
(a) Extreme fear of abandonment.
5. What happens to Gary's ex-wife?
(a) She disappeared and was never found again.
(b) She was killed by someone, probably Gary himself.
(c) She shot herself.
(d) She took an overdose of pills and her body was found in a car after several days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Styron's literary guide?
2. What happens to Styron during his museum visit in Paris?
3. What is the second stage of psychological development in depression?
4. What is the old term for depression?
5. What is the hardest piece of writing Styron attempted during his depression?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)