|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reaction does Styron have to a flock of Canadian geese?
(a) He thinks they are graceful.
(b) He is frozen in anxiety at the sight of them.
(c) They temporarily restore his good feelings.
(d) He tries to shoot them.
2. In the depth of his depression in Paris, what does Styron realize he would have to decide?
(a) Whether to tell his wife or not.
(b) The philosophical question of whether life is worth living or not.
(c) Whether to admit it to the press or not.
(d) What doctor to see about it.
3. Who is Styron's literary guide?
(a) Romain Gary.
(b) Cino del Duca.
(c) Albert Camus.
(d) Abbie Hoffman.
4. What happens to Styron's writing as he descends into depression?
(a) He begins to write much faster and more productively.
(b) It eventually becomes non-existent.
(c) His writing doesn't make sense.
(d) He gets published much easier.
5. Who arranges a meeting between Albert Camus and Styron?
(a) Cino del Duco
(b) Rose Styron.
(c) William Styron.
(d) Romain Gary.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Styron when he published his first novel?
2. What does Styron say he will do with the prize money he won?
3. How did Levi commit suicide?
4. Which group of people have more incidence of depression than all others?
5. According to Styron, who wrote about depression and seemed to really understand it?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)