|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Grammatical Fiction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Richard’s sister-in-law married?
(a) A police constable
(b) Johann Rupenstein
(c) Petier Von Luntz
(d) The mayor of Ludenberg
2. What does the prosecutor ask Rubashov about counter-revolutionary movements?
(a) If Rubashov has named any other conspirators
(b) If Rubashov can recite a list of counter-revolutionary actions
(c) If Rubashov wants to denounce the counter-revolution movements
(d) If Rubashov acted as an agent of counter-revolution
3. Why does Rubashov make the speech he makes?
(a) He has been guaranteed life in prison.
(b) He wants to preserve the republic.
(c) He realizes it is too late for anything else.
(d) He realizes he no longer cares.
4. What does Ivanov say is incompatible with social progress?
(a) Respect for the individual
(b) Allowing the masses to have luxury
(d) Giving the people enough to eat
5. How much did Rubashov have to pay for the taxi ride he took when he left Richard?
(b) Thirty rubles
(c) Twenty marks
(d) Ten dollars
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rubashov think Gletkin represents?
2. Why is Rubashov allowed to remain in bed on his first morning in prison?
3. With whom was Richard’s wife having an affair?
4. What does Rubashov think is the real reason he is innocent of all charges?
5. What is the name of Richard’s wife?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)