|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Grammatical Fiction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the prosecutor ask Rubashov about counter-revolutionary movements?
(a) If Rubashov wants to denounce the counter-revolution movements
(b) If Rubashov can recite a list of counter-revolutionary actions
(c) If Rubashov has named any other conspirators
(d) If Rubashov acted as an agent of counter-revolution
2. What does No. 1 believe justifies his harsh methods?
(a) Justification is not necessary.
(b) The ends justify the means.
(c) He is the absolute authority on everything.
(d) The past justifies the future.
3. What does Richard think people need to be told?
(a) The people need to be told the truth.
(b) Richard does not have an opinion on what to tell the people
(c) The Party’s will determination is unbeatable.
(d) The Party is strong and growing.
4. What did Rubashov mean to study when he was a boy?
5. What does Rubashov say he will explain to the judges?
(a) Why No. 1 is not fit to rule the country
(b) What types of counter-revolutionary movements he led
(c) What led him to capitulate to the investigating magistrate
(d) Why the revolution has failed
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rubashov, how much time has passed since he slept with a woman?
2. What is an execution called in prison?
3. What does Wallilij do occasionally as he listens to the newspaper account?
4. From what does Rubashov tell Ivanov all of Ivanov’s examples are taken?
5. To what round is Rubashov attached for daily exercise?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)