|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Grammatical Fiction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Ivanov’s bad leg?
(a) It is full of shrapnel.
(b) The knee is frozen.
(c) It is artificial.
(d) It is shorter than the other.
2. What book does Ivanov say should never have been written?
(a) War and Peace
(b) Crime and Punishment
(c) The Gulag Archipelago
(d) Anna Karenina
3. What does Rubashov think the barber looks like?
(a) A farmer
(b) An actor
(c) A mechanic or locksmith
(d) His former brother-in-law
4. What does Rubashov think about the Party’s results after he runs out of cigarettes?
(a) The principles were right, the results wrong.
(b) The Party could not foresee the results.
(c) The Party was completely wrong.
(d) The results were right.
5. What does Ivanov say would have made Raskolnikov innocent of a crime?
(a) If he had killed the old woman for the party
(b) If the old woman had fought against Raskolnikov
(c) If he had not killed a second person
(d) If it had been done in a different country
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two types of cases that could be used in court for Rubashov?
2. What does Rubashov think is the reason Gletkin reads in a monotone?
3. With whom was Richard’s wife having an affair?
4. What is something Rubashov notices about his body shortly before they shoot him?
5. What does Ivanov call Rubashov’s emotional state?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)