|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Grammatical Fiction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does No. 1 believe justifies his harsh methods?
(a) Justification is not necessary.
(b) The past justifies the future.
(c) He is the absolute authority on everything.
(d) The ends justify the means.
2. What happened to Arlova?
(a) She died after a long illness.
(b) She was executed.
(c) She killed herself.
(d) She married an Englishman and moved.
3. Why is Ivanov arrested?
(a) He is a friend of Rubashov’s
(b) He conducted Rubashov’s interview negligently
(c) He spoke out against No. 1
(d) He advocates overthrow of the government
4. What does Rubashov say the present day theorists’ job in government is?
(a) To prove that a change in course by No.1 is a revelation of philosophy
(b) To render the laws comprehensible
(c) To show the party where the people must be manipulated
(d) To take the philosophy of government and make it practical
5. What does Wassilij think about when the reader reads about the recess?
(a) Wassilij telling Rubashov not to capitulate
(b) Wassilij talking late into the night with Rubashov
(c) Rubashov returning on crutches from a foreign country
(d) Rubashov leading the charge when he was head of the battalion
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rubashov call the light in the room where his third hearing is held?
2. How did Little Loewy die?
3. What did Wassilij hide in his mattress?
4. What does Ivanov call Rubashov’s emotional state?
5. What does Rubashov think the best of them do when condemned to die?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)