|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Grammatical Fiction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Rubashov’s friends’ rationale for convincing him not to help Arlova?
(a) Rubashov cannot change the system if he is kicked out of the system
(b) That Rubashov is more valuable to the revolution
(c) That she was obviously doing something wrong
(d) You can’t save them all
2. What does Ivanov call Rubashov’s accuser?
(a) The man
3. What does Rubashov say is suicide for the revolution?
(a) Humanitarian weakness when the masses are not mature
(b) Saving a country by saving people
(c) To question whether humans are good
(d) Deciding that death is better than prison
4. For what reason does Kieffer beg his life be spared?
(a) He was led astray by Rubashov.
(b) He is very young.
(c) He could not help who his father was.
(d) He did not mean to say any of it.
5. What does Rubashov know would stop the hearings?
(a) To begin accusations against Gletkin
(b) To kill himself
(c) To agree to everything or to deny everything
(d) To sleep through the hearings
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the reader say the cell secretary asks her?
2. What relative of Arlova’s was arrested over there?
3. What does Rubashov think Gletkin represents?
4. What does Rubashov think the best of them do when condemned to die?
5. What does Rubashov shout out his door as the breakfast crew is leaving his hallway?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)