|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Grammatical Fiction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what was Rubashov’s suitcase filled when he met a man in southern Germany in 1933?
(a) Guns and ammunition
(b) Dental equipment novelties
(c) Pamphlets against the party
(d) New clothes and passports
2. What is the last thing prisoner 380 yelled as he is pulled down the corridor?
(a) Death to No. 1
(b) The revolution is dead
(d) Stalin devil
3. What does Hare-lip say Rubashov called Hare-lip’s father the last time they saw each other?
(a) A counter-revolutionary
(b) A hopeless romantic
(c) An old fool and Don Quixote
(d) A simpleton
4. What does Ivanov say has driven many to martyrdom?
(a) False beliefs
(b) Moral cowardice
(d) Exhaustion and depression
5. What does the resolution that the reader signed demand?
(a) That a new trial take place for Rubashov
(b) That Rubashov be exterminated
(c) That Rubashov be released
(d) That Rubashov be sent to Siberia
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wassilij not protest the removal of Rubashov’s picture off the wall?
2. What did Rubashov talk about with a diplomat of a foreign power which Gletkin says was a conversation to get a foreign power to overthrow the government?
3. To what round is Rubashov attached for daily exercise?
4. What does Rubashov think is the reason Gletkin reads in a monotone?
5. What does Hare-lip say is the what Rubashov says is the way No. 1 will no longer be in power?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)