|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Hearing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Rubashov allowed to remain in bed on his first morning in prison?
(a) He claims to have a toothache.
(b) The rules are not posted in his cell.
(c) He has not been processed yet.
(d) He tells them he has the flu.
2. What does Rubashov say is the one argument the party has to settle a difference of opinion?
(a) The consequence is obvious
(b) Death to opposition
(c) The masses are like sheep
(d) The state has the power
3. What does Rubashov do with his confession before supper?
(a) He flushes it down the john
(b) He reads it again and makes two corrections
(c) He tears it up
(d) He hands it to a guard
4. What does Ivanov say are the two conceptions of human ethics?
(a) Humane and inhumane
(b) Christian and humane
(c) Natural and man-made
(d) Humane and collective aim
5. About how long does it take to travel to the prison from Rubashov’s home?
(a) One hour
(b) Two days
(c) Thirty minutes
(d) One day
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Rubashov think the games are played too well in the Trade delegation?
2. When is Rubashov taken from his cell after turning in his confession?
3. What does the logic of history say must happen in a regime?
4. How did Little Loewy die?
5. What is the one charge against Rubashov which is dropped?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)