|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Hearing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does No. 402 tell Rubashov after Rubashov reveals his name?
(a) How the mighty doth fall.
(b) Serves you right.
(c) I am innocent.
(d) Why are you here?
2. To what round is Rubashov attached for daily exercise?
(a) First round
(b) Fourth round
(c) Second round
(d) Third round
3. What does the officer handing out breakfast tell the warden is missing in Rubashov’s cell?
(a) A mop for the floor
(b) A towel
(c) A chair at the desk
(d) Soap at the sink
4. What happens in the trade delegation library shortly before the second great trial of the opposition?
(a) Most of the written material is taken and replaced
(b) The library is burned
(c) There is no library in the trade building
(d) The library is shut down
5. What profession did No. 406 have?
(a) Industrial manager
(b) Sociology teacher
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rubashov say is the reason he is lost?
2. What does No. 402 call No. 406?
3. Why does Rubashov feel sorry for Prisoner 402?
4. What does Ivanov say are the two conceptions of human ethics?
5. What is an execution called in prison?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)