|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Hearing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relative of Arlova’s was arrested over there?
(a) Her father
(b) Her mother
(c) Her sister
(d) Her brother
2. What is the quadratic alphabet?
(a) It is a square which is filled in with letters for communicating.
(b) It is the number of paces .in a cell times three divided by one half.
(c) There is no such thing.
(d) It is related to the way the sun hits a sundial.
3. What does Rubashov think about the Party’s results after he runs out of cigarettes?
(a) The Party could not foresee the results.
(b) The results were right.
(c) The Party was completely wrong.
(d) The principles were right, the results wrong.
4. When No. 402 proclaims the emperor, what does Rubashov say to him?
(b) Don’t say that so loud.
(c) The emperor is dead.
(d) I agree.
5. What does No. 1 believe justifies his harsh methods?
(a) He is the absolute authority on everything.
(b) The past justifies the future.
(c) Justification is not necessary.
(d) The ends justify the means.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ivanov believes that he is what kind of person? What kind of person does Ivanov believe Gletkin to be?
2. What does Rubashov say is the one argument the party has to settle a difference of opinion?
3. With whom was Richard’s wife having an affair?
4. How did Little Loewy die?
5. What is Rubashov dreaming about when officials come to arrest him?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)