|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Hearing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the car, what does Rubashov tell the younger official the official should study?
(a) The Party's history
(b) How to get people on your side
(c) World events
(d) The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire
2. What does Rubashov think molded him and Ivanov to be very similar people?
(a) Fighting in a war
(b) The give and take of being outside the country so often
(c) The intense environment of the party
(d) Both knowing No. 1 so well
3. Where does Rubashov meet with Little Loewy?
(a) On the Rhine River
(b) In Germany
(c) In a Belgian port
(d) In Russia
4. What does 402 tell Rubashov is happening the night the prison feels different?
(a) Sympathizers are going to break into the prison
(b) Political differences are being settled
(c) He does not know what is happening
(d) The prison guards are being changed
5. What does Ivanov say are the two conceptions of human ethics?
(a) Natural and man-made
(b) Christian and humane
(c) Humane and collective aim
(d) Humane and inhumane
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard think people need to be told?
2. With what does Rubashov say he and the other leaders of the revolution replaced vision?
3. What does Rubashov want to ask the warden for when they arrive at his cell?
4. What job did Rubashov hold?
5. What kind of stories did the prisoner in cell 402 often tell?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)