|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Hearing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the prisoners do when prisoner 380 is taken to be killed?
(a) Sing a hymn
(b) Tap on the door the code for rest in peace, over and over
(c) Stand at the spy hole and drum
(d) Yell anti-government slogans
2. When No. 402 proclaims the emperor, what does Rubashov say to him?
(a) I agree.
(b) Don’t say that so loud.
(d) The emperor is dead.
3. How did Vassilij get the scar on his neck?
(a) On a hunting trip
(b) Fighting the Germans
(c) Fighting in the civil war
(d) In a farming accident with a threshing machine
4. What does Rubashov think the barber looks like?
(a) An actor
(b) A farmer
(c) His former brother-in-law
(d) A mechanic or locksmith
5. What relative of Arlova’s was arrested over there?
(a) Her father
(b) Her mother
(c) Her brother
(d) Her sister
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rubashov think about the Party’s results after he runs out of cigarettes?
2. What message does Rubashov receive about what he should do when his trial is over?
3. How many minutes were the prisoners not in isolation allowed to walk outside?
4. What does 406 draw for Rubashov one day when exercising?
5. What does Rubashov do first when they lock him in his cell?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)