|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Hearing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many minutes were the prisoners not in isolation allowed to walk outside?
(a) Thirty minutes
(b) Fifteen minutes
(c) An hour
(d) Twenty minutes
2. What does 406 draw for Rubashov one day when exercising?
(a) A map of the area
(b) A picture of No. 1
(c) A picture of his wife
(d) A picture of the prison
3. What does Rubashov think about the Party’s results after he runs out of cigarettes?
(a) The principles were right, the results wrong.
(b) The Party was completely wrong.
(c) The Party could not foresee the results.
(d) The results were right.
4. How many paces is Rubashov’s cell?
(b) Six and a half
(c) Seven and a half
5. About how long does it take to travel to the prison from Rubashov’s home?
(a) Two days
(b) One hour
(c) Thirty minutes
(d) One day
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two types of cases that could be used in court for Rubashov?
2. What kind of stories did the prisoner in cell 402 often tell?
3. What do the prisoners do when prisoner 380 is taken to be killed?
4. What is wrong with Ivanov’s bad leg?
5. What book does No. 1 keep on his desk at all times?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)