|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Hearing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what new job is Arlova appointed?
(a) To be the secretary for Rubashov’s superior
(b) To monitor the talk in the canteen
(c) To write a new biography of No. 1
(d) To be a librarian and monitor the political correctness of books
2. What happened to Arlova?
(a) She killed herself.
(b) She was executed.
(c) She married an Englishman and moved.
(d) She died after a long illness.
3. How did Little Loewy die?
(a) He was shot by a Party member.
(b) He fell off a ship.
(c) A heavy crate fell on him while unloading a ship.
(d) He hanged himself.
4. What is the name of Richard’s wife?
5. What does Ivanov say would have made Raskolnikov innocent of a crime?
(a) If he had not killed a second person
(b) If he had killed the old woman for the party
(c) If it had been done in a different country
(d) If the old woman had fought against Raskolnikov
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Rubashov have to pay for the taxi ride he took when he left Richard?
2. Where does Rubashov meet with Little Loewy?
3. What does Ivanov call all the deaths that have occurred since the revolution?
4. What does the officer handing out breakfast tell the warden is missing in Rubashov’s cell?
5. How many paces is Rubashov’s cell?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)