|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Hearing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When No. 402 proclaims the emperor, what does Rubashov say to him?
(a) Don’t say that so loud.
(b) I agree.
(d) The emperor is dead.
2. How many paces is Rubashov’s cell?
(c) Six and a half
(d) Seven and a half
3. To whom is Richard’s sister-in-law married?
(a) A police constable
(b) The mayor of Ludenberg
(c) Johann Rupenstein
(d) Petier Von Luntz
4. What is Rubashov dreaming about when officials come to arrest him?
(a) His wife and children who were killed
(b) His first trip outside the country
(c) Leaving Russia and living in France
(d) His first arrest
5. What is the quadratic alphabet?
(a) It is a square which is filled in with letters for communicating.
(b) There is no such thing.
(c) It is related to the way the sun hits a sundial.
(d) It is the number of paces .in a cell times three divided by one half.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill, a man Little Loewy and Rubashov meet, do for a living?
2. What does Rubashov want to ask the warden for when they arrive at his cell?
3. What does Little Loewy smoke?
4. As Rubashov is lying in his cell the first morning, what does he think will happen to him?
5. What was the last position Ivanov held in the military when he was over Rubashov?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)