|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Hearing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Little Loewy smoke?
(c) A sailor’s pipe
(d) A corncob pipe
2. With what was Rubashov’s suitcase filled when he met a man in southern Germany in 1933?
(a) New clothes and passports
(b) Guns and ammunition
(c) Dental equipment novelties
(d) Pamphlets against the party
3. What was the last position Ivanov held in the military when he was over Rubashov?
(a) Battalion commander
(b) He was never in the military with Rubashov.
(c) Platoon Lieutenant
(d) Company commander
4. What does Bill, a man Little Loewy and Rubashov meet, do for a living?
(a) He is a dockworker
(b) He is a banker
(c) Writes novels
(d) Writes articles for party magazines
5. As Rubashov paces his cell, what does he wonder about No. 1 ?
(a) Whether No. 1 ever really believed the party line
(b) What No. 1 might be doing at the moment
(c) Whether anyone can kill No. 1
(d) What goes on inside No. 1’s brain
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rubashov think about the Party’s results after he runs out of cigarettes?
2. How much did Rubashov have to pay for the taxi ride he took when he left Richard?
3. What is the quadratic alphabet?
4. What are the two types of cases that could be used in court for Rubashov?
5. Why is Rubashov allowed to remain in bed on his first morning in prison?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)