|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Hearing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Rubashov allowed to remain in bed on his first morning in prison?
(a) The rules are not posted in his cell.
(b) He tells them he has the flu.
(c) He claims to have a toothache.
(d) He has not been processed yet.
2. According to Rubashov, how much time has passed since he slept with a woman?
(a) Three weeks
(b) A month
(c) One year
(d) Two weeks
3. What does Rubashov think about the Party’s results after he runs out of cigarettes?
(a) The principles were right, the results wrong.
(b) The Party could not foresee the results.
(c) The Party was completely wrong.
(d) The results were right.
4. Who reads the newspaper to Vassilij?
(a) His wife
(b) No one, he reads them himself
(c) His daughter
(d) His son
5. With what was Rubashov’s suitcase filled when he met a man in southern Germany in 1933?
(a) New clothes and passports
(b) Dental equipment novelties
(c) Pamphlets against the party
(d) Guns and ammunition
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the last position Ivanov held in the military when he was over Rubashov?
2. How many paces is Rubashov’s cell?
3. What does the doctor say is wrong with Rubashov’s tooth?
4. Where does Rubashov meet with Little Loewy?
5. About how long does it take to travel to the prison from Rubashov’s home?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)