|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Hearing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bill, a man Little Loewy and Rubashov meet, do for a living?
(a) He is a dockworker
(b) He is a banker
(c) Writes articles for party magazines
(d) Writes novels
2. How does Rubashov become deaf?
(a) He was born deaf in one ear.
(b) He had scarlet fever when he was a boy.
(c) He is hit behind the ear with a pistol.
(d) He ran artillery in the army.
3. What awakens Rubashov at seven in the morning?
(a) The sunlight through the window
(b) A bugle call
(c) A guard banging on his door
(d) A person in the next cell screaming
4. What job did Rubashov hold?
(a) Colonel in the army
(b) College professor
(c) Commissar of the People
5. What was the last position Ivanov held in the military when he was over Rubashov?
(a) Battalion commander
(b) Company commander
(c) Platoon Lieutenant
(d) He was never in the military with Rubashov.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rubashov ask No. 1 for while Rubashov is still on crutches?
2. What is wrong with Ivanov’s bad leg?
3. What does Little Loewy smoke?
4. What does Rubashov think about the Party’s results after he runs out of cigarettes?
5. Who reads the newspaper to Vassilij?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)