|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Hearing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what was Rubashov’s suitcase filled when he met a man in southern Germany in 1933?
(a) Pamphlets against the party
(b) New clothes and passports
(c) Guns and ammunition
(d) Dental equipment novelties
2. With what does the younger official bang on Rubashov’s door?
(a) A piece of wood
(b) His hand
(c) The butt of a pistol
(d) A railroad spike
3. To whom is Richard’s sister-in-law married?
(a) A police constable
(b) The mayor of Ludenberg
(c) Petier Von Luntz
(d) Johann Rupenstein
4. What does Little Loewy smoke?
(a) A sailor’s pipe
(c) A corncob pipe
5. What kind of trick does Secretary Paul do?
(a) Moving his hat with his ears
(b) Telling a person’s weight by looking at them
(c) Spinning coins over his knuckles
(d) Pulling carrots out of hats
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the officer handing out breakfast tell the warden is missing in Rubashov’s cell?
2. When No. 402 proclaims the emperor, what does Rubashov say to him?
3. What are the two types of cases that could be used in court for Rubashov?
4. Why is Rubashov allowed to remain in bed on his first morning in prison?
5. What does No. 402 tell Rubashov after Rubashov reveals his name?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)