|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Hearing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rubashov become deaf?
(a) He ran artillery in the army.
(b) He had scarlet fever when he was a boy.
(c) He was born deaf in one ear.
(d) He is hit behind the ear with a pistol.
2. What does Rubashov do first when they lock him in his cell?
(a) Uses the toilet
(b) Lies down
(c) Lights a cigarette
(d) Screams at the guard
3. As Rubashov is lying in his cell the first morning, what does he think will happen to him?
(a) He will be released.
(b) He will be in prison for several years.
(c) He will be sent to Siberia.
(d) He will be shot.
4. What job did Rubashov hold?
(b) Commissar of the People
(c) College professor
(d) Colonel in the army
5. What does Richard say about the material the Party sent him to distribute?
(a) It was written very well.
(b) It was full of nonsense.
(c) It had just the right tone.
(d) It was written for the lowest of peasants.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Vassilij get the scar on his neck?
2. What kind of car do the officials drive who come to arrest Rubashov?
3. What is the quadratic alphabet?
4. How did Little Loewy die?
5. When No. 402 proclaims the emperor, what does Rubashov say to him?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)