|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Grammatical Fiction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rubashov think about when he is thinking about suffering?
(a) All suffering is good for the soul
(b) Suffering is the only thing the revolution has not eliminated
(c) There is a difference between pointless and meaningful suffering.
(d) Suffering is bad for the advancement of humanity
2. From where does Rubashov’s new exercise partner come?
(b) Province W
(c) Province D
(d) East Germany
3. What did Wassilij hide in his mattress?
(a) A gun
(b) A new passport
(c) A picture of Lenin
(d) A Bible
4. Why is Ivanov arrested?
(a) He spoke out against No. 1
(b) He advocates overthrow of the government
(c) He is a friend of Rubashov’s
(d) He conducted Rubashov’s interview negligently
5. What is wrong with Ivanov’s bad leg?
(a) The knee is frozen.
(b) It is shorter than the other.
(c) It is artificial.
(d) It is full of shrapnel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard say about the material the Party sent him to distribute?
2. What does Rubashov say has always been his motives for anything?
3. Who appoints the examining magistrate?
4. What does Ivanov say is incompatible with social progress?
5. As Rubashov is lying in his cell the first morning, what does he think will happen to him?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)