|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Hearing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivanov say would have made Raskolnikov innocent of a crime?
(a) If it had been done in a different country
(b) If he had killed the old woman for the party
(c) If he had not killed a second person
(d) If the old woman had fought against Raskolnikov
2. What was Rubashov’s friends’ rationale for convincing him not to help Arlova?
(a) That she was obviously doing something wrong
(b) You can’t save them all
(c) Rubashov cannot change the system if he is kicked out of the system
(d) That Rubashov is more valuable to the revolution
3. What does Bill, a man Little Loewy and Rubashov meet, do for a living?
(a) He is a dockworker
(b) He is a banker
(c) Writes novels
(d) Writes articles for party magazines
4. To what round is Rubashov attached for daily exercise?
(a) Third round
(b) First round
(c) Second round
(d) Fourth round
5. What does Ivanov call Rubashov’s accuser?
(b) The man
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of stories did the prisoner in cell 402 often tell?
2. Who reads the newspaper to Vassilij?
3. What does 402 tell Rubashov is happening the night the prison feels different?
4. What book does Ivanov say should never have been written?
5. What does Rubashov ask No. 1 for while Rubashov is still on crutches?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)