|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Hearing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rubashov do with his confession before supper?
(a) He tears it up
(b) He reads it again and makes two corrections
(c) He hands it to a guard
(d) He flushes it down the john
2. According to Rubashov, how much time has passed since he slept with a woman?
(a) Three weeks
(b) One year
(c) A month
(d) Two weeks
3. As Rubashov is lying in his cell the first morning, what does he think will happen to him?
(a) He will be in prison for several years.
(b) He will be shot.
(c) He will be released.
(d) He will be sent to Siberia.
4. What kind of stories did the prisoner in cell 402 often tell?
(a) Anecdotes about his father, a blacksmith
(b) Anecdotes about the officer’s mess
(c) Stories of his life in America
(d) Stories of his girlfriends
5. What does Rubashov consider the new generation of Communists to be?
(a) Modern Neanderthalers
(b) Peasants playing at government
(c) Desecrators of history
(d) Children with no concept of revolution
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rubashov say is suicide for the revolution?
2. Ivanov believes that he is what kind of person? What kind of person does Ivanov believe Gletkin to be?
3. Why does Rubashov think that Gletkin has nothing to erase?
4. What does Rubashov think about the Party’s results after he runs out of cigarettes?
5. What does Ivanov say would have made Raskolnikov innocent of a crime?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)