|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Hearing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message does Rubashov receive about what he should do when his trial is over?
(a) Die in silence
(b) Find his wife
(c) Move to Europe
(d) Kill No. 1
2. What does 402 say when Rubashov tells him Rubashov is capitulating?
(a) He tells Rubashov he is a coward
(b) He tells Rubashov that 402 is going to do the same
(c) He tells Rubashov he is very brave
(d) 402 says he rather hang
3. What does Gletkin say is the reason Gletkin did not give in to torture?
(a) He fainted.
(b) He did give into torture.
(c) He believes in Communism too strongly.
(d) He has a rare disease in which his nerves do not feel pain.
4. What does Rubashov say is history’s mortar?
(a) War, deception and power
(b) Belief, blood and bravery
(c) Blood, mud, and lies
(d) Lies, soap, and religion
5. What does Rubashov think is the reason Gletkin reads in a monotone?
(a) Gletkin does not want Rubashov to hear what Gletkin is reading.
(b) Gletkin learned to read late in life.
(c) He is trying to make Rubashov sleepy.
(d) He is trying to make the accusations difficult to understand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does No. 402 tell Rubashov after Rubashov reveals his name?
2. What does Gletkin say is the reason peasants in industrial positions should be shot for even minor infractions of the law?
3. What do the prisoners do when prisoner 380 is taken to be killed?
4. With what was Rubashov’s suitcase filled when he met a man in southern Germany in 1933?
5. What does Rubashov say is suicide for the revolution?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)