|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Hearing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the method by which Rubashov’s accusations say he was going to end No. 1’s life?
(a) Poison in his nightly tea
(b) His cold lunch sandwich
(c) Long range rifle
(d) Switching out his medications
2. What was the last position Ivanov held in the military when he was over Rubashov?
(a) Battalion commander
(b) Platoon Lieutenant
(c) He was never in the military with Rubashov.
(d) Company commander
3. From where does Rubashov’s new exercise partner come?
(b) Province D
(c) Province W
(d) East Germany
4. When is Rubashov taken from his cell after turning in his confession?
(a) At two in the morning on the third day
(b) At eight in the morning of the second day
(c) In the afternoon of the third day
(d) Within two hours of turning his confession over to the warder
5. In the car, what does Rubashov tell the younger official the official should study?
(a) The Party's history
(b) How to get people on your side
(c) World events
(d) The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the agriculturist who is killed believe is the best fertilizer?
2. How did Vassilij get the scar on his neck?
3. What does Rubashov ask No. 1 for while Rubashov is still on crutches?
4. What relative of Arlova’s was arrested over there?
5. With whom was Richard’s wife having an affair?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)