|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Hearing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession did No. 406 have?
(c) Industrial manager
(d) Sociology teacher
2. What happens to Rubashov over the next several days following his first interview with Gletkin?
(a) He is taken to court for his trial
(b) He is taken in for cross-examination with little sleep
(c) He is left alone
(d) He is moved to a different part of the prison
3. In the car, what does Rubashov tell the younger official the official should study?
(a) The Party's history
(b) World events
(c) How to get people on your side
(d) The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire
4. What does Richard think people need to be told?
(a) The people need to be told the truth.
(b) Richard does not have an opinion on what to tell the people
(c) The Party’s will determination is unbeatable.
(d) The Party is strong and growing.
5. Who appoints the examining magistrate?
(a) The local party chairman
(b) The authorities
(c) No. 1
(d) The warden
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the agriculturist who is killed believe is the best fertilizer?
2. To what round is Rubashov attached for daily exercise?
3. What job did Rubashov hold?
4. What does Rubashov say has always been his motives for anything?
5. What does Gletkin say is the reason Gletkin did not give in to torture?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)