The First Hearing
1. What does Rubashov do first when they lock him in his cell?
(a) Lies down
(b) Screams at the guard
(c) Lights a cigarette
(d) Uses the toilet
2. What job did Rubashov hold?
(a) Commissar of the People
(c) Colonel in the army
(d) College professor
3. What is Rubashov dreaming about when officials come to arrest him?
(a) His first trip outside the country
(b) His first arrest
(c) Leaving Russia and living in France
(d) His wife and children who were killed
4. How does Rubashov become deaf?
(a) He ran artillery in the army.
(b) He had scarlet fever when he was a boy.
(c) He was born deaf in one ear.
(d) He is hit behind the ear with a pistol.
5. What picture hangs over Rubashov’s bed at home?
(a) A picture of his family
(b) A picture of the Red army taking over the tsar’s palace
(c) A picture of a vacation spot in France
(d) A picture of No. 1
This section contains 5,573 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)