|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 24, Deborah signed out of work to go to ________.
(a) Dexter's house.
(b) Her apartment.
(c) The ice rink.
(d) The harbor.
2. At the end of the novel, Dexter says he is going to call on ______ at the next full moon.
(a) Sergeant Doakes.
3. By ______ Deborah says she will come back to get Dexter in Chapter 23.
(a) 4 pm.
(b) 12 pm.
(c) 8 am.
(d) 3 am.
4. According to Harry, the Last Nurse kills by ______ her patients.
5. ______ had once taken Dexter to a New Age Health Awareness Workshop which had stressed the importance of deep cleansing breaths.
6. ______ knows Dexter's dark secret.
(a) Sergeant Doakes.
7. When asked, "wha' kinda cop you are, ha?" Dexter replies, "I'm a ______."
(a) Nerd cop.
(c) Homicide detective.
(d) Forensic Investigator.
8. Who discovers Jamie's body?
(a) Gervasio Martez.
(b) Sergio Rodriguez.
(c) Michael Sloan.
9. In Chapter 25, Dexter says he felt like ______'s poster child, and he wanted to go home and go to bed.
(a) Francis Bacon.
(c) Sigmund Freud.
(d) Friedrich Nietzsche.
10. How many girls does Jamie confess to taking?
11. All of the following letters are on the side of the truck in Chapter 23, except for which?
12. ______ do not like Dexter and they quite often disapprove of what he does to their masters.
13. In Dexter's childhood memory, he is sitting in a pool of ______.
(b) Swamp water.
14. Who is the Metro-Miami police spokesperson?
15. All of the following items are found in or around the heads in Chapter 19, except for which item?
(a) A mirror.
(b) A toy truck.
(d) A Barbie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dexter begins to think that ______ is the Tamiami Trail killer.
2. Dexter dreams he has killed ______ women in Chapter 19.
3. Dexter was ______ when Deborah disappeared.
4. Who has jurisdiction at the Office Depot Center?
5. The statement, "and there I was out over the city like a boneless bird, flowing and swift and the cold air moved around me..." comes from where?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)