|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Dexter been dating his girlfriend?
(a) Three years.
(b) A year.
(c) Six months.
(d) A year and a half.
2. After killing Father Donovan, Dexter states that the Code of _____ was satisfied.
3. Captain Matthews tells LaGuerta that ______ is going to maintain a peripheral involvement in this case.
4. Who confesses to being the Tamiami Trail killer?
(a) Carlile Valentine.
(b) Earl McHale.
(c) Charley Walker.
5. What object does Dexter imagine bringing home?
(a) The crime scene photos.
(b) The rear-view mirror.
(c) The decapitated head.
(d) The refrigerated truck.
6. In what state does the novel take place?
(c) New York.
7. Who says, "you're different, Dexter. But you can learn to control that difference and use it constructively"?
8. Who makes an arrest in the Tamiami Trail case?
9. Dexter reveals in Chapter 4 that the one big clue of the day was the ______.
(a) Right leg.
(b) Right arm.
(c) Left arm.
(d) Left leg.
10. What are the name of Rita's kids?
(a) Carl and Abby.
(b) Christopher and Allison.
(c) Cody and Astor.
(d) Cory and Ashley.
11. "That Stanley Cup year, every time the Panthers scored the fans threw three or four thousand ______ onto the rink.
(a) Plastic panthers.
(b) Plastic roses.
(c) Plastic rats.
(d) Plastic cups.
12. According to Dexter, why did the murder suspect not finish cutting his latest victim?
(a) He forgot.
(b) The thrill was gone.
(c) He was interrupted.
(d) His blade wasn't sharp enough.
13. Who is the narrator waiting and watching for in Chapter 1?
(a) Father Donovan.
(b) Father Pepperidge.
(c) Pastor Perry.
(d) Pastor Cullen.
14. What type of weapon was used in the double homicide crime scene Dexter is working?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A chainsaw.
(c) An axe.
(d) A rock.
15. What is the narrator's foster father's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dexter referring to when he says, "bravo, Miss Marple"?
2. Where do Dexter and his girlfriend go for their date?
3. ______ is a part of Miami that sleeps.
4. Who says, "I guess it's possible to miss a lot of obvious things, Detective"?
5. Who finds the refrigerated truck used to transport the decapitated bodies in Chapter 11?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)