|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator explains how he secures the priest to the table with ______.
(a) Plastic wrap.
(b) Fishing wire.
(d) Duct tape.
2. Who suspects there is something up with Dexter?
3. Dexter says that however coarse and brutal Daryll Earl looked, the real threat to society was ______.
4. What type of vehicle passes Dexter, throws an object at his car, and jumps the raising draw bridge?
(a) An SUV.
(b) A limo.
(c) A refrigerated truck.
(d) A taxi cab.
5. In context, the word "artist" in Chapter 10, best means ______.
6. Who is nicknamed "Einstein"?
7. Who is Dexter dating?
8. Who says, "I heard you were here and couldn't stay away. Please, Detective, when will you marry me?"
9. Father Donovan notices ______ small mounds of earth in the garden.
10. Dexter refers to thugs, robbers, and crackheads as ______.
11. Dexter says that he has a small reputation for ______.
12. The narrator is wearing all of the following in Chapter 1, except for which?
13. Where do Dexter and his girlfriend go for their date?
(b) The movies.
14. The narrator considers himself to be a ______ monster.
15. What does Dexter determine the symbolism of the rear-view mirror to be?
(a) Back up.
(b) I see you.
(c) Where are you.
(d) Who's behind me.
Short Answer Questions
1. Captain Matthews tells LaGuerta that ______ is going to maintain a peripheral involvement in this case.
2. What type of souvenir from his victims does Dexter keep?
3. What language does Dexter say seems to be a race against an invisible stopwatch and to get out as much as possible in three-second bursts without using any consonants?
4. In Chapter 1, where has the narrator been hiding?
5. When Dexter tells Deborah, "she doesn't like you, and she doesn't want you on her turf" who is he referring to?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)