|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes an arrest in the Tamiami Trail case?
2. Where do Dexter and his girlfriend go for their date?
(c) The movies.
3. Who killed the seven orphaned children?
(c) Father Donovan.
4. When Dexter tells Deborah, "she doesn't like you, and she doesn't want you on her turf" who is he referring to?
5. In what city do the murders in the novel take place?
(c) South Beach.
6. Metro-Dade has a policy of pulling the homicide team together approximately _____ after a murder.
(a) 48 hours.
(b) 24 hours.
(c) 72 hours.
(d) 60 minutes.
7. What type of vehicle does Dexter suggest the murder suspect uses to transport the bodies?
(a) A limo.
(b) A pickup truck.
(c) A refrigerated truck.
(d) A taxi cab.
8. Who is the very large black man with an injured air of permanent hostility?
(a) Sergeant Mitchell.
(b) Sergeant Matthews.
(c) Sergeant Stokes.
(d) Sergeant Doakes.
9. Who is the narrator waiting and watching for in Chapter 1?
(a) Pastor Perry.
(b) Father Pepperidge.
(c) Father Donovan.
(d) Pastor Cullen.
10. What does Dexter determine the symbolism of the rear-view mirror to be?
(a) I see you.
(b) Who's behind me.
(c) Back up.
(d) Where are you.
11. Where is the decapitated body found in Chapter 10?
(a) In the dumpster.
(b) In the goalie's net.
(c) In the refrigerated truck.
(d) In Dexter's house.
12. According to Dexter, why did the murder suspect not finish cutting his latest victim?
(a) The thrill was gone.
(b) His blade wasn't sharp enough.
(c) He was interrupted.
(d) He forgot.
13. How did Dexter's foster mom die?
(a) Car accident.
14. What object does Angel hold up at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) A red shoe.
(b) A side-view mirror.
(c) A rear-view mirror.
(d) A barbie doll.
15. What is the tattoo of on the ankle of the murder victim in Chapter 3?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A rose.
(c) A heart.
(d) A bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds the refrigerated truck used to transport the decapitated bodies in Chapter 11?
2. According to Deborah, in the last month ______ refrigerated trucks have been reported stolen.
3. In context to Chapter 1, the word "mess" refers to what?
4. Who unexpectedly calls Dexter in Chapter 13?
5. In Chapter 1, where has the narrator been hiding?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)