|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dexter find attached to his refrigerator?
(a) A drawing of a smile face.
(b) A picture of the crime scene.
(c) A Barbie doll's head.
(d) A letter.
2. The narrator considers himself to be a ______ monster.
3. Who suspects there is something up with Dexter?
4. Dexter refers to thugs, robbers, and crackheads as ______.
5. Who does Dexter tell about his discovery in his refrigerator?
6. What is the narrator's foster father's name?
7. What does Dexter determine the symbolism of the rear-view mirror to be?
(a) I see you.
(b) Where are you.
(c) Who's behind me.
(d) Back up.
8. Captain Matthews tells LaGuerta that ______ is going to maintain a peripheral involvement in this case.
9. What is unusual about the crime scene in Chapter 2?
(a) There is no blood.
(b) There is no body.
(c) There is no skin.
(d) There is no evidence.
10. Father Donovan notices ______ small mounds of earth in the garden.
11. When asked, "what are you?" the narrator replies, "the beginning. And the end. Meet your ______, Father."
12. What object does Dexter imagine bringing home?
(a) The rear-view mirror.
(b) The refrigerated truck.
(c) The decapitated head.
(d) The crime scene photos.
13. "That Stanley Cup year, every time the Panthers scored the fans threw three or four thousand ______ onto the rink.
(a) Plastic rats.
(b) Plastic cups.
(c) Plastic panthers.
(d) Plastic roses.
14. What is cell crystallization?
(a) Cells that crystallize from heat.
(b) Cells that crystallize from salt.
(c) Cells that crystallize from cold.
(d) Cells that crystallize from water.
15. Where does Deborah and Dexter go to eat breakfast in Chapter 7?
(a) Waffle House.
(d) Wolfie's Deli.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator explains how he secures the priest to the table with ______.
2. When Dexter was young, who/what did he kill?
3. In Chapter 1, who interferes with the narrator's attack on his victim?
4. In Chapter 3, who finds the murder victim?
5. In what state does the novel take place?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)