|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dexter realizes that ______ likes him.
2. Channel ______ is the channel of choice for people with an eye for carnage.
3. Deborah tells Dexter that she wants to work in ______.
(d) Private investigator.
4. What type of weapon was used in the double homicide crime scene Dexter is working?
(a) A rock.
(b) An axe.
(c) A chainsaw.
(d) A pistol.
5. In Chapter 13, Dexter senses ______ was broken into.
(a) His lab.
(b) Deborah's home.
(c) His home.
(d) His car.
6. What object is thrown at Dexter's car?
(a) A barbie doll.
(b) A woman's head.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A bowling ball.
7. In what state does the novel take place?
(c) New York.
8. Where do Dexter and his girlfriend go for their date?
(b) The movies.
9. What is the tattoo of on the ankle of the murder victim in Chapter 3?
(a) A bird.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) A rose.
(d) A heart.
10. LaGuerta asks Dexter ______ times if he had seen the driver of the refrigerated truck.
11. Who says, "I heard you were here and couldn't stay away. Please, Detective, when will you marry me?"
12. Who unexpectedly calls Dexter in Chapter 13?
13. Who is Metro-Dade police's rival?
(a) Broward county.
(b) Orange county.
(c) Lee county.
(d) Collier county.
14. In context to Chapter 1, the word "mess" refers to what?
(a) The bodies of the orphaned children.
(b) The dirty dishes in the sink.
(c) The dirty laundry on the floor.
(d) The blood on the walls.
15. Who is the Dark Passenger?
(a) Father Donovan.
(b) Dexter's inner voice.
(c) The Tamiami Trail killer.
(d) Dexter's dad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dexter determine the symbolism of the rear-view mirror to be?
2. Who killed the seven orphaned children?
3. In Chapter 9, why is Dexter driving in the middle of the night?
4. What object does Angel hold up at the end of Chapter 10?
5. Captain Matthews tells LaGuerta that ______ is going to maintain a peripheral involvement in this case.
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)