|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator take Father Donovan?
(a) The police station.
(b) To church.
(c) To the ice rink.
(d) To an abandoned house.
2. Dexter says that as a rule he does not remember ______.
(a) His victim's name.
(b) His victim's phone number.
(c) His dreams.
(d) His victim's address.
3. Who is nicknamed "Einstein"?
4. How much does Dexter say a bottle of Luminol cost?
5. Who determines that there is a witness to the crime at the Cacique Motel?
6. What type of weapon was used in the double homicide crime scene Dexter is working?
(a) A rock.
(b) A chainsaw.
(c) A pistol.
(d) An axe.
7. The narrator is wearing all of the following in Chapter 1, except for which?
8. Who repetitively says, "f it had been me..." in Chapter 11?
9. Who is the narrator waiting and watching for in Chapter 1?
(a) Father Donovan.
(b) Pastor Perry.
(c) Father Pepperidge.
(d) Pastor Cullen.
10. What object does Dexter imagine bringing home?
(a) The rear-view mirror.
(b) The decapitated head.
(c) The refrigerated truck.
(d) The crime scene photos.
11. What does Dexter determine the symbolism of the rear-view mirror to be?
(a) Who's behind me.
(b) I see you.
(c) Back up.
(d) Where are you.
12. What is the first word of the novel?
13. When Dexter tells Deborah, "she doesn't like you, and she doesn't want you on her turf" who is he referring to?
14. Dexter says that however coarse and brutal Daryll Earl looked, the real threat to society was ______.
15. According to Deborah, in the last month ______ refrigerated trucks have been reported stolen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suspects there is something up with Dexter?
2. When Dexter was young, who/what did he kill?
3. Who finds the refrigerated truck used to transport the decapitated bodies in Chapter 11?
4. Dexter reveals that their murder suspect is nicknamed the ______.
5. In Chapter 1, where has the narrator been hiding?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)