|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Father Donovan notices ______ small mounds of earth in the garden.
2. Who suspects there is something up with Dexter?
3. All of the following is true about Deborah, except for what?
(a) She is Dexter's foster sister.
(b) She is a cop.
(c) Her father was a cop.
(d) She is adopted.
4. The narrator is wearing all of the following in Chapter 1, except for which?
5. In context to Chapter 1, the word "mess" refers to what?
(a) The blood on the walls.
(b) The dirty laundry on the floor.
(c) The dirty dishes in the sink.
(d) The bodies of the orphaned children.
6. What object does Dexter imagine bringing home?
(a) The decapitated head.
(b) The crime scene photos.
(c) The rear-view mirror.
(d) The refrigerated truck.
7. What object does Angel hold up at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) A side-view mirror.
(b) A barbie doll.
(c) A red shoe.
(d) A rear-view mirror.
8. In Chapter 8, who is in charge during the Metro police meeting?
9. What is Dexter's profession?
(b) Blood spatter analyst.
(c) Homicide Detective.
(d) Security guard.
10. What object is thrown at Dexter's car?
(a) A woman's head.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A bowling ball.
(d) A barbie doll.
11. Who is Jackson Pollock?
(a) A famous actor.
(b) A famous singer.
(c) A famous athlete.
(d) A famous painter.
12. Who says, "you're different, Dexter. But you can learn to control that difference and use it constructively"?
13. Dexter reveals that their murder suspect is nicknamed the ______.
(a) Sunset Slayer.
(b) Gainesville Ripper.
(c) Miami Vampire.
(d) Tamiami Trail Butcher.
14. What type of weapon was used in the double homicide crime scene Dexter is working?
(a) An axe.
(b) A rock.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A chainsaw.
15. In Chapter 1, where has the narrator been hiding?
(a) In his victim's house.
(b) In his victim's car.
(c) In a tree.
(d) In the bushes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dexter find inside his freezer?
2. Where does the narrator take Father Donovan?
3. What is cell crystallization?
4. In what state does the novel take place?
5. What does Dexter determine the symbolism of the rear-view mirror to be?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)