|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dexter refers to thugs, robbers, and crackheads as ______.
2. In Chapter 13, Dexter senses ______ was broken into.
(a) Deborah's home.
(b) His car.
(c) His home.
(d) His lab.
3. Rita is all of the following except which one?
(a) A journalist.
(b) A divorcee.
(c) Dexter's girlfriend.
(d) A mother.
4. What is the narrator's foster father's name?
5. Where is the decapitated body found in Chapter 10?
(a) In Dexter's house.
(b) In the refrigerated truck.
(c) In the goalie's net.
(d) In the dumpster.
6. Dexter explains that "Rita was merely my ______, a silly kid's costume I wore on weekends to hide the fact that I was the kind of person who did the things that this other interesting fellow was now doing and I wasn't."
7. All of the following is true about Deborah, except for what?
(a) Her father was a cop.
(b) She is a cop.
(c) She is Dexter's foster sister.
(d) She is adopted.
8. What language does Dexter say seems to be a race against an invisible stopwatch and to get out as much as possible in three-second bursts without using any consonants?
(a) Trade Winds Spanish.
(b) Italian Spanish.
(c) Cuban Spanish.
9. What does Dexter find attached to his refrigerator?
(a) A drawing of a smile face.
(b) A Barbie doll's head.
(c) A letter.
(d) A picture of the crime scene.
10. How many slides with dry drops of blood does Dexter have in Chapter 2?
11. Who is Metro-Dade police's rival?
(a) Broward county.
(b) Collier county.
(c) Lee county.
(d) Orange county.
12. Father Donovan notices ______ small mounds of earth in the garden.
13. What object is thrown at Dexter's car?
(a) A shoe.
(b) A woman's head.
(c) A barbie doll.
(d) A bowling ball.
14. Dexter reveals that their murder suspect is nicknamed the ______.
(a) Sunset Slayer.
(b) Miami Vampire.
(c) Tamiami Trail Butcher.
(d) Gainesville Ripper.
15. Who suspects there is something up with Dexter?
Short Answer Questions
1. ______ is a part of Miami that sleeps.
2. Who is Dexter referring to when he says, "bravo, Miss Marple"?
3. Dexter gives ______ the creeps.
4. The narrator explains how he secures the priest to the table with ______.
5. Dexter says that ______ are important to him.
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)