|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Dexter, the crime lab gang does not wear ______.
2. Who suspects there is something up with Dexter?
3. How much does Dexter say a bottle of Luminol cost?
4. Who finds the refrigerated truck used to transport the decapitated bodies in Chapter 11?
5. Who says, "I heard you were here and couldn't stay away. Please, Detective, when will you marry me?"
6. What object does Dexter imagine bringing home?
(a) The decapitated head.
(b) The rear-view mirror.
(c) The crime scene photos.
(d) The refrigerated truck.
7. Dexter reveals that their murder suspect is nicknamed the ______.
(a) Gainesville Ripper.
(b) Tamiami Trail Butcher.
(c) Miami Vampire.
(d) Sunset Slayer.
8. Where does Deborah and Dexter go to eat breakfast in Chapter 7?
(b) Waffle House.
(d) Wolfie's Deli.
9. Who is the very large black man with an injured air of permanent hostility?
(a) Sergeant Stokes.
(b) Sergeant Matthews.
(c) Sergeant Mitchell.
(d) Sergeant Doakes.
10. Dexter believes the murder suspect ______ a vehicle to transport the bodies.
11. How did Dexter's foster mom die?
(c) Car accident.
12. LaGuerta asks Dexter ______ times if he had seen the driver of the refrigerated truck.
13. How long has Dexter been dating his girlfriend?
(a) Three years.
(b) Six months.
(c) A year.
(d) A year and a half.
14. Rita is all of the following except which one?
(a) Dexter's girlfriend.
(b) A journalist.
(c) A divorcee.
(d) A mother.
15. Who confesses to being the Tamiami Trail killer?
(b) Charley Walker.
(c) Earl McHale.
(d) Carlile Valentine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who encourages Dexter to kill people who deserve it?
2. The narrator is wearing all of the following in Chapter 1, except for which?
3. The narrator considers himself to be a ______ monster.
4. What are the name of Rita's kids?
5. In what city do the murders in the novel take place?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)