|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of weapon was used in the double homicide crime scene Dexter is working?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A chainsaw.
(c) An axe.
(d) A rock.
2. Where do Dexter and his girlfriend go for their date?
(a) The movies.
3. How many slides with dry drops of blood does Dexter have in Chapter 2?
4. Who encourages Dexter to kill people who deserve it?
(b) Father Donovan.
5. Dexter explains that "Rita was merely my ______, a silly kid's costume I wore on weekends to hide the fact that I was the kind of person who did the things that this other interesting fellow was now doing and I wasn't."
6. Who is Dexter dating?
7. What object does Dexter imagine bringing home?
(a) The crime scene photos.
(b) The rear-view mirror.
(c) The refrigerated truck.
(d) The decapitated head.
8. According to Dexter, why did the murder suspect not finish cutting his latest victim?
(a) The thrill was gone.
(b) His blade wasn't sharp enough.
(c) He forgot.
(d) He was interrupted.
9. How much does Dexter say a bottle of Luminol cost?
10. What type of souvenir from his victims does Dexter keep?
(a) A picture.
(b) A drop of blood.
(c) Their wedding ring.
(d) A hair sample.
11. In Chapter 9, why is Dexter driving in the middle of the night?
(a) He is hungry.
(b) He is hunting.
(c) He is lost.
(d) He is looking for his dog.
12. Who says, "I heard you were here and couldn't stay away. Please, Detective, when will you marry me?"
13. The narrator is wearing all of the following in Chapter 1, except for which?
14. Dexter reveals that their murder suspect is nicknamed the ______.
(a) Tamiami Trail Butcher.
(b) Miami Vampire.
(c) Gainesville Ripper.
(d) Sunset Slayer.
15. Dexter says that as a rule he does not remember ______.
(a) His victim's phone number.
(b) His victim's address.
(c) His dreams.
(d) His victim's name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Dexter say seems to be a race against an invisible stopwatch and to get out as much as possible in three-second bursts without using any consonants?
2. Who repetitively says, "f it had been me..." in Chapter 11?
3. Who finds the refrigerated truck used to transport the decapitated bodies in Chapter 11?
4. According to Deborah, in the last month ______ refrigerated trucks have been reported stolen.
5. Who is the Dark Passenger?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)