|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many slides with dry drops of blood does Dexter have in Chapter 2?
2. What is Dexter's profession?
(a) Blood spatter analyst.
(b) Homicide Detective.
(d) Security guard.
3. How much does Dexter say a bottle of Luminol cost?
4. In Chapter 1, who interferes with the narrator's attack on his victim?
(a) A cab driver.
(b) A janitor.
(c) A cop.
(d) A mailman.
5. What is the tattoo of on the ankle of the murder victim in Chapter 3?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A heart.
(c) A bird.
(d) A rose.
6. Dexter says that ______ are important to him.
(d) The elderly.
7. Dexter says that however coarse and brutal Daryll Earl looked, the real threat to society was ______.
8. All of the following is true about Deborah, except for what?
(a) Her father was a cop.
(b) She is Dexter's foster sister.
(c) She is a cop.
(d) She is adopted.
9. Who determines that there is a witness to the crime at the Cacique Motel?
10. Dexter reveals that their murder suspect is nicknamed the ______.
(a) Gainesville Ripper.
(b) Tamiami Trail Butcher.
(c) Miami Vampire.
(d) Sunset Slayer.
11. Dexter reveals in Chapter 4 that the one big clue of the day was the ______.
(a) Right leg.
(b) Left arm.
(c) Left leg.
(d) Right arm.
12. The narrator explains how he secures the priest to the table with ______.
(a) Plastic wrap.
(c) Fishing wire.
(d) Duct tape.
13. How did Dexter's foster mom die?
(d) Car accident.
14. What object does Dexter imagine bringing home?
(a) The decapitated head.
(b) The crime scene photos.
(c) The rear-view mirror.
(d) The refrigerated truck.
15. In what state does the novel take place?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator considers himself to be a ______ monster.
2. Father Donovan notices ______ small mounds of earth in the garden.
3. What is the name of Miami's hockey team?
4. According to Deborah, in the last month ______ refrigerated trucks have been reported stolen.
5. Who says, "I guess it's possible to miss a lot of obvious things, Detective"?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)