|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed the seven orphaned children?
(a) Father Donovan.
2. The narrator considers himself to be a ______ monster.
3. According to Dexter, why did the murder suspect not finish cutting his latest victim?
(a) He forgot.
(b) He was interrupted.
(c) His blade wasn't sharp enough.
(d) The thrill was gone.
4. What is unusual about the crime scene in Chapter 2?
(a) There is no blood.
(b) There is no evidence.
(c) There is no body.
(d) There is no skin.
5. What is Dexter's profession?
(b) Homicide Detective.
(c) Security guard.
(d) Blood spatter analyst.
6. Channel ______ is the channel of choice for people with an eye for carnage.
7. What language does Dexter say seems to be a race against an invisible stopwatch and to get out as much as possible in three-second bursts without using any consonants?
(a) Cuban Spanish.
(c) Italian Spanish.
(d) Trade Winds Spanish.
8. After killing Father Donovan, Dexter states that the Code of _____ was satisfied.
9. Dexter says that he has a small reputation for ______.
10. Who determines that there is a witness to the crime at the Cacique Motel?
11. When Dexter tells Deborah, "she doesn't like you, and she doesn't want you on her turf" who is he referring to?
12. Dexter gives ______ the creeps.
(a) Detective LaGuerta.
(b) Sergeant Doakes.
(c) Major Smith.
(d) Captain Matthews.
13. Who does Dexter tell about his discovery in his refrigerator?
14. What does Dexter determine the symbolism of the rear-view mirror to be?
(a) Where are you.
(b) Who's behind me.
(c) I see you.
(d) Back up.
15. Dexter reveals that their murder suspect is nicknamed the ______.
(a) Sunset Slayer.
(b) Gainesville Ripper.
(c) Miami Vampire.
(d) Tamiami Trail Butcher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of weapon was used in the double homicide crime scene Dexter is working?
2. Where does the narrator take Father Donovan?
3. In Chapter 1, who interferes with the narrator's attack on his victim?
4. In Chapter 3, who finds the murder victim?
5. Who is Metro-Dade police's rival?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)