|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dexter tell about his discovery in his refrigerator?
2. Captain Matthews tells LaGuerta that ______ is going to maintain a peripheral involvement in this case.
3. What is the first word of the novel?
4. According to Deborah, in the last month ______ refrigerated trucks have been reported stolen.
5. How much does Dexter say a bottle of Luminol cost?
6. Dexter says that as a rule he does not remember ______.
(a) His victim's phone number.
(b) His victim's address.
(c) His dreams.
(d) His victim's name.
7. Who killed the seven orphaned children?
(a) Father Donovan.
8. Who is Dexter referring to when he says, "bravo, Miss Marple"?
9. What is the name of Miami's hockey team?
(a) The Eagles.
(b) The Hurricanes.
(c) The Penguins.
(d) The Panthers.
10. Who unexpectedly calls Dexter in Chapter 13?
11. In context to Chapter 1, the word "mess" refers to what?
(a) The dirty dishes in the sink.
(b) The blood on the walls.
(c) The dirty laundry on the floor.
(d) The bodies of the orphaned children.
12. What is the narrator wearing over his face when hunting his victim in Chapter 1?
(a) A black ski mask.
(b) A Halloween mask.
(c) A while silk mask.
(d) A pair of nylon pantyhose.
13. Dexter says that however coarse and brutal Daryll Earl looked, the real threat to society was ______.
14. In Chapter 13, Dexter senses ______ was broken into.
(a) His home.
(b) Deborah's home.
(c) His car.
(d) His lab.
15. Rita is all of the following except which one?
(a) Dexter's girlfriend.
(b) A mother.
(c) A journalist.
(d) A divorcee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator take Father Donovan?
2. Dexter gives ______ the creeps.
3. Who is the narrator waiting and watching for in Chapter 1?
4. Who says, "I guess it's possible to miss a lot of obvious things, Detective"?
5. According to Dexter, the crime lab gang does not wear ______.
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)