|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator use to make a noose for his victim in Chapter 1?
(a) Fishing line.
(b) Hair ribbon.
(d) Shoe laces.
2. Who says, "you're different, Dexter. But you can learn to control that difference and use it constructively"?
3. According to Dexter, the crime lab gang does not wear ______.
4. Dexter gives ______ the creeps.
(a) Detective LaGuerta.
(b) Sergeant Doakes.
(c) Major Smith.
(d) Captain Matthews.
5. Who confesses to being the Tamiami Trail killer?
(a) Earl McHale.
(b) Charley Walker.
(d) Carlile Valentine.
6. Who encourages Dexter to kill people who deserve it?
(d) Father Donovan.
7. Dexter reveals that their murder suspect is nicknamed the ______.
(a) Gainesville Ripper.
(b) Miami Vampire.
(c) Sunset Slayer.
(d) Tamiami Trail Butcher.
8. Dexter reveals in Chapter 4 that the one big clue of the day was the ______.
(a) Left arm.
(b) Right leg.
(c) Left leg.
(d) Right arm.
9. The narrator is wearing all of the following in Chapter 1, except for which?
10. What is Dexter's profession?
(b) Blood spatter analyst.
(c) Homicide Detective.
(d) Security guard.
11. The narrator considers himself to be a ______ monster.
12. Dexter says that he has a small reputation for ______.
13. The narrator explains how he secures the priest to the table with ______.
(b) Plastic wrap.
(c) Fishing wire.
(d) Duct tape.
14. Where do Dexter and his girlfriend go for their date?
(c) The movies.
15. Dexter refers to thugs, robbers, and crackheads as ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dexter realizes that ______ likes him.
2. Metro-Dade has a policy of pulling the homicide team together approximately _____ after a murder.
3. What is the first word of the novel?
4. All of the following is true about Deborah, except for what?
5. When Dexter was young, who/what did he kill?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)