|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dexter reveals in Chapter 4 that the one big clue of the day was the ______.
(a) Right arm.
(b) Left leg.
(c) Right leg.
(d) Left arm.
2. How long has Dexter been dating his girlfriend?
(a) A year.
(b) Three years.
(c) Six months.
(d) A year and a half.
3. Dexter refers to thugs, robbers, and crackheads as ______.
4. Who is the very large black man with an injured air of permanent hostility?
(a) Sergeant Stokes.
(b) Sergeant Mitchell.
(c) Sergeant Matthews.
(d) Sergeant Doakes.
5. Where do Dexter and his girlfriend go for their date?
(c) The movies.
6. Where does the narrator take Father Donovan?
(a) To an abandoned house.
(b) To church.
(c) To the ice rink.
(d) The police station.
7. Metro-Dade has a policy of pulling the homicide team together approximately _____ after a murder.
(a) 60 minutes.
(b) 72 hours.
(c) 24 hours.
(d) 48 hours.
8. The narrator explains how he secures the priest to the table with ______.
(b) Plastic wrap.
(c) Fishing wire.
(d) Duct tape.
9. In Chapter 1, who interferes with the narrator's attack on his victim?
(a) A cab driver.
(b) A cop.
(c) A mailman.
(d) A janitor.
10. Who is Dexter dating?
11. What does Dexter find attached to his refrigerator?
(a) A letter.
(b) A picture of the crime scene.
(c) A Barbie doll's head.
(d) A drawing of a smile face.
12. Dexter says that ______ are important to him.
(a) The elderly.
13. How does killing make Dexter feel?
14. What type of vehicle passes Dexter, throws an object at his car, and jumps the raising draw bridge?
(a) An SUV.
(b) A limo.
(c) A taxi cab.
(d) A refrigerated truck.
15. Dexter believes the murder suspect ______ a vehicle to transport the bodies.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city do the murders in the novel take place?
2. Deborah says people destroy the refrigerated trucks for what reason?
3. Who says, "I guess it's possible to miss a lot of obvious things, Detective"?
4. What is unusual about the crime scene in Chapter 2?
5. Father Donovan notices ______ small mounds of earth in the garden.
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)