|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 25, what does Susan Lex call Stan Gibbs?
2. In Chapter 31, where does Myron's group meet?
3. In Chapters 26-30, how does the pace of the novel change?
4. Who does Myron discover Davis Taylor is?
5. How does Greg shock Myron as the book draws to a close?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Myron upset and angry after meeting George Garston?
2. Where do they find Jeremy?
3. Myron meets with Eric Ford, the Deputy Director of the FBI, and discovers what information concerning Stan Gibbs? How does Ford wish to help Myron?
4. How does Win protect Myron when Susan Lex's people corner Myron?
5. Why does Stan wish to bring the Lex's down?
6. Besides the Downings and Myron, who else is searching for Jeremy's donor?
7. Why does Emma, Myron's mother, wish for Myron to visit home and speak with Al?
8. What does Myron notice at Melina's house that seems weird?
9. What does Myron do to Susan Lex?
10. What dark family secret has Susan Lex been hiding for years?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Another central theme of the novel is that of revenge. Several characters seek to settle past conflicts. Explain how Stan Gibbs seeks to settle the score between himself and the Lex family? In detail, dissect the events leading up to Stan leading the FBI to his father. How does he establish his revenge against the Lex's throughout the book.
Essay Topic 2
1. Was Melina Garston the missing puzzle piece for Myron's case? How did her death push Myron to discover Jeremy's real donor?
2. Had Melina never existed, would Myron have discovered Jeremy's real donor?
Essay Topic 3
1. Throughout the novel, the plot quickens its pace as different facts are revealed. Pick three chapters and describe the tone and pacing of Coben's style.
2. Next, justify why Coben chose to use a certain tone and style in that certain section of the novel.
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)