|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the FBI think was the Sow the Seeds Killer's first victim?
2. In Chapter 34, from whom does Myron receive a phone call?
3. What is odd about Stan's willingness to meet with Myron?
4. What surprises Myron regarding Stan and Susan's relationship?
5. Besides Susan, Myron, and Grover, who else is present at the meeting that occurs in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. After breakfast, what news does Esperanza bring to Myron concerning the Lex's?
2. How does Greg change in this section of the book?
3. What dark family secret has Susan Lex been hiding for years?
4. Why is Myron upset and angry after meeting George Garston?
5. Where do they find Jeremy?
6. What does Myron do to Susan Lex?
7. Why does Stan wish to bring the Lex's down?
8. What continues to shock Myron regarding Stan Gibbs and Susan Lex?
9. What do Myron and Emily consider once they speak with Dr. Singh and realize that they cannot harvest bone marrow from Edwin?
10. What does Greg admit to Myron about Emily?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Another central theme of the novel is that of revenge. Several characters seek to settle past conflicts. Explain how Stan Gibbs seeks to settle the score between himself and the Lex family? In detail, dissect the events leading up to Stan leading the FBI to his father. How does he establish his revenge against the Lex's throughout the book.
Essay Topic 2
While Myron enjoyed his trip to the Caribbean, he knows that duty is calling him home to save his business.
1. How is Terese Collin's character a symbol for escapism throughout the novel?
2. Discuss the meaning of Terese's presence throughout the novel.
3. Why is Myron so reluctant to be influenced by Terese's need to escape?
Essay Topic 3
Imagine that you are Terese Collins. How would you change Myron's mind and force him to escape with you? If Myron was your true love, would you have let him walk away easily? What does Terese's lack of pursuit say about her true feelings for Myron?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)