|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom do the three men go to apprehend?
2. How is this place connected to the Lex's?
3. As Chapter 21 begins, what is Win convinced Myron must do?
4. In Chapter 34, from whom does Myron receive a phone call?
5. What has been found underneath Edwin Gibbs' farmhouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Myron meets with Eric Ford, the Deputy Director of the FBI, and discovers what information concerning Stan Gibbs? How does Ford wish to help Myron?
2. Where do they find Jeremy?
3. What continues to shock Myron regarding Stan Gibbs and Susan Lex?
4. What do Myron and Emily consider once they speak with Dr. Singh and realize that they cannot harvest bone marrow from Edwin?
5. What does Myron notice at Melina's house that seems weird?
6. What does the FBI believe Stan did?
7. In Chapter Forty, what does Myron finally figure out about Stan?
8. Why does Emma, Myron's mother, wish for Myron to visit home and speak with Al?
9. When Myron finally has a chance to speak with Jeremy at basketball practice, what does Jeremy reveal?
10. Why is Myron upset and angry after meeting George Garston?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Explain Myron's disgust over the death of Melina Garston.
2. Why is Myron taken with Melina and her family?
3. What about Melina's family reminds Myron of his own family?
Essay Topic 2
1. Explain why the pace of a mystery novel is essential to the story.
2. Analyze how Coben chooses to reveal important details.
3. How does this establish the plot and keep the reader constantly surprised.
Essay Topic 3
Overall, many themes are present in Darkest Fear: Revenge, Death, Dark Secrets, and Father/Son Relationships. Which theme do you think is the most important in the book? Explain why this theme remains prevalent as you read the book.
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)