|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does being around Jeremy's picture and belongings cause Myron to react?
2. What do the three friends, Win, Myron, and Diaz, wonder about Ray Lex?
3. How does Susan Lex receive Myron at her office?
4. Who does Gibbs think contacted Myron?
5. Where do Myron and Dr. Singh meet at the beginning of chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Davis Taylor?
2. How does Myron's meeting with Susan Lex go?
3. What does Myron think about his first meeting with Stan Gibbs?
4. What does the frightening phone call prompt Myron to do?
5. Who does Myron pick up at the airport? What do Myron and this person realize about their relationship?
6. How does Esperanza feel regarding Myron's involvement in Jeremy's life?
7. Why does Myron refuse to tell the FBI why he had met with Stan Gibbs?
8. Who is Ronnie Angel and what proposition does he have for one of Myron's clients?
9. How do Greg and Myron deal with confronting one another in Chapter Seven?
10. What information does Billy Englehardt give Myron and Terese as they leave the Blood Center?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Throughout the novel, the plot quickens its pace as different facts are revealed. Pick three chapters and describe the tone and pacing of Coben's style.
2. Next, justify why Coben chose to use a certain tone and style in that certain section of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Imagine that you are Terese Collins. How would you change Myron's mind and force him to escape with you? If Myron was your true love, would you have let him walk away easily? What does Terese's lack of pursuit say about her true feelings for Myron?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, Emily seems to be a manipulative character.
1. What is the source of Emily's manipulation? Is it Jeremy's survival or her desire for Myron? Cite examples for your reasoning.
2. Does a woman's desperation give her the freedom to do whatever possible to help someone else?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)