|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Myron meet with special FBI agents?
2. Where do Win and Myron go to work out?
3. Why does Myron want to view Jeremy's room?
4. What is Rack Enterprises?
5. What pushes Myron to delve deeper into the Lex's background?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information do Terese and Myron uncover at the Bergen County Blood Center?
2. Who is Davis Taylor?
3. Who is Big Cyndi and how is she related to Myron?
4. After a call from Esperanza in Chapter One, Myron learns that a special someone is looking for him. Who is this person?
5. Who is Ronnie Angel and what proposition does he have for one of Myron's clients?
6. How does Emily use the meeting to bring up a sensitive subject?
7. How do Greg and Myron deal with confronting one another in Chapter Seven?
8. What does Win discover about Raymond Lex?
9. How does Myron's meeting with Susan Lex go?
10. Does Nathan Mostoni recognize the name Davis Taylor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Explain why the pace of a mystery novel is essential to the story.
2. Analyze how Coben chooses to reveal important details.
3. How does this establish the plot and keep the reader constantly surprised.
Essay Topic 2
While Myron enjoyed his trip to the Caribbean, he knows that duty is calling him home to save his business.
1. How is Terese Collin's character a symbol for escapism throughout the novel?
2. Discuss the meaning of Terese's presence throughout the novel.
3. Why is Myron so reluctant to be influenced by Terese's need to escape?
Essay Topic 3
1. Name, describe, and explain the darkest fears of several of the book's main characters:
2. How do each of these characters work to hide their darkest fears from those around them?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)