|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Myron wonder about Taylor's decision to donate bone marrow?
(a) If he was really a match.
(b) Why he decided not to donate.
(c) Who is he.
(d) Why would he create an identity to donate marrow?
2. What kind of stories does Myron enjoy while at Emily's house?
(a) Tales of Emily and Greg's travels.
(b) Stories about Emily's teen years.
(c) Jeremy growing up.
(d) Stories of their youth.
3. At the address of the supposed donor, who do Myron and Greg find?
(a) A confused old man, Nathan Mostoni.
(b) The donor.
(c) Nothing, it is a fake address.
(d) A beautiful woman.
4. Of what is Stan Gibbs a part as far as the FBI is concerned?
(a) A drug bust.
(b) A killing spree.
(c) Stan Gibbs is a nuisance to the FBI.
(d) An ongoing FBI investigation.
5. What is similar about Myron and Esperanza's upbringing?
(a) Their mothers died when they were young.
(b) They grew up in very loving families.
(c) They have bad relationships with their fathers.
(d) They were both adopted.
6. Who does Gibbs think contacted Myron?
(a) The Sow the Seeds Killer or a copycat.
(b) The Son of Sam Killer.
(c) Greg Downing because he wants revenge.
(d) The Lex's because they are cruel.
7. Why is there no happy ending for Myron and the person with whom he went to the Caribbean?
(a) They cannot civilly live in the same state.
(b) Their relationship is purely physical.
(c) They do not like each other.
(d) They have no foundation on which to build a relationship.
8. What does Myron refuse to do with Terese?
(a) Get married.
(b) Have a child.
(c) Run away from NYC with her.
(d) Find Jeremy's donor.
9. What is Fanconi Anemia?
(a) A form of juvenile HIV.
(b) Brain tumor.
(c) A rare disease, involving loss of bone marrow.
(d) Advanced Childhood Diabetes.
10. What does Myron do at the Bergen Blood Center besides ask questions?
(a) Videotapes the conversation with Billy.
(b) Steals paperwork.
(c) Watches a movie.
(d) Causes a fight with the owner.
11. From what ailment has Myron's father recently suffered?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) A stroke.
(c) A tumor.
12. When Myron sees Jeremy for the first time, how does Myron feel?
(a) He is resolved.
(b) Myron has no feelings for Jeremy.
(c) Myron is speechless.
(d) Regret from sleeping with Emily.
13. With whom does Myron have an appointment the following morning?
(b) Jeremy's father.
(d) Jeremy's doctor.
14. The mysterious phone call that Myron receives seems _____________.
15. What does Dr. Singh explain to Myron?
(a) How to monitor heartbeats.
(b) What type of cancer Jeremy has.
(c) Where babies come from.
(d) How bone marrow transplants work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they discover is the reason for the donor backing out?
2. What is not uncommon in journalism?
3. With whom did Myron run away to the Caribbean?
4. Where do Myron and Dr. Singh meet at the beginning of chapter 6?
5. What do the three friends, Win, Myron, and Diaz, wonder about Ray Lex?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)