|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the bar closed on the night after the piano player attacked the gunslinger?
(a) There was no piano player.
(b) No one in town would come to the bar.
(c) It was the Sabbath.
(d) There was a riot in the street.
2. While the gunslinger waits for his hamburgers to be cooked, what does the man behind him do?
(a) The man comes up behind him with a hunting knife.
(b) The man puts a rope around his neck.
(c) The man approaches him with a Bible in his hand.
(d) The man raises a rifle to his back.
3. What choice does the gunslinger have to make when he and Jake finally confront the man in black?
(a) He has to decide whether to surrender to the man in black or fight him to the death.
(b) He has to decide whether to leave Jake hanging from a pit or go after the man in black.
(c) He has to decide whether to kill the man in black or bring him to the Tower.
(d) He has to decide whether to ask Jake to help him or not.
4. How long has it been since the gunslinger passed a town?
(a) Three days
(b) Three weeks
(c) Six months
(d) Two days
5. What is the age of the old man that the fugitive cures?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alice think about as she is on the edge of sleep?
2. What is Alice's response when the gunslinger asks her about the man in black?
3. How long have Jake and the gunslinger been in the foothills?
4. What does the gunslinger consider might be the trap that the man in black left for him?
5. What is the only feature that can be seen in the desert?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)