|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the thick crust of alkali in the desert at one time?
(a) A gold mine
(b) An underground stream
(c) A highway
(d) A river
2. What does the man in black announce to the patrons of the bar?
(a) He says that he is an evil spirit.
(b) He says that he will damn them all.
(c) He says that he is a priest.
(d) He says that he will show them a wonder.
3. What does the gunslinger want to relate to Brown?
(a) Who he really is
(b) Who he is chasing through the desert
(c) What happened to him in Tull
(d) How he lost his family
4. How long has the gunslinger been following the fugitive?
(a) Six months
(b) One year
(c) Two months
(d) A week
5. How long has the gunslinger been walking on foot?
(a) Two days
(b) One week
(c) One month
(d) Twelve days
Short Answer Questions
1. What song is playing as the gunslinger enters Tull?
2. What is the reaction of the customers in the honky-tonk when the gunslinger walks in?
3. What is unusual about Brown's description of growing corn?
4. What does the gunslinger accuse Brown of doing to him?
5. How does Brown surprise the gunslinger when they sit down to eat?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)