|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alice think about as she is on the edge of sleep?
(a) Making love with the man in black
(b) Nort's addiction to devil grass
(c) The strange talk Nort uses with the gunslinger.
(d) Making love to the gunslinger
2. Who is the first person the gunslinger meets when he comes down the foothills?
(a) A young man with strawberry hair
(b) A young woman and child
(c) An orphaned child
(d) An insane old man
3. What does Alice say about Nort?
(a) He was a lawyer once.
(b) He is an old man.
(c) He is dead and was touched by God.
(d) He is a rotter.
4. Why is Brown's hut door below ground level?
(a) It holds in the coolness of the night.
(b) It protects against wild dogs.
(c) It protects against the rotters.
(d) It protects against the crazies.
5. How does the gunslinger react to Brown's reason for giving an apology?
(a) He grabs Brown by the shirt.
(b) He clenches his fist in anger.
(c) He says that it's okay.
(d) He begins to cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brown consider his life to be?
2. What does Brown give the gunslinger to eat?
3. What does the fugitive do while in the town of Hull?
4. What is Alice's opinion of the gunslinger?
5. While the gunslinger waits for his hamburgers to be cooked, what does the man behind him do?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)