Essay Topic 1
1) Evaluate the relationship between the gunslinger and Jake.
2) How does the man in black's father affect the gunslinger's relationship with Jake?
3) How does the gunslinger feel about Jake at the end of the novel?
4) Give examples from the story of how they interact with one another.
Essay Topic 2
1) Discuss how the gunslinger's attitude toward life changes from the beginning of the book to the end.
2) How does his attitude change toward the man in black? How does his attitude change about himself?
3) What are the differences in his attitude toward the meaning of life differ from the beginning to the end of the story?
Essay Topic 3
1) Compare and contrast the characters of the gunslinger and the man in black.
2) Summarize the impact each character had on the people they meet in the novel.
3) In your opinion, which character is the most effective? Defend your stance.
Essay Topic 4
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)