|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where must man walk to be protected from the evil of natural senses?
(a) Around the world.
(b) In heaven.
(c) Through hell.
(d) In darkness.
2. St. John says that the dark night causes the soul to gain a healthy respect for what?
3. What does St. John say happens after a person is involved in spiritual activities for wrath to enter into a beginner's life?
(a) The pleasure fades.
(b) There is no further instruction from God.
(c) The person is lazy.
(d) There is no monetary gain.
4. According to St. John, what strong desire does a new Christian experience?
(a) A need for acceptance.
(b) Sensual pleasure.
(c) The desire to be good.
(d) A thirst for God.
5. In Book II, Chapter IX, what is required for a man to possess for his soul to be illuminated with divine light?
(a) A speck of spiritual knowledge.
(b) God's favor.
(d) Holy water.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book II, Chapter XIII, the author states that love is felt by what?
2. In what is the soul enveloped before passing through the dark night?
3. Who does the author cite as someone who has seen the spiritual ladder?
4. When entering into the dark night, what does God cause the soul of the person to simply desire, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
5. In Book I, Chapter II, what sin do beginners exhibit when they choose leaders who agree with their views?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)