|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When entering into the dark night, what does God cause the soul of the person to simply desire, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
(a) The love of God and others.
(b) Quiet and to be alone.
(c) Peace and nature.
(d) The company of a spiritual leader.
2. In Book II, Chapter XII, what does the spirit of wisdom and love also affects?
(a) The universe.
(c) Angel's souls.
(d) The earth.
3. The soul starts to develop a habit of what during the dark night, as stated in Book I, Chapter XIII?
(a) Peaceful sleep.
(b) Strong temptation of sin.
(c) Identifying sin.
(d) Remembrance of God.
4. In Dark Night of the Soul, with what do slothful Christians have trouble aligning themselves?
(a) God's will.
(c) Hard work.
(d) A pure heart.
5. What is the name of the sin that occurs when a beginner hears another being praised and wants the praise for himself?
(a) Spiritual envy.
(b) Spiritual luxury.
(c) Impure heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Dark Night of the Soul, what does the soul wait for in the second night of darkness?
2. What happens when the soul has a more complete purging, according to the author?
3. In Book I, Chapter II, what sin do beginners exhibit when they choose leaders who agree with their views?
4. What state does St. John say the soul is in when it has a chance to escape from bondage of the world?
5. That author writes that during the dark night while purging the soul, a Christian might feel so much pain that is seems as he is where?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)