|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say is a problem for the soul, especially in divine activities?
(a) Keeping secrets from God.
(c) The lure of sin.
(d) Lack of faith.
2. What is a type of pain felt during the dark night that is really not a problem, according to St. John?
(a) The desire to reject God.
(b) The need to sin.
(c) The pain of guilt.
(d) The inability to pray.
3. St. John writes that a person experiencing the dark night might feel as if who has abandoned him?
(a) His children.
(c) His family.
(d) His friends.
4. That author writes that during the dark night while purging the soul, a Christian might feel so much pain that is seems as he is where?
(a) In the grave.
(b) In a torture chamber.
(c) On the sun.
5. What is the topic of the prologue?
(a) Other authors' works.
(b) The purpose of the book.
(c) A history of the Bible.
(d) The biography of the author.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the dark night according to the author, when attachments are stripped away, a Christian might feel as if what is happening?
2. In Book II, Chapter XII, what does the spirit of wisdom and love also affects?
3. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
4. What is the name of the sin that occurs when a beginner hears another being praised and wants the praise for himself?
5. What does God feed new beginners according to the author?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)