|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
(a) The Devil.
2. What does the author call things that stop the human soul from seeking God?
(b) Friends of humans.
(c) Enemies of man.
(d) Sinful devils.
3. In Book II, Chapter XII, what--more than understanding--will be imparted to the soul because of the will of God?
4. What happens on the first step of the ladder, according to Book II, Chapter XIX?
(a) The spirit battles the soul.
(b) Sin takes over the soul.
(c) The soul swoons for God.
(d) God punishes the soul.
5. In what is the soul enveloped before passing through the dark night?
(a) Evil demons.
(b) A collection of angels.
(c) A cloud of darkness.
(d) A pit of despair.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book II, Chapter XI, the author writes about the depth and power of what?
2. In what form is the image of the spiritual ladder first found in the Bible?
3. What does the soul do on the sixth step of the ladder of love, according to Book II, Chapter XX?
4. In Book II, Chapter I, what does the beginning Christian become after passing through the dark night?
5. The dark night refers to the darkness of what?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)