|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. St. John says that the dark night causes the soul to gain a healthy respect for what?
2. In what form is the image of the spiritual ladder first found in the Bible?
(a) A joke.
(b) A dream.
(c) A lie.
(d) A nightmare.
3. Who is the author of Dark Night of the Soul?
(a) St. John.
(b) St. Patrick.
(c) St. Ignatius.
(d) St. Michael.
4. According to St. John, what does the spirit of those who enter the dark night feel?
(c) The weight of sin.
(d) God's desire.
5. Who does the author use as an example of the yearning for God that takes place in the second night of darkness?
(a) Mary, mother of Jesus.
(c) Mary Magdalene.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book II, Chapter XVII, who is given the knowledge of the divine?
2. What step of the ladder feels like heaven on earth?
3. How does the author compare God's trail as He leads the soul on the journey through the dark night?
4. What is the term given to a spiritual experience beyond words?
5. What happens on the first step of the ladder, according to Book II, Chapter XIX?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)