|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what is the secret ladder a reference, as mentioned in Book II, Chapter XV?
(a) The ladder of living faith.
(b) The ladder of sin.
(c) The stairs to heaven.
(d) The path to becoming like God.
2. When is a person supposed to start climbing the secret ladder?
(a) After passing through the dark night.
(b) After death.
(c) When first believing in God.
(d) Directly after birth.
3. St. Johns states that believers react to God similarly to what?
(c) The sun and the moon.
(d) Changing wind.
4. What is the title of the poem that is introduced in the prologue?
(a) "Song of Songs."
(b) "Song of the Soul."
(c) "Mount Carmel."
(d) "The Stanzas of the Soul."
5. According to St. John, how many believers will reach the union with God without going through trials?
(a) Some women.
(c) All men.
(d) Only priests.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many steps are on the ladder of love?
2. What two things cannot exist in the same person?
3. What is the main topic of discussion in Book II, Chapter XV?
4. What does the soul do on the second step of the ladder of love, according to Book II, Chapter XIX?
5. What can the devil sense is going on during the dark night, as written in Book II, Chapter XXIII?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)