|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book II, Chapter XII, what does the spirit of wisdom and love also affects?
(a) The universe.
(b) The earth.
(c) Angel's souls.
2. Where do the afflictions of the second night of darkness affect a man, as stated in Book II, Chapter VII?
(a) In his love for God.
(b) In his passion for sin.
(c) In his will and soul.
(d) In his sensual areas.
3. What authors quote a state of pain so extreme for the soul it can find no comfort?
(a) Mark and Luke.
(b) Job and Jeremias.
(c) Jacob and Daniel.
(d) Isaiah and Peter.
4. What does God want to do with those who go through the most intense darkness of the dark night?
(a) Purge all sin.
(b) Abandon them.
(c) Sacrifice them.
(d) Bring them closer.
5. In Book II, Chapter XXIII, why is the soul traveling in concealment through the dark night?
(a) To hide from the devil.
(b) To sneak into heaven.
(c) To protect itself from God's anger.
(d) To deceive peers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the garment of charity provide for the wearer, as described by the author?
2. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
3. According to Book II, Chapter XIV, why does the soul speak these lines: "I went forth without being observed / My house being now at rest"?
4. Why, according to St. John, does God give the devil access to the life of a believing Christian?
5. What happened to Jeremias and Moses after being infused with the wisdom of God?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)