|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author states that impure thoughts from spiritual luxury are a result of the pleasure humans find in what?
(a) Earthly things.
(c) Spiritual things.
(d) Lust for others.
2. How many periods of trials must a soul pass through to finish going through the dark night, according to Book II, Chapter XXIV?
3. With what are the spirits in purgatory purged?
(a) God's love.
(c) Real fire.
4. What does the author return to explaining in Book II, Chapter XXII?
(a) The author's credentials for writing.
(b) A verse from the Bible.
(c) Another author's works.
(d) The poem from the prologue.
5. The author says that the first step on the ladder is similar to the way a person acts when they are in the early stage of what?
(c) Romantic love.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does the author expound, in Book I, Chapter XI?
2. According to St. John, what strong desire does a new Christian experience?
3. What is another name for avarice?
4. In Book II, Chapter XXI, what color represents the garment of faith?
5. In Book II, Chapter XIII, the author states that love is felt by what?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)