|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is disturbed by divine purgation, according to Book II, Chapter VIII?
(c) The sleep cycle.
(d) The power of sin.
2. In Book II, Chapter IX, what is required for a man to possess for his soul to be illuminated with divine light?
(a) Holy water.
(c) God's favor.
(d) A speck of spiritual knowledge.
3. What does St. John say happens after a person is involved in spiritual activities for wrath to enter into a beginner's life?
(a) The pleasure fades.
(b) The person is lazy.
(c) There is no monetary gain.
(d) There is no further instruction from God.
4. According to St. John, one going through the dark night does not experience pleasure in what?
(a) Anything spiritual or physical.
(b) Committing sin.
(c) Anything spiritual.
(d) Anything physical.
5. When does the deadening of a person to the presence of sin get refreshed, according to the author?
(a) The first night of purging.
(b) During a weekly fast.
(c) Whenever in prayer with God.
(d) The second night of purging.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the focus of Book II, Chapter XVI?
2. In Book I, Chapter VII, what do beginners do when they hear others being praised?
3. St. John says that almost all beginners will experience what?
4. St. Johns states that believers react to God similarly to what?
5. According to St. John, what happens when beginners try to build their own spirituality instead of waiting on God?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)