|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the soul do on the second step of the ladder of love, according to Book II, Chapter XIX?
(a) Abandon hope.
(b) Battle sin.
(c) Ascend to heaven.
(d) Search for God.
2. A peaceful time with God will spark the spirit of what, according to the author?
(a) God's mercy.
(c) Love in the soul.
(d) Contempt for sin.
3. In Book I, Chapter III, what is the rosary made of?
(a) Animal teeth.
(b) Spines of a fish.
4. What does the author call things that stop the human soul from seeking God?
(a) Sinful devils.
(c) Friends of humans.
(d) Enemies of man.
5. According to St. John, what does the spirit of those who enter the dark night feel?
(a) The weight of sin.
(b) God's desire.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book II, Chapter XI, when will the soul seek God?
2. In Book II, Chapter I, what does the beginning Christian become after passing through the dark night?
3. What do beginners have to go through to increase their strength and lose their imperfections, according to Book I, Chapter 1?
4. What example does the author use to describe divine light?
5. According to St. John, what strong desire does a new Christian experience?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)