|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what part of the body does the dark night allow man to be free?
(a) The mind.
(b) The heart.
(c) The lower half.
(d) The eyes.
2. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
3. The author says that the first step on the ladder is similar to the way a person acts when they are in the early stage of what?
(b) Romantic love.
4. What is the main topic of discussion in Book II, Chapter XV?
(a) The first stanza of the poem.
(b) A chapter from the Bible.
(c) The author's beliefs on marriage.
(d) The second stanza of the poem.
5. What does the author say the devil uses against beginners who have pride?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book II, Chapter IX, what will a person become as he goes through a harder labor and more severe pain?
2. That author writes that during the dark night while purging the soul, a Christian might feel so much pain that is seems as he is where?
3. In Book II, Chapter XVIII, what does the secret ladder assist humans in reaching?
4. When does the deadening of a person to the presence of sin get refreshed, according to the author?
5. What example does the author use to describe divine light?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)