|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to human senses, according to the author, when a human is in the darkness?
(a) They are mixed up.
(b) They are useless.
(c) They are necessary.
(d) They become strengthened.
2. During the dark night, what does the Christian want to do when the spirit of blasphemy descends, according to Book I, Chapter XIV?
(a) Speak out in tongues.
(b) Speak out loud, blasphemous statements.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Obey all of God's commands.
3. What is the topic of the prologue?
(a) The purpose of the book.
(b) Other authors' works.
(c) The biography of the author.
(d) A history of the Bible.
4. In Book II, Chapter XII, what is the will described as?
(b) A free agent.
(c) Rogue demon.
(d) A reflection of God.
5. What is the main topic of Book II, Chapter XVII?
(a) The temptation of sin.
(b) The path to heaven.
(c) Secret knowledge.
(d) God's fury.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Jeremias and Moses after being infused with the wisdom of God?
2. How many important points are made in Book II, Chapter X, about the purification process?
3. In Book II, Chapter VII, what will souls not believe when experiencing a dark night with so much pain?
4. In what other way does the author describe the passions of man being at rest?
5. When entering into the dark night, what does God cause the soul of the person to simply desire, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)