|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book II, Chapter XI, when will the soul seek God?
(a) After death.
(b) After enkindlement.
(c) After God's punishment.
(d) From birth.
2. When does the deadening of a person to the presence of sin get refreshed, according to the author?
(a) Whenever in prayer with God.
(b) During a weekly fast.
(c) The first night of purging.
(d) The second night of purging.
3. According to St. John, what replaces spiritual anxiety after passing through the dark night?
4. When a man searches for God in a divine way, the spirit and the soul of that person are transformed into what, according to Book II, Chapter V?
(a) The likeness of God.
(b) An innocent child.
(c) A sinner.
(d) A new person.
5. What is the focus of Book II, Chapter XVI?
(a) The light of spiritual faith.
(b) The pressure of human peers.
(c) The darkness of God's love.
(d) The darkness in which the soul finds itself.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Dark Night of the Soul, the soul praises the darkness from which it has escaped what?
2. In Book II, Chapter XI, the soul would miss the spiritual love and affection of what if it was to go away?
3. St. John says that the knowledge of the divine come to the soul in what way?
4. In Book I, Chapter III, what is the rosary made of?
5. In Book II, Chapter VI, how many kinds of pain result from the meeting of the divine and human?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)