|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As described in Book II, Chapter II, what are deeply rooted in the spirit of a person and must be removed by the purging of the soul?
(a) Mortal sin.
(b) Habitual imperfections.
(c) The seven deadly sins.
(d) Spiritual imperfections.
2. In Book II, Chapter IV, what is purged on the second night of darkness?
(a) Both parts of the soul together.
(b) Only the sensual part of the soul.
(c) All unclean thoughts.
(d) All mortal sins.
3. What happens when the soul has a more complete purging, according to the author?
(a) The more likely to sin.
(b) The closer to God a being will become.
(c) The better of a chance to enter heaven.
(d) The better of a chance to backslide.
4. When is a person supposed to start climbing the secret ladder?
(a) After passing through the dark night.
(b) After death.
(c) Directly after birth.
(d) When first believing in God.
5. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the second night purify?
(a) God's love.
(b) The soul.
(c) Spiritual luxury.
(d) The sensual.
Short Answer Questions
1. St. John says that in periods of affliction during the dark night, the soul may feel as if what will never go away?
2. What does the author say is a problem for the soul, especially in divine activities?
3. With what are the spirits in purgatory purged?
4. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
5. During the dark night, what does the Christian want to do when the spirit of blasphemy descends, according to Book I, Chapter XIV?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)