|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. That author writes that during the dark night while purging the soul, a Christian might feel so much pain that is seems as he is where?
(a) In a torture chamber.
(c) In the grave.
(d) On the sun.
2. According to St. John, what replaces spiritual anxiety after passing through the dark night?
3. What is the topic of the prologue?
(a) Other authors' works.
(b) The biography of the author.
(c) A history of the Bible.
(d) The purpose of the book.
4. What is the example the author uses in describing the way the purification process works?
(a) The changing seasons.
(b) The burning of a log in a fire.
(c) The burning rays of the sun.
(d) The chopping down of a tree.
5. What example does the author use to describe divine light?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to St. John, one going through the dark night does not experience pleasure in what?
2. In Book II, Chapter VI, how many kinds of pain result from the meeting of the divine and human?
3. In Book I, Chapter V, beginners fall victim to wrath when they lets the sins of other do what?
4. In Dark Night of the Soul, the soul praises the darkness from which it has escaped what?
5. What directions can men take upon the secret ladder, as described in Book II, Chapter XVIII?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)