|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The seven deadly sins are recognized by what Christian community?
(a) The Lutheran Church.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The Pentecostal Church.
(d) The Baptist Church.
2. On what does the author expound, in Book I, Chapter XI?
(a) The work of another author.
(b) God's message to himself.
(c) A Bible verse.
(d) The poem from the prologue.
3. In what form is the image of the spiritual ladder first found in the Bible?
(a) A joke.
(b) A lie.
(c) A nightmare.
(d) A dream.
4. What does the soul find in the dark night that it must face, according to Book II, Chapter IX?
5. In Dark Night of the Soul, the spirit thirsts for love more than the soul thirsts because the spirit realizes what?
(a) How much pain relates to the divine.
(b) What it lacks.
(c) God's punishment.
(d) The evil of sin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book II, Chapter VI, how many kinds of pain result from the meeting of the divine and human?
2. What is the focus of Book II, Chapter XVI?
3. When is a person supposed to start climbing the secret ladder?
4. What can a soul not see beyond until it has been properly purged?
5. According to St. John, one going through the dark night does not experience pleasure in what?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)