|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. St. John writes that because of the goodness of God's divine wisdom, the soul actually feels as if it is being what?
2. Who else can descend and ascend upon the spiritual ladder besides men, according to Book II, Chapter XIII?
3. In Dark Night of the Soul, with what do slothful Christians have trouble aligning themselves?
(a) Hard work.
(b) God's will.
(c) A pure heart.
4. What directions can men take upon the secret ladder, as described in Book II, Chapter XVIII?
(a) Side to side.
(b) From earth to hell.
(c) From earth to heaven.
(d) Ascension and descension.
5. How many important points are made in Book II, Chapter X, about the purification process?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book II, Chapter VI, how many kinds of pain result from the meeting of the divine and human?
2. What is the main topic of discussion in Book II, Chapter XV?
3. What is the title of the poem that is introduced in the prologue?
4. What is the name of the sin that occurs when a beginner hears another being praised and wants the praise for himself?
5. Beside the feelings of poverty, what is necessary to completely purge the spirit?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)