|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As described in Book II, Chapter II, what are deeply rooted in the spirit of a person and must be removed by the purging of the soul?
(a) Mortal sin.
(b) Spiritual imperfections.
(c) Habitual imperfections.
(d) The seven deadly sins.
2. That author writes that during the dark night while purging the soul, a Christian might feel so much pain that is seems as he is where?
(b) On the sun.
(c) In the grave.
(d) In a torture chamber.
3. How does the author compare God's trail as He leads the soul on the journey through the dark night?
(a) A walk on the sea.
(b) A dive off a cliff.
(c) The circle of life.
(d) The flight of a bird.
4. What does the author say the soul experiences, even during the dark night?
(a) Peaceful rest.
(b) An ascent to heaven.
(c) Salvation from sin.
(d) The presence of God.
5. In Book II, Chapter IX, what will a person become as he goes through a harder labor and more severe pain?
(a) More perfect.
(b) More desirable by God.
(c) More sinful.
(d) Less perfect.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
2. In Book I, Chapter XII, the soul develops a fear of what during the dark night?
3. What does the soul do on the second step of the ladder of love, according to Book II, Chapter XIX?
4. In Dark Night of the Soul, the soul praises the darkness from which it has escaped what?
5. St. John says that the dark night causes the soul to gain a healthy respect for what?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)