|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book II, Chapter IX, what is required for a man to possess for his soul to be illuminated with divine light?
(a) A speck of spiritual knowledge.
(c) God's favor.
(d) Holy water.
2. What does God want to do with those who go through the most intense darkness of the dark night?
(a) Sacrifice them.
(b) Purge all sin.
(c) Bring them closer.
(d) Abandon them.
3. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the first night purify?
(a) The sensual.
(b) The soul.
(d) Mortal sin.
4. In Dark Night of the Soul, the spirit thirsts for love more than the soul thirsts because the spirit realizes what?
(a) The evil of sin.
(b) How much pain relates to the divine.
(c) God's punishment.
(d) What it lacks.
5. What is the topic of the prologue?
(a) A history of the Bible.
(b) Other authors' works.
(c) The purpose of the book.
(d) The biography of the author.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the theme of Book I, Chapter IV?
2. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
3. In Dark Night of the Soul, the power of hell would have no power over the soul if there were no what in the human soul?
4. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
5. What happens when there are periods of rest for the soul during the dark night?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)