|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book II, Chapter XI, the author writes about the depth and power of what?
(b) Earthly evil.
(c) The Spirit of God.
(d) God's vengeance.
2. According to St. John, what strong desire does a new Christian experience?
(a) A need for acceptance.
(b) Sensual pleasure.
(c) A thirst for God.
(d) The desire to be good.
3. What does the soul become enkindled with during the dark night, according to Book II, Chapter X?
(a) The love of God.
(b) The weight of sin.
(c) Revulsion to faith.
(d) Repentance of sin.
4. A peaceful time with God will spark the spirit of what, according to the author?
(a) Love in the soul.
(b) Contempt for sin.
(c) God's mercy.
5. In Book II, Chapter XII, what--more than understanding--will be imparted to the soul because of the will of God?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for avarice?
2. In Dark Night of the Soul, the power of hell would have no power over the soul if there were no what in the human soul?
3. What does St. John say affects Christians in a way that they are easily swayed by their senses and see imaginary visions?
4. What does the soul find in the dark night that it must face, according to Book II, Chapter IX?
5. How many steps are on the ladder of love?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)