|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main topic of discussion in Book II, Chapter XV?
(a) The second stanza of the poem.
(b) The first stanza of the poem.
(c) The author's beliefs on marriage.
(d) A chapter from the Bible.
2. What is a type of pain felt during the dark night that is really not a problem, according to St. John?
(a) The inability to pray.
(b) The pain of guilt.
(c) The desire to reject God.
(d) The need to sin.
3. What does St. John say a man has that will impede the process of unifying with God?
(d) Lack of education.
4. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
(c) The Devil.
5. In Book I, Chapter V, beginners fall victim to wrath when they lets the sins of other do what?
(a) Enter their lives.
(c) Influence decisions.
(d) Irritate them.
Short Answer Questions
1. St. John writes that a person experiencing the dark night might feel as if who has abandoned him?
2. In what other way does the author describe the passions of man being at rest?
3. What is the focus of Book II, Chapter XVI?
4. St. John says that it becomes clear which parts are purified and which are still not purified during what time in the dark night?
5. In Book II, Chapter XI, when will the soul seek God?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)