|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. St. John writes that a person experiencing the dark night might feel as if who has abandoned him?
(a) His friends.
(b) His family.
(d) His children.
2. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the second night purify?
(a) Spiritual luxury.
(b) God's love.
(c) The soul.
(d) The sensual.
3. In Book II, Chapter XI, the author writes about the depth and power of what?
(a) God's vengeance.
(c) Earthly evil.
(d) The Spirit of God.
4. That author writes that during the dark night while purging the soul, a Christian might feel so much pain that is seems as he is where?
(a) On the sun.
(c) In the grave.
(d) In a torture chamber.
5. St. John writes that souls on earth are purged with the fire of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book II, Chapter XI, when will the soul seek God?
2. What is another name for avarice?
3. In Dark Night of the Soul, the soul praises the darkness from which it has escaped what?
4. During the dark night, what does the Christian want to do when the spirit of blasphemy descends, according to Book I, Chapter XIV?
5. Once a soul has received the love from God after the dark night, it will only want to do what, as described by St. John?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)