|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what other way does the author describe the passions of man being at rest?
2. In Book II, Chapter VI, how many kinds of pain result from the meeting of the divine and human?
3. In Book II, Chapter XIII, the author states that love is felt by what?
(d) The human mind.
4. How many important points are made in Book II, Chapter X, about the purification process?
5. In Book II, Chapter VII, what will souls not believe when experiencing a dark night with so much pain?
(a) The balance of nature.
(b) The duty of man.
(c) God loves them.
(d) The guilt of sin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is a person supposed to start climbing the secret ladder?
2. According to Book II, Chapter XIV, why does the soul speak these lines: "I went forth without being observed / My house being now at rest"?
3. According to St. John, people who have never experienced a dark night do not understand what this feels like?
4. In Book II, Chapter I, what does the beginning Christian become after passing through the dark night?
5. According to St. John, what happens when beginners try to build their own spirituality instead of waiting on God?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)