|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the spirit of a man search for in the darkness?
(c) His soulmate.
(d) His soul.
2. To what does St. John compare a new Christian?
(a) A new baby.
(b) A weed.
(c) A cloud.
(d) A dying flower.
3. St. John writes that souls on earth are purged with the fire of what?
4. The soul starts to develop a habit of what during the dark night, as stated in Book I, Chapter XIII?
(a) Peaceful sleep.
(b) Identifying sin.
(c) Strong temptation of sin.
(d) Remembrance of God.
5. In Book I, Chapter V, beginners fall victim to wrath when they lets the sins of other do what?
(a) Influence decisions.
(c) Irritate them.
(d) Enter their lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do beginning Christians feel happens when they grow in faith and deal with suffering for God's sake, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
2. St. John's use of writing about a spiritual ladder as a path to unification with God is an example of what?
3. In Book II, Chapter XI, the soul would miss the spiritual love and affection of what if it was to go away?
4. What is the name of the sin that occurs when a beginner hears another being praised and wants the praise for himself?
5. What is the theme of Book I, Chapter IV?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)