|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book II, Chapter XII, what--more than understanding--will be imparted to the soul because of the will of God?
2. What does the author say is a problem for the soul, especially in divine activities?
(a) Lack of faith.
(c) Keeping secrets from God.
(d) The lure of sin.
3. What does St. John say happens after a person is involved in spiritual activities for wrath to enter into a beginner's life?
(a) The person is lazy.
(b) There is no further instruction from God.
(c) The pleasure fades.
(d) There is no monetary gain.
4. During the dark night according to the author, when attachments are stripped away, a Christian might feel as if what is happening?
(a) Being eaten by a huge beast.
(b) Being free and flying.
(c) Being very sick.
(d) Being burned alive.
5. A peaceful time with God will spark the spirit of what, according to the author?
(a) Love in the soul.
(b) Contempt for sin.
(d) God's mercy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When entering into the dark night, what does God cause the soul of the person to simply desire, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
2. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
3. In Book II, Chapter XI, when will the soul seek God?
4. St. John writes that souls on earth are purged with the fire of what?
5. What does the spirit of a man search for in the darkness?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)