|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
(a) Spiritual exercises.
(b) Having sexual affairs.
(c) Collecting money.
(d) Being angry at others.
2. On what does the author expound, in Book I, Chapter XI?
(a) A Bible verse.
(b) God's message to himself.
(c) The work of another author.
(d) The poem from the prologue.
3. The soul starts to develop a habit of what during the dark night, as stated in Book I, Chapter XIII?
(a) Remembrance of God.
(b) Strong temptation of sin.
(c) Peaceful sleep.
(d) Identifying sin.
4. What does the author say the devil uses against beginners who have pride?
5. What does God feed new beginners according to the author?
(d) Spiritual milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to St. John, what happens when beginners try to build their own spirituality instead of waiting on God?
2. What example does the author use to describe divine light?
3. What does the soul become enkindled with during the dark night, according to Book II, Chapter X?
4. What is the main topic of discussion in Book II, Chapter XV?
5. In Dark Night of the Soul, the soul praises the darkness from which it has escaped what?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)