|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a type of pain felt during the dark night that is really not a problem, according to St. John?
(a) The need to sin.
(b) The inability to pray.
(c) The pain of guilt.
(d) The desire to reject God.
2. The soul starts to develop a habit of what during the dark night, as stated in Book I, Chapter XIII?
(a) Identifying sin.
(b) Strong temptation of sin.
(c) Remembrance of God.
(d) Peaceful sleep.
3. St. John says that it becomes clear which parts are purified and which are still not purified during what time in the dark night?
(a) The darkest point.
(b) Periods of rest.
(c) The end.
(d) The beginning.
4. St. John writes that a person experiencing the dark night might feel as if who has abandoned him?
(a) His family.
(b) His friends.
(c) His children.
5. Without passing through the dark night, the author says that people are still what of their natural desires and wants?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book II, Chapter XI, when will the soul seek God?
2. Who is the author of Dark Night of the Soul?
3. A peaceful time with God will spark the spirit of what, according to the author?
4. What does St. John say a man has that will impede the process of unifying with God?
5. In Book I, Chapter X, what can people become if they do not recognize they are going through the dark night?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)