|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. St. John writes that because of the goodness of God's divine wisdom, the soul actually feels as if it is being what?
2. In Book II, Chapter IV, what is purged on the second night of darkness?
(a) Both parts of the soul together.
(b) All unclean thoughts.
(c) All mortal sins.
(d) Only the sensual part of the soul.
3. What object represents the passions of the natural man, according to Book II, Chapter XIV?
(a) A feather.
(b) A house.
(c) A church.
(d) A tree.
4. How many important points are made in Book II, Chapter X, about the purification process?
5. Why does the soul become secure after passing through the dark night, according to St. John?
(a) It has become like God.
(b) It has forgiven God's mistakes.
(c) It has become strong in sin.
(d) It has found itself.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book II, Chapter VI, how many kinds of pain result from the meeting of the divine and human?
2. When entering into the dark night, what does God cause the soul of the person to simply desire, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
3. What does St. John say happens after a person is involved in spiritual activities for wrath to enter into a beginner's life?
4. In Book I, Chapter III, what is the rosary made of?
5. In Book II, Chapter I, what does the beginning Christian become after passing through the dark night?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)