|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what part of the body does the dark night allow man to be free?
(a) The mind.
(b) The eyes.
(c) The lower half.
(d) The heart.
2. What does the author say is a problem for the soul, especially in divine activities?
(b) Keeping secrets from God.
(c) The lure of sin.
(d) Lack of faith.
3. What happens at the same time the soul is yearning for God in Book II, Chapter XI?
(a) The love of friends gives comfort.
(b) The forces of evil burn the soul.
(c) The fire of God burns the soul.
(d) The comfort of God gives peace.
4. St. John writes that souls on earth are purged with the fire of what?
5. In Book II, Chapter XII, what does the spirit of wisdom and love also affects?
(a) Angel's souls.
(c) The earth.
(d) The universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the soul has a more complete purging, according to the author?
2. According to St. John, what happens when beginners try to build their own spirituality instead of waiting on God?
3. What does the soul become enkindled with during the dark night, according to Book II, Chapter X?
4. Without passing through the dark night, the author says that people are still what of their natural desires and wants?
5. On what does the author expound, in Book I, Chapter XI?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)