|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do beginning Christians feel happens when they grow in faith and deal with suffering for God's sake, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
(a) Their sins worsen.
(b) God draws closer to them.
(c) God suddenly abandons them.
(d) They no longer believe in their faith.
2. In Book I, Chapter II, what sin do beginners exhibit when they choose leaders who agree with their views?
3. According to St. John, what does the spirit of those who enter the dark night feel?
(a) God's desire.
(d) The weight of sin.
4. Without passing through the dark night, the author says that people are still what of their natural desires and wants?
5. On what does the author expound, in Book I, Chapter XI?
(a) A Bible verse.
(b) The poem from the prologue.
(c) God's message to himself.
(d) The work of another author.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the theme of Book I, Chapter IV?
2. What is the title of the poem that is introduced in the prologue?
3. What is disturbed by divine purgation, according to Book II, Chapter VIII?
4. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the second night purify?
5. In Book II, Chapter XI, the soul would miss the spiritual love and affection of what if it was to go away?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)