|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book II, Chapter XII, what is the will described as?
(a) Rogue demon.
(b) A reflection of God.
(d) A free agent.
2. What two things cannot exist in the same person?
(a) Guilt and pride.
(b) God and the devil.
(c) Desire and goodwill.
(d) The divine and the natural.
3. The example the author uses about purification illustrates an understanding of what concept?
(a) The purging of the soul by divine love.
(b) The strengthening of the soul by sin.
(c) The purging of the spirit by leaving behind sin.
(d) The strengthening of the spirit by God's wrath.
4. With what are the spirits in purgatory purged?
(b) Real fire.
(d) God's love.
5. What does the author call things that stop the human soul from seeking God?
(a) Enemies of man.
(b) Sinful devils.
(d) Friends of humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
2. According to the author, why must the soul forget all forms of natural love?
3. St. John says that it becomes clear which parts are purified and which are still not purified during what time in the dark night?
4. When is a person supposed to start climbing the secret ladder?
5. St. Johns states that believers react to God similarly to what?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)