|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does God feed new beginners according to the author?
(c) Spiritual milk.
2. Who is the author of Dark Night of the Soul?
(a) St. Patrick.
(b) St. Michael.
(c) St. Ignatius.
(d) St. John.
3. What example does the author use to describe divine light?
4. The author says the severity of the trials of a person going through the dark night depends on what?
(a) The strength of the person's soul and faith.
(b) The wealth the person can offer the church.
(c) The severity of the person's sin.
(d) The age of the person.
5. What happens when there are periods of rest for the soul during the dark night?
(a) The soul is freed.
(b) The soul rejects God's love.
(c) The soul is attacked harder than before.
(d) The soul heals itself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What symbolism is used to describe how the dark night dries up sensual pleasure?
2. What is the reason for the disturbances within a man during the dark night, according to Book II, Chapter VIII?
3. Where do the afflictions of the second night of darkness affect a man, as stated in Book II, Chapter VII?
4. The soul starts to develop a habit of what during the dark night, as stated in Book I, Chapter XIII?
5. In Book II, Chapter VII, what will souls not believe when experiencing a dark night with so much pain?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)