|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. St. John says that in periods of affliction during the dark night, the soul may feel as if what will never go away?
2. What example does the author use to describe divine light?
3. What is another name for avarice?
4. St. John writes that a person experiencing the dark night might feel as if who has abandoned him?
(a) His children.
(b) His friends.
(c) His family.
5. What is the name of the sin that occurs when a beginner hears another being praised and wants the praise for himself?
(a) Spiritual envy.
(b) Spiritual luxury.
(d) Impure heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the deadening of a person to the presence of sin get refreshed, according to the author?
2. What is the theme of Book I, Chapter IV?
3. As described in Book II, Chapter II, what are deeply rooted in the spirit of a person and must be removed by the purging of the soul?
4. In Book I, Chapter XII, the soul develops a fear of what during the dark night?
5. What do beginning Christians feel happens when they grow in faith and deal with suffering for God's sake, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)