|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to St. John, what replaces spiritual anxiety after passing through the dark night?
2. In Book I, Chapter XII, the soul develops a fear of what during the dark night?
(b) God's love.
(d) Other's love.
3. St. John says that almost all beginners will experience what?
(a) Spiritual purgation.
(c) Sensual purgation.
(d) Divine wisdom.
4. What do beginners have to go through to increase their strength and lose their imperfections, according to Book I, Chapter 1?
(a) A dark night.
(b) A journey through heaven.
(c) A baptism.
5. The author says the severity of the trials of a person going through the dark night depends on what?
(a) The strength of the person's soul and faith.
(b) The severity of the person's sin.
(c) The age of the person.
(d) The wealth the person can offer the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does St. John compare a new Christian?
2. The seven deadly sins are recognized by what Christian community?
3. When does the deadening of a person to the presence of sin get refreshed, according to the author?
4. In Book II, Chapter VI, how many kinds of pain result from the meeting of the divine and human?
5. In Dark Night of the Soul, with what do slothful Christians have trouble aligning themselves?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)