|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
2. When a man searches for God in a divine way, the spirit and the soul of that person are transformed into what, according to Book II, Chapter V?
(a) The likeness of God.
(b) A sinner.
(c) A new person.
(d) An innocent child.
3. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
(a) The Devil.
4. In Book I, Chapter V, beginners fall victim to wrath when they lets the sins of other do what?
(a) Irritate them.
(b) Enter their lives.
(d) Influence decisions.
5. What might descend upon a Christian while he is going through the dark night, as described in the final chapter of Book I?
(a) A perverse or giddy spirit.
(b) Fits of insanity.
(c) A feeling of inner peace.
(d) A desire for secrets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
2. In Book I, Chapter III, what is the rosary made of?
3. What happens when there are periods of rest for the soul during the dark night?
4. The seven deadly sins are recognized by what Christian community?
5. A peaceful time with God will spark the spirit of what, according to the author?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)