|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to St. John, what happens when beginners try to build their own spirituality instead of waiting on God?
(a) They succeed.
(b) They begin to influence other into sin.
(c) They become frustrated with the progress.
(d) They begin to feel like they no longer need God.
2. What is the topic of the prologue?
(a) A history of the Bible.
(b) The biography of the author.
(c) Other authors' works.
(d) The purpose of the book.
3. According to St. John, what strong desire does a new Christian experience?
(a) A thirst for God.
(b) The desire to be good.
(c) A need for acceptance.
(d) Sensual pleasure.
4. St. Johns states that believers react to God similarly to what?
(b) The sun and the moon.
(c) Changing wind.
5. What does God feed new beginners according to the author?
(d) Spiritual milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say is a problem for the soul, especially in divine activities?
2. The purging of the soul in the feeling of poverty is compared to what in Book II, Chapter VI?
3. What does St. John say happens after a person is involved in spiritual activities for wrath to enter into a beginner's life?
4. In Book I, Chapter VII, what do beginners do when they hear others being praised?
5. What is disturbed by divine purgation, according to Book II, Chapter VIII?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)