|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book II, Chapter I, what does the beginning Christian become after passing through the dark night?
(a) A priest.
(b) A proficient Christian.
(c) A sinless and perfect soul.
(d) A baptized person.
2. When a man searches for God in a divine way, the spirit and the soul of that person are transformed into what, according to Book II, Chapter V?
(a) An innocent child.
(b) The likeness of God.
(c) A new person.
(d) A sinner.
3. St. John says that almost all beginners will experience what?
(a) Sensual purgation.
(c) Spiritual purgation.
(d) Divine wisdom.
4. The purging of the soul in the feeling of poverty is compared to what in Book II, Chapter VI?
(a) The sun and the stars.
(b) Wood in fire.
(c) A rebirth.
(d) Metal in fire.
5. What is the name of the sin that occurs when a beginner hears another being praised and wants the praise for himself?
(a) Spiritual luxury.
(b) Impure heart.
(c) Spiritual envy.
Short Answer Questions
1. St. John says that in periods of affliction during the dark night, the soul may feel as if what will never go away?
2. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the second night purify?
3. What does God feed new beginners according to the author?
4. The author says the severity of the trials of a person going through the dark night depends on what?
5. In Book I, Chapter V, beginners fall victim to wrath when they lets the sins of other do what?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)