|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does the author expound, in Book I, Chapter XI?
(a) The poem from the prologue.
(b) The work of another author.
(c) A Bible verse.
(d) God's message to himself.
2. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
(a) The Devil.
3. That author writes that during the dark night while purging the soul, a Christian might feel so much pain that is seems as he is where?
(a) In a torture chamber.
(b) In the grave.
(c) On the sun.
4. Who is the author of Dark Night of the Soul?
(a) St. Ignatius.
(b) St. Michael.
(c) St. Patrick.
(d) St. John.
5. What symbolism is used to describe how the dark night dries up sensual pleasure?
(a) Breast milk.
(c) Plant roots.
(d) A cistern of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the deadening of a person to the presence of sin get refreshed, according to the author?
2. In Dark Night of the Soul, what does the soul wait for in the second night of darkness?
3. Why is the soul uncertain of finding its way out in the dark night, according to Book II, Chapter VII?
4. What is the theme of Book I, Chapter IV?
5. St. John writes that a person experiencing the dark night might feel as if who has abandoned him?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)