|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In <i>Dark Night of the Soul</i>, with what do slothful Christians have trouble aligning themselves?
(b) Hard work.
(c) God's will.
(d) A pure heart.
2. What does the author say the devil uses against beginners who have pride?
3. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
(a) The Devil.
4. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
5. What is not encouraged to grow in a sensual friendship, according to Book I, Chapter IV?
(a) The love of God.
(b) True relationships.
(c) Love for others.
(d) Understanding for the other person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the spirit of a man search for in the darkness?
2. Beside the feelings of poverty, what is necessary to completely purge the spirit?
3. In Book II, Chapter VII, what will souls not believe when experiencing a dark night with so much pain?
4. What example does the author use to describe divine light?
5. In Book I, Chapter III, what is the rosary made of?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)