|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a type of pain felt during the dark night that is really not a problem, according to St. John?
(a) The need to sin.
(b) The inability to pray.
(c) The desire to reject God.
(d) The pain of guilt.
2. What does the author say is a problem for the soul, especially in divine activities?
(b) Lack of faith.
(c) Keeping secrets from God.
(d) The lure of sin.
3. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
(d) The Devil.
4. In Book I, Chapter V, beginners fall victim to wrath when they lets the sins of other do what?
(a) Influence decisions.
(b) Irritate them.
(c) Enter their lives.
5. What does God feed new beginners according to the author?
(c) Spiritual milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. St. John says that in periods of affliction during the dark night, the soul may feel as if what will never go away?
2. The soul starts to develop a habit of what during the dark night, as stated in Book I, Chapter XIII?
3. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the first night purify?
4. In Book I, Chapter II, what sin do beginners exhibit when they choose leaders who agree with their views?
5. In Book II, Chapter IX, what is required for a man to possess for his soul to be illuminated with divine light?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)