|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is disturbed by divine purgation, according to Book II, Chapter VIII?
(c) The power of sin.
(d) The sleep cycle.
2. What does St. John say happens after a person is involved in spiritual activities for wrath to enter into a beginner's life?
(a) The pleasure fades.
(b) The person is lazy.
(c) There is no monetary gain.
(d) There is no further instruction from God.
3. The dark night refers to the darkness of what?
(a) Natural senses.
(b) Human guilt.
(c) The end of the world.
(d) Human sin.
4. St. John explains that beginners who have pride become impatient with whom?
(a) God and themselves.
(d) Loved ones.
5. What is the name of the sin that occurs when a beginner hears another being praised and wants the praise for himself?
(a) Impure heart.
(b) Spiritual luxury.
(d) Spiritual envy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Dark Night of the Soul, with what do slothful Christians have trouble aligning themselves?
2. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
3. In Book II, Chapter IX, what is required for a man to possess for his soul to be illuminated with divine light?
4. During the dark night, what does the Christian want to do when the spirit of blasphemy descends, according to Book I, Chapter XIV?
5. Beside the feelings of poverty, what is necessary to completely purge the spirit?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)