|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The seven deadly sins are recognized by what Christian community?
(a) The Lutheran Church.
(b) The Baptist Church.
(c) The Pentecostal Church.
(d) The Catholic Church.
2. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
(a) Having sexual affairs.
(b) Collecting money.
(c) Being angry at others.
(d) Spiritual exercises.
3. According to St. John, what kind of day is it when a man searches for God in a divine way instead of a human way?
4. Beside the feelings of poverty, what is necessary to completely purge the spirit?
5. What example does the author use to describe divine light?
Short Answer Questions
1. That author writes that during the dark night while purging the soul, a Christian might feel so much pain that is seems as he is where?
2. St. John says that almost all beginners will experience what?
3. St. John writes that a person experiencing the dark night might feel as if who has abandoned him?
4. What does the spirit of a man search for in the darkness?
5. According to St. John, what replaces spiritual anxiety after passing through the dark night?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)