|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does the author expound, in Book I, Chapter XI?
(a) A Bible verse.
(b) The work of another author.
(c) God's message to himself.
(d) The poem from the prologue.
2. As described in Book II, Chapter II, what are deeply rooted in the spirit of a person and must be removed by the purging of the soul?
(a) Spiritual imperfections.
(b) Mortal sin.
(c) The seven deadly sins.
(d) Habitual imperfections.
3. What is disturbed by divine purgation, according to Book II, Chapter VIII?
(b) The power of sin.
(d) The sleep cycle.
4. In Book II, Chapter I, what does the beginning Christian become after passing through the dark night?
(a) A priest.
(b) A baptized person.
(c) A proficient Christian.
(d) A sinless and perfect soul.
5. From what part of the body does the dark night allow man to be free?
(a) The lower half.
(b) The heart.
(c) The mind.
(d) The eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not encouraged to grow in a sensual friendship, according to Book I, Chapter IV?
2. It is necessary for the spirit and the sensual portion of man to be separated in order for what to happen, according to Book II, Chapter III?
3. What is the theme of Book I, Chapter IV?
4. What happens when there are periods of rest for the soul during the dark night?
5. The seven deadly sins are recognized by what Christian community?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)