|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
(a) Being angry at others.
(b) Collecting money.
(c) Spiritual exercises.
(d) Having sexual affairs.
2. How does the soul change during the dark night?
(a) It experiences a holy event.
(b) It becomes ready for heaven.
(c) It "grows up."
(d) It becomes "soft."
3. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
4. What is disturbed by divine purgation, according to Book II, Chapter VIII?
(a) The power of sin.
(c) The sleep cycle.
5. What happens when there are periods of rest for the soul during the dark night?
(a) The soul is freed.
(b) The soul heals itself.
(c) The soul is attacked harder than before.
(d) The soul rejects God's love.
Short Answer Questions
1. That author writes that during the dark night while purging the soul, a Christian might feel so much pain that is seems as he is where?
2. In Book I, Chapter V, beginners fall victim to wrath when they lets the sins of other do what?
3. What is the theme of Book I, Chapter IV?
4. To what does St. John compare a new Christian?
5. What does God want to do with those who go through the most intense darkness of the dark night?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)