|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What example does the author use to describe divine light?
2. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
3. During the dark night according to the author, when attachments are stripped away, a Christian might feel as if what is happening?
(a) Being free and flying.
(b) Being burned alive.
(c) Being very sick.
(d) Being eaten by a huge beast.
4. What is not encouraged to grow in a sensual friendship, according to Book I, Chapter IV?
(a) Understanding for the other person.
(b) The love of God.
(c) True relationships.
(d) Love for others.
5. The author says the severity of the trials of a person going through the dark night depends on what?
(a) The severity of the person's sin.
(b) The wealth the person can offer the church.
(c) The age of the person.
(d) The strength of the person's soul and faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the dark night, what does the Christian want to do when the spirit of blasphemy descends, according to Book I, Chapter XIV?
2. What is another name for avarice?
3. In Book II, Chapter VI, how many kinds of pain result from the meeting of the divine and human?
4. In Dark Night of the Soul, with what do slothful Christians have trouble aligning themselves?
5. What is the theme of Book I, Chapter IV?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)