|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does St. John say happens after a person is involved in spiritual activities for wrath to enter into a beginner's life?
(a) The person is lazy.
(b) There is no monetary gain.
(c) The pleasure fades.
(d) There is no further instruction from God.
2. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
3. What might descend upon a Christian while he is going through the dark night, as described in the final chapter of Book I?
(a) A desire for secrets.
(b) A feeling of inner peace.
(c) Fits of insanity.
(d) A perverse or giddy spirit.
4. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
(a) The Devil.
5. St. John says that the dark night causes the soul to gain a healthy respect for what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say the devil uses against beginners who have pride?
2. What is the title of the poem that is introduced in the prologue?
3. How does the soul change during the dark night?
4. What is not encouraged to grow in a sensual friendship, according to Book I, Chapter IV?
5. In Book I, Chapter V, beginners fall victim to wrath when they lets the sins of other do what?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)