|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another name for avarice?
2. St. Johns states that believers react to God similarly to what?
(b) Changing wind.
(d) The sun and the moon.
3. The dark night refers to the darkness of what?
(a) The end of the world.
(b) Natural senses.
(c) Human guilt.
(d) Human sin.
4. According to St. John, what happens when beginners try to build their own spirituality instead of waiting on God?
(a) They become frustrated with the progress.
(b) They begin to feel like they no longer need God.
(c) They begin to influence other into sin.
(d) They succeed.
5. The seven deadly sins are recognized by what Christian community?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) The Baptist Church.
(c) The Lutheran Church.
(d) The Pentecostal Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter VII, what do beginners do when they hear others being praised?
2. What authors quote a state of pain so extreme for the soul it can find no comfort?
3. What is disturbed by divine purgation, according to Book II, Chapter VIII?
4. In Book I, Chapter III, what is the rosary made of?
5. According to St. John, one going through the dark night does not experience pleasure in what?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)