|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the soul uncertain of finding its way out in the dark night, according to Book II, Chapter VII?
(a) God has given no direction.
(b) It remembers its evils.
(c) It does not know goodness.
(d) It wants to remain sinful.
2. Who is the author of Dark Night of the Soul?
(a) St. John.
(b) St. Patrick.
(c) St. Michael.
(d) St. Ignatius.
3. In Book I, Chapter II, what sin do beginners exhibit when they choose leaders who agree with their views?
4. What does the author say the devil uses against beginners who have pride?
5. What do beginners have to go through to increase their strength and lose their imperfections, according to Book I, Chapter 1?
(b) A baptism.
(c) A dark night.
(d) A journey through heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. The purging of the soul in the feeling of poverty is compared to what in Book II, Chapter VI?
2. According to St. John, what kind of day is it when a man searches for God in a divine way instead of a human way?
3. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the second night purify?
4. In Dark Night of the Soul, what does the soul wait for in the second night of darkness?
5. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)