|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when there are periods of rest for the soul during the dark night?
(a) The soul rejects God's love.
(b) The soul is freed.
(c) The soul is attacked harder than before.
(d) The soul heals itself.
2. When entering into the dark night, what does God cause the soul of the person to simply desire, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
(a) The company of a spiritual leader.
(b) Quiet and to be alone.
(c) Peace and nature.
(d) The love of God and others.
3. That author writes that during the dark night while purging the soul, a Christian might feel so much pain that is seems as he is where?
(a) On the sun.
(c) In a torture chamber.
(d) In the grave.
4. Where do the afflictions of the second night of darkness affect a man, as stated in Book II, Chapter VII?
(a) In his passion for sin.
(b) In his will and soul.
(c) In his love for God.
(d) In his sensual areas.
5. In Book II, Chapter IX, what is required for a man to possess for his soul to be illuminated with divine light?
(b) A speck of spiritual knowledge.
(c) God's favor.
(d) Holy water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
2. In Book I, Chapter X, what can people become if they do not recognize they are going through the dark night?
3. In Book I, Chapter II, what sin do beginners exhibit when they choose leaders who agree with their views?
4. From what part of the body does the dark night allow man to be free?
5. To what does St. John compare a new Christian?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)