|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book II, Chapter I, what does the beginning Christian become after passing through the dark night?
(a) A proficient Christian.
(b) A priest.
(c) A baptized person.
(d) A sinless and perfect soul.
2. In Book II, Chapter IV, what is purged on the second night of darkness?
(a) Only the sensual part of the soul.
(b) All mortal sins.
(c) All unclean thoughts.
(d) Both parts of the soul together.
3. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
4. Where do the afflictions of the second night of darkness affect a man, as stated in Book II, Chapter VII?
(a) In his will and soul.
(b) In his love for God.
(c) In his passion for sin.
(d) In his sensual areas.
5. The dark night refers to the darkness of what?
(a) Natural senses.
(b) Human sin.
(c) The end of the world.
(d) Human guilt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the topic of the prologue?
2. What does St. John say happens after a person is involved in spiritual activities for wrath to enter into a beginner's life?
3. In Dark Night of the Soul during the dark night, the soul learns that by itself it is what?
4. That author writes that during the dark night while purging the soul, a Christian might feel so much pain that is seems as he is where?
5. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)