|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the theme of Book I, Chapter IV?
(a) God's wrath.
(b) Lack of faith.
(c) Faith and money.
(d) Spiritual luxury.
2. In Dark Night of the Soul, with what do slothful Christians have trouble aligning themselves?
(a) A pure heart.
(b) God's will.
(d) Hard work.
3. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
4. In Book I, Chapter VII, what do beginners do when they hear others being praised?
(a) They praise the others as well.
(b) They get angry at God.
(c) They get angry at those being praised.
(d) They devalue the praise.
5. In Dark Night of the Soul, what does the soul wait for in the second night of darkness?
(a) God's instructions.
(b) Inner peace.
(c) The emergence of sin.
(d) God's forgiveness.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the second night purify?
2. The author states that impure thoughts from spiritual luxury are a result of the pleasure humans find in what?
3. On what does the author expound, in Book I, Chapter XI?
4. St. John says that almost all beginners will experience what?
5. That author writes that during the dark night while purging the soul, a Christian might feel so much pain that is seems as he is where?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)