|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to St. John, what does the spirit of those who enter the dark night feel?
(a) The weight of sin.
(b) God's desire.
2. What do beginners have to go through to increase their strength and lose their imperfections, according to Book I, Chapter 1?
(a) A journey through heaven.
(b) A baptism.
(c) A dark night.
3. What does the spirit of a man search for in the darkness?
(c) His soulmate.
(d) His soul.
4. St. Johns states that believers react to God similarly to what?
(a) The sun and the moon.
(b) Changing wind.
5. According to St. John, what kind of day is it when a man searches for God in a divine way instead of a human way?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the soul change during the dark night?
2. The dark night refers to the darkness of what?
3. What does God feed new beginners according to the author?
4. In Dark Night of the Soul, with what do slothful Christians have trouble aligning themselves?
5. When does the deadening of a person to the presence of sin get refreshed, according to the author?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)