|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does the author expound, in Book I, Chapter XI?
(a) The work of another author.
(b) A Bible verse.
(c) God's message to himself.
(d) The poem from the prologue.
2. The dark night refers to the darkness of what?
(a) Natural senses.
(b) Human guilt.
(c) Human sin.
(d) The end of the world.
3. What is the topic of the prologue?
(a) A history of the Bible.
(b) The biography of the author.
(c) The purpose of the book.
(d) Other authors' works.
4. What is not encouraged to grow in a sensual friendship, according to Book I, Chapter IV?
(a) True relationships.
(b) Love for others.
(c) Understanding for the other person.
(d) The love of God.
5. During the dark night according to the author, when attachments are stripped away, a Christian might feel as if what is happening?
(a) Being very sick.
(b) Being burned alive.
(c) Being eaten by a huge beast.
(d) Being free and flying.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the soul change during the dark night?
2. It is necessary for the spirit and the sensual portion of man to be separated in order for what to happen, according to Book II, Chapter III?
3. In <i>Dark Night of the Soul</i> during the dark night, the soul learns that by itself it is what?
4. During the dark night, what does the Christian want to do when the spirit of blasphemy descends, according to Book I, Chapter XIV?
5. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the first night purify?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)