|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As described in Book II, Chapter II, what are deeply rooted in the spirit of a person and must be removed by the purging of the soul?
(a) The seven deadly sins.
(b) Spiritual imperfections.
(c) Habitual imperfections.
(d) Mortal sin.
2. What is another name for avarice?
3. Who is the author of Dark Night of the Soul?
(a) St. Ignatius.
(b) St. Patrick.
(c) St. Michael.
(d) St. John.
4. What symbolism is used to describe how the dark night dries up sensual pleasure?
(a) Plant roots.
(c) A cistern of water.
(d) Breast milk.
5. When entering into the dark night, what does God cause the soul of the person to simply desire, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
(a) Peace and nature.
(b) Quiet and to be alone.
(c) The company of a spiritual leader.
(d) The love of God and others.
Short Answer Questions
1. The seven deadly sins are recognized by what Christian community?
2. In Book II, Chapter IV, what is purged on the second night of darkness?
3. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
4. The purging of the soul in the feeling of poverty is compared to what in Book II, Chapter VI?
5. From what part of the body does the dark night allow man to be free?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)