|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the dark night according to the author, when attachments are stripped away, a Christian might feel as if what is happening?
(a) Being eaten by a huge beast.
(b) Being very sick.
(c) Being burned alive.
(d) Being free and flying.
2. Who is the author of <i>Dark Night of the Soul</i>?
(a) St. Ignatius.
(b) St. Patrick.
(c) St. John.
(d) St. Michael.
3. How does the soul change during the dark night?
(a) It experiences a holy event.
(b) It "grows up."
(c) It becomes ready for heaven.
(d) It becomes "soft."
4. In Book II, Chapter IV, what is purged on the second night of darkness?
(a) Only the sensual part of the soul.
(b) All unclean thoughts.
(c) All mortal sins.
(d) Both parts of the soul together.
5. When entering into the dark night, what does God cause the soul of the person to simply desire, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
(a) Peace and nature.
(b) The love of God and others.
(c) Quiet and to be alone.
(d) The company of a spiritual leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. A peaceful time with God will spark the spirit of what, according to the author?
2. St. John says that the dark night causes the soul to gain a healthy respect for what?
3. Beside the feelings of poverty, what is necessary to completely purge the spirit?
4. In <i>Dark Night of the Soul</i> during the dark night, the soul learns that by itself it is what?
5. St. John says that almost all beginners will experience what?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)