|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does God feed new beginners according to the author?
(c) Spiritual milk.
2. The author states that impure thoughts from spiritual luxury are a result of the pleasure humans find in what?
(b) Spiritual things.
(c) Lust for others.
(d) Earthly things.
3. In Book II, Chapter IV, what is purged on the second night of darkness?
(a) Both parts of the soul together.
(b) All mortal sins.
(c) Only the sensual part of the soul.
(d) All unclean thoughts.
4. Who is the author of Dark Night of the Soul?
(a) St. Patrick.
(b) St. Ignatius.
(c) St. Michael.
(d) St. John.
5. What symbolism is used to describe how the dark night dries up sensual pleasure?
(a) A cistern of water.
(c) Breast milk.
(d) Plant roots.
Short Answer Questions
1. St. John says that almost all beginners will experience what?
2. According to St. John, what strong desire does a new Christian experience?
3. In Book I, Chapter II, what sin do beginners exhibit when they choose leaders who agree with their views?
4. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
5. That author writes that during the dark night while purging the soul, a Christian might feel so much pain that is seems as he is where?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)