|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does St. John compare a new Christian?
(a) A cloud.
(b) A dying flower.
(c) A weed.
(d) A new baby.
2. In Book I, Chapter XII, the soul develops a fear of what during the dark night?
(b) Other's love.
(d) God's love.
3. In Book I, Chapter X, what can people become if they do not recognize they are going through the dark night?
(c) More sinful.
4. St. John writes that because of the goodness of God's divine wisdom, the soul actually feels as if it is being what?
5. When a man searches for God in a divine way, the spirit and the soul of that person are transformed into what, according to Book II, Chapter V?
(a) A sinner.
(b) The likeness of God.
(c) A new person.
(d) An innocent child.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does the author expound, in Book I, Chapter XI?
2. St. John writes that a person experiencing the dark night might feel as if who has abandoned him?
3. A peaceful time with God will spark the spirit of what, according to the author?
4. St. John says that the dark night causes the soul to gain a healthy respect for what?
5. From what part of the body does the dark night allow man to be free?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)