|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a man searches for God in a divine way, the spirit and the soul of that person are transformed into what, according to Book II, Chapter V?
(a) A sinner.
(b) The likeness of God.
(c) A new person.
(d) An innocent child.
2. In Book II, Chapter IV, what is purged on the second night of darkness?
(a) Both parts of the soul together.
(b) All mortal sins.
(c) Only the sensual part of the soul.
(d) All unclean thoughts.
3. The dark night refers to the darkness of what?
(a) Human sin.
(b) The end of the world.
(c) Natural senses.
(d) Human guilt.
4. In Dark Night of the Soul, with what do slothful Christians have trouble aligning themselves?
(b) A pure heart.
(c) God's will.
(d) Hard work.
5. It is necessary for the spirit and the sensual portion of man to be separated in order for what to happen, according to Book II, Chapter III?
(a) The second night of darkness.
(c) An entrance into heaven.
(d) God's forgiveness.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does St. John compare a new Christian?
2. How does the soul change during the dark night?
3. What is not encouraged to grow in a sensual friendship, according to Book I, Chapter IV?
4. In Book I, Chapter V, beginners fall victim to wrath when they lets the sins of other do what?
5. As described in Book II, Chapter II, what are deeply rooted in the spirit of a person and must be removed by the purging of the soul?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)