|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say the devil uses against beginners who have pride?
2. In Dark Night of the Soul during the dark night, the soul learns that by itself it is what?
(a) Sinful and guilty.
(b) Worthless to the devil.
(c) Weak and miserable.
3. According to St. John, what strong desire does a new Christian experience?
(a) The desire to be good.
(b) A need for acceptance.
(c) Sensual pleasure.
(d) A thirst for God.
4. What is the topic of the prologue?
(a) Other authors' works.
(b) A history of the Bible.
(c) The purpose of the book.
(d) The biography of the author.
5. What does God feed new beginners according to the author?
(b) Spiritual milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. A peaceful time with God will spark the spirit of what, according to the author?
2. The soul starts to develop a habit of what during the dark night, as stated in Book I, Chapter XIII?
3. In Book II, Chapter IV, what is purged on the second night of darkness?
4. According to St. John, what does the spirit of those who enter the dark night feel?
5. What is the theme of Book I, Chapter IV?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)