|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. St. Johns states that believers react to God similarly to what?
(a) Changing wind.
(d) The sun and the moon.
2. In Dark Night of the Soul during the dark night, the soul learns that by itself it is what?
(a) Sinful and guilty.
(b) Worthless to the devil.
(c) Weak and miserable.
3. According to St. John, one going through the dark night does not experience pleasure in what?
(a) Committing sin.
(b) Anything physical.
(c) Anything spiritual.
(d) Anything spiritual or physical.
4. What is the title of the poem that is introduced in the prologue?
(a) "Mount Carmel."
(b) "Song of Songs."
(c) "The Stanzas of the Soul."
(d) "Song of the Soul."
5. In Book I, Chapter V, beginners fall victim to wrath when they lets the sins of other do what?
(a) Irritate them.
(b) Influence decisions.
(c) Enter their lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the first night purify?
2. On what does the author expound, in Book I, Chapter XI?
3. In Dark Night of the Soul, with what do slothful Christians have trouble aligning themselves?
4. What does God feed new beginners according to the author?
5. What does the spirit of a man search for in the darkness?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)