|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A peaceful time with God will spark the spirit of what, according to the author?
(a) God's mercy.
(b) Contempt for sin.
(d) Love in the soul.
2. In Book I, Chapter XII, the soul develops a fear of what during the dark night?
(c) Other's love.
(d) God's love.
3. When a man searches for God in a divine way, the spirit and the soul of that person are transformed into what, according to Book II, Chapter V?
(a) An innocent child.
(b) A sinner.
(c) A new person.
(d) The likeness of God.
4. St. John says that the dark night causes the soul to gain a healthy respect for what?
5. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the second night purify?
(a) The sensual.
(b) God's love.
(c) Spiritual luxury.
(d) The soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
2. What is the theme of Book I, Chapter IV?
3. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
4. From what part of the body does the dark night allow man to be free?
5. When does the deadening of a person to the presence of sin get refreshed, according to the author?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)