|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
2. The dark night refers to the darkness of what?
(a) Natural senses.
(b) Human sin.
(c) The end of the world.
(d) Human guilt.
3. According to St. John, what happens when beginners try to build their own spirituality instead of waiting on God?
(a) They begin to feel like they no longer need God.
(b) They become frustrated with the progress.
(c) They succeed.
(d) They begin to influence other into sin.
4. What is the topic of the prologue?
(a) The purpose of the book.
(b) A history of the Bible.
(c) The biography of the author.
(d) Other authors' works.
5. What is the name of the sin that occurs when a beginner hears another being praised and wants the praise for himself?
(a) Spiritual envy.
(c) Spiritual luxury.
(d) Impure heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the poem that is introduced in the prologue?
2. In Book I, Chapter III, what is the rosary made of?
3. In Book II, Chapter I, what does the beginning Christian become after passing through the dark night?
4. What does God feed new beginners according to the author?
5. What is the theme of Book I, Chapter IV?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)