|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. That author writes that during the dark night while purging the soul, a Christian might feel so much pain that is seems as he is where?
(a) On the sun.
(c) In the grave.
(d) In a torture chamber.
2. What is another name for avarice?
3. When entering into the dark night, what does God cause the soul of the person to simply desire, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
(a) The love of God and others.
(b) Peace and nature.
(c) Quiet and to be alone.
(d) The company of a spiritual leader.
4. In Book I, Chapter V, beginners fall victim to wrath when they lets the sins of other do what?
(a) Influence decisions.
(b) Enter their lives.
(c) Irritate them.
5. What might descend upon a Christian while he is going through the dark night, as described in the final chapter of Book I?
(a) A desire for secrets.
(b) A perverse or giddy spirit.
(c) Fits of insanity.
(d) A feeling of inner peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. The purging of the soul in the feeling of poverty is compared to what in Book II, Chapter VI?
2. In Dark Night of the Soul, what does the soul wait for in the second night of darkness?
3. When does the deadening of a person to the presence of sin get refreshed, according to the author?
4. St. John explains that beginners who have pride become impatient with whom?
5. What is the title of the poem that is introduced in the prologue?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)