|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a man searches for God in a divine way, the spirit and the soul of that person are transformed into what, according to Book II, Chapter V?
(a) An innocent child.
(b) The likeness of God.
(c) A sinner.
(d) A new person.
2. A peaceful time with God will spark the spirit of what, according to the author?
(a) God's mercy.
(b) Contempt for sin.
(d) Love in the soul.
3. In Book I, Chapter XII, the soul develops a fear of what during the dark night?
(a) Other's love.
(d) God's love.
4. On what does the author expound, in Book I, Chapter XI?
(a) A Bible verse.
(b) God's message to himself.
(c) The poem from the prologue.
(d) The work of another author.
5. From what part of the body does the dark night allow man to be free?
(a) The mind.
(b) The lower half.
(c) The heart.
(d) The eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does St. John say happens after a person is involved in spiritual activities for wrath to enter into a beginner's life?
2. According to St. John, what replaces spiritual anxiety after passing through the dark night?
3. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
4. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the second night purify?
5. In Book I, Chapter VII, what do beginners do when they hear others being praised?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)