|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The soul starts to develop a habit of what during the dark night, as stated in Book I, Chapter XIII?
(a) Strong temptation of sin.
(b) Peaceful sleep.
(c) Identifying sin.
(d) Remembrance of God.
2. In Book II, Chapter I, what does the beginning Christian become after passing through the dark night?
(a) A sinless and perfect soul.
(b) A proficient Christian.
(c) A baptized person.
(d) A priest.
3. In Book I, Chapter XII, the soul develops a fear of what during the dark night?
(b) God's love.
(c) Other's love.
4. The dark night refers to the darkness of what?
(a) Human sin.
(b) Human guilt.
(c) Natural senses.
(d) The end of the world.
5. As described in Book II, Chapter II, what are deeply rooted in the spirit of a person and must be removed by the purging of the soul?
(a) Mortal sin.
(b) Spiritual imperfections.
(c) Habitual imperfections.
(d) The seven deadly sins.
Short Answer Questions
1. The purging of the soul in the feeling of poverty is compared to what in Book II, Chapter VI?
2. According to St. John, what replaces spiritual anxiety after passing through the dark night?
3. What do beginning Christians feel happens when they grow in faith and deal with suffering for God's sake, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
4. How does the soul change during the dark night?
5. In Book I, Chapter X, what can people become if they do not recognize they are going through the dark night?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)