|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not encouraged to grow in a sensual friendship, according to Book I, Chapter IV?
(a) Love for others.
(b) True relationships.
(c) The love of God.
(d) Understanding for the other person.
2. The dark night refers to the darkness of what?
(a) Human guilt.
(b) The end of the world.
(c) Human sin.
(d) Natural senses.
3. What does St. John say affects Christians in a way that they are easily swayed by their senses and see imaginary visions?
(a) Earthly pleasures.
(b) Actual imperfections.
(c) Spiritual luxury.
(d) God's punishments.
4. In Dark Night of the Soul, what does the soul wait for in the second night of darkness?
(a) God's instructions.
(b) Inner peace.
(c) God's forgiveness.
(d) The emergence of sin.
5. In Book I, Chapter III, what is the rosary made of?
(a) Animal teeth.
(c) Spines of a fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author states that impure thoughts from spiritual luxury are a result of the pleasure humans find in what?
2. What is the topic of the prologue?
3. According to St. John, one going through the dark night does not experience pleasure in what?
4. According to St. John, what replaces spiritual anxiety after passing through the dark night?
5. The author says the severity of the trials of a person going through the dark night depends on what?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)