|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book II, Chapter VI, how many kinds of pain result from the meeting of the divine and human?
2. In Book II, Chapter IV, what is purged on the second night of darkness?
(a) Both parts of the soul together.
(b) All mortal sins.
(c) All unclean thoughts.
(d) Only the sensual part of the soul.
3. St. John writes that because of the goodness of God's divine wisdom, the soul actually feels as if it is being what?
4. St. John explains that beginners who have pride become impatient with whom?
(a) God and themselves.
(c) Loved ones.
5. What does God feed new beginners according to the author?
(d) Spiritual milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter V, beginners fall victim to wrath when they lets the sins of other do what?
2. As described in Book II, Chapter II, what are deeply rooted in the spirit of a person and must be removed by the purging of the soul?
3. How does the soul change during the dark night?
4. What do beginners have to go through to increase their strength and lose their imperfections, according to Book I, Chapter 1?
5. In Book I, Chapter II, what sin do beginners exhibit when they choose leaders who agree with their views?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)