|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In <i>Dark Night of the Soul</i>, what does the soul wait for in the second night of darkness?
(a) The emergence of sin.
(b) Inner peace.
(c) God's forgiveness.
(d) God's instructions.
2. What might descend upon a Christian while he is going through the dark night, as described in the final chapter of Book I?
(a) A desire for secrets.
(b) A feeling of inner peace.
(c) A perverse or giddy spirit.
(d) Fits of insanity.
3. Who is the author of <i>Dark Night of the Soul</i>?
(a) St. Patrick.
(b) St. Ignatius.
(c) St. Michael.
(d) St. John.
4. In Book I, Chapter III, what is the rosary made of?
(a) Spines of a fish.
(d) Animal teeth.
5. In Book I, Chapter II, what sin do beginners exhibit when they choose leaders who agree with their views?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the second night purify?
2. During the dark night, what does the Christian want to do when the spirit of blasphemy descends, according to Book I, Chapter XIV?
3. The purging of the soul in the feeling of poverty is compared to what in Book II, Chapter VI?
4. What is the theme of Book I, Chapter IV?
5. As described in Book II, Chapter II, what are deeply rooted in the spirit of a person and must be removed by the purging of the soul?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)