|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What symbolism is used to describe how the dark night dries up sensual pleasure?
(a) A cistern of water.
(b) Plant roots.
(c) Breast milk.
2. Who is the author of Dark Night of the Soul?
(a) St. Ignatius.
(b) St. Patrick.
(c) St. Michael.
(d) St. John.
3. What is not encouraged to grow in a sensual friendship, according to Book I, Chapter IV?
(a) True relationships.
(b) Love for others.
(c) Understanding for the other person.
(d) The love of God.
4. What does the spirit of a man search for in the darkness?
(a) His soulmate.
(b) His soul.
5. Beside the feelings of poverty, what is necessary to completely purge the spirit?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Dark Night of the Soul, what does the soul wait for in the second night of darkness?
2. In Book I, Chapter X, what can people become if they do not recognize they are going through the dark night?
3. When does the deadening of a person to the presence of sin get refreshed, according to the author?
4. In Book I, Chapter XII, the soul develops a fear of what during the dark night?
5. From what part of the body does the dark night allow man to be free?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)