|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. St. Johns states that believers react to God similarly to what?
(a) The sun and the moon.
(b) Changing wind.
2. According to St. John, what kind of day is it when a man searches for God in a divine way instead of a human way?
3. The seven deadly sins are recognized by what Christian community?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) The Lutheran Church.
(c) The Baptist Church.
(d) The Pentecostal Church.
4. As described in Book II, Chapter II, what are deeply rooted in the spirit of a person and must be removed by the purging of the soul?
(a) The seven deadly sins.
(b) Habitual imperfections.
(c) Spiritual imperfections.
(d) Mortal sin.
5. What do beginners have to go through to increase their strength and lose their imperfections, according to Book I, Chapter 1?
(a) A dark night.
(b) A journey through heaven.
(c) A baptism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does St. John say affects Christians in a way that they are easily swayed by their senses and see imaginary visions?
2. According to St. John, what happens when beginners try to build their own spirituality instead of waiting on God?
3. In Book I, Chapter III, what is the rosary made of?
4. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the second night purify?
5. In Book II, Chapter I, what does the beginning Christian become after passing through the dark night?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)