|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter XII | Book I, Chapter XIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. St. John says that the dark night causes the soul to gain a healthy respect for what?
2. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
(a) Collecting money.
(b) Being angry at others.
(c) Spiritual exercises.
(d) Having sexual affairs.
3. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the first night purify?
(b) The soul.
(c) Mortal sin.
(d) The sensual.
4. What is the topic of the prologue?
(a) Other authors' works.
(b) The purpose of the book.
(c) A history of the Bible.
(d) The biography of the author.
5. What does St. John say happens after a person is involved in spiritual activities for wrath to enter into a beginner's life?
(a) The pleasure fades.
(b) The person is lazy.
(c) There is no monetary gain.
(d) There is no further instruction from God.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter V, beginners fall victim to wrath when they lets the sins of other do what?
2. What do beginners have to go through to increase their strength and lose their imperfections, according to Book I, Chapter 1?
3. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
4. To what does St. John compare a new Christian?
5. From what part of the body does the dark night allow man to be free?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)