|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter XII | Book I, Chapter XIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. St. John explains that beginners who have pride become impatient with whom?
(a) Loved ones.
(b) God and themselves.
2. A peaceful time with God will spark the spirit of what, according to the author?
(a) Love in the soul.
(b) God's mercy.
(c) Contempt for sin.
3. What does God feed new beginners according to the author?
(a) Spiritual milk.
4. From what part of the body does the dark night allow man to be free?
(a) The mind.
(b) The heart.
(c) The lower half.
(d) The eyes.
5. Who is the author of <i>Dark Night of the Soul</i>?
(a) St. Ignatius.
(b) St. Patrick.
(c) St. John.
(d) St. Michael.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not encouraged to grow in a sensual friendship, according to Book I, Chapter IV?
2. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
3. What is the theme of Book I, Chapter IV?
4. In <i>Dark Night of the Soul</i> during the dark night, the soul learns that by itself it is what?
5. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)