|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter XII | Book I, Chapter XIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the second night purify?
(a) God's love.
(b) Spiritual luxury.
(c) The soul.
(d) The sensual.
2. St. John explains that beginners who have pride become impatient with whom?
(a) God and themselves.
(d) Loved ones.
3. In Dark Night of the Soul, with what do slothful Christians have trouble aligning themselves?
(a) God's will.
(c) A pure heart.
(d) Hard work.
4. In Book I, Chapter X, what can people become if they do not recognize they are going through the dark night?
(d) More sinful.
5. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does God feed new beginners according to the author?
2. The author states that impure thoughts from spiritual luxury are a result of the pleasure humans find in what?
3. According to St. John, what does the spirit of those who enter the dark night feel?
4. What is not encouraged to grow in a sensual friendship, according to Book I, Chapter IV?
5. What does St. John say happens after a person is involved in spiritual activities for wrath to enter into a beginner's life?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)