|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter XII | Book I, Chapter XIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter III, what is the rosary made of?
(a) Animal teeth.
(d) Spines of a fish.
2. The soul starts to develop a habit of what during the dark night, as stated in Book I, Chapter XIII?
(a) Peaceful sleep.
(b) Strong temptation of sin.
(c) Remembrance of God.
(d) Identifying sin.
3. St. John explains that beginners who have pride become impatient with whom?
(a) God and themselves.
(d) Loved ones.
4. Who is the author of Dark Night of the Soul?
(a) St. Ignatius.
(b) St. Patrick.
(c) St. John.
(d) St. Michael.
5. On what does the author expound, in Book I, Chapter XI?
(a) The work of another author.
(b) A Bible verse.
(c) God's message to himself.
(d) The poem from the prologue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does St. John say happens after a person is involved in spiritual activities for wrath to enter into a beginner's life?
2. The author states that impure thoughts from spiritual luxury are a result of the pleasure humans find in what?
3. How does the soul change during the dark night?
4. What is another name for avarice?
5. What do beginning Christians feel happens when they grow in faith and deal with suffering for God's sake, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)