|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter XII | Book I, Chapter XIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
(a) Spiritual exercises.
(b) Collecting money.
(c) Having sexual affairs.
(d) Being angry at others.
2. What does St. John say happens after a person is involved in spiritual activities for wrath to enter into a beginner's life?
(a) The pleasure fades.
(b) The person is lazy.
(c) There is no further instruction from God.
(d) There is no monetary gain.
3. St. John says that almost all beginners will experience what?
(a) Spiritual purgation.
(b) Divine wisdom.
(c) Sensual purgation.
4. Who is the author of Dark Night of the Soul?
(a) St. Michael.
(b) St. Patrick.
(c) St. John.
(d) St. Ignatius.
5. In Dark Night of the Soul, with what do slothful Christians have trouble aligning themselves?
(b) God's will.
(c) A pure heart.
(d) Hard work.
Short Answer Questions
1. St. John says that the dark night causes the soul to gain a healthy respect for what?
2. In Book I, Chapter III, what is the rosary made of?
3. According to St. John, what strong desire does a new Christian experience?
4. In Book I, Chapter VII, what do beginners do when they hear others being praised?
5. A peaceful time with God will spark the spirit of what, according to the author?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)