|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter XII | Book I, Chapter XIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does St. John say happens after a person is involved in spiritual activities for wrath to enter into a beginner's life?
(a) There is no monetary gain.
(b) The person is lazy.
(c) The pleasure fades.
(d) There is no further instruction from God.
2. What is the title of the poem that is introduced in the prologue?
(a) "Song of the Soul."
(b) "The Stanzas of the Soul."
(c) "Song of Songs."
(d) "Mount Carmel."
3. St. John explains that beginners who have pride become impatient with whom?
(a) God and themselves.
(b) Loved ones.
4. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
5. In Dark Night of the Soul during the dark night, the soul learns that by itself it is what?
(a) Weak and miserable.
(b) Worthless to the devil.
(d) Sinful and guilty.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does St. John compare a new Christian?
2. What does God feed new beginners according to the author?
3. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the first night purify?
4. The author states that impure thoughts from spiritual luxury are a result of the pleasure humans find in what?
5. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the second night purify?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)