|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter XII | Book I, Chapter XIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter XII, the soul develops a fear of what during the dark night?
(a) Other's love.
(c) God's love.
2. In Dark Night of the Soul during the dark night, the soul learns that by itself it is what?
(b) Weak and miserable.
(c) Worthless to the devil.
(d) Sinful and guilty.
3. From what part of the body does the dark night allow man to be free?
(a) The heart.
(b) The mind.
(c) The lower half.
(d) The eyes.
4. What is another name for avarice?
5. In Dark Night of the Soul, with what do slothful Christians have trouble aligning themselves?
(b) A pure heart.
(c) God's will.
(d) Hard work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of Dark Night of the Soul?
2. What is the title of the poem that is introduced in the prologue?
3. In Book I, Chapter V, beginners fall victim to wrath when they lets the sins of other do what?
4. To what does St. John compare a new Christian?
5. St. John explains that beginners who have pride become impatient with whom?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)