|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter XII | Book I, Chapter XIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
2. The soul starts to develop a habit of what during the dark night, as stated in Book I, Chapter XIII?
(a) Strong temptation of sin.
(b) Identifying sin.
(c) Peaceful sleep.
(d) Remembrance of God.
3. What is another name for avarice?
4. What do beginners have to go through to increase their strength and lose their imperfections, according to Book I, Chapter 1?
(b) A baptism.
(c) A dark night.
(d) A journey through heaven.
5. The author states that impure thoughts from spiritual luxury are a result of the pleasure humans find in what?
(b) Spiritual things.
(c) Lust for others.
(d) Earthly things.
Short Answer Questions
1. St. John says that the dark night causes the soul to gain a healthy respect for what?
2. A peaceful time with God will spark the spirit of what, according to the author?
3. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
4. In Book I, Chapter V, beginners fall victim to wrath when they lets the sins of other do what?
5. How does the soul change during the dark night?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)