|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter XII | Book I, Chapter XIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does St. John say happens after a person is involved in spiritual activities for wrath to enter into a beginner's life?
(a) The pleasure fades.
(b) There is no further instruction from God.
(c) There is no monetary gain.
(d) The person is lazy.
2. According to St. John, one going through the dark night does not experience pleasure in what?
(a) Anything physical.
(b) Anything spiritual.
(c) Committing sin.
(d) Anything spiritual or physical.
3. In Dark Night of the Soul during the dark night, the soul learns that by itself it is what?
(a) Worthless to the devil.
(b) Sinful and guilty.
(d) Weak and miserable.
4. What is the title of the poem that is introduced in the prologue?
(a) "Mount Carmel."
(b) "Song of Songs."
(c) "The Stanzas of the Soul."
(d) "Song of the Soul."
5. Who is the author of Dark Night of the Soul?
(a) St. Patrick.
(b) St. Ignatius.
(c) St. Michael.
(d) St. John.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the sin that occurs when a beginner hears another being praised and wants the praise for himself?
2. When entering into the dark night, what does God cause the soul of the person to simply desire, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
3. St. John says that almost all beginners will experience what?
4. What is another name for avarice?
5. The author states that impure thoughts from spiritual luxury are a result of the pleasure humans find in what?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)