|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter XII | Book I, Chapter XIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the first night purify?
(a) The soul.
(b) The sensual.
(c) Mortal sin.
2. According to St. John, what does the spirit of those who enter the dark night feel?
(a) The weight of sin.
(b) God's desire.
3. In Book I, Chapter II, what sin do beginners exhibit when they choose leaders who agree with their views?
4. What is the theme of Book I, Chapter IV?
(a) God's wrath.
(b) Lack of faith.
(c) Spiritual luxury.
(d) Faith and money.
5. The soul starts to develop a habit of what during the dark night, as stated in Book I, Chapter XIII?
(a) Strong temptation of sin.
(b) Identifying sin.
(c) Remembrance of God.
(d) Peaceful sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Dark Night of the Soul, with what do slothful Christians have trouble aligning themselves?
2. According to St. John, one going through the dark night does not experience pleasure in what?
3. In Book I, Chapter III, what is the rosary made of?
4. On what does the author expound, in Book I, Chapter XI?
5. Who is the author of Dark Night of the Soul?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)