|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter XII | Book I, Chapter XIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Dark Night of the Soul during the dark night, the soul learns that by itself it is what?
(b) Worthless to the devil.
(c) Weak and miserable.
(d) Sinful and guilty.
2. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the second night purify?
(a) Spiritual luxury.
(b) The soul.
(c) The sensual.
(d) God's love.
3. In Book I, Chapter XII, the soul develops a fear of what during the dark night?
(c) God's love.
(d) Other's love.
4. What is the title of the poem that is introduced in the prologue?
(a) "Mount Carmel."
(b) "Song of the Soul."
(c) "The Stanzas of the Soul."
(d) "Song of Songs."
5. What is the theme of Book I, Chapter IV?
(a) God's wrath.
(b) Faith and money.
(c) Lack of faith.
(d) Spiritual luxury.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does St. John say happens after a person is involved in spiritual activities for wrath to enter into a beginner's life?
2. When entering into the dark night, what does God cause the soul of the person to simply desire, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
3. St. John explains that beginners who have pride become impatient with whom?
4. What does the author say the devil uses against beginners who have pride?
5. To what does St. John compare a new Christian?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)