|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter XII | Book I, Chapter XIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter II, what sin do beginners exhibit when they choose leaders who agree with their views?
2. In Book I, Chapter VII, what do beginners do when they hear others being praised?
(a) They get angry at those being praised.
(b) They devalue the praise.
(c) They get angry at God.
(d) They praise the others as well.
3. In Book I, Chapter XII, the soul develops a fear of what during the dark night?
(b) God's love.
(c) Other's love.
4. To what does St. John compare a new Christian?
(a) A weed.
(b) A cloud.
(c) A new baby.
(d) A dying flower.
5. The author states that impure thoughts from spiritual luxury are a result of the pleasure humans find in what?
(a) Spiritual things.
(b) Earthly things.
(d) Lust for others.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does the author expound, in Book I, Chapter XI?
2. What is the topic of the prologue?
3. A peaceful time with God will spark the spirit of what, according to the author?
4. From what part of the body does the dark night allow man to be free?
5. What is the theme of Book I, Chapter IV?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)