|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter XII | Book I, Chapter XIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of the prologue?
(a) The purpose of the book.
(b) Other authors' works.
(c) The biography of the author.
(d) A history of the Bible.
2. A peaceful time with God will spark the spirit of what, according to the author?
(b) Contempt for sin.
(c) Love in the soul.
(d) God's mercy.
3. St. John explains that beginners who have pride become impatient with whom?
(a) God and themselves.
(b) Loved ones.
4. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
(c) The Devil.
5. The author states that impure thoughts from spiritual luxury are a result of the pleasure humans find in what?
(b) Lust for others.
(c) Spiritual things.
(d) Earthly things.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to St. John, what does the spirit of those who enter the dark night feel?
2. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the first night purify?
3. What is the theme of Book I, Chapter IV?
4. In Dark Night of the Soul during the dark night, the soul learns that by itself it is what?
5. In Book I, Chapter II, what sin do beginners exhibit when they choose leaders who agree with their views?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)