|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter XII | Book I, Chapter XIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. St. John says that the dark night causes the soul to gain a healthy respect for what?
2. What do beginning Christians feel happens when they grow in faith and deal with suffering for God's sake, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
(a) Their sins worsen.
(b) God suddenly abandons them.
(c) God draws closer to them.
(d) They no longer believe in their faith.
3. What does St. John say happens after a person is involved in spiritual activities for wrath to enter into a beginner's life?
(a) There is no further instruction from God.
(b) The pleasure fades.
(c) The person is lazy.
(d) There is no monetary gain.
4. In Book I, Chapter II, what sin do beginners exhibit when they choose leaders who agree with their views?
5. How does the soul change during the dark night?
(a) It becomes ready for heaven.
(b) It experiences a holy event.
(c) It "grows up."
(d) It becomes "soft."
Short Answer Questions
1. The soul starts to develop a habit of what during the dark night, as stated in Book I, Chapter XIII?
2. In Book I, Chapter V, beginners fall victim to wrath when they lets the sins of other do what?
3. According to St. John, what does the spirit of those who enter the dark night feel?
4. What is the title of the poem that is introduced in the prologue?
5. What is the topic of the prologue?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)