|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter XII | Book I, Chapter XIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter VII, what do beginners do when they hear others being praised?
(a) They devalue the praise.
(b) They praise the others as well.
(c) They get angry at God.
(d) They get angry at those being praised.
2. In Book I, Chapter V, beginners fall victim to wrath when they lets the sins of other do what?
(a) Irritate them.
(b) Influence decisions.
(d) Enter their lives.
3. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
4. To what does St. John compare a new Christian?
(a) A cloud.
(b) A dying flower.
(c) A weed.
(d) A new baby.
5. According to St. John, what strong desire does a new Christian experience?
(a) Sensual pleasure.
(b) A need for acceptance.
(c) A thirst for God.
(d) The desire to be good.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter II, what sin do beginners exhibit when they choose leaders who agree with their views?
2. What is the theme of Book I, Chapter IV?
3. On what does the author expound, in Book I, Chapter XI?
4. When entering into the dark night, what does God cause the soul of the person to simply desire, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
5. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the first night purify?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)