|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter XII | Book I, Chapter XIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do beginners have to go through to increase their strength and lose their imperfections, according to Book I, Chapter 1?
(b) A journey through heaven.
(c) A baptism.
(d) A dark night.
2. According to St. John, one going through the dark night does not experience pleasure in what?
(a) Anything spiritual or physical.
(b) Anything spiritual.
(c) Committing sin.
(d) Anything physical.
3. What is the title of the poem that is introduced in the prologue?
(a) "Mount Carmel."
(b) "Song of Songs."
(c) "The Stanzas of the Soul."
(d) "Song of the Soul."
4. Who is the author of Dark Night of the Soul?
(a) St. Michael.
(b) St. John.
(c) St. Patrick.
(d) St. Ignatius.
5. St. John says that the dark night causes the soul to gain a healthy respect for what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Dark Night of the Soul during the dark night, the soul learns that by itself it is what?
2. According to St. John, what happens when beginners try to build their own spirituality instead of waiting on God?
3. According to St. John, what strong desire does a new Christian experience?
4. A peaceful time with God will spark the spirit of what, according to the author?
5. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)