|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter XII | Book I, Chapter XIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
(d) The Devil.
2. In Book I, Chapter II, what sin do beginners exhibit when they choose leaders who agree with their views?
3. What does the author say the devil uses against beginners who have pride?
4. Who is the author of Dark Night of the Soul?
(a) St. Patrick.
(b) St. Michael.
(c) St. Ignatius.
(d) St. John.
5. How does the soul change during the dark night?
(a) It becomes "soft."
(b) It "grows up."
(c) It becomes ready for heaven.
(d) It experiences a holy event.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the theme of Book I, Chapter IV?
2. The soul starts to develop a habit of what during the dark night, as stated in Book I, Chapter XIII?
3. From what part of the body does the dark night allow man to be free?
4. When entering into the dark night, what does God cause the soul of the person to simply desire, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
5. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the first night purify?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)