|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter VIII | Book I, Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to St. John, one going through the dark night does not experience pleasure in what?
(a) Anything spiritual or physical.
(b) Anything spiritual.
(c) Anything physical.
(d) Committing sin.
2. Who is the author of Dark Night of the Soul?
(a) St. Michael.
(b) St. Patrick.
(c) St. John.
(d) St. Ignatius.
3. What is the topic of the prologue?
(a) Other authors' works.
(b) The biography of the author.
(c) A history of the Bible.
(d) The purpose of the book.
4. What does God feed new beginners according to the author?
(d) Spiritual milk.
5. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the first night purify?
(b) The soul.
(c) Mortal sin.
(d) The sensual.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to St. John, what happens when beginners try to build their own spirituality instead of waiting on God?
2. What does St. John say happens after a person is involved in spiritual activities for wrath to enter into a beginner's life?
3. When entering into the dark night, what does God cause the soul of the person to simply desire, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
4. To what does St. John compare a new Christian?
5. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)