|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter VIII | Book I, Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do beginning Christians feel happens when they grow in faith and deal with suffering for God's sake, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
(a) They no longer believe in their faith.
(b) God draws closer to them.
(c) Their sins worsen.
(d) God suddenly abandons them.
2. What is the topic of the prologue?
(a) The purpose of the book.
(b) A history of the Bible.
(c) The biography of the author.
(d) Other authors' works.
3. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the second night purify?
(a) The soul.
(b) The sensual.
(c) God's love.
(d) Spiritual luxury.
4. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the first night purify?
(a) The sensual.
(b) Mortal sin.
(d) The soul.
5. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
(a) The Devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter III, what is the rosary made of?
2. In Dark Night of the Soul, with what do slothful Christians have trouble aligning themselves?
3. What does St. John say happens after a person is involved in spiritual activities for wrath to enter into a beginner's life?
4. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
5. St. John explains that beginners who have pride become impatient with whom?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)