|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter VIII | Book I, Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter II, what sin do beginners exhibit when they choose leaders who agree with their views?
2. What do beginners have to go through to increase their strength and lose their imperfections, according to Book I, Chapter 1?
(b) A dark night.
(c) A journey through heaven.
(d) A baptism.
3. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
(a) Spiritual exercises.
(b) Having sexual affairs.
(c) Being angry at others.
(d) Collecting money.
4. St. John explains that beginners who have pride become impatient with whom?
(b) Loved ones.
(c) God and themselves.
5. What is another name for avarice?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the first night purify?
2. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
3. What is the theme of Book I, Chapter IV?
4. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the second night purify?
5. What does the author say the devil uses against beginners who have pride?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)