|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter VIII | Book I, Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say the devil uses against beginners who have pride?
2. When entering into the dark night, what does God cause the soul of the person to simply desire, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
(a) Quiet and to be alone.
(b) Peace and nature.
(c) The company of a spiritual leader.
(d) The love of God and others.
3. Who is the author of <i>Dark Night of the Soul</i>?
(a) St. Ignatius.
(b) St. John.
(c) St. Patrick.
(d) St. Michael.
4. In Book I, Chapter V, beginners fall victim to wrath when they lets the sins of other do what?
(a) Enter their lives.
(c) Irritate them.
(d) Influence decisions.
5. St. John explains that beginners who have pride become impatient with whom?
(c) God and themselves.
(d) Loved ones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the topic of the prologue?
2. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
3. What does St. John say happens after a person is involved in spiritual activities for wrath to enter into a beginner's life?
4. In <i>Dark Night of the Soul</i>, with what do slothful Christians have trouble aligning themselves?
5. In Book I, Chapter II, what sin do beginners exhibit when they choose leaders who agree with their views?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)