|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter VIII | Book I, Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter III, what is the rosary made of?
(a) Spines of a fish.
(c) Animal teeth.
2. What do beginning Christians feel happens when they grow in faith and deal with suffering for God's sake, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
(a) They no longer believe in their faith.
(b) God suddenly abandons them.
(c) God draws closer to them.
(d) Their sins worsen.
3. To what does St. John compare a new Christian?
(a) A cloud.
(b) A dying flower.
(c) A new baby.
(d) A weed.
4. According to St. John, what happens when beginners try to build their own spirituality instead of waiting on God?
(a) They begin to feel like they no longer need God.
(b) They begin to influence other into sin.
(c) They become frustrated with the progress.
(d) They succeed.
5. What do beginners have to go through to increase their strength and lose their imperfections, according to Book I, Chapter 1?
(a) A journey through heaven.
(b) A dark night.
(d) A baptism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does God feed new beginners according to the author?
2. Who is the author of Dark Night of the Soul?
3. In Dark Night of the Soul, with what do slothful Christians have trouble aligning themselves?
4. St. John explains that beginners who have pride become impatient with whom?
5. What does the author say the devil uses against beginners who have pride?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)