|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter VIII | Book I, Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
2. What do beginning Christians feel happens when they grow in faith and deal with suffering for God's sake, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
(a) God draws closer to them.
(b) Their sins worsen.
(c) God suddenly abandons them.
(d) They no longer believe in their faith.
3. The author states that impure thoughts from spiritual luxury are a result of the pleasure humans find in what?
(a) Spiritual things.
(c) Earthly things.
(d) Lust for others.
4. According to St. John, one going through the dark night does not experience pleasure in what?
(a) Anything spiritual or physical.
(b) Anything physical.
(c) Anything spiritual.
(d) Committing sin.
5. According to St. John, what happens when beginners try to build their own spirituality instead of waiting on God?
(a) They begin to influence other into sin.
(b) They succeed.
(c) They become frustrated with the progress.
(d) They begin to feel like they no longer need God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does God feed new beginners according to the author?
2. What does the author say the devil uses against beginners who have pride?
3. The seven deadly sins are recognized by what Christian community?
4. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
5. In Book I, Chapter VII, what do beginners do when they hear others being praised?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)