|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter VIII | Book I, Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does St. John say happens after a person is involved in spiritual activities for wrath to enter into a beginner's life?
(a) There is no monetary gain.
(b) The person is lazy.
(c) There is no further instruction from God.
(d) The pleasure fades.
2. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
(c) The Devil.
3. St. John explains that beginners who have pride become impatient with whom?
(b) God and themselves.
(c) Loved ones.
4. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
(a) Collecting money.
(b) Spiritual exercises.
(c) Having sexual affairs.
(d) Being angry at others.
5. What is the name of the sin that occurs when a beginner hears another being praised and wants the praise for himself?
(a) Impure heart.
(b) Spiritual luxury.
(c) Spiritual envy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the theme of Book I, Chapter IV?
2. What is the title of the poem that is introduced in the prologue?
3. What is another name for avarice?
4. In Dark Night of the Soul, with what do slothful Christians have trouble aligning themselves?
5. What do beginning Christians feel happens when they grow in faith and deal with suffering for God's sake, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)