|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter VIII | Book I, Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of the prologue?
(a) The biography of the author.
(b) The purpose of the book.
(c) Other authors' works.
(d) A history of the Bible.
2. What is another name for avarice?
3. What is the name of the sin that occurs when a beginner hears another being praised and wants the praise for himself?
(b) Impure heart.
(c) Spiritual envy.
(d) Spiritual luxury.
4. What does St. John say happens after a person is involved in spiritual activities for wrath to enter into a beginner's life?
(a) There is no further instruction from God.
(b) There is no monetary gain.
(c) The pleasure fades.
(d) The person is lazy.
5. What does God feed new beginners according to the author?
(d) Spiritual milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
2. What does the author say the devil uses against beginners who have pride?
3. St. John explains that beginners who have pride become impatient with whom?
4. In Book I, Chapter III, what is the rosary made of?
5. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)