|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter VIII | Book I, Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
(a) Spiritual exercises.
(b) Collecting money.
(c) Having sexual affairs.
(d) Being angry at others.
2. In Book I, Chapter II, what sin do beginners exhibit when they choose leaders who agree with their views?
3. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
4. In Book I, Chapter V, beginners fall victim to wrath when they lets the sins of other do what?
(a) Influence decisions.
(b) Enter their lives.
(c) Irritate them.
5. What is not encouraged to grow in a sensual friendship, according to Book I, Chapter IV?
(a) The love of God.
(b) Love for others.
(c) Understanding for the other person.
(d) True relationships.
Short Answer Questions
1. The seven deadly sins are recognized by what Christian community?
2. What is the theme of Book I, Chapter IV?
3. What do beginners have to go through to increase their strength and lose their imperfections, according to Book I, Chapter 1?
4. The author states that impure thoughts from spiritual luxury are a result of the pleasure humans find in what?
5. What does St. John say happens after a person is involved in spiritual activities for wrath to enter into a beginner's life?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)