|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter VIII | Book I, Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does God feed new beginners according to the author?
(c) Spiritual milk.
2. What do beginners have to go through to increase their strength and lose their imperfections, according to Book I, Chapter 1?
(b) A dark night.
(c) A baptism.
(d) A journey through heaven.
3. When entering into the dark night, what does God cause the soul of the person to simply desire, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
(a) The love of God and others.
(b) Quiet and to be alone.
(c) The company of a spiritual leader.
(d) Peace and nature.
4. What does St. John say happens after a person is involved in spiritual activities for wrath to enter into a beginner's life?
(a) The pleasure fades.
(b) There is no further instruction from God.
(c) The person is lazy.
(d) There is no monetary gain.
5. According to St. John, what happens when beginners try to build their own spirituality instead of waiting on God?
(a) They become frustrated with the progress.
(b) They begin to influence other into sin.
(c) They succeed.
(d) They begin to feel like they no longer need God.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter II, what sin do beginners exhibit when they choose leaders who agree with their views?
2. The seven deadly sins are recognized by what Christian community?
3. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
4. St. John says that almost all beginners will experience what?
5. St. John explains that beginners who have pride become impatient with whom?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)