|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter VIII | Book I, Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to St. John, one going through the dark night does not experience pleasure in what?
(a) Committing sin.
(b) Anything spiritual or physical.
(c) Anything spiritual.
(d) Anything physical.
2. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
3. What does the author say the devil uses against beginners who have pride?
4. What is not encouraged to grow in a sensual friendship, according to Book I, Chapter IV?
(a) True relationships.
(b) Love for others.
(c) The love of God.
(d) Understanding for the other person.
5. In Book I, Chapter V, beginners fall victim to wrath when they lets the sins of other do what?
(b) Influence decisions.
(c) Irritate them.
(d) Enter their lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the second night purify?
2. What is the theme of Book I, Chapter IV?
3. What do beginners have to go through to increase their strength and lose their imperfections, according to Book I, Chapter 1?
4. What is the topic of the prologue?
5. To what does St. John compare a new Christian?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)