|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter VIII | Book I, Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another name for avarice?
2. St. John explains that beginners who have pride become impatient with whom?
(b) God and themselves.
(c) Loved ones.
3. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the first night purify?
(b) The soul.
(c) The sensual.
(d) Mortal sin.
4. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
5. Who is the author of Dark Night of the Soul?
(a) St. John.
(b) St. Ignatius.
(c) St. Patrick.
(d) St. Michael.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not encouraged to grow in a sensual friendship, according to Book I, Chapter IV?
2. What does St. John say happens after a person is involved in spiritual activities for wrath to enter into a beginner's life?
3. The author states that impure thoughts from spiritual luxury are a result of the pleasure humans find in what?
4. What is the title of the poem that is introduced in the prologue?
5. According to St. John, what happens when beginners try to build their own spirituality instead of waiting on God?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)