|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter VIII | Book I, Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not encouraged to grow in a sensual friendship, according to Book I, Chapter IV?
(a) Understanding for the other person.
(b) True relationships.
(c) The love of God.
(d) Love for others.
2. What is the topic of the prologue?
(a) The purpose of the book.
(b) The biography of the author.
(c) Other authors' works.
(d) A history of the Bible.
3. In Book I, Chapter II, what sin do beginners exhibit when they choose leaders who agree with their views?
4. When entering into the dark night, what does God cause the soul of the person to simply desire, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
(a) The company of a spiritual leader.
(b) Peace and nature.
(c) Quiet and to be alone.
(d) The love of God and others.
5. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do beginners have to go through to increase their strength and lose their imperfections, according to Book I, Chapter 1?
2. According to St. John, one going through the dark night does not experience pleasure in what?
3. What is the title of the poem that is introduced in the prologue?
4. What do beginning Christians feel happens when they grow in faith and deal with suffering for God's sake, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
5. What is the name of the sin that occurs when a beginner hears another being praised and wants the praise for himself?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)