|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter VIII | Book I, Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the theme of Book I, Chapter IV?
(a) God's wrath.
(b) Faith and money.
(c) Spiritual luxury.
(d) Lack of faith.
2. The author states that impure thoughts from spiritual luxury are a result of the pleasure humans find in what?
(b) Earthly things.
(c) Spiritual things.
(d) Lust for others.
3. To what does St. John compare a new Christian?
(a) A weed.
(b) A dying flower.
(c) A cloud.
(d) A new baby.
4. Who is the author of Dark Night of the Soul?
(a) St. Patrick.
(b) St. John.
(c) St. Ignatius.
(d) St. Michael.
5. What is the topic of the prologue?
(a) The purpose of the book.
(b) Other authors' works.
(c) A history of the Bible.
(d) The biography of the author.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
2. What is the title of the poem that is introduced in the prologue?
3. St. John says that almost all beginners will experience what?
4. In Book I, Chapter VII, what do beginners do when they hear others being praised?
5. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)