|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter VIII | Book I, Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter V, beginners fall victim to wrath when they lets the sins of other do what?
(a) Influence decisions.
(b) Enter their lives.
(c) Irritate them.
2. What is the title of the poem that is introduced in the prologue?
(a) "The Stanzas of the Soul."
(b) "Song of the Soul."
(c) "Mount Carmel."
(d) "Song of Songs."
3. The seven deadly sins are recognized by what Christian community?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) The Lutheran Church.
(c) The Baptist Church.
(d) The Pentecostal Church.
4. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the second night purify?
(a) God's love.
(b) Spiritual luxury.
(c) The sensual.
(d) The soul.
5. In Dark Night of the Soul, with what do slothful Christians have trouble aligning themselves?
(a) A pure heart.
(c) God's will.
(d) Hard work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not encouraged to grow in a sensual friendship, according to Book I, Chapter IV?
2. In Book I, Chapter VII, what do beginners do when they hear others being praised?
3. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
4. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
5. What is the topic of the prologue?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)