|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter VIII | Book I, Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to St. John, one going through the dark night does not experience pleasure in what?
(a) Anything physical.
(b) Anything spiritual.
(c) Committing sin.
(d) Anything spiritual or physical.
2. Who is the author of Dark Night of the Soul?
(a) St. Ignatius.
(b) St. Patrick.
(c) St. John.
(d) St. Michael.
3. In Book I, Chapter II, what sin do beginners exhibit when they choose leaders who agree with their views?
4. St. John explains that beginners who have pride become impatient with whom?
(b) Loved ones.
(d) God and themselves.
5. What does St. John say happens after a person is involved in spiritual activities for wrath to enter into a beginner's life?
(a) There is no further instruction from God.
(b) The pleasure fades.
(c) There is no monetary gain.
(d) The person is lazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does St. John compare a new Christian?
2. In Book I, Chapter III, what is the rosary made of?
3. What do beginning Christians feel happens when they grow in faith and deal with suffering for God's sake, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
4. What does the author say the devil uses against beginners who have pride?
5. What do beginners have to go through to increase their strength and lose their imperfections, according to Book I, Chapter 1?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)