|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter VIII | Book I, Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter II, what sin do beginners exhibit when they choose leaders who agree with their views?
2. What does God feed new beginners according to the author?
(b) Spiritual milk.
3. According to St. John, one going through the dark night does not experience pleasure in what?
(a) Anything physical.
(b) Anything spiritual.
(c) Committing sin.
(d) Anything spiritual or physical.
4. The seven deadly sins are recognized by what Christian community?
(a) The Baptist Church.
(b) The Lutheran Church.
(c) The Catholic Church.
(d) The Pentecostal Church.
5. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
(d) The Devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say the devil uses against beginners who have pride?
2. What is another name for avarice?
3. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the first night purify?
4. Who is the author of Dark Night of the Soul?
5. What is the theme of Book I, Chapter IV?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)