|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter VIII | Book I, Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of Dark Night of the Soul?
(a) St. Ignatius.
(b) St. John.
(c) St. Patrick.
(d) St. Michael.
2. What is another name for avarice?
3. What is not encouraged to grow in a sensual friendship, according to Book I, Chapter IV?
(a) True relationships.
(b) Understanding for the other person.
(c) The love of God.
(d) Love for others.
4. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the first night purify?
(a) Mortal sin.
(b) The soul.
(d) The sensual.
5. The seven deadly sins are recognized by what Christian community?
(a) The Baptist Church.
(b) The Pentecostal Church.
(c) The Lutheran Church.
(d) The Catholic Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the second night purify?
2. St. John says that almost all beginners will experience what?
3. What is the theme of Book I, Chapter IV?
4. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
5. What does God feed new beginners according to the author?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)