|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter VIII | Book I, Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the first night purify?
(a) The soul.
(b) The sensual.
(d) Mortal sin.
2. What is another name for avarice?
3. What do beginning Christians feel happens when they grow in faith and deal with suffering for God's sake, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
(a) God suddenly abandons them.
(b) Their sins worsen.
(c) God draws closer to them.
(d) They no longer believe in their faith.
4. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
5. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
(a) Having sexual affairs.
(b) Spiritual exercises.
(c) Collecting money.
(d) Being angry at others.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Dark Night of the Soul, with what do slothful Christians have trouble aligning themselves?
2. In Book I, Chapter III, what is the rosary made of?
3. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
4. St. John says that almost all beginners will experience what?
5. What does God feed new beginners according to the author?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)