|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter VIII | Book I, Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of Dark Night of the Soul?
(a) St. Michael.
(b) St. Patrick.
(c) St. Ignatius.
(d) St. John.
2. What does St. John say happens after a person is involved in spiritual activities for wrath to enter into a beginner's life?
(a) The person is lazy.
(b) There is no further instruction from God.
(c) There is no monetary gain.
(d) The pleasure fades.
3. In Book I, Chapter II, what sin do beginners exhibit when they choose leaders who agree with their views?
4. What do beginning Christians feel happens when they grow in faith and deal with suffering for God's sake, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
(a) God suddenly abandons them.
(b) Their sins worsen.
(c) They no longer believe in their faith.
(d) God draws closer to them.
5. According to St. John, what happens when beginners try to build their own spirituality instead of waiting on God?
(a) They begin to feel like they no longer need God.
(b) They begin to influence other into sin.
(c) They become frustrated with the progress.
(d) They succeed.
Short Answer Questions
1. When entering into the dark night, what does God cause the soul of the person to simply desire, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
2. In Book I, Chapter III, what is the rosary made of?
3. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
4. In Book I, Chapter VII, what do beginners do when they hear others being praised?
5. What is the title of the poem that is introduced in the prologue?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)