|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter VIII | Book I, Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the theme of Book I, Chapter IV?
(a) Faith and money.
(b) Lack of faith.
(c) Spiritual luxury.
(d) God's wrath.
2. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the first night purify?
(a) Mortal sin.
(c) The sensual.
(d) The soul.
3. When entering into the dark night, what does God cause the soul of the person to simply desire, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
(a) Quiet and to be alone.
(b) The love of God and others.
(c) The company of a spiritual leader.
(d) Peace and nature.
4. What does God feed new beginners according to the author?
(c) Spiritual milk.
5. In Book I, Chapter III, what is the rosary made of?
(c) Spines of a fish.
(d) Animal teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do beginners have to go through to increase their strength and lose their imperfections, according to Book I, Chapter 1?
2. To what does St. John compare a new Christian?
3. According to St. John, what happens when beginners try to build their own spirituality instead of waiting on God?
4. What do beginning Christians feel happens when they grow in faith and deal with suffering for God's sake, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
5. What is the topic of the prologue?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)