|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter VIII | Book I, Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
(c) The Devil.
2. What do beginning Christians feel happens when they grow in faith and deal with suffering for God's sake, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
(a) They no longer believe in their faith.
(b) God suddenly abandons them.
(c) Their sins worsen.
(d) God draws closer to them.
3. Who is the author of Dark Night of the Soul?
(a) St. Michael.
(b) St. John.
(c) St. Ignatius.
(d) St. Patrick.
4. In Book I, Chapter V, beginners fall victim to wrath when they lets the sins of other do what?
(b) Influence decisions.
(c) Irritate them.
(d) Enter their lives.
5. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to St. John, what happens when beginners try to build their own spirituality instead of waiting on God?
2. The author states that impure thoughts from spiritual luxury are a result of the pleasure humans find in what?
3. When entering into the dark night, what does God cause the soul of the person to simply desire, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
4. To what does St. John compare a new Christian?
5. What is the theme of Book I, Chapter IV?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)