Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter VIII | Book I, Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to St. John, one going through the dark night does not experience pleasure in what?
(a) Anything spiritual.
(b) Anything spiritual or physical.
(c) Anything physical.
(d) Committing sin.
2. In Book I, Chapter III, what is the rosary made of?
(a) Spines of a fish.
(b) Animal teeth.
3. The seven deadly sins are recognized by what Christian community?
(a) The Pentecostal Church.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The Lutheran Church.
(d) The Baptist Church.
4. In Book I, Chapter V, beginners fall victim to wrath when they lets the sins of other do what?
(b) Influence decisions.
(c) Enter their lives.
(d) Irritate them.
5. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the first night purify?
(a) Mortal sin.
(b) The soul.
(d) The sensual.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does God feed new beginners according to the author?
2. Who is the author of <i>Dark Night of the Soul</i>?
3. According to St. John, what happens when beginners try to build their own spirituality instead of waiting on God?
4. St. John says that almost all beginners will experience what?
5. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)