|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book II, Chapter VII, what will souls not believe when experiencing a dark night with so much pain?
(a) God loves them.
(b) The guilt of sin.
(c) The balance of nature.
(d) The duty of man.
2. In Dark Night of the Soul during the dark night, the soul learns that by itself it is what?
(a) Worthless to the devil.
(c) Sinful and guilty.
(d) Weak and miserable.
3. How many steps are on the ladder of love?
(a) A hundred.
4. In Book II, Chapter XII, what does the spirit of wisdom and love also affects?
(b) The earth.
(c) Angel's souls.
(d) The universe.
5. In what other way does the author describe the passions of man being at rest?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the soul find in the dark night that it must face, according to Book II, Chapter IX?
2. What does the author call things that stop the human soul from seeking God?
3. It is necessary for the spirit and the sensual portion of man to be separated in order for what to happen, according to Book II, Chapter III?
4. What does the soul do on the second step of the ladder of love, according to Book II, Chapter XIX?
5. Why does the soul become secure after passing through the dark night, according to St. John?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)