|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The seven deadly sins are recognized by what Christian community?
(a) The Baptist Church.
(b) The Pentecostal Church.
(c) The Lutheran Church.
(d) The Catholic Church.
2. What does the soul find in the dark night that it must face, according to Book II, Chapter IX?
3. According to St. John, people who have never experienced a dark night do not understand what this feels like?
(a) God's forgiveness.
(b) Spiritual freedom.
(c) Sin's grasp.
4. According to Book II, Chapter XIV, why does the soul speak these lines: "I went forth without being observed / My house being now at rest"?
(a) Out of guilt.
(b) Out of remorse.
(c) Out of sadness.
(d) Out of happiness.
5. What happens when there are periods of rest for the soul during the dark night?
(a) The soul heals itself.
(b) The soul is attacked harder than before.
(c) The soul rejects God's love.
(d) The soul is freed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main topic of Book II, Chapter XVII?
2. Where do the afflictions of the second night of darkness affect a man, as stated in Book II, Chapter VII?
3. In Book II, Chapter XX, what does the soul learn on the tenth step?
4. In Book II, Chapter XII, what--more than understanding--will be imparted to the soul because of the will of God?
5. What is the main topic of discussion in Book II, Chapter XV?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)