|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the second night purify?
(a) Spiritual luxury.
(b) The soul.
(c) The sensual.
(d) God's love.
2. Without passing through the dark night, the author says that people are still what of their natural desires and wants?
3. How many steps are on the ladder of love?
(b) A hundred.
4. What does the soul become enkindled with during the dark night, according to Book II, Chapter X?
(a) The love of God.
(b) Revulsion to faith.
(c) The weight of sin.
(d) Repentance of sin.
5. How many important points are made in Book II, Chapter X, about the purification process?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for avarice?
2. The dark night refers to the darkness of what?
3. What is the main topic of Book II, Chapter XVII?
4. What object represents the passions of the natural man, according to Book II, Chapter XIV?
5. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)