|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Dark Night of the Soul, with what do slothful Christians have trouble aligning themselves?
(b) Hard work.
(c) God's will.
(d) A pure heart.
2. What does St. John say a man has that will impede the process of unifying with God?
(c) Lack of education.
3. In Book II, Chapter XII, what--more than understanding--will be imparted to the soul because of the will of God?
4. With what are the spirits in purgatory purged?
(a) God's love.
(b) Real fire.
5. In Dark Night of the Soul, the power of hell would have no power over the soul if there were no what in the human soul?
(a) Hope of God.
(c) Spark of humanity.
(d) Desire for sin.
Short Answer Questions
1. The soul starts to develop a habit of what during the dark night, as stated in Book I, Chapter XIII?
2. To what can the fifth step of the ladder of love be compared?
3. What happens when there are periods of rest for the soul during the dark night?
4. When is the only time a soul can ascend to the sixth step?
5. In Dark Night of the Soul, the soul praises the darkness from which it has escaped what?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)