|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Book II, Chapter XIV, why does the soul speak these lines: "I went forth without being observed / My house being now at rest"?
(a) Out of happiness.
(b) Out of sadness.
(c) Out of guilt.
(d) Out of remorse.
2. In Dark Night of the Soul, with what do slothful Christians have trouble aligning themselves?
(b) God's will.
(c) Hard work.
(d) A pure heart.
3. How many important points are made in Book II, Chapter X, about the purification process?
4. How does the author compare God's trail as He leads the soul on the journey through the dark night?
(a) The circle of life.
(b) A walk on the sea.
(c) A dive off a cliff.
(d) The flight of a bird.
5. To what is the secret ladder a reference, as mentioned in Book II, Chapter XV?
(a) The ladder of living faith.
(b) The ladder of sin.
(c) The path to becoming like God.
(d) The stairs to heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object represents the passions of the natural man, according to Book II, Chapter XIV?
2. What are souls on the sixth step granted, according to St. John?
3. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the second night purify?
4. According to St. John, on what step does the soul seek to do something worthy of God without any favor from God?
5. In Dark Night of the Soul during the dark night, the soul learns that by itself it is what?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)