|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. St. John says that it becomes clear which parts are purified and which are still not purified during what time in the dark night?
(a) Periods of rest.
(b) The end.
(c) The beginning.
(d) The darkest point.
2. The dark night refers to the darkness of what?
(a) Human sin.
(b) The end of the world.
(c) Natural senses.
(d) Human guilt.
3. What is the name of the sin that occurs when a beginner hears another being praised and wants the praise for himself?
(a) Spiritual luxury.
(b) Spiritual envy.
(d) Impure heart.
4. What happened to Jeremias and Moses after being infused with the wisdom of God?
(a) They were knocked unconscious.
(b) There were unable to speak.
(c) They became wealthy.
(d) They spoke in another language.
5. St. John writes that because of the goodness of God's divine wisdom, the soul actually feels as if it is being what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What symbolism is used to describe how the dark night dries up sensual pleasure?
2. It is necessary for the spirit and the sensual portion of man to be separated in order for what to happen, according to Book II, Chapter III?
3. When the souls on earth are purged, with what do they become infused, according to Book II, Chapter XII?
4. What is another name for avarice?
5. How does the soul change during the dark night?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)