|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Without passing through the dark night, the author says that people are still what of their natural desires and wants?
2. How does the author compare God's trail as He leads the soul on the journey through the dark night?
(a) The flight of a bird.
(b) A dive off a cliff.
(c) A walk on the sea.
(d) The circle of life.
3. When is a person supposed to start climbing the secret ladder?
(a) After passing through the dark night.
(b) After death.
(c) When first believing in God.
(d) Directly after birth.
4. As described in Book II, Chapter II, what are deeply rooted in the spirit of a person and must be removed by the purging of the soul?
(a) Spiritual imperfections.
(b) Mortal sin.
(c) The seven deadly sins.
(d) Habitual imperfections.
5. In Dark Night of the Soul, the soul praises the darkness from which it has escaped what?
(a) The danger zone.
(b) Sensual affections.
(c) God's wrath.
(d) Mortal sin.
Short Answer Questions
1. The seven deadly sins are recognized by what Christian community?
2. According to the author, why must the soul forget all forms of natural love?
3. What happens when the soul has a more complete purging, according to the author?
4. In Book II, Chapter IV, what is purged on the second night of darkness?
5. It is necessary for the spirit and the sensual portion of man to be separated in order for what to happen, according to Book II, Chapter III?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)