|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the soul has a more complete purging, according to the author?
(a) The better of a chance to enter heaven.
(b) The better of a chance to backslide.
(c) The more likely to sin.
(d) The closer to God a being will become.
2. The example the author uses about purification illustrates an understanding of what concept?
(a) The strengthening of the soul by sin.
(b) The strengthening of the spirit by God's wrath.
(c) The purging of the spirit by leaving behind sin.
(d) The purging of the soul by divine love.
3. In Book I, Chapter VII, what do beginners do when they hear others being praised?
(a) They get angry at God.
(b) They devalue the praise.
(c) They get angry at those being praised.
(d) They praise the others as well.
4. What is another name for avarice?
5. When is the only time a soul can ascend to the sixth step?
(a) After fasting.
(b) By God's invitation.
(c) After death.
(d) Before becoming baptized.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to St. John, on what step does the soul seek to do something worthy of God without any favor from God?
2. In Book I, Chapter III, what is the rosary made of?
3. What does St. John say a man has that will impede the process of unifying with God?
4. What is the example the author uses in describing the way the purification process works?
5. When the souls on earth are purged, with what do they become infused, according to Book II, Chapter XII?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)