|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say the devil uses against beginners who have pride?
2. What happened to Jeremias and Moses after being infused with the wisdom of God?
(a) There were unable to speak.
(b) They spoke in another language.
(c) They were knocked unconscious.
(d) They became wealthy.
3. In Book II, Chapter XVII, who is given the knowledge of the divine?
(a) No one.
(b) Only priests.
(d) Not everyone.
4. What does the author call things that stop the human soul from seeking God?
(a) Enemies of man.
(b) Friends of humans.
(c) Sinful devils.
5. The soul starts to develop a habit of what during the dark night, as stated in Book I, Chapter XIII?
(a) Peaceful sleep.
(b) Remembrance of God.
(c) Strong temptation of sin.
(d) Identifying sin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What step of the ladder feels like heaven on earth?
2. The seven deadly sins are recognized by what Christian community?
3. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the first night purify?
4. How many steps are on the ladder of love?
5. In Book I, Chapter III, what is the rosary made of?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)