|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the spirit of a man search for in the darkness?
(a) His soul.
(d) His soulmate.
2. In Book II, Chapter IX, what will a person become as he goes through a harder labor and more severe pain?
(a) More desirable by God.
(b) Less perfect.
(c) More perfect.
(d) More sinful.
3. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the second night purify?
(a) The sensual.
(b) God's love.
(c) Spiritual luxury.
(d) The soul.
4. What is another name for avarice?
5. When a man searches for God in a divine way, the spirit and the soul of that person are transformed into what, according to Book II, Chapter V?
(a) An innocent child.
(b) The likeness of God.
(c) A new person.
(d) A sinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book II, Chapter XX, what does the soul learn on the tenth step?
2. To what can the fifth step of the ladder of love be compared?
3. With what are the spirits in purgatory purged?
4. St. John explains that beginners who have pride become impatient with whom?
5. What do beginning Christians feel happens when they grow in faith and deal with suffering for God's sake, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)