|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Dark Night of the Soul, what does the soul wait for in the second night of darkness?
(a) The emergence of sin.
(b) God's instructions.
(c) Inner peace.
(d) God's forgiveness.
2. In Dark Night of the Soul, with what do slothful Christians have trouble aligning themselves?
(a) Hard work.
(b) A pure heart.
(c) God's will.
3. In Dark Night of the Soul, the power of hell would have no power over the soul if there were no what in the human soul?
(b) Desire for sin.
(c) Spark of humanity.
(d) Hope of God.
4. When is the only time a soul can ascend to the sixth step?
(a) After death.
(b) By God's invitation.
(c) Before becoming baptized.
(d) After fasting.
5. What object represents the passions of the natural man, according to Book II, Chapter XIV?
(a) A feather.
(b) A house.
(c) A church.
(d) A tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Dark Night of the Soul, the soul praises the darkness from which it has escaped what?
2. According to St. John, on what step does the soul seek to do something worthy of God without any favor from God?
3. What happened to Jeremias and Moses after being infused with the wisdom of God?
4. In Book I, Chapter XII, the soul develops a fear of what during the dark night?
5. What two things cannot exist in the same person?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)