|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book II, Chapter IX, what will a person become as he goes through a harder labor and more severe pain?
(a) More perfect.
(b) More desirable by God.
(c) More sinful.
(d) Less perfect.
2. What happens when there are periods of rest for the soul during the dark night?
(a) The soul rejects God's love.
(b) The soul is attacked harder than before.
(c) The soul heals itself.
(d) The soul is freed.
3. According to Book II, Chapter XIV, why does the soul speak these lines: "I went forth without being observed / My house being now at rest"?
(a) Out of sadness.
(b) Out of happiness.
(c) Out of remorse.
(d) Out of guilt.
4. In Book I, Chapter II, what sin do beginners exhibit when they choose leaders who agree with their views?
5. St. John says that almost all beginners will experience what?
(b) Divine wisdom.
(c) Spiritual purgation.
(d) Sensual purgation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does St. John say affects Christians in a way that they are easily swayed by their senses and see imaginary visions?
2. When entering into the dark night, what does God cause the soul of the person to simply desire, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
3. When is the only time a soul can ascend to the sixth step?
4. What happened to Jeremias and Moses after being infused with the wisdom of God?
5. In Book II, Chapter XVII, who is given the knowledge of the divine?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)