|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to St. John, people who have never experienced a dark night do not understand what this feels like?
(b) Spiritual freedom.
(c) God's forgiveness.
(d) Sin's grasp.
2. What does the author say the devil uses against beginners who have pride?
3. How does the soul change during the dark night?
(a) It "grows up."
(b) It becomes ready for heaven.
(c) It becomes "soft."
(d) It experiences a holy event.
4. St. John's use of writing about a spiritual ladder as a path to unification with God is an example of what?
5. In Dark Night of the Soul, the power of hell would have no power over the soul if there were no what in the human soul?
(b) Hope of God.
(c) Spark of humanity.
(d) Desire for sin.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to St. John, one going through the dark night does not experience pleasure in what?
2. St. John writes that because of the goodness of God's divine wisdom, the soul actually feels as if it is being what?
3. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the second night purify?
4. When entering into the dark night, what does God cause the soul of the person to simply desire, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
5. When the souls on earth are purged, with what do they become infused, according to Book II, Chapter XII?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)