|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dark night refers to the darkness of what?
(a) Human guilt.
(b) The end of the world.
(c) Natural senses.
(d) Human sin.
2. According to St. John, on what step does the soul seek to do something worthy of God without any favor from God?
3. What step of the ladder feels like heaven on earth?
4. In Dark Night of the Soul, what does the soul wait for in the second night of darkness?
(a) God's instructions.
(b) God's forgiveness.
(c) Inner peace.
(d) The emergence of sin.
5. When is a person supposed to start climbing the secret ladder?
(a) When first believing in God.
(b) After death.
(c) Directly after birth.
(d) After passing through the dark night.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to St. John, what kind of day is it when a man searches for God in a divine way instead of a human way?
2. What is the main topic of Book II, Chapter XVII?
3. Where do the afflictions of the second night of darkness affect a man, as stated in Book II, Chapter VII?
4. What does the soul become enkindled with during the dark night, according to Book II, Chapter X?
5. St. John says that it becomes clear which parts are purified and which are still not purified during what time in the dark night?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)