|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter II | Book II, Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the sin that occurs when a beginner hears another being praised and wants the praise for himself?
(b) Impure heart.
(c) Spiritual luxury.
(d) Spiritual envy.
2. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
(a) Spiritual exercises.
(b) Having sexual affairs.
(c) Being angry at others.
(d) Collecting money.
3. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
4. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
(b) The Devil.
5. In Book I, Chapter II, what sin do beginners exhibit when they choose leaders who agree with their views?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Dark Night of the Soul during the dark night, the soul learns that by itself it is what?
2. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the second night purify?
3. What is another name for avarice?
4. St. John says that the dark night causes the soul to gain a healthy respect for what?
5. In Dark Night of the Soul, with what do slothful Christians have trouble aligning themselves?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)