|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter II | Book II, Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. St. Johns states that believers react to God similarly to what?
(a) The sun and the moon.
(c) Changing wind.
2. In Book I, Chapter XII, the soul develops a fear of what during the dark night?
(c) God's love.
(d) Other's love.
3. In Book I, Chapter III, what is the rosary made of?
(b) Animal teeth.
(d) Spines of a fish.
4. In Book II, Chapter IV, what is purged on the second night of darkness?
(a) Only the sensual part of the soul.
(b) All mortal sins.
(c) All unclean thoughts.
(d) Both parts of the soul together.
5. What does the author say the devil uses against beginners who have pride?
Short Answer Questions
1. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
2. St. John says that almost all beginners will experience what?
3. What is the name of the sin that occurs when a beginner hears another being praised and wants the praise for himself?
4. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the second night purify?
5. St. John explains that beginners who have pride become impatient with whom?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)