|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter II | Book II, Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter XII, the soul develops a fear of what during the dark night?
(b) God's love.
(d) Other's love.
2. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
(d) The Devil.
3. The seven deadly sins are recognized by what Christian community?
(a) The Lutheran Church.
(b) The Pentecostal Church.
(c) The Catholic Church.
(d) The Baptist Church.
4. How does the soul change during the dark night?
(a) It becomes "soft."
(b) It experiences a holy event.
(c) It becomes ready for heaven.
(d) It "grows up."
5. In Book I, Chapter III, what is the rosary made of?
(a) Animal teeth.
(d) Spines of a fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. St. Johns states that believers react to God similarly to what?
2. What does St. John say affects Christians in a way that they are easily swayed by their senses and see imaginary visions?
3. According to St. John, one going through the dark night does not experience pleasure in what?
4. What is the name of the sin that occurs when a beginner hears another being praised and wants the praise for himself?
5. In Dark Night of the Soul, with what do slothful Christians have trouble aligning themselves?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)