|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter II | Book II, Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
(c) The Devil.
2. In Book I, Chapter XII, the soul develops a fear of what during the dark night?
(a) God's love.
(b) Other's love.
3. St. Johns states that believers react to God similarly to what?
(a) Changing wind.
(b) The sun and the moon.
4. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
5. St. John says that the dark night causes the soul to gain a healthy respect for what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Dark Night of the Soul, with what do slothful Christians have trouble aligning themselves?
2. St. John says that almost all beginners will experience what?
3. The seven deadly sins are recognized by what Christian community?
4. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the first night purify?
5. When does the deadening of a person to the presence of sin get refreshed, according to the author?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)