|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter II | Book II, Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What symbolism is used to describe how the dark night dries up sensual pleasure?
(a) Breast milk.
(b) Plant roots.
(d) A cistern of water.
2. In Book I, Chapter II, what sin do beginners exhibit when they choose leaders who agree with their views?
3. St. John says that the dark night causes the soul to gain a healthy respect for what?
4. In Dark Night of the Soul during the dark night, the soul learns that by itself it is what?
(a) Sinful and guilty.
(c) Weak and miserable.
(d) Worthless to the devil.
5. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the second night purify?
(a) The sensual.
(b) God's love.
(c) Spiritual luxury.
(d) The soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the sin that occurs when a beginner hears another being praised and wants the praise for himself?
2. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the first night purify?
3. In Dark Night of the Soul, with what do slothful Christians have trouble aligning themselves?
4. St. John explains that beginners who have pride become impatient with whom?
5. It is necessary for the spirit and the sensual portion of man to be separated in order for what to happen, according to Book II, Chapter III?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)