|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter II | Book II, Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do beginning Christians feel happens when they grow in faith and deal with suffering for God's sake, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
(a) They no longer believe in their faith.
(b) God draws closer to them.
(c) Their sins worsen.
(d) God suddenly abandons them.
2. In Dark Night of the Soul during the dark night, the soul learns that by itself it is what?
(a) Weak and miserable.
(c) Worthless to the devil.
(d) Sinful and guilty.
3. What symbolism is used to describe how the dark night dries up sensual pleasure?
(a) Plant roots.
(b) Breast milk.
(d) A cistern of water.
4. In Book I, Chapter III, what is the rosary made of?
(b) Animal teeth.
(d) Spines of a fish.
5. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the first night purify?
(a) The sensual.
(c) Mortal sin.
(d) The soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter II, what sin do beginners exhibit when they choose leaders who agree with their views?
2. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the second night purify?
3. How does the soul change during the dark night?
4. St. John explains that beginners who have pride become impatient with whom?
5. In Book II, Chapter IV, what is purged on the second night of darkness?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)