|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter II | Book II, Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the first night purify?
(a) Mortal sin.
(c) The soul.
(d) The sensual.
2. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the second night purify?
(a) Spiritual luxury.
(b) The sensual.
(c) God's love.
(d) The soul.
3. In Book I, Chapter VII, what do beginners do when they hear others being praised?
(a) They get angry at God.
(b) They devalue the praise.
(c) They praise the others as well.
(d) They get angry at those being praised.
4. As described in Book II, Chapter II, what are deeply rooted in the spirit of a person and must be removed by the purging of the soul?
(a) The seven deadly sins.
(b) Mortal sin.
(c) Spiritual imperfections.
(d) Habitual imperfections.
5. What is the name of the sin that occurs when a beginner hears another being praised and wants the praise for himself?
(a) Spiritual envy.
(c) Impure heart.
(d) Spiritual luxury.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
2. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
3. When does the deadening of a person to the presence of sin get refreshed, according to the author?
4. In Book I, Chapter II, what sin do beginners exhibit when they choose leaders who agree with their views?
5. What does St. John say affects Christians in a way that they are easily swayed by their senses and see imaginary visions?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)