|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter II | Book II, Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. St. John says that the dark night causes the soul to gain a healthy respect for what?
2. It is necessary for the spirit and the sensual portion of man to be separated in order for what to happen, according to Book II, Chapter III?
(a) An entrance into heaven.
(b) The second night of darkness.
(d) God's forgiveness.
3. The soul starts to develop a habit of what during the dark night, as stated in Book I, Chapter XIII?
(a) Remembrance of God.
(b) Identifying sin.
(c) Peaceful sleep.
(d) Strong temptation of sin.
4. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the first night purify?
(a) The sensual.
(b) The soul.
(c) Mortal sin.
5. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
(c) The Devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. St. Johns states that believers react to God similarly to what?
2. How does the soul change during the dark night?
3. In Book I, Chapter XII, the soul develops a fear of what during the dark night?
4. What is the name of the sin that occurs when a beginner hears another being praised and wants the praise for himself?
5. When entering into the dark night, what does God cause the soul of the person to simply desire, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)