|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter II | Book II, Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the second night purify?
(a) Spiritual luxury.
(b) The sensual.
(c) The soul.
(d) God's love.
2. In <i>Dark Night of the Soul</i> during the dark night, the soul learns that by itself it is what?
(a) Worthless to the devil.
(c) Weak and miserable.
(d) Sinful and guilty.
3. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
(a) Being angry at others.
(b) Spiritual exercises.
(c) Collecting money.
(d) Having sexual affairs.
4. What symbolism is used to describe how the dark night dries up sensual pleasure?
(b) A cistern of water.
(c) Plant roots.
(d) Breast milk.
5. According to St. John, one going through the dark night does not experience pleasure in what?
(a) Committing sin.
(b) Anything physical.
(c) Anything spiritual.
(d) Anything spiritual or physical.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for avarice?
2. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
3. In Book I, Chapter III, what is the rosary made of?
4. The seven deadly sins are recognized by what Christian community?
5. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the first night purify?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)