|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter II | Book II, Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the first night purify?
(a) The sensual.
(b) Mortal sin.
(c) The soul.
2. In Book I, Chapter XII, the soul develops a fear of what during the dark night?
(c) Other's love.
(d) God's love.
3. In Book II, Chapter IV, what is purged on the second night of darkness?
(a) All mortal sins.
(b) Only the sensual part of the soul.
(c) Both parts of the soul together.
(d) All unclean thoughts.
4. In Dark Night of the Soul during the dark night, the soul learns that by itself it is what?
(a) Sinful and guilty.
(b) Worthless to the devil.
(d) Weak and miserable.
5. St. John says that almost all beginners will experience what?
(a) Divine wisdom.
(b) Spiritual purgation.
(c) Sensual purgation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the second night purify?
2. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
3. In Book I, Chapter III, what is the rosary made of?
4. When does the deadening of a person to the presence of sin get refreshed, according to the author?
5. When entering into the dark night, what does God cause the soul of the person to simply desire, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)