|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter II | Book II, Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the deadening of a person to the presence of sin get refreshed, according to the author?
(a) The first night of purging.
(b) During a weekly fast.
(c) Whenever in prayer with God.
(d) The second night of purging.
2. As described in Book II, Chapter II, what are deeply rooted in the spirit of a person and must be removed by the purging of the soul?
(a) Spiritual imperfections.
(b) Mortal sin.
(c) Habitual imperfections.
(d) The seven deadly sins.
3. According to St. John, one going through the dark night does not experience pleasure in what?
(a) Anything spiritual.
(b) Anything spiritual or physical.
(c) Anything physical.
(d) Committing sin.
4. St. John explains that beginners who have pride become impatient with whom?
(b) God and themselves.
(c) Loved ones.
5. What does the author say the devil uses against beginners who have pride?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter III, what is the rosary made of?
2. The seven deadly sins are recognized by what Christian community?
3. In Book I, Chapter II, what sin do beginners exhibit when they choose leaders who agree with their views?
4. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
5. What does St. John say affects Christians in a way that they are easily swayed by their senses and see imaginary visions?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)