|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter II | Book II, Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the second night purify?
(a) The soul.
(b) The sensual.
(c) God's love.
(d) Spiritual luxury.
2. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
3. When does the deadening of a person to the presence of sin get refreshed, according to the author?
(a) The first night of purging.
(b) The second night of purging.
(c) Whenever in prayer with God.
(d) During a weekly fast.
4. In Book I, Chapter II, what sin do beginners exhibit when they choose leaders who agree with their views?
5. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
(a) Having sexual affairs.
(b) Being angry at others.
(c) Spiritual exercises.
(d) Collecting money.
Short Answer Questions
1. The seven deadly sins are recognized by what Christian community?
2. In Book I, Chapter VII, what do beginners do when they hear others being praised?
3. What does St. John say affects Christians in a way that they are easily swayed by their senses and see imaginary visions?
4. What is another name for avarice?
5. St. John explains that beginners who have pride become impatient with whom?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)