|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter II | Book II, Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
2. In Book I, Chapter III, what is the rosary made of?
(a) Animal teeth.
(b) Spines of a fish.
3. The soul starts to develop a habit of what during the dark night, as stated in Book I, Chapter XIII?
(a) Peaceful sleep.
(b) Strong temptation of sin.
(c) Remembrance of God.
(d) Identifying sin.
4. How does the soul change during the dark night?
(a) It becomes ready for heaven.
(b) It experiences a holy event.
(c) It becomes "soft."
(d) It "grows up."
5. When entering into the dark night, what does God cause the soul of the person to simply desire, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
(a) Quiet and to be alone.
(b) The company of a spiritual leader.
(c) The love of God and others.
(d) Peace and nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. The seven deadly sins are recognized by what Christian community?
2. What do beginning Christians feel happens when they grow in faith and deal with suffering for God's sake, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
3. What does the author say the devil uses against beginners who have pride?
4. In Book I, Chapter XII, the soul develops a fear of what during the dark night?
5. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)