|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
2. How does the soul change during the dark night?
(a) It becomes "soft."
(b) It "grows up."
(c) It experiences a holy event.
(d) It becomes ready for heaven.
3. In Book II, Chapter XII, what--more than understanding--will be imparted to the soul because of the will of God?
4. In <i>Dark Night of the Soul</i>, what does the soul wait for in the second night of darkness?
(a) God's instructions.
(b) The emergence of sin.
(c) God's forgiveness.
(d) Inner peace.
5. In <i>Dark Night of the Soul</i>, with what do slothful Christians have trouble aligning themselves?
(a) A pure heart.
(b) Hard work.
(d) God's will.
Short Answer Questions
1. St. John says that the dark night causes the soul to gain a healthy respect for what?
2. The dark night refers to the darkness of what?
3. What happens when the soul has a more complete purging, according to the author?
4. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
5. What does the spirit of a man search for in the darkness?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)