|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, why must the soul forget all forms of natural love?
(a) To appreciate divine love.
(b) To become more like God.
(c) To reflect the state of a baby.
(d) To be reminded of sin.
2. St. John says that the dark night causes the soul to gain a healthy respect for what?
3. In Book II, Chapter XII, what does the spirit of wisdom and love also affects?
(a) Angel's souls.
(b) The earth.
(d) The universe.
4. St. John writes that because of the goodness of God's divine wisdom, the soul actually feels as if it is being what?
5. In Book II, Chapter XII, what--more than understanding--will be imparted to the soul because of the will of God?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the soul change during the dark night?
2. What does St. John say a man has that will impede the process of unifying with God?
3. In Dark Night of the Soul, what does the soul wait for in the second night of darkness?
4. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
5. In Book II, Chapter IX, what will a person become as he goes through a harder labor and more severe pain?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)