|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Dark Night of the Soul, with what do slothful Christians have trouble aligning themselves?
(a) Hard work.
(b) A pure heart.
(c) God's will.
2. What two things cannot exist in the same person?
(a) Desire and goodwill.
(b) The divine and the natural.
(c) God and the devil.
(d) Guilt and pride.
3. When a man searches for God in a divine way, the spirit and the soul of that person are transformed into what, according to Book II, Chapter V?
(a) A sinner.
(b) An innocent child.
(c) The likeness of God.
(d) A new person.
4. According to the author, why must the soul forget all forms of natural love?
(a) To appreciate divine love.
(b) To reflect the state of a baby.
(c) To be reminded of sin.
(d) To become more like God.
5. In Book II, Chapter XII, what--more than understanding--will be imparted to the soul because of the will of God?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the soul has a more complete purging, according to the author?
2. In Dark Night of the Soul during the dark night, the soul learns that by itself it is what?
3. The dark night refers to the darkness of what?
4. When the souls on earth are purged, with what do they become infused, according to Book II, Chapter XII?
5. St. John writes that because of the goodness of God's divine wisdom, the soul actually feels as if it is being what?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)