|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
(a) Collecting money.
(b) Having sexual affairs.
(c) Being angry at others.
(d) Spiritual exercises.
2. When a man searches for God in a divine way, the spirit and the soul of that person are transformed into what, according to Book II, Chapter V?
(a) The likeness of God.
(b) An innocent child.
(c) A new person.
(d) A sinner.
3. What happens when the soul has a more complete purging, according to the author?
(a) The more likely to sin.
(b) The closer to God a being will become.
(c) The better of a chance to enter heaven.
(d) The better of a chance to backslide.
4. What is the name of the sin that occurs when a beginner hears another being praised and wants the praise for himself?
(a) Spiritual luxury.
(b) Spiritual envy.
(d) Impure heart.
5. In Book II, Chapter XII, what--more than understanding--will be imparted to the soul because of the will of God?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book II, Chapter IX, what will a person become as he goes through a harder labor and more severe pain?
2. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
3. St. John writes that because of the goodness of God's divine wisdom, the soul actually feels as if it is being what?
4. In Book II, Chapter XII, what does the spirit of wisdom and love also affects?
5. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)