|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the soul find in the dark night that it must face, according to Book II, Chapter IX?
2. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
3. The dark night refers to the darkness of what?
(a) Human guilt.
(b) The end of the world.
(c) Natural senses.
(d) Human sin.
4. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
(a) Having sexual affairs.
(b) Collecting money.
(c) Being angry at others.
(d) Spiritual exercises.
5. In Book II, Chapter XII, what does the spirit of wisdom and love also affects?
(a) The universe.
(b) Angel's souls.
(c) The earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a man searches for God in a divine way, the spirit and the soul of that person are transformed into what, according to Book II, Chapter V?
2. With what are the spirits in purgatory purged?
3. What happens when the soul has a more complete purging, according to the author?
4. St. John writes that because of the goodness of God's divine wisdom, the soul actually feels as if it is being what?
5. In Book II, Chapter IX, what will a person become as he goes through a harder labor and more severe pain?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)