|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. St. John writes that because of the goodness of God's divine wisdom, the soul actually feels as if it is being what?
2. In Book II, Chapter XII, what--more than understanding--will be imparted to the soul because of the will of God?
3. What does St. John say a man has that will impede the process of unifying with God?
(a) Lack of education.
4. What does the spirit of a man search for in the darkness?
(c) His soul.
(d) His soulmate.
5. What two things cannot exist in the same person?
(a) Desire and goodwill.
(b) God and the devil.
(c) The divine and the natural.
(d) Guilt and pride.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book II, Chapter IX, what will a person become as he goes through a harder labor and more severe pain?
2. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
3. How does the soul change during the dark night?
4. In Dark Night of the Soul, with what do slothful Christians have trouble aligning themselves?
5. In Dark Night of the Soul during the dark night, the soul learns that by itself it is what?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)