|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
(d) The Devil.
2. St. John writes that souls on earth are purged with the fire of what?
3. What does the author describe as the reason for the underlying pain of the soul in preparation with a union with God?
(a) The balance of the world.
(b) The payment of sin.
(c) God's demands of revenge.
(d) The underlying impurity of the soul.
4. What does St. John say a man has that will impede the process of unifying with God?
(b) Lack of education.
5. What two things cannot exist in the same person?
(a) God and the devil.
(b) Desire and goodwill.
(c) The divine and the natural.
(d) Guilt and pride.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book II, Chapter IX, what will a person become as he goes through a harder labor and more severe pain?
2. St. John writes that because of the goodness of God's divine wisdom, the soul actually feels as if it is being what?
3. When a man searches for God in a divine way, the spirit and the soul of that person are transformed into what, according to Book II, Chapter V?
4. According to St. John, what kind of day is it when a man searches for God in a divine way instead of a human way?
5. With what are the spirits in purgatory purged?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)