|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to St. John, what kind of day is it when a man searches for God in a divine way instead of a human way?
2. In Book II, Chapter XII, what--more than understanding--will be imparted to the soul because of the will of God?
3. In Dark Night of the Soul, with what do slothful Christians have trouble aligning themselves?
(a) Hard work.
(c) God's will.
(d) A pure heart.
4. St. John says that the dark night causes the soul to gain a healthy respect for what?
5. The soul starts to develop a habit of what during the dark night, as stated in Book I, Chapter XIII?
(a) Peaceful sleep.
(b) Strong temptation of sin.
(c) Identifying sin.
(d) Remembrance of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the spirit of a man search for in the darkness?
2. When a man searches for God in a divine way, the spirit and the soul of that person are transformed into what, according to Book II, Chapter V?
3. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
4. What does the author describe as the reason for the underlying pain of the soul in preparation with a union with God?
5. With what are the spirits in purgatory purged?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)