|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the souls on earth are purged, with what do they become infused, according to Book II, Chapter XII?
(a) Guilt and suffering.
(b) Love and wisdom.
(c) Grace and redemption.
(d) Freedom and pain.
2. In Book II, Chapter IX, what will a person become as he goes through a harder labor and more severe pain?
(a) More desirable by God.
(b) More perfect.
(c) More sinful.
(d) Less perfect.
3. In Dark Night of the Soul, what does the soul wait for in the second night of darkness?
(a) God's forgiveness.
(b) The emergence of sin.
(c) Inner peace.
(d) God's instructions.
4. How does the soul change during the dark night?
(a) It becomes "soft."
(b) It "grows up."
(c) It becomes ready for heaven.
(d) It experiences a holy event.
5. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
(a) The Devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the sin that occurs when a beginner hears another being praised and wants the praise for himself?
2. What does the spirit of a man search for in the darkness?
3. In Book I, Chapter XII, the soul develops a fear of what during the dark night?
4. In Book II, Chapter XII, what does the spirit of wisdom and love also affects?
5. In Dark Night of the Soul during the dark night, the soul learns that by itself it is what?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)