|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book II, Chapter IX, what will a person become as he goes through a harder labor and more severe pain?
(a) More sinful.
(b) More desirable by God.
(c) Less perfect.
(d) More perfect.
2. How does the soul change during the dark night?
(a) It experiences a holy event.
(b) It "grows up."
(c) It becomes ready for heaven.
(d) It becomes "soft."
3. With what are the spirits in purgatory purged?
(b) Real fire.
(c) God's love.
4. When a man searches for God in a divine way, the spirit and the soul of that person are transformed into what, according to Book II, Chapter V?
(a) The likeness of God.
(b) An innocent child.
(c) A new person.
(d) A sinner.
5. What symbolism is used to describe how the dark night dries up sensual pleasure?
(b) A cistern of water.
(c) Plant roots.
(d) Breast milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Dark Night of the Soul, what does the soul wait for in the second night of darkness?
2. According to St. John, what kind of day is it when a man searches for God in a divine way instead of a human way?
3. What does the soul find in the dark night that it must face, according to Book II, Chapter IX?
4. In Book I, Chapter VII, what do beginners do when they hear others being praised?
5. In Book II, Chapter XII, what does the spirit of wisdom and love also affects?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)