|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author describe as the reason for the underlying pain of the soul in preparation with a union with God?
(a) The balance of the world.
(b) God's demands of revenge.
(c) The payment of sin.
(d) The underlying impurity of the soul.
2. What two things cannot exist in the same person?
(a) Guilt and pride.
(b) The divine and the natural.
(c) God and the devil.
(d) Desire and goodwill.
3. When a man searches for God in a divine way, the spirit and the soul of that person are transformed into what, according to Book II, Chapter V?
(a) A new person.
(b) The likeness of God.
(c) An innocent child.
(d) A sinner.
4. In Book II, Chapter XII, what does the spirit of wisdom and love also affects?
(a) Angel's souls.
(c) The earth.
(d) The universe.
5. What happens when the soul has a more complete purging, according to the author?
(a) The more likely to sin.
(b) The better of a chance to backslide.
(c) The better of a chance to enter heaven.
(d) The closer to God a being will become.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Dark Night of the Soul, what does the soul wait for in the second night of darkness?
2. What does the soul find in the dark night that it must face, according to Book II, Chapter IX?
3. St. John writes that souls on earth are purged with the fire of what?
4. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
5. St. John writes that because of the goodness of God's divine wisdom, the soul actually feels as if it is being what?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)