|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does St. John say a man has that will impede the process of unifying with God?
(c) Lack of education.
2. What does the spirit of a man search for in the darkness?
(a) His soul.
(b) His soulmate.
3. How does the soul change during the dark night?
(a) It becomes "soft."
(b) It experiences a holy event.
(c) It "grows up."
(d) It becomes ready for heaven.
4. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
5. St. John writes that because of the goodness of God's divine wisdom, the soul actually feels as if it is being what?
Short Answer Questions
1. St. John writes that souls on earth are purged with the fire of what?
2. In Book I, Chapter VII, what do beginners do when they hear others being praised?
3. According to St. John, what kind of day is it when a man searches for God in a divine way instead of a human way?
4. With what are the spirits in purgatory purged?
5. In Dark Night of the Soul during the dark night, the soul learns that by itself it is what?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)