|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things cannot exist in the same person?
(a) God and the devil.
(b) The divine and the natural.
(c) Desire and goodwill.
(d) Guilt and pride.
2. With what are the spirits in purgatory purged?
(a) God's love.
(c) Real fire.
3. When a man searches for God in a divine way, the spirit and the soul of that person are transformed into what, according to Book II, Chapter V?
(a) A new person.
(b) An innocent child.
(c) The likeness of God.
(d) A sinner.
4. St. John writes that souls on earth are purged with the fire of what?
5. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
(a) Spiritual exercises.
(b) Collecting money.
(c) Being angry at others.
(d) Having sexual affairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book II, Chapter XII, what--more than understanding--will be imparted to the soul because of the will of God?
2. In Dark Night of the Soul, with what do slothful Christians have trouble aligning themselves?
3. What is the name of the sin that occurs when a beginner hears another being praised and wants the praise for himself?
4. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
5. What does St. John say a man has that will impede the process of unifying with God?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)