|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. St. John writes that souls on earth are purged with the fire of what?
2. How does the soul change during the dark night?
(a) It becomes "soft."
(b) It experiences a holy event.
(c) It "grows up."
(d) It becomes ready for heaven.
3. What does St. John say a man has that will impede the process of unifying with God?
(c) Lack of education.
4. When a man searches for God in a divine way, the spirit and the soul of that person are transformed into what, according to Book II, Chapter V?
(a) An innocent child.
(b) A sinner.
(c) A new person.
(d) The likeness of God.
5. When the souls on earth are purged, with what do they become infused, according to Book II, Chapter XII?
(a) Love and wisdom.
(b) Freedom and pain.
(c) Guilt and suffering.
(d) Grace and redemption.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things cannot exist in the same person?
2. In Book I, Chapter VII, what do beginners do when they hear others being praised?
3. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
4. With what are the spirits in purgatory purged?
5. In Dark Night of the Soul during the dark night, the soul learns that by itself it is what?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)