|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book II, Chapter XII, what does the spirit of wisdom and love also affects?
(a) The universe.
(b) Angel's souls.
(c) The earth.
2. In Dark Night of the Soul, what does the soul wait for in the second night of darkness?
(a) God's forgiveness.
(b) The emergence of sin.
(c) God's instructions.
(d) Inner peace.
3. What does the author describe as the reason for the underlying pain of the soul in preparation with a union with God?
(a) God's demands of revenge.
(b) The payment of sin.
(c) The underlying impurity of the soul.
(d) The balance of the world.
4. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
(d) The Devil.
5. St. John says that the dark night causes the soul to gain a healthy respect for what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the soul find in the dark night that it must face, according to Book II, Chapter IX?
2. What happens when the soul has a more complete purging, according to the author?
3. What two things cannot exist in the same person?
4. St. John writes that souls on earth are purged with the fire of what?
5. When the souls on earth are purged, with what do they become infused, according to Book II, Chapter XII?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)