|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what form is the image of the spiritual ladder first found in the Bible?
(a) A joke.
(b) A nightmare.
(c) A lie.
(d) A dream.
2. St. John says that it becomes clear which parts are purified and which are still not purified during what time in the dark night?
(a) The darkest point.
(b) The beginning.
(c) Periods of rest.
(d) The end.
3. How many important points are made in Book II, Chapter X, about the purification process?
4. The author states that people can only move on the ladder when they have a feeling of what for themselves?
5. What does God want to do with those who go through the most intense darkness of the dark night?
(a) Purge all sin.
(b) Bring them closer.
(c) Abandon them.
(d) Sacrifice them.
Short Answer Questions
1. The example the author uses about purification illustrates an understanding of what concept?
2. What directions can men take upon the secret ladder, as described in Book II, Chapter XVIII?
3. During the dark night, what does the Christian want to do when the spirit of blasphemy descends, according to Book I, Chapter XIV?
4. The author says the severity of the trials of a person going through the dark night depends on what?
5. What is the example the author uses in describing the way the purification process works?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)