|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many important points are made in Book II, Chapter X, about the purification process?
2. In Book II, Chapter I, what does the beginning Christian become after passing through the dark night?
(a) A proficient Christian.
(b) A baptized person.
(c) A sinless and perfect soul.
(d) A priest.
3. In what form is the image of the spiritual ladder first found in the Bible?
(a) A lie.
(b) A joke.
(c) A dream.
(d) A nightmare.
4. What might descend upon a Christian while he is going through the dark night, as described in the final chapter of Book I?
(a) Fits of insanity.
(b) A desire for secrets.
(c) A perverse or giddy spirit.
(d) A feeling of inner peace.
5. In Book II, Chapter XVIII, what does the secret ladder assist humans in reaching?
(a) Spiritual understanding.
(c) Forgiveness for the soul.
(d) God's dwelling place.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the dark night, what does the Christian want to do when the spirit of blasphemy descends, according to Book I, Chapter XIV?
2. Who else can descend and ascend upon the spiritual ladder besides men, according to Book II, Chapter XIII?
3. What is the example the author uses in describing the way the purification process works?
4. What directions can men take upon the secret ladder, as described in Book II, Chapter XVIII?
5. The author says the severity of the trials of a person going through the dark night depends on what?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)