|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book II, Chapter XVIII, what does the secret ladder assist humans in reaching?
(b) Forgiveness for the soul.
(c) God's dwelling place.
(d) Spiritual understanding.
2. The author states that people can only move on the ladder when they have a feeling of what for themselves?
3. In what form is the image of the spiritual ladder first found in the Bible?
(a) A nightmare.
(b) A dream.
(c) A lie.
(d) A joke.
4. Who else can descend and ascend upon the spiritual ladder besides men, according to Book II, Chapter XIII?
5. The author says the severity of the trials of a person going through the dark night depends on what?
(a) The strength of the person's soul and faith.
(b) The wealth the person can offer the church.
(c) The age of the person.
(d) The severity of the person's sin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does God want to do with those who go through the most intense darkness of the dark night?
2. What does the soul become enkindled with during the dark night, according to Book II, Chapter X?
3. The example the author uses about purification illustrates an understanding of what concept?
4. Who does the author cite as someone who has seen the spiritual ladder?
5. What directions can men take upon the secret ladder, as described in Book II, Chapter XVIII?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)