|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What directions can men take upon the secret ladder, as described in Book II, Chapter XVIII?
(a) From earth to hell.
(b) Ascension and descension.
(c) Side to side.
(d) From earth to heaven.
2. Who does the author cite as someone who has seen the spiritual ladder?
3. The author says the severity of the trials of a person going through the dark night depends on what?
(a) The wealth the person can offer the church.
(b) The severity of the person's sin.
(c) The strength of the person's soul and faith.
(d) The age of the person.
4. What might descend upon a Christian while he is going through the dark night, as described in the final chapter of Book I?
(a) A perverse or giddy spirit.
(b) A desire for secrets.
(c) A feeling of inner peace.
(d) Fits of insanity.
5. In Dark Night of the Soul, the power of hell would have no power over the soul if there were no what in the human soul?
(a) Spark of humanity.
(b) Desire for sin.
(c) Hope of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the example the author uses in describing the way the purification process works?
2. Who else can descend and ascend upon the spiritual ladder besides men, according to Book II, Chapter XIII?
3. The author states that people can only move on the ladder when they have a feeling of what for themselves?
4. In what form is the image of the spiritual ladder first found in the Bible?
5. The example the author uses about purification illustrates an understanding of what concept?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)