|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author says the severity of the trials of a person going through the dark night depends on what?
(a) The strength of the person's soul and faith.
(b) The age of the person.
(c) The severity of the person's sin.
(d) The wealth the person can offer the church.
2. According to St. John, what replaces spiritual anxiety after passing through the dark night?
3. The author states that people can only move on the ladder when they have a feeling of what for themselves?
4. In Dark Night of the Soul, the power of hell would have no power over the soul if there were no what in the human soul?
(b) Spark of humanity.
(c) Desire for sin.
(d) Hope of God.
5. In Book II, Chapter I, what does the beginning Christian become after passing through the dark night?
(a) A baptized person.
(b) A priest.
(c) A proficient Christian.
(d) A sinless and perfect soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book II, Chapter XVIII, what does the secret ladder assist humans in reaching?
2. What does God want to do with those who go through the most intense darkness of the dark night?
3. What does the soul become enkindled with during the dark night, according to Book II, Chapter X?
4. What is the example the author uses in describing the way the purification process works?
5. What directions can men take upon the secret ladder, as described in Book II, Chapter XVIII?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)