|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else can descend and ascend upon the spiritual ladder besides men, according to Book II, Chapter XIII?
2. In Dark Night of the Soul, the power of hell would have no power over the soul if there were no what in the human soul?
(a) Spark of humanity.
(b) Desire for sin.
(c) Hope of God.
3. According to St. John, what replaces spiritual anxiety after passing through the dark night?
4. What might descend upon a Christian while he is going through the dark night, as described in the final chapter of Book I?
(a) A perverse or giddy spirit.
(b) A desire for secrets.
(c) A feeling of inner peace.
(d) Fits of insanity.
5. How many important points are made in Book II, Chapter X, about the purification process?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book II, Chapter I, what does the beginning Christian become after passing through the dark night?
2. During the dark night, what does the Christian want to do when the spirit of blasphemy descends, according to Book I, Chapter XIV?
3. In what form is the image of the spiritual ladder first found in the Bible?
4. What directions can men take upon the secret ladder, as described in Book II, Chapter XVIII?
5. What does the soul become enkindled with during the dark night, according to Book II, Chapter X?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)