|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what are the names of the people in the Humvee who stop at Jason's house in plague-ridden Chicago?
2. How old is Amanda in Chapter 8?
3. At the end of Chapter 11, how many notebooks has Jason filled trying to get back home?
4. In Chapter 13, how long has it been since Jason shaved?
5. On what level in Chapter 7, are sleeping quarters prepared for Jason?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 7, where is Jason and what is his condition?
2. In Chapter 8, what do Amanda and Jason see when they open a door that leads to the hangar?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Jason figure out about the controls for the box?
4. In Chapter 7, what does Jason decide that he has to do?
5. In Chapter 10, what does Jason discover when he just thinks that he wants to go home and opens a door?
6. What is the first thing that Amanda and Jason see when they wake up in Chapter 8?
7. Why is Charlie not surprised to hear about Jason 2?
8. In Chapter 7, what does Jason see when he enters the hangar?
9. In Chapter 13, who does Jason encounter when he leaves his hotel?
10. In Chapter 10, why does Amanda think that Jason took them to the plague world?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The novel deals with the theme of regrets and happiness. What choices have characters made in the novel that have caused them regret? Which characters have accepted the choices they made and turned them into opportunities? Which characters have allowed regret to shape them and cause them to make poor choices? Is it possible to be happy and still have regrets?
Essay Topic 2
When Daniela meets Jason 2, he seems different from her husband. Jason 2 explains away the difference on an accident where he nearly got killed. What does Jason 2 say happened that nearly got him killed? How does he use that experience to explain the differences in personality and outlook? Is it logical that a near-death experience could change someone’s personality and outlook? Does Daniela believe that explanation?
Essay Topic 3
Jason finds himself in a plague-ridden Chicago, but he resists Amanda’s efforts to go back to the box. How soon does Jason realize that he is not in his world? Does he realize the danger of staying? How does desperation play a role in Jason staying with Daniela and in the plague-ridden world?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)