|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Savannah and Gregori left to wonder at the end of Dark Magic?
2. Where is Gary taken?
3. Who has claimed to want to meet Gary?
4. At one point, who did Gregori think Raphael was?
5. When did Beau have a run-in with the alligator in the bayou?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Savannah's view of Carpathian women.
2. In order for Savannah to change her opinions, what did she need?
3. How is Raphael related to Morrison?
4. What does the role of women seem to be in this novel compared to the role of men? Why?
5. Does Gregori trust Gary? Why?
6. Why isn't Julian present at the end of the book?
7. How does Savannah change from the beginning of the novel to the end?
8. What is the significance of the list in Gary's room?
9. Why is the story of the alligator painful to Beau?
10. What are the effects of Morrison's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Savannah often contradicts herself. Why and how does she do this? List one specific contradiction from Dark Magic and note why it is significant, how it influences others, and what it tells the reader about her.
Essay Topic 2
Who is Savannah? What are her goals? What motivates her? What type of life does she envision for herself, and how does this differ from the life she will actually live?
Essay Topic 3
What role do human butchers play in Dark Magic? What causes human butchers to try to kill both Savannah and Gregori? Why are they significant?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)