|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who most wants to kill Gary?
2. What does Gregori suspect that an alligator might be?
3. What is the outcome of Gary's story at the end of the novel?
4. Why doesn't Gregori like the New Orleans house?
5. During a fight to save Gary, what does Savannah realize?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Savannah change from the beginning of the novel to the end?
2. Describe Savannah's view of Carpathian women.
3. What is the significance behind Gary keeping his memories?
4. Why does Savannah want to tour the bayou?
5. What does the role of women seem to be in this novel compared to the role of men? Why?
6. How does Gary define human nature?
7. Describe the outcome of the novel for Gary.
8. What is Beau's role in Dark Magic?
9. Why isn't Julian present at the end of the book?
10. How does Beau's story about the alligator become personal for him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role of women throughout the course of Dark Magic. Are women tools and objects, or are they active parts? Why? Cite at least three specific examples to back up your opinions.
Essay Topic 2
What role does the theme of trust play in Dark Magic? To which characters is trust significant? How does trust develop in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Gregori as a character. What are his goals and motivations? What does he want, and how does he go about achieving his goals?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)