|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gary's job?
2. What does Savannah ask Beau to tell her about?
3. When Gregori and Savannah are safe and out of the sun, who offers blood to Gregori?
4. About how old is Julian in years?
5. Which of the following will most likely result from Morrison's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Gregori offering his blood to Gary?
2. What does the role of women seem to be in this novel compared to the role of men? Why?
3. How does Beau's story about the alligator become personal for him?
4. Why isn't Julian present at the end of the book?
5. In order for Savannah to change her opinions, what did she need?
6. How does Savannah change from the beginning of the novel to the end?
7. How does Gary define human nature?
8. Describe Julian's interactions with Beau.
9. Describe the outcome of the novel for Gary.
10. What view of humans do vampires have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role of women throughout the course of Dark Magic. Are women tools and objects, or are they active parts? Why? Cite at least three specific examples to back up your opinions.
Essay Topic 2
What role do human butchers play in Dark Magic? What causes human butchers to try to kill both Savannah and Gregori? Why are they significant?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the frustration and anger that Savannah often feels. Are her emotions rational and expected? Why or why not?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)