|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name did Julian use when talking to Beau?
2. When Beau tells the story of the alligator, what are his emotions?
3. Where do Gregori and the vampire go to fight on the night of the tour?
4. Where is Gary taken?
5. Which of the following is the second name of a man or creature in Gary's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Savannah helpless?
2. Why isn't Julian present at the end of the book?
3. What does the role of women seem to be in this novel compared to the role of men? Why?
4. How is Raphael related to Morrison?
5. What are the clues that Julian will meet daylight soon, and thus die?
6. What types of powers does Savannah seem to have?
7. The name Morrison keeps appearing. What role do you think Morrison will play in Dark Magic's end?
8. How does Savannah stop Gregori's fears about his forced bond with her?
9. Why does Savannah want to tour the bayou?
10. What are the effects of Morrison's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Gregori as a character. What are his goals and motivations? What does he want, and how does he go about achieving his goals?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the characters in the novel and focus on their growth throughout the course of the novel. Describe their starting and ending points, as well as how they are influenced by others over time.
Essay Topic 3
Are Gregori and Savannah compatible as a romantic couple? Why or why not? Cite at least two specific examples from the novel.
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)