|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Gary's intentions?
2. What do vampires view humans as?
3. During a fight to save Gary, what does Savannah realize?
4. What was left in the house for Savannah and Gregori that has healing properties?
5. What is Beau's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gary define human nature?
2. What is the significance of the list in Gary's room?
3. Describe Savannah's view of Carpathian women.
4. Describe the outcome of the novel for Gary.
5. Why did Gary join the secret society?
6. What does the role of women seem to be in this novel compared to the role of men? Why?
7. What types of powers does Savannah seem to have?
8. What is the significance of the alligator story?
9. In order for Savannah to change her opinions, what did she need?
10. What are the effects of Morrison's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Savannah often contradicts herself. Why and how does she do this? List one specific contradiction from Dark Magic and note why it is significant, how it influences others, and what it tells the reader about her.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between Savannah and Gregori. How does the relationship begin, and how does it end? What progress do they make independently that allows them to become a functional pair?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the characters in the novel and focus on their growth throughout the course of the novel. Describe their starting and ending points, as well as how they are influenced by others over time.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)