|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gregori own businesses?
2. What does Gregori finally reveal to Savannah in New Orleans?
3. Which of the following will most likely result from Morrison's death?
4. What was left in the house for Savannah and Gregori that has healing properties?
5. Which of the following does Savannah decide she wants a tour of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and why is Gary useful to Gregori?
2. In order for Savannah to change her opinions, what did she need?
3. What does the role of women seem to be in this novel compared to the role of men? Why?
4. Describe the outcome of the novel for Gary.
5. Why isn't Julian present at the end of the book?
6. What is the significance behind Gary keeping his memories?
7. Why does Savannah want to tour the bayou?
8. What are the clues that Julian will meet daylight soon, and thus die?
9. What makes Savannah helpless?
10. What is the significance of the alligator story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Gregori as a character. What are his goals and motivations? What does he want, and how does he go about achieving his goals?
Essay Topic 2
Savannah often contradicts herself. Why and how does she do this? List one specific contradiction from Dark Magic and note why it is significant, how it influences others, and what it tells the reader about her.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Savannah and Gregori. How does the relationship begin, and how does it end? What progress do they make independently that allows them to become a functional pair?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)