|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Gregori like the New Orleans house?
2. For Gary to keep his memories, what must he do?
3. What does Savannah demand from Gregori?
4. Who does Gregori end up killing the night of the battle?
5. When Beau tells the story of the alligator, what are his emotions?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Savannah want to tour the bayou?
2. What is Beau's role in Dark Magic?
3. How and why is Gary useful to Gregori?
4. How is Raphael related to Morrison?
5. Describe the outcome of the novel for Gary.
6. Why isn't Julian present at the end of the book?
7. What is the significance behind Gary keeping his memories?
8. How does Gary define human nature?
9. What does the role of women seem to be in this novel compared to the role of men? Why?
10. What makes Savannah helpless?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Savannah's point of view, how do Carpathian men treat women? Why does this scare her? How does this affect the choices that she makes?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the natures of the different creatures and groups in the novel. Consider each of these groups: Carpathians, vampires, humans, human butchers.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the frustration and anger that Savannah often feels. Are her emotions rational and expected? Why or why not?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)